These Forums...

AxeX

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: These Forums...

Sixen's been around as long as I have, if not longer. The dude's been doing webwork on fansites and helping in tech support since I can remember. He's a pretty well known name in the bnet community, and that shows what they are actually looking for.

Time. Serious, serious time.
He got MVP for being very helpful around the SC2 community, not because of his background.

Elly

Administrator

The difference is that you'll get the random stray on bnet who just throws a fuss and then is out the door, and they leave a crap stain on the front page.

Here, it's the same thing but they leave crap stains on every thread. But the ignore function is much more handy here. :)
It's not accurate to say that anyone banned here leaves crap stains on every thread. We don't get enough trolls here for that to happen and offensive posts are deleted, any left would just disagree with some people's pov which is an entirely different thing.

These forums are smaller than b.net and with greater number of moderators so it's easier for us to keep it nicer and that environment attracts people who like that environment.

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

It's not accurate to say that anyone banned here leaves crap stains on every thread. We don't get enough trolls here for that to happen and offensive posts are deleted, any left would just disagree with some people's pov which is an entirely different thing.

These forums are smaller than b.net and with greater number of moderators so it's easier for us to keep it nicer and that environment attracts people who like that environment.
I wouldn't be a site pal if I thought otherwise.
I was more referencing the individuals who are argumentative without logic and add little to conversation, which isn't against the rules.

Elly

Administrator

I wouldn't be a site pal if I thought otherwise.
I was more referencing the individuals who are argumentative without logic and add little to conversation, which isn't against the rules.
For a good reason.

Dahmer

Diabloii.Net Member

Might want to stop sucking up so hard or you'll create a black hole... ;)
psh, Elly knows me :badteeth: I think...

@Risingred :
I used to be a site pal :D Can't remember how/why I lost it though, too long ago.

fmulder

Site Contributor

Just like to take this opportunity to thank everyone here for making this the best Diablo fan site on the Net.:thumbup:

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member

listen there are 2 kinds of game companies out there, blizzard and companies doing it wrong cause they are not blizzard
You forgot Valve and Bethesda to name a couple.

Bethesda is sort of a 1B to Valve and Blizzard's 1A. I just can't ignore Rogue Warrior even though I know why it turned out like it did. Regardless, they never should have released that so they are a rung below.

valeo

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm still seeing too much nonsensical whining but I guess that is what a forum is for.

I'll only whine if I think they are screwing up the game - a spiky helm that a few people don't like the look of is _not_ 'screwing up the game'. So many threads popped up just because of that and it just screams complaining for the sake of complaining.

Apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member

people over use the word whine online. just cause someone does not agree with you does not mean they are whining. people who are saying the male wizard armor looks like crap is not whining they are just saying they think it looks like crap. seems you are either a fanboy or are whining

cacophony

Diabloii.Net Member

people over use the word whine online. just cause someone does not agree with you does not mean they are whining. people who are saying the male wizard armor looks like crap is not whining they are just saying they think it looks like crap. seems you are either a fanboy or are whining
Is this some sort of meta-joke?

In the name of Zod

Diabloii.Net Member

Fanboys hate whiners and whiners hate fanboys..
What's a whiner or a fanboy? someone who disagrees.
A fanboy defends because they get offended when people attack the object of their love. A whiner doesn't attack though, a whiner is just a person in a negative mood and doesn't put a great deal of rationale behind their outspoken disdain for something.

Someone disagreeing could be anyone for any motive. Disagreeing isn't whining. :thumbup:

FriskyDingo

Diabloii.Net Member

Someone disagreeing could be anyone for any motive. Disagreeing isn't whining. :thumbup:
Ah, you misunderstand me.
I ment that as a "semi-insult" to those people who call anybody who disagrees a whiner or a fanboy..

Now quit being a whiner and or fanboy for disagreeing with me!:crazyeyes:

Sixen's been around as long as I have, if not longer. The dude's been doing webwork on fansites and helping in tech support since I can remember. He's a pretty well known name in the bnet community, and that shows what they are actually looking for.

Time. Serious, serious time.
He's also an alpha-tester. He and his friends also sold Diablo3.com to Blizzard. Still he gets really angry when i say "You defend Blizzard no matter what because you're doing business with them". The worse part is there are actually some people believe what he says.

Did i say he locks and deletes all the negative threads in his forum which i haven't been following since 2009?

OT:I should have quoted this post in Runic forums. Too bad they couldn't teach their dev-moderator how to act as a moderator in official forums... Although he couldn't ban me because he understood it would be a disaster, I'm done with Runic. Torchlight sold more than enough. They forgot how were they in the summer of 2008. My avatar is temporary for Volbard. This is the person (actually 3 years older) he tried to patronize. I always say the truths. No matter it's internet or real life.

Back to the topic,

This the best Diablo site in the universe. Great forums, self-controlled great community, great way to follow the news and no business with Blizzard. Wiki needs more and accurate information but it's the 2nd best Diablo wiki in the universe. We shouldn't forget Foxy Admin (who plays to both sides). He's been doing this since what? 1997? Although i control more and bigger sites (Turkish and a few English just for adsense) i have been a webmaster for only 5 years.

OFC there are fanboys. OFC there are posters from Irvine. OFC there are pessimists and optimists. But i think the community keeps the balance.

Last edited:

Flux

Administrator

This the best Diablo site in the universe. Great forums, self-controlled great community, great way to follow the news and no business with Blizzard. Wiki needs more and accurate information but it's the 2nd best Diablo wiki in the universe.
I would strongly dispute that. The D2 wiki needs some upgrading and additions, and we're working on that. But the D3 one is vastly better than any others I know of, certainly in English. I look at diablowiki.com and diablo.wikia all the time and they are awful for d3. hardly any pages, skeletal coverage of most things, inadequate articles, hardly any quotes from bliz devs on issues, etc. Neither even had pages for Fury, Instability, or the other resources last time I looked, nothing on the crafting recipes, almost no info on quests and monster info, bosses, and various other big holes on necessary content.