They're Outsourcing WHAT Now?

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
They're Outsourcing WHAT Now?

Didn't even notice this at first.

I think I knew that the winner wasn't of European descent, but I didn't know that all three finalists were Indian.

Thanks to Durf's Xanga for the linky. And yes, it's an older thing.

Syxx

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi

Anurag won in the 19th round with a fast and confident spelling of the word appoggiatura.
Amazing, a 13 year old can spell appoggiatura. Hell, I can't even pronounced it, or even know what it means.

What ever happened to kids having fun, like pulling the wings of little insects, or yanking on the girl next door ponytail ?

Regards
Syxx

DaviddeJong

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, kids should play outside and have fun. Not reading dictionaries.....

I think that kids parents are "pushing" that boy way too much to perform on those contests.

David.

The whole idea of spelling competitions for kids is just stupid. A kid will not naturally want to sit and read a dictionary o whatever all day to learn to spell words he'll never use, but the paretns pursuade them to do it. And damn, if i was that kid, i'd be worried about gettingbeatenup at school, cause you know he will...

Suicidal Zebra

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
The whole idea of spelling competitions for kids is just stupid. A kid will not naturally want to sit and read a dictionary o whatever all day to learn to spell words he'll never use, but the paretns pursuade them to do it.
I can think of far worse to do a competition on, and heck we do exactly the same thing with Maths in the UK (though it is not nearly as well publicised). Plus, $22,000 is nothing to be sniffed at, especially if looking to put your child through private education at any period in their life.

And damn, if i was that kid, i'd be worried about gettingbeatenup at school, cause you know he will...
In all likelihood, he'd probably get beatenup whether he was in a bee or not. These kids were probably humongous geeks long before their parents entered them into the bee.

DaviddeJong

Diabloii.Net Member
Suicidal Zebra said:
In all likelihood, he'd probably get beatenup whether he was in a bee or not. These kids were probably humongous geeks long before their parents entered them into the bee.
Probably, yes......

David.

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
What has this gotto do with outsourcing?-because the finalists were Indian? they obviously didnt win because the organizers thought they'd settle for lesser prize money.bad reference >.<

You..you racist guy. :uhhuh:

Rik
-------------------
sarcasm may have been used in certain sections of this post,kindly excercise restraint in reply.

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Steel_Avatar said:
I think I knew that the winner wasn't of European descent, but I didn't know that all three finalists were Indian.
I'm not that surprised. Disregarding the issue of driving children to early stress-prompted suicide, I'm amazed at the lack of spelling and lingual skills in my cow-workers and even supervisors. When a nationwide memo is sent out, it seems like they think that Microsoft's spell-checking is sufficient. You get gems such as, 'feel' for 'field', 'there' for 'their' and so on.

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
jmervyn said:
I'm not that surprised. Disregarding the issue of driving children to early stress-prompted suicide, I'm amazed at the lack of spelling and lingual skills in my cow-workers and even supervisors. When a nationwide memo is sent out, it seems like they think that Microsoft's spell-checking is sufficient. You get gems such as, 'feel' for 'field', 'there' for 'their' and so on.
You are one witty cowboy! :lol: :thumbsup:

Rik

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
"An embellishing note, usually one step above or below the note it precedes and indicated by a small note or special sign."
I'm glad I don't have to know these words for my english exams o_O

HoD

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey, the more your average white male American fails to spell words properly and put together coherent sentences, the better I look.

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
AeroJonesy said:
Hey, the more your average white male American fails to spell words properly and put together coherent sentences, the better I look.
You're assuming the average white female American isn't experiencing a similar decrease in spelling and grammar skills sets. Maybe you'd do better to wear your hat sideways, pants at half-mast, and walk like you've got a deformed foot... they might mistake you for Eminem.