Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

There are NO chat channels, not even private ones. Please Fix front page.

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by ManOluck, Feb 7, 2012.

1. ManOluck

ManOluck IncGamers Member

There are NO chat channels, not even private ones. Please Fix front page.

Please fix the front page news about private channels being included. Its been made clear recently that blizzard is not including any chat channels whatsoever at release. Bashiok only stated that they want social groups sometime after release and its on the wish list. Social group = Private channels. This is exactly that happened during SC2 and it took 6 months to have any sort of chat in the game.

Currently, you will have a CHAT BOX similar to wow style in game and out. You will not be able to have a group to invite your friends to socialize with other people or other peoples friends. You will not have a place to display your gear. Your alone on battle.net, dont kid yourself.

Please fix the heading on the front page. Private channels are NOT in game.

2. Azzure

Azzure IncGamers Member

Re: There are NO chat channels, not even private ones. Please Fix front page.

You'd think Blizzard would've learned from SC2 about the perils of not having chat channels in a game. Perhaps they are content with the 8 people who still play it.

But seriously. No chat channels = no presence = bad. How am I supposed to show off my awesome level 60 HC character?

3. Cincinnati

Cincinnati IncGamers Member

Would anyone care to explain why Blizzard seem to have this aversion towards chat channels? It just seems like a natural feature to have to me but obviously they think otherwise.

Even clans/guilds seem like some distant feature for them (it's not even in SC2 yet after like 2 years from release), it's like they want to keep people separated.

4. Coolhwip

Coolhwip IncGamers Member

They intended to shove facebook integration down our throats for chat and socializing, but people put a stop to that idiotic plan.

Thinking more cynically you could argue that it is in their best interest to make it hard for people to communicate with each other in an open lobby, because that would allow players to trade in the open and we all know Blizzard wants people lining their pockets with auction house fees.

5. Hideo

Hideo Banned

Lack of good chat support in recent Blizzard games seems to be some kind of new design policy. It's not a technical problem. It's some kind of new philosophy, which I can't fathom. It might be caused by hiring some "talent" form Microsoft, which dealt with Xbox Live system. I heard the guy responsible for Battle.net 2.0 system is a former MS guy of Xbox Live fame. I just don't get it. It simply looks like a large step backwards.

6. ManOluck

Because blizzard only cares about $$$. They are no longer the old blizzard we love.

7. Hideo

Hideo Banned

Ok, so they care only about monies. SO why removing chat lobby? Does it increase sales or something? XD

8. Cincinnati

Cincinnati IncGamers Member

Yeah, I mean if anything you'd think they'd want to take the D2 approach a step further and make the experience even more community'ish.

The only logical explanation I can think of right now as to why they seem so adamant to all of this is to prevent spam bots and the like to promote their 3rd party sites or whatever (which directly cuts their profit from RMAH trading). Seeing as Blizzard are walking down the money route for pretty much all their decisions nowadays it seems like a plausible explanation.

9. ManOluck

It prevents you from trading outside of the RMAH. It censors you to anything other then an RMAH icon that focuses your attention to $$$. They want you to make friends on other gaming media, ie WOW.

10. Hideo

Hideo Banned

No ****, you have a point dude! Lack of good chat lobby hampers bartering. However, sites like D2jsp can solve it anyway. I think what they want is simply more CONTROL. They don't want players develop their own trading schemes. They want to RULE it all with an iron fist.

11. ManOluck

It prevents you from trading outside of the RMAH. It censors you to anything other then an RMAH icon that focuses your attention to $$$. They want you to make friends on other gaming media, ie WOW.

Im even going to go as far to say blizzard are filthy liers stringing along the community. They PROMISED chat channels after the SC2 incident and b.net 2.0. They have stated in multiple fan summits and interviews chat lobbies will exist. And now.... yah.... no chat.

12. Hideo

Hideo Banned

I think Blizzard is ****ing with us, simply because the CAN. They know, the game will sell, so they can ignore what fans want and focus on maximizing raw income.

13. unmoses

unmoses IncGamers Member

It boggles my mind as well. I'll miss the idea of it. On the flip side I never really used it as I played d2 with friends and we had our own list and private room, etc. It seems to me that they probably feel you already have friends which while true in some cases I can't see as a good thing for expanding a social network.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

14. Scorch Hellfire

Scorch Hellfire IncGamers Member

Wait... Didn't they say you can still make your own custom chat channels (like WoW) and invite people to them?

15. kpaxlol

kpaxlol IncGamers Member

Yeaaa and there's no ladder system like D2, so it's even worse man.It's like you're playing SP T_T And furthermore there's no Arena Ladder too, so yet another way to make us feel lonely

(I'm ok with no arena ladders w/e but if they don't have a system(like you said) that helps you get noticed by other ppl, why not add it anyway))

16. Accaris

Accaris IncGamers Member

That's ironic, considering you don't trade for items on D2jsp, you trade for their "forum gold." You can even buy forum gold on their website with real money. Talk about control. Hmmm seems kind of like what Blizz is doing with the auction market.

The heart of Diablo is trading, item for item, face to face, no BS, no imaginary "currency." Screw D2jsp, and screw Blizz's lack of chat.

17. ManOluck

No. Read bashioks latest post on chat channels CAREFULLY :p

18. Grayson Carlyle

Grayson Carlyle IncGamers Member

The RMAH theories are ludicrous. If you want to come up with a reason for no public chat lobbies, you need one that explains SC2's lack of them as well. They said they only want to support pre-existing social structures, and maybe it's that simple. Why though? I have no idea. Personally, I want to meet people in D3. Most of my RL friends don't play games a lot, and most certainly do not play them at the level I do. There is exactly one person I will regularly play with in D3. The vast majority of people that I play games with I've met in games, and now the only way to meet people is via random public games. It's exactly how the dungeon finder ruined WoW's communities. You don't meet lifelong friends on an airplane, so why is Blizzard giving us that experience?

I'm not going into D3 with a guild or a group of friends, or any pre-existing social structures. I wanted to meet people in D3 and create those structures through D3, and now that's impossible. I have no idea why Blizzard is suddenly against people meeting each other in their games.

19. Accaris

Accaris IncGamers Member

The truth? Spam bots/advertising bots. Blizz can't stop 'em. They don't want to moderate those channels, so the channels get scrapped. Even WoW still has tons of spam bots in its public channels. We all know about D2. Nothing can be done, the botters are always one step ahead. Its easier for Blizz to just prevent it before it happens.

20. ShadoutMapes

ShadoutMapes IncGamers Member

Considering they invited the botters into their game wit RMAH they might as well take the full step and give them free advertising space.

Wasn't Blizzard argument for RMAH that the players should have freedom to do what they wanted, no matter the cost. Somehow it doesn't add up here.