Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid - D2 EDITION!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Technomancer, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Technomancer

Technomancer Diabloii.Net Member

Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid - D2 EDITION!!

I'm gonna totally steal Boogyman's thread idea from the OTF, but I wanna make one about D2!

What are some totally stupid and pointless things related to D2 (bnet, players, game mechanics, etc.) that totally annoy you?

I'm sure a lot of this could be rehash, so we don't need to get into things like 'bots', 'duping', 'spambots', 'haxxxors', 'scammers', eternal bugs (like Fend), etc. Those things are pretty universally reviled, and it adds nothing to just say it again for the 125,493,728th time. Try to be more personal and original!!

Me: Sorcs that refuse to put a single point into Static Field!! What?! Really?!!! COME ON!!! The other night I was playing through Norm with my new Barb, and there were 5 sorcs in the game. NOT A SINGLE ONE HAD STATIC!!! WTH?!!

2. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Things you hate because they're pointless and stupid - D2 EDITION!!

Every class should be able to dual wield, but non-barbs/sins should be bad at it. Is a paladin so dumb that he can't hold two swords at the same time?

Barb mercs should be able to wield more than just swords. They should certainly be able to wield axes. Actually, they should be able to dual wield too.

3. GoldenBird

GoldenBird Diabloii.Net Member

Relating to Techno talking about non-static sorcies (which i totally agree with), I never understood Necros that don't use curses. I mean, it only takes ONE point to DOUBLE your damage... why on earth would you not use it? x_x

4. nicro tower

nicro tower Diablo: IncGamers Member

Because t3h 1337 bnet skeelz forbid it!

5. elationtheory

elationtheory Diabloii.Net Member

why is the sorc, who comes from the desert, hispanic looking?

and why is the paladin, who comes from a JUNGLE, BLACK?

doesn't make sense at all.

how does a necro cast a clay golem in act 2 when it's all sand?

why does the graphic for the zerker look like a toy axe...

6. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana Diabloii.Net Member

1. Why is it when the sorceress exceeds her inventory carrying capacity, she screams like she's on her monthly cycle?
    "Hmmm...a grand charm, let's pick it up!"
    "I CAN'T CARRY ANYMORE!"
    "Ok fine then...sheesh...."

2. Barbs with crappy Battle Orders that insist on overriding another barb's warcries. Why do they go out of their way to cripple themselves (and others).

3. People who repeatedly enter the same TP swarmed with souls and lord knows what and then proceed to go "WTF!" when they die. Whatever it was managed to kill you when you were fully geared; what makes you think you'll have better luck nekkid?

4. Why does Akara always give some extremely lame ring when I rescue that old fart Cain from death? I just risked my life for the geezer; at least give me a decent reward. That would like someone rescuing my sister from a raging fire, and I thank them by giving them my used toilet paper.

5. Throwing potions are useless past Act 1 Normal. Shame, because a barb using double throw to chuck potions would be awesome.

Will think of more things that annoy me later....

7. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack Diabloii.Net Member

Because Sanctuary is not present day Earth? Also, I wonder if there are any hispanic people living in deserts now...hmmmm.

She looks middle eastern to me, though.

Really? (Again, Sanctuary =/= Earth, but also) No jungles in Africa, right?

Magic! But, yeah, it would have been much cooler if gumby looked different depending on where you summoned him, and maybe even different stats.

If you ever played Ultima 8, you'll remember that in order to summon a golem, you had to find a suitable patch of ground first. Awesome game.

They had a deadline and the zerker got put off till last. They ran out of time, so they just reused the graphic for a tomahawk. :p I agree, it looks very lame. My #1 hope for any future patches is a new ****ing graphic for zerkers.

My barb runs around with what looks like two big spoons. Maybe he's looking for a huge bowl of chili?

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I like it how the assassin says it: "I'm *overloaded* (you dim-witted moron)"... at least it sounds like that in the German version.

Why can't equipment be rotated by 90°, so it fits into the inventory or stash?

9. Feysal

Feysal Diabloii.Net Member

Couple basic technical screwups:

1. The game selection system is a joke. You should always be able to select games from any difficulty, provided you had reached the higher difficulties, instead of just the difficulty you're in. It would also be nice if you didn't get a completely random assortment of game names. You should be able, for example, to search for games based on name or description.

2. Adding an email to your account. You can only do this when you create an account. What, why? And even worse is when you change your email. Why in blazes do you need to have access to the old email instead of the new one? Really, the system sends a confirmation email to your old email, which you must reply to, and not to the new one. The reason people usually want to change their email is because they don't have access to their old one. Talk about stupid.

10. raveharu

raveharu Diabloii.Net Member

Well this has been with D2 ever since it came out. I guess old players, including myself, has gotten used to it. But I think this will change in D3 and BNET 2.0.

What I find stupid:

1) Barbs with no BO, and have to idea what the heck it is. C'mon if you want to make a class, at least do abit of research first before making?

2) Sorc with no static. Unless it's a PK char, I don't see why you can't dump 1 SP if you're PvM. Worst scenario is when the SOSO has static but refuses to use it during Boss fights, really feel like strangling them sometimes :banghead:

3) Necros who summon a huge army in a bot game. Oh yeah, as if you're gonna make a difference... yes only lag the game and players.

