Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Think this would work?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by olimikrig, Apr 25, 2005.

1. olimikrig

olimikrig IncGamers Member

Think this would work?

Hi, I'm thinking about building a PvP amzon that DOESN'T use faith/forti RW's, as a change from the stereotype amazons you see in all pvp games.

I was thinking a good old bowazon, of course. the stats and skills are pretty straight forward, so I won't even come near a discussion of them :p

However, my gear is the interesting part. I thought about using:

3 sock helm with something like ral+tal+ort (or other res. runes, not Um though)
    4 sock arm with ral+tal+ort+thul
    6 sock Crusader bow with 6 shael runes in it
    Crafted Ml/LL hit power gloves (for knockback that is)
    Ravenfrost
    Ml/LL rare/crafted ring with some res too.
    Highlords wrath
    Thundergods Vigor
    Gore rider (Might use infernostride instead though, do they have fire absorb?)
    Inventory will be packed with psn charms with r/w or fhr.

Her main advantage is not damage! She will do little to no dammage. Her strength is, however, speed, knockback, and poison damage. Was just wondering if anyone might have any comments on this, or whether you people think she's do-able at all ;)

Regards, Me.

2. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

cant solo anywhere, but might be able to party. might get a bit annoying though, not being able to kill much .. poison is usually used just to prevent healing, unless you can stack 313 and 100 pdsc by the dozen. then theres poison immunes. ;o

3. olimikrig

Oh no. Goodness no! I'm not by a longshot planning on doing any pvm with this one. Only rush, lvling, and then PvP. It's her sole purpose.

4. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

oh i see. well knockback is bm pvp. could be a nice normal/maybe nm w/ right gear rusher though, original at least. ;)

5. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

Nothing personal but seems silly to me. You probably won't be able to kill anything within 30 levels of you. Also, what do you plan on leeching from? You will do very little physical damage and PvP I think you leech like 5% of PvM or something ridiculous like that.

6. olimikrig

Well, a crusader in itself does 15-63 Dmg, with guided arrow you'll pump up that dmg. plus critical strike for even more. MIght use something like a 45/120 ias/ed helm instead, and replace the arm with a 4 sock um arm for more res. I'll be leeching with highlord/ring/gloves.

7. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

-10 WSM bows
    0% IAS, 12 frames
    8% IAS, 11 frames
    22% IAS, 10 frames
    42% IAS, 9 frames
    75% IAS, 8 frames
    142% IAS, 7 frames

10 WSM bows
    0% IAS, 15 frames
    4% IAS, 14 frames
    11% IAS, 13 frames
    22% IAS, 12 frames
    35% IAS, 11 frames
    56% IAS, 10 frames
    89% IAS, 9 frames
    147% IAS, 8 frames
    292% IAS, 7 frames

You will be better off using a Matriarchal Bow (-10) and putting 5 Shaels in it than putting 6 Shaels in a Crusader bow (10). Less physical damage, but that's not what you are aiming for anyway, and also you have a chance to get + to skills on the bow.

I wonder how much poison damage you can do with your inventory full of poison charms? Sorry, just can't be bothered getting the figures at the moment. :(

I wouldn't really worry about LL because your physical damage is so low anyway. Maybe just enough ML to keep firing GA/MA/Strafe? Unlike other Amazon builds where you only put a certain amount in Vita and rest in Dex, you can put just enough on Dex to wear your equipments and rest in Vita with this build.

I say have a crack at it if you have the time. It doesn't really matter what other people say and whether it will work or not. It's original and as long as you can enjoy playing with it, go for it. :)

Cheers,
    wookie919

8. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

ok how about this.....try it and get back to us on how see is doing....none of the runes or items you are proposing to use are expensive...if it doesn't work you can always try some of the uber gear suggested above

you might want to rethink the leech and look into some absorb instead

9. XZON

XZON IncGamers Member

max guided, 200 dex and a critical strike = 120 to 504 = 312 average. 1/6 pvp penalty = 52 average per hit if critical kicked (26 if no). Say 20% leech = 10 points leeched if critical and 5 if not. Actually much less than that in PvP. In addition to damage being reduced by 83% in PvP, Leech in PvP is nerfed around the same amount. This means that even if critical strike occured on a hit, you would be lucky to leech even 1 mana or life point with 20% leech. For all intents and purposes...LEECH DOES NOT WORK IN PVP.

If you filled half of your inventory with FRW charms and half with poison damage charms, you would end up with what... about 100% frw? Not very fast at all. You would be hoping to hit 1 time and run around until that arrow did its work and drained the life out of your enemy. I seriously doubt you would be able to run away from anyone that long.

Lastly, you will only be at 9 frames. Not very fast at all.

10. olimikrig

I intend on using psn charms that has r/w or fhr as an additional stat.
    I'll try it out and get back at you guys.