Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Theoretical Tournament: 'Local Knowledge'

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Hey!

So, this is a brief tournament outline which I'd love some views and input on.

General Rules:

1. HC, or SC with disqualification upon first death (feel free to continue to update, although you cannot win the tournament.)

2. Single-pass, untwinked only. (You may, of course, sprint from a WP to an uncleared area when starting a