Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

These Forums...

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Adree, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Adree

Adree Diabloii.Net Member

These Forums...

...are like a breath of fresh air after sifting through all the tripe on the official forum.

I just wanted to say that this community is really great, and I enjoy browsing the forums here. There always tends to be good discussion, even those with differing opinions generally stay civilized, and the threads are often really fun to read and participate in.

After reading the battle.net D3 forum for 10 minutes or so, I can only hope that Blizzard ignores 99.99% of the nonsense that gets posted there.

So, anyway, just wanted to say that I think this incgamers D3 community rocks.

2. TheMythe

TheMythe Diablo: IncGamers Member

Re: These Forums...

I'll second that!

and I'll third it with my VETO :)

3. Monster

Monster Diabloii.Net Member

Not to mention we don't see nearly as much of the blatant fanboyism here. We can actually criticize D3 here without 12 pages of nonsensical disagreement.

Nothing annoys me more than someone who thinks a company can do no wrong.

4. FriskyDingo

FriskyDingo Diabloii.Net Member

I try to tell the Official forums they need to be more objective all the time.

5. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

listen there are 2 kinds of game companies out there, blizzard and companies doing it wrong cause they are not blizzard

6. Elly

Elly Administrator

Is that your attempt at fanboyism because it's very good. I'm impressed. :alright:

7. cacophony

cacophony Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah, the main forums are a cesspool. That FriskyDingo idiot messes everything up.

8. Exile

Exile Diabloii.Net Member

AMEN!
    I can admit that I have never gone to the diablo 3 forums at blizzard.com ... actually I don't even know how to get to them. I sit here, and get all my info. And Flux does a great job of delivering to us Bashiok's responses to what all the kids are saying on the official forums. :)

9. FriskyDingo

:weep: Words hurt

10. theeliminator

theeliminator Well-Known Member

There is some intelligent dissection that goes on the official blizzard forums most of it is people complaining.

I think this site has a higher % of intellectual dissection cause you have to go out of your way to find it.
    And, if you are posting on these forums you probably have stalked the site first then saw something you really wanted to make a comment about. I use to come by here from time to time a when I needed info on D2 but it wasn't till last year that i wanted to be more active in the community.

All in all, I love this site. I visit it about 3-4 times a day. I might not have the same ideas (of how D3 should be) as some others on this site, but I know that they are here cause they really want to love D3 and are hoping that it turns out the best it can.

11. ThomasJ

ThomasJ Diabloii.Net Member

The best part about these forums here is that alot of have many different opinions but we all have 1 common interest. That is having a great Diablo 3.

12. Toetag

Toetag Diabloii.Net Member

I troll those forums every now and then and I was wondering: Is Bashiok Jay Wilson, or some other dev?

TOE

13. Flux

Flux Administrator

See the Bashiok wiki article for his real name and some company bio. He was formerly a WoW CM, and has worked for Bliz for about 5 years.

Bashiok is the D3 Community Manager. Which means he... manages the community. He is not a dev on D3, (or he wouldn't have time to post like he does) but he sees the game during progress and talks to the devs regularly, so he knows what's going on. Like all the Bliz CM's, his public comments are limited by the fact that he can't break new news or info, w/o permission. So he's got to try to keep the conversation going, without speaking about 99% of what he knows, since it's not public info yet. That can't be too easy.

Since some WoW guild scandals, none of the Bliz CMs are allowed to post on any fansites. Just in the Battle.net forums.

There are no links from anywhere on Blizzard.com or Diablo3.com to any fansites or wikis, hence the info on the official site is very limited. This doesn't exactly help the newcomer fans who gravitate towards B.net educate themselves to avoid asking old questions.

No D3 devs have ever posted in the B.net forums. The only info from them comes via Blizzcon and other conventions, and occasional interviews. No D3 dev has ever made any official posts in the B.net forums, though it's hoped they'll step that up as the game grows closer. (The SC2 devs posted all the time, when SC2 was nearing completion.)

14. Flux

Flux Administrator

A newcomer to these forums PMed me on this issue a few months ago, and since I love my own words, I mean since my answer had some history that might be useful to newcomers, I'll RP myself here.

The reader's question took 2 parts: why do so many forum users here hate on the B.net forums, and why don't more people post on multiple forums. Here's what I said, with a few typo fixes:

15. Toetag

Toetag Diabloii.Net Member

Good post. Thanks for catching me up.

TOE

16. FriskyDingo

Sigh.
    If only.

17. Risingred

Risingred Diabloii.Net Member

They're returning to that on the new bnet forums. There's an MVP program.

I dunno. I think the level of poster quality is relatively the same as the bnet forums. The difference is that you'll get the random stray on bnet who just throws a fuss and then is out the door, and they leave a crap stain on the front page.

Here, it's the same thing but they leave crap stains on every thread. But the ignore function is much more handy here. :)
    Which is good because I can't even log in to the bnet forums.

18. AxeX

AxeX Diabloii.Net Member

Don't worry Frisky, I'm sure D3 forums will have MVP's as well after a few months, just look at StarCraft 2. Hell Sixen got MVP on there, so I'm sure if you really cared you could do it too.

19. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod Diabloii.Net Member

Interesting read Flux. You guys have managed to keep the most helpful and knowledgeable people in the D2 community. This for me created an enjoyable buzz surrounding this site. I hope you guys can keep it up with D3.

20. Risingred

Risingred Diabloii.Net Member

Sixen's been around as long as I have, if not longer. The dude's been doing webwork on fansites and helping in tech support since I can remember. He's a pretty well known name in the bnet community, and that shows what they are actually looking for.

Time. Serious, serious time.