Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

There's nothing better than hunting Dclone in a public game! der=0

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by IntelligentX, Oct 5, 2006.

1. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

There's nothing better than hunting Dclone in a public game!

Have a story that happened in yesterday to share :laugh:
    Yesterday when I log on, one of my friend that still owe me a magical ral got into a public baal game, and the game is in a hot IP. (ie has soj counter movement.) As he said there was another hammerdin sitting and waiting for the Dclone to spawn, I immediately got my smiter and rush into his game. When I am in I suggest we both got next to some unpopluar super unique monster, where I chose Witch Doctor Endugu (Classic popluar place for mf :laugh: ) and my friend got Battlemaid Sarina.

Later on I was bored and I thought I might use my second computer to use another characters to play on other games a bit. Then I suddenly think that I can ruin the other hammerdin's plan by killing all known superuniques (except Endugu and Sarina, of course :azn: ) in the game so we should stand some better chance to get Dclone. All was set...until we figured the op had a miswalk on our server. At last I didn't have the patience to wait anymore as no soj is being sold in the server in like 1 and a half hour. But if Dclone walked the hammerdin will cry as almost all known super unique monster is dead :laugh:

How is everyone's life recently?

2. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

My life has it's ups and downs....

What is a misswalk exactly? I know how the servers and stuff work but I'm not sure what the term is... isn't it when the right amount of sojs are sold but he dosn't spawn... which means any soj sold could spawn him?

3. IntelligentX

I am not an expert there, but I think the bot in the channel for some reason didn't pick up the walk and still count the soj up.
    What actually happened yesterday on server is that op dclone said 122 soj sold on ip 160, where people on irc said it is like 10 soj sold.

4. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

How do you get irc?

5. IntelligentX

I have no idea on that. My friend told me those informations from irc.

6. pera

pera IncGamers Member

I don't get it. Do you get satisfaction by doing this and spoiling somebody else's game who was paitently waiting and did you no wrong? Really? Why? Did he do something bad except having a bad luck of being in the same game as you?

7. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

D CLONE!!!!

Too bad he doesn't drop anything on Classic :(

- Akukami

8. IntelligentX

Do my words sounds like satisfitied? At least personally I think it is not. Also if you said he was waiting patiently, so do we. And he did us no wrong, but we both all have the desire for anni. We just ensure we can take the anni if possible by killing all known super unique monsters. Actually I think he was doing the same thing like us too.
    Maybe I should use "annoyed" or "angry" instead of cry...

9. k/t

k/t Banned

If a good item drops, should I pick it up or should I leave it for others, so they don't feel bad? If I'm dueling, should I lose on purpose so I don't hurt the other guy's feelings?

I'm almost 100% sure that what happened was that the Bnet channel bot didn't pick up on the walk and the IRC one did. So the Bnet one thought the SOJ count was at 122 and the IRC one, having counted a walk at 110 SOJ, showed that the server was now only at 12.