Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Theory of 1500 base Life

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by twn_domn, Feb 8, 2004.

1. twn_domn

twn_domn IncGamers Member

Theory of 1500 base Life

An example shows the common misunderstanding of v1.10 novices:

-Æ’enris
    - Oh, and 500 vita is only 1500 base life on a hammerdin, after a CTA bo you
    -will have about 2400 or so if your CTA is high? Then, a low level oak from
    -charges, maybe 3k life? Explain how you're getting 4.4k

The truth is, for a hammerdin, you can achieve 1500 Base Life without spending 500 stat pts in vital.

Correct me if the following calculation is off:
    0. Assume the hammerdin is lvl 90.
    1. We Spending 422 pts into vital. to produce 1266 life.
    2. 1266 life + 2(life)*90(character lvl) + 55(starting life) = 1501 life

At this point, you have base 1501 life without wearing any items. Now, if you wear Annilus charm and pump 10 str points into str, you can wear a breast plate or mage plate Enigma. Once you wear Enigma, it grants you enough str to wear HoZ or other famous items.

As to Dex., I understand there might be problem to max out block rate. However, Def. is really a matter of probability to begin with. I have not test that out.

With the typicial hammerdin equipment, it is possible to reach 1700 (conservative estimate) or higher. Then with small charm of vital., it's possible to gain 20 life each. With 20 of these charms, it's possible to gain another 400 life. This can push the life to 2100.

Then with that kind of life, after a lvl 18 BO (or higher) using Call to Arm, it is possible to produce life higher than 3000. I have not calculate the possiblity of 4000 life.

This thread is more for the purpose of starting a discussion. Correct me if my math or my assumption is incorrect. I might have miss other ways to gain vitality.

2. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

all I know is i have heard of paladins achieving about 2400 life WITHOUT BO and/or oak sage. I dont really care how it works out in the math world - but it does. So 3000+ life could be achievable with an enigma dusk or mage or something with low str, and a good build. I have a feeling fenris is a very good dueler btw.

3. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

Me / Drew / Jason are all examples

with our pala we reached 2500+ life,
    drew had 2600+
    i had 2588 life.

so it is possible. at lvl 89 or 90 not even 99

4. twn_domn

Is that...
    1. before wearing any item & charm
    2. after wearing item & charm before BO
    3. after wearing item & charm after BO
    ? Please explain and ty.

5. Raven-Hood

Raven-Hood IncGamers Member

My cleric lvl 86 hcl has 386 vit, with only stormtrek's 15 vit shoes to add to hp/vit. Only has around 1200 hp. Not sure why you need that much more vit to hit 1500, I am working on it though. I think if I were to hit lvl 99 somehow, I would definately break 1.5k hp.

On theotherhand, I could invest in dex for max block (haven't yet) and not need the hp as much because I would be taking 1/4 the total phys damage.

Raven-Hood

6. Kazuya-Mishima

Kazuya-Mishima IncGamers Member

Interesting topic- (wonders* if i was an infuence-hehehehe :) my hammer pally has 2.740 hp w/o cta so its very much possible. I could have way more hp if i had bettter combats with life (45 for ex.) and didnt use raven-and used botd for vita pr another bk ring. Or also if i was lvl 99 instead of 89 (im almost 90 tho). {*note u can also have max block with this vita- because i do :) Its actually possible to get over 3.1k hp w/o cta -especially at 99 using jah'd gear.

7. mrJ

mrJ IncGamers Member

Those numbers all fall under option 2, that is their life, fully geared, without any BO. As Kazuya says, it really is possible to reach even higher numbers, my pally is living proof. In full anti-hammerdin/necro gear, my v/t gets 3051 life, without BO, Oak Sage, etc, and I don't use any Jah'd gear.

If you have the gear (Expensive if you want to be more effective i.e. not using plain 20 life scs, some of use max/ar/life scs, others combats with +life), level enough (85+), and tweak enough for stats (base strength, keeping dex only has high as you need it and being very precise/stingy, hopefully with plenty of +dex from gear), if you can meet all of these "requirements" then you should certainly be able to meet and exceed your expectations.

8. Diminished-Soul

Diminished-Soul IncGamers Member

I never recall Jason having 2500 life...if so he was easy.

He told me like... 2100.

9. LovelyGods

LovelyGods Banned

ok maybe not jason but sombody else had that kind of life.

remember i don't remember names lol...........:lol:

10. Diminished-Soul

Diminished-Soul IncGamers Member

Manuel Does... you ninny

11. Halbreed7250

Halbreed7250 IncGamers Member

I lied: i sit at 2485 at level 86

12. tl998

tl998 Banned

Umm how easy is it to get the items needed for your 2.4k life? How kind of things do you have to sacrifice? I only have 1011 life with items, but I do have 95, 90, 95, 90 resists in hell and max block. What's a good amount of life for some who wants maxed resists in hell and max block? I'm level 81 with 5 unused stat points.

13. mrJ

mrJ IncGamers Member

I won't speak for the others, but for me personally, I did not sacrifice anything. My v/t has a 75% ctb and maxed res in hell (75% at least) as well as higher max percentages, and stacked resists, when needed.

14. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

My level 89 v/t sits at around 2K maybe a bit more. That's with pretty decent gear. He was made before 1.10 so he's not built around enigma or other godlies that came with the latest patch. Obvsiously those new items should help you to get above the 2k life barrier pretty easily.

In my mind though, there are no questions about it, to reach numbers such as 2500 + hp you need dedication in builtding your character and good wealth. One of the most important aspect for reaching high hp is imo, your charms setup. That's where you will spend most of your wealth. Combat charms with hp or 20 vita sc with secondairy mod such as lighting resistance are not cheap and people who are trading them usually know their worth. In conclusion, to reach those numbers you need to be wealthy and patient.

15. Siguesigue

Siguesigue IncGamers Member

1.09 VT - 2280 life, no BO.

His strength is obviously higherhan is necessary, but I wouldn't remake him, flawed characters have character.

16. tl998

tl998 Banned

Ok assuming I don't own any charms...what kind of life can I expect?

17. twn_domn

tl998, at lvl 90,
    1. We spend 422 pts into vital. to produce 1266 life.
    2. 1266 life + 2(life)*90(character lvl) + 55(starting life) = 1501 life

So, you can have 1501 life as a Naked Paladin, no gear, no charm in the inventory.

Lvl 90 Naked Paladin:
    str 25 (base)
    dex 20 or higher
    vit 447 or higher
    energy 15 (base)

The goal of this pt distribution is to be as stingy as possible in terms of dex. Already many of us have informed that you can achieve max block rate with very minimal spending on dex. Yes, there are many chars who have achieved 2k ~ 2.5k life with items. What are the vit. score of these chars when they are naked? That's what I would like to know. How many of us are sane enough to have base str and pump vital. to higher than 440?

18. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

Items that help:

Verdungos [40 vita]
    Shako [about 112 life]
    Charms [a LOT if you can afford]

With those ALONE you are looking at another 230-1000 depending on charms

Simple math: 40*20=800 for scs

19. Anksun

Anksun IncGamers Member

I have about 1700 life. (i think it's more like 1750 but i cant go and see for now)

My paladin is level 89. He is at a blocking of 64%. (I'm working on this one now)

You dont need that much dext to get max blocking if you managed to get an annilihus and a ravenfrost. With Shako and those two, that's +40 dext right there for me. (18 all stats anni :) )

Strenght goes in the 130 with equipment. (base of about 90-95)
    And all the remaining in vitality, (about 420 with equipment)
    Actually, i would gladly switch 10-15 of those points to get max blocking since at this point, 10more % of block would be better than 50 life. Level 90 comming soon, should help on this area.

And i have max resists (75 all)

With all this said: I'm wearing stuff for magic find: Skullders, Shako, War travs, switch is alibaba, ... So if you dont go for magic find, i'm guessing 2000 life and more with max resists and blocking can be easily achieved with proper equipment.

20. Ragnarod

Ragnarod DiabloII.Net Pal

First of all, this is wrong, you get 2 life every time you lvl up, but since you start at lvl 1 and not 0, you'll get 89x2 life at lvl 90, 1499 life

Having a high base vitality doesn't mean having more life in the end, which is what's really important... Why do you care so much about this? I wouldn't call a build flawed for not having base strength, or higher dex, if in the end it has more life than mine...

Since I didn't have anything interesting to do, I checked my V/T stats, he's lvl 89 and has 10 stat points still unassigned:

2608 life, 516 vitality with items
    2098 life, 439 vitality without items, but with charms

Base stats are 25 str, 71 dex, 419 vit, 15 en

After lvl 14 bo: 4117 life

He has max block, 49% dr and all that. He would have more life if I didn't go with the Redeemer in the end, that forced me to use a Highlord's, instead of a +2 amulet with stats