Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid - D2 EDITION!!

fudoshin

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid - D2 EDITION!!

Relating to Techno talking about non-static sorcies (which i totally agree with), I never understood Necros that don't use curses. I mean, it only takes ONE point to DOUBLE your damage... why on earth would you not use it? x_x
y, exactly.i cant understand soso without static and the same necros.i met a lot of necros without any curses or just aplify, so no crowd control skill etc.the same necro without ce?! just max fetish.other typical example is barb which can just cry :) and i realy hate leeching sosos staying in corner dont partake in battle but they are very fast to pick up the drop...

reddude

Diabloii.Net Member

One thing that really bugs me are the abbreviations "soso" "baba" and "dudu". I don't know why. I just find them completely pointless and oddly annoying. They arn't even any shorter then "barb" "sorc" and "druid" (Well, you save one letter on druid)

And why isn't there amam, or nene, or asas? Because they sound lame. But just because the first three I mentioned are more pronounceable doesn't make them any less lame dsflksdhflksdfnd.

Just throwing that out there :)

Shaigon

Diabloii.Net Member

I second the annoying abbreviations.

Dudu sounds like you're talking about poop.

leetserv

Diabloii.Net Member

I read this entire thread.

Then i laughed to myself when i realized...

...how insanely much more awesome single player is. Seriously. Get over to the spf. Give away your bnet stuff and start playing the REAL game with no dupes, no idiots, no screwed up economy, no lags, no temp bans, no annoying abbreviations, etc.

Feysal

Diabloii.Net Member

One thing that really bugs me are the abbreviations "soso" "baba" and "dudu". I don't know why. I just find them completely pointless and oddly annoying. They arn't even any shorter then "barb" "sorc" and "druid" (Well, you save one letter on druid)
I guess you do save on number of characters. "baba" would be faster to type than "barb", if you're not used to typing fast, in which case it would no longer matter.

And why isn't there amam, or nene, or asas? Because they sound lame.
Well, going by abbreviations that are fast to type and use few characters, there is already "ama" and "assa", so there is no point in bastardizing those. Can't tell why "nene" wouldn't have caught on, it's no less lame than the others you mentioned. Kind of reminds me of a stereotypical annoying little sister in Japanese manga, the kind that keeps bugging you for attention and ends her sentences with "Ne? Ne?"

Luckymofo

Diabloii.Net Member

ne, ne onii-chan! ohayo!

*runs away*

i abbreviate assassin to ''sin'' but not ''a--''

Mungojerry

Diabloii.Net Member

Can't tell why "nene" wouldn't have caught on, it's no less lame than the others you mentioned. Kind of reminds me of a stereotypical annoying little sister in Japanese manga, the kind that keeps bugging you for attention and ends her sentences with "Ne? Ne?"
I guess "nec" is the commonly accepted term. But i remember coming back to late 1.12 or something, from late 1.09. Also reacted against "soso/dudu" it annoys me somehow. Seeing all these kids and stupid behavior. I don't understand. Aren't they supposed to be wowfags these days? Or perhaps they find d2/lod in the "bestseller" shelves and buy it.

Even in HC ladder people are childish, you'd expect them to be discouraged by the occasional death.

elationtheory

Diabloii.Net Member

i agree. i mean 'ele dudu'. seriously? call it a windy. less characters even.

another thing that annoys me is actually the names of builds for paladins. 'vindicator', 'templar', 'liberator'.

whaat. they don't even relate. how does a smiter vindicate? how does a hammer/charge char liberate anything? so a smite/foh pally is a vindicator templar. uh ok. and who's going to type that when asked what your build is? it always gets shortened to V/T, which just sounds like a car oil brand.

and it seems only paladins have these kind of build names as well. an assassin using traps is called a trap sin. an assassin using traps and whirlwind is called a hybrid sin. a ww sin with fire traps is called a ghost. which is not so bad because at least it's one syllable.

same for bowazons and hybrid zons. a zon using charged strike is a cs zon.

a druid using hurricane and tornado is called a windy. fair enough. a werewolf druid is called a wolf druid. a bear druid is called a bear druid.

bone necro, poison necro, cold sorc, fire sorc, lightning sorc.

there's no other class that has a build called The Destroying Sanctifier of The Hallowed Carbonizer or something.

paladin build makers, save on the abbreviations. call your builds what it is. don't call your char build the Vengeful Puritan or something just because it sounds cool. if it smites, it's a smiter. end of story/rant.

kavlor

Diabloii.Net Member

Everyone making there way to tyrael after killing Duriel,only one person needs to(that needs the quest) and certainly not the rusher(which I often see) but its their loss so who cares.

High levels in Tristram runs because :
A.Its more fun to do your own killing
B.Its hardly a struggle you dont even need to be twinked to do it.
C.Theres bearly any benefit as you have to do more games for the same XP with a high level in game(diluted XP).
D.Its more tedious and repetitive when a high level is in the game.
E.You get to use the low level skills that you would otherwise skip.

People rushing through a level who are not strong enough and laying a tp for everyone to die in.Early ladder just take your time through a level till you get more twinked.

butchie

Diabloii.Net Member

People with pointless whining about ingame abbreviations :scratchchin:

ThomasJohnsen

Diabloii.Net Member

Blind teleing stops every time you hit a door, chest or shrine even with /nopickup. That has damn near killed me any number of times :)

butchie

Diabloii.Net Member

Blind teleing stops every time you hit a door, chest or shrine even with /nopickup. That has damn near killed me any number of times :)
+1. Especially on HC i allways shake my mouse a bit to avoid this :)

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

I'm not sure, but AFAIK pressing alt while teleporting helps as well.

Edit: Yup, left alt key. I wasn't sure which it was, I'm pressing it unconsciously :azn:

Haru

Diabloii.Net Member

+1. Especially on HC i allways shake my mouse a bit to avoid this :)
Press alt (or space, think that's the alternative setup) while teleing to avoid this.
Either way its the key that shows items on ground. That way no doors or chests will stop you, however, items will, but if you are just teleing not killing anything you shouldn't have to bother about that.
Just try not to activate the minimap at the same time (tab) :p

EDIT: oops, didn't notice your post krischan >_<
but yeah, it does work. well, at least I gave a further explanation into it :p

graal

Diabloii.Net Member

The spam bots. I really do not like the spam bots. Sure I always make games with char diff but the damn bots is whispering me from the damn chat channel!. I might go as far as saying I hate the spam bots!

earlarchibald

Diabloii.Net Member

I'll throw in my annoyance: Jool. I understand that jewel may be quite slow to type but seriously? jool? why not jwl? or something more intelligent jool sounds like... so stupid. There are zero o's in jewel.

And of course abbrevations dudu soso..

IncubatorJones

Diabloii.Net Member

What about j00ls then? :D This is how it was written in the Europe's last ladder item values thread. I tried to search 'jewels' with ctrl + F and this is why I had to manually find the jewel section :xxx:

DoomBoy

Diabloii.Net Member

Free for trust games where the maker doesn't even try to give free items.

Someone hostiles you and then leaves.

You're dueling with someone and they either run to town or pot when they're about to die.

When you're trading an item and you've already listed the stats, yet the other guy will still want to see it first...

When you're muling and halfway through, the game crashes or you're temp banned.

When you're going into the jungle and Mr. Diablo transforms into those slugs.

Zorrah

Diabloii.Net Member

(1) People refering to botted games IN THIS VERY THREAD, like they are a part of the game, and should exist and be successful.

(2) People who insist that I MUST have the ONE skill because I'm a particular class. That all people of a class must have a specific skill.