Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Things we do for love...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SomeCanadianGuy, Feb 8, 2004.

1. SomeCanadianGuy

SomeCanadianGuy IncGamers Member

Things we do for love...

I'm not in a very good mood, for reasons understandable through the following article. Well, maybe. But either way, I found this one a good read, a far cry from the stories of mangled babies and presidential candidates we've been reading lately.

So, in the spirit of Valentine's Day, this is an article on the things we do for our loved ones. Something I had to deal with last night, which annoyed me quite a bit, to put it lightly. Enjoy.

2. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I never do anything for love. But that's because I've never been in it. From what I heard, it doesn't sound all that desirable to be in, either.

3. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Love is a weird thing. I moved across two states with almost nothing for love. And right now, I'm alone because of it.

4. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I'm too busy having fun and enjoying myself to bother being in love.

5. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

I just cried my guts out for my girlfriend right now. The feeling of mutual love is simply amazing, Anakha. Enjoy the single life free of love while you can, but trust me... when you find the one for you (and she's gonna kick *** judging by your personality and such), you're going to just sit back and be taken on THE greatest ride of your life.

6. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I've spent most of my adult life running screaming from the potential for love. It may happen one day, but I can't see it happening any time soon. Love is perhaps the most profound form of slavery ever known to man and I just don't think I'm ready for that. :xtongue:

She'd have to be a kickass girl to be able to nail my feet to the floor long enough to get me to fall in love with her. I have a feeling I'm gonna need to be tricked into getting married before it'll ever happen. Or pinned against the wall and threatened with serious bodily harm. ;)

7. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Hahahaha, well by the looks of it you're going to need yourself a very... very... very kinky, crafty woman. Anyways, nobody is ever ready for love... it just comes and hits you like a frucking train.

8. CaptJoe213

CaptJoe213 IncGamers Member

so true smelly, the train hits you, and at times it hurts, but a lot of the time it is the craziest, funest ride of your life, even if you just riding the cattle guard heh.

I wasn't all big on that love and marriage thing myself, until SHE walked in...and now I'll never regret it...when the one shows up, you'll know it, because your world changes

9. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Nice article. The lady who gave up her dog of 11 1/2 years, I would severly question her loyalty, though. I wouldn't trust her.

NB :)

10. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I'm going to continue running from love and marriage and the like for as long as I possibly can. It'll be one hell of a woman who manages to rope me and keep me roped.

Of course this probably means that if and when I do fall in love it'll hit me three times as hard as most people. Stupid poetic justice!

11. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

:lol: You cant imagine what happens when she first makes eye contact. You puddle of goo, you. :lol:

NB :uhhuh:

12. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

She'll have to catch me first. :xtongue:

13. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Hahahahahahaha, another LOL moment courtesy of Anakha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

I think I'd do something for love, if I could find it, and if the girl is worth it. Otherwise forget about it.

15. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

Indeed!

NB :uhhuh:

16. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy IncGamers Member

Loving someone implies you have to love yourself and your life first,which i am not good at it,and besides i tend to feel more hate for humans than love

17. SomeCanadianGuy

Forgot to post the link to the article. Oops.

I really do love her. She just does things that hurt sometimes, and she doesn't realize it. Which is what kills me. And yesterday night was just more than I could handle. Because I gave to her (not a present, rather time and effort), and she didn't even register it. She just brushed me aside and forgot about me. And which is why I'm in a pissy mood right now.

18. Dj_Otaku

Dj_Otaku IncGamers Member

Love is such a great thing to be in. When you both know that you two love each other so much, and you can feel it, well there is nothing better. Yet, love can be the most painful thing in the world to go through too...-_-" It has it ups and downs, just like everything else.

Dj_Otaku

19. SomeCanadianGuy

Oh, I know it does. I've been through them. I just happen to be in a pretty deep low at the present moment. Nothing that should be permanent though. But you know what they say. "Misery loves company."

20. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

I can't speak from direct experience about your current situation, but I can talk about love in general, at least from my perspective, to help you get over your pissyness. You see, time and effort, as you put it, is somewhat like a common ground in a love relationship that you both share. The same way you're looking at it now, how do you know that you've never unconsciously done the same thing to her?

My girlfriend, who I love, who I would do anything for, hurts me sometimes. She doesn't mean to, but it happens from time to time. You can give someone all of your hear, SCG, but you can't expect for them to give you the same in return. Maybe she DID acknowledge the time and effort, just not in the way you expected?

Guys have been known to take their "time and effort" to the extremes at times. That could be another case... what meant a lot to you, didn't seem like much to her because she didn't know the scale of how much you put into it. That's happened to me before, too. But in the end, as long as she's happy, I'm happy. Maybe I'm just weird.