Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

There are at least 8 months for D3

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by permaximum, Oct 23, 2010.

1. permaximum

permaximum Banned

There are at least 8 months for D3

Last night in the chat, uri19 shared a new information he got after watching the Jay Wilson interview in the official stream.

Jay Wilson said that D3 will be released ""about 6 months after the beta starts".

We know that Blizzard didn't give a release date for the beta. Nor did they give beta keys. Blizz usualy announce a beta date at least 1-2 months prior. In light of these it's safe to assume there are at least 8 months for D3 to be released.

What do you think about this? I still defend my estimate for late 2011. I especially wonder what do those who think it would be released in the summer of 2011 think now...

2. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

Re: There are at least 8 months for D3

still think it will be released in mid 2012 we have no clue at all to when they will release a beta date so i think 2011 is a optimistic prediction.

3. popez

popez Diabloii.Net Member

Ok , if its 2012 ,what they will shown at Blizzcon 2011 ? There's no secrets left ...

4. permaximum

permaximum Banned

Male Demon Hunter...

Just kidding :D

5. lone_wolf

endgame, more about the quests, we still lack alot of skills for the wd, monk and demon hunter currently.

followers have yet to be shown, we only have very very little info about the talisman and charms at this date.

There is plenty of information not yet shown

6. theeliminator

theeliminator Well-Known Member

Jay Wilson said on the live stream that next year they plain on cancaling one of the classes just so they will have some big news... He was joking

7. Glass

Glass Diabloii.Net Member

Beta will start January/February, game will be released June/July next year.

Same as SC2.

Last year one of Blizzard's execs* said Diablo 3 will be released 'about a year' after Starcraft 2. I know this because Mike Morhaime was asked about it by Geoff Keighley on the stream after the opening ceremony. He wouldn't make any comment though, just saying that he can't say anything because he would be making an announcement if he did.

*I think it was Rob Pardo, but I can't double check because RayV has terrible service and the on-demand isn't working properly.

8. Morannon

Morannon Diabloii.Net Member

Awww, I was beginning to feel like D3 was actually getting close. Now it feels like D3 disappeared into the distance again. If the game is released in 2012, 4 years after it's announcement, I hope Blizz counts that as a fail.

9. popez

@lone_wolf - you are right , but there is no BIG announcement left . So imo when the next BlizzCon arrive , we will have this game on our PC's installed .

@Glass - This was Mike Morhaime , i remember his words . One year ~ after SC2 launch .

2011 - " Hope remains within the hearts of mans... "

10. Arcom

Arcom Diabloii.Net Member

Or maybe the "BIG" announcement next BlizzCon is... BETA KEYS... meh who knows when they'll finish the game. They haven't talked much about the acts, guessing because they're not close to final. Don't get too excited about release dates, you ARE talking about Blizzard.

11. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

in a year much can change so i am sure they can come up with something big to tell us. 1 example is announceing the beta at next years blizzcon.

12. popez

This is gonna be another pessimist / optimist tread ... Blizzard announcements have clear logic .They have deadline , and i'm pretty sure the release date for Diablo III will be before Blizzcon 2011 .

13. Autti

Autti Diabloii.Net Member

Im still set on 2011 some time. It can be completed by then, they have the majority of game aspects down already, nothing major to create anymore. (well except for the bosses assuming they haven't, but they could have made them ages ago)

14. Glass

If you knew anything about Blizzard you would be confident of a 2011 release.

It's more people who went to school vs. people who can't do basic math.

15. mince pies

mince pies Diabloii.Net Member

How is being able to predict a release date "basic math"?

16. Glass

Add 3 to the year the game was announced and you get the latest possible the year the game will be released.

I suppose it also requires basic research. Where 'research' is looking up the announcement date and subsequent release date of every Blizzard game and noticing at the trend.

17. Monster

Monster Diabloii.Net Member

I'm thinking we'll be playing D3 before the next Blizzcon. Blizzcon 2011 will likely be all about their new IP, plus HoTS and yet another WoW expansion announcement.

Think about it. The first we heard about the new MMO was in April of 2007, via job ads on the Blizzard site for a next-gen MMO.

By Blizzcon 2011 it will have been 4 and a half years since we found out. Then you have to add how many more years(from official announcement) till it's released?

18. lone_wolf

funny since development of diablo 3 was done 2005 and then scrapped and remade and then we got to hear about it again in 2008 so we are already at +3 years if we count from 2005 if we count from 2008 its already 3 years since its the last months of 2010 now.

19. Monster

Monster Diabloii.Net Member

Counts on fingers...wait what?? D3 was announced June 28th 2008. That means the 3 year mark is June 28th 2011.

20. Neltharion

Neltharion Diabloii.Net Member

I also think the chances are pretty high that it will be released sometime in 2011. As others pointed out it will be 3 years after the announcement and the press kit from this years indicates that the game looks really solid even now.

I assume not many play World of Warcraft around here. You can be sure they will announce the next expansion for that at BlizzCon 2011 and showcase SC2: Heart of the Storm.

BlizzCon 2012 will probably be where the real fun starts if they announce one of their secret projects. MMO with new IP or the other one.