Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Think we encountered a BUG

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Leyan, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Leyan

Leyan IncGamers Member

Think we encountered a BUG

Hi all!

I first want to tell you all that I have heard talk about a Merc bug that can kill you instanlty, so I took 2 hours of my time to search the forums, unable to find anything about it. I found some short notes on fire enchanted monsters like "If he's FE, quit and re-roll".

So,

Me and my friend was on Act 5 Nightmare in the World Stone Keep. He was playing a Paladin with a Act2 Might Merc and I was playing an Assasin with an Act2 Defieance Merc. Everything went fine up until we met with a unique Fire Enchanted Oblivian Knight and his Knight minions. We killed of allmost all minions and my Pala friend took a few steps back, swallowed a potion to get his life bubble full. And then when he was standing there a good 10 yards away from any foe with the mercs fighting with the monsters he dissappeared and the message on top of the screen said. egd_Palamaniac was killed by Oblivian Knight.

It was not lagg because I stod still and watch the rest of the fight as my traps and Merc killed them of, and no monsters did any mysterious jumps ending up close to my friends corpse and none of the monsters corpse ended up close to his. Whats more intresting is that nothing that we encounted so far had done more damage in one hit than it took the health down by say 25%. But in this case he died instantly, the bubble did not go down in steps. He was completely still, didn't click any mouse buttons so Iron Maiden is also out of the question.

This would normally not be that annoying, but with a Hard Core Paladin with a few irretrievable skiller charms in the inventory it became enormously annoying.

Worth to mention is that he had 12000 in defence and 800 in life.

Anyone have a clue?

/Leyan

2. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

FE is still bugged in NM difficulty, with 75% resist all it can take more than 1k of my paladin´s life, for hell difficulty it was scaled down and does even less dmg than on NM...
    In .09 FE just meant some fire dmg, here in .10 they made it a full blown out Corpse Explotion... all in all the best advice for HC is to do what you found out: quit and reroll, other option is to have around 95% fire resist and some damage reduced... anyways, good luck when facing them...

3. Leyan

Leyan IncGamers Member

Thanks for the reply. I see the point.

The thing is that I feel this never happened to me before. I have killed loads of Fire enchanted uniques with my HC Druid that has a Act5 Merc, and as far as I can remember 1k life never was drawn from me. I might be wrong here though as 1k life in damage is not terribly horrifying when you have 3k life in the bubble, so I might just have drunk a potion to just carry on on some occations.

/Leyan

4. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

first, the CE explosions are based on %. Not on quantity of life.
    So if you have 10000000000000 life. You will theoretically (<- spelled good?) die also.

Ive encounterd an nmy that slaughtered me down with 1 hit.
    My Sorc (with cta/hoto) had 2500 life with oak.. full resist and EShield.

5. Leyan

Leyan IncGamers Member

So when does this happen, what is it that I have to look out for. As I killed alot of FE monsters on NM and this never happened, it has to be special combinations of something?

/Leyan

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

"xxxxxx" was slain by blizzard's programming incompetence

7. Quest For Glory

Quest For Glory Banned

I was zapping around in Durance 3 the other day, hell difficulty, single player. I'm sorry I can not recall what the monster was enchanted with, but one of the unique Undead Stygian Dools blew off over 6k life off my somewhat "freeform" sorc! Man those guys are nasty.

8. Leyan

Leyan IncGamers Member

Oh my, so there are characters running around the realm able to tell that they got around 6k in damage, and sorcs too. I got my "life druid" up to around 6k in life with a BO barb.

Some healthy sorc. =)