11. NanoMist

NanoMist Diabloii.Net Member

I find this hilarious and chuckle every time I see this.

Some gripes:

1. Maggot Lair and the people who stand around and block the rest of the group from advancing.
    2. Hratli just feels sooo inconvenient to reach.
    3. People who don't return certain quest items or don't realize they're the ones holding it.
    4. People who take shrines just for the sake of taking it. Activating fire shrines, casters taking combat shrines, drinking from a well even with full stats, etc.

12. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen Diabloii.Net Member

Things that annoy/puzzle me:

1) That an 8 feet tall square object can be labeled "Hidden stash".
    2) That a swarm of locusts can drop heavy armor (which incidentally exactly fits you!!)
    3) That itty bitty skeleton midgets are the most dangerous monsters you'll ever encounter.
    4) That a monster which spits corpses of pukes up babies never run out of material or gets smaller in the process.
    5) The fact that Baal (supposedly the toughest and meanest boss you will meet in the usual acts) is rendered completely helpless by Decrepify + Clay Golem. I mean in the video he killed a dude by a snap of the fingers.

too many odd things in this game to mention.

13. Shaigon

Shaigon Diabloii.Net Member

1. The fact that you can't brose games in previous difficulties. Once you have made it to nm/hell there should be a tab so you can browse either norm, nm, or hell games.

2. That one guy in the party who insists on constantly running ahead and luring angry, blood sucking monsters back to the party.

3. That other guy who randomly afk's or constantly stops to type a paragraph about something I don't care about, while conveniently blocking the pathway in a tight-fitting area. (Maggot lair, arcane sanc, stairs leading out of pandemonium fortress, etc)

4. Summoners who do everything in their power to raise a massive army during a botted baal/chaos run. Yes, we hate you.

5. Constant spamming of tp/pp from some noob. The only thing being annoying is going to get you is squelched.

I'm sure there's more that I'll think of later.

14. Oldih

Oldih Diabloii.Net Member

1. People who have absolutely no idea about certain skills even exists. One would expect this to be rarity but on those occasions I've E.G. used a grim ward in public game to save someone from becoming new kebabdish or attract to some specific monster everyone wsd like "wtf is that skill", usually followed by hacker, cheater etc. It's amusing for the first times it happens, but after a year or two it's borderlining mental retardation.

2. Sorcs without hard point in static field or teleport.

3. People who are unaware that you can walk. I am very positive this is limited to some very, very small minority but I've see sometimes people asking me how the hell I can just walk (as on some rare occasions it can be quite useful) :baby:

15. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged Diabloii.Net Member

1. My characters can usually kill Baal single-handed - but a brick wall two foot high will halt them in their tracks. When you had an on-screen obstacle in Diablo (the original game), clicking beyond the obstacle would make your character find their way past it (if there was a way) - sometimes as simply as by sidestepping it. In D2, you practically have to draw a dotted line for the character to follow. It ain't rocket surgery.

2. Mercenary AI

3. Mercenary AI

4. Did I mention, mercenary AI?

5. The lack of mercenary AI (put another way).

Time for a cup of tea and a chill-out moment.

16. Millipede

Millipede Diabloii.Net Member

people

who

talk

this

on

bnet

because

they

think

its

somehow

faster

17. AMDDragonfly

AMDDragonfly Diabloii.Net Member

my top 10 stupid things on D2/Bnet:

1- sorc's with no static/tele/mf

2- no recipe to upgrade normal equipment. there's recipes for rares/uniques but not for normal equipment? closest thing to it is low quality to normal but beyond that....nothing.

3- the "leeroy jenkins" noobs that rush into huge parties of monsters (cows mostly) and get the rest of the party killed.

4- people being greedy after reset. "give me those frostburns or i leave!!!" this came from a lvl 89 sorc...seriously dude make your own game to mf in like everybody else if you want to be so greedy.

5- PK's that go after an entire party if something doesn't go their way. i.e. the greedy people sometimes resort to this, a lvl 89 vs 5-7 lvl 30's? talk about unmatched.

6- noobs that know zilch about the good equipment. "what's silkweave?" dude seriously...

7- drop rate. nuff said

8- why does Qual-Kehk give the same 3 runes in all three difficulties? i don't even do it anymore because i don't see the point.

9- why does killing Shenk suddenly stop the siege on harrogath? the catapults are still there firing away

10- last, but certainly not least, necro summoners. yea your little army of skeles/golems/revived only lags the game

18. nurman

nurman Diabloii.Net Member

Your old C64 called and it said it was still mad that you downgraded away from it.

19. agentbilly

agentbilly Diabloii.Net Member

I hate not being able to easily shift click items from inventory to stash and back again.

20. Madness

Madness Diabloii.Net Member

1. The purple Gem
    2. scrolls not entering the tome if it's in your cube. or not being able to open containers because the key is in your cube. Really, a Barbarian just bashed Mephisto into bits, can't he deal with a puny wooden box without a key?
    3. When youre in your stash and want to take something from the cube and exit it, and youre left with it floating only the stash doesnt re-open. Rendering you stuck, especially if its a public game and you have no inventory space.