Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

There's still some sense left in bnet

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by kuafu, Oct 19, 2006.

1. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

I was doing baal runs with my sorc that just got to lvl97 this week. All of a sudden, a huge lag struck right after Lister pack was spawned, and I got killed in a split of second when the lag was over. "Nice, 30 runs wasted", I thought when I put on my body-recovery gears and was about to go down to the throne again. Bam, another lag struck! This one didn't pass, and kicked me out of the game directly. Now, 100+ runs wasted (would be much more, but I just lvled up this week):cry:
    Waited 10 minutes so that I could make game with my sorc again, and what happened? A rollback and I didn't lose any exp at all! I guess those free items I gave away must've helped:thumbsup:

2. MrKaxe

MrKaxe IncGamers Site Pal

Rollback loves you dude, me, I was in a game with 2 m8s, muling some bitz n bobz (tgods, duri's, lionheart rw in mesh n dangoon's mace), logged into mule acc, picked em all up, 2 secs later we all dropped game gone...i thought hey i'm safe i picked em up whereas my m8 lost blackoak luna and rune master ettin axe as they were on floor...when we remade n rejoined my mule was empty...quick switch to char which had items b4...gone...rollback doesn't love me :hanky:

3. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Sometimes rollback is good...I know that once I screwed up my Necro and put in 2 extra skill points to Teeth (Summoner). I was kinda pissed, but I didn't want to remake him. Then *pow*, rollback, and my Skillpoints are back again!

On the other hand, I've lost a BP Enigma (ironically on that same Necro) due to rollback.

4. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

A while ago i needed 2 sockets in a magic circlet. I had two similar circlets. So, i socket the first one and get one socket. Rollback! Yey! I socket it again and get one socket again. Then i try with the second circlet and get... yet again... one socket... :rolleyes: Three rolls in a row 1 socket. Sweetness!

5. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

For transfers, have your friend hold the items, this way you will never lose anything due to rollback.

I had a couple of rollbacks the other day after finding a unique ring.
    After identifying it, I got the boot.
    So I went into the next game, ring was unidentified again I wanted to check if it was still the same ring. Yes, still that same 18% nagel. Another boot for me.
    So, in the third game I offered this unidentified ring to somebody for 200k gold. They wanted it, but for some reason he was disappointed that it wasn't a SoJ.

6. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

That's an evil story. Also, btw, giving it to a friend to hold does not automatically make it stick. There are certain conditions under which your character's "stats" are saved (by "stats" I mean all info about them. Their inventory, skills, gold, potions, even items if they're holding them in the air). I've done very limited testing, but as far as I can tell, if you hit a loading screen it saves for you. Maybe give your stuff to a friend, then have him immediately go to like...Frigid Highlands or something via WP. Of course, the best thing is the s/e, the "save" in "save and exit" meaning...you know...saving...in that case you'll never get rollback.

7. k/t

k/t Banned

You don't seem to know that the item is determined upon dropping, not upon identification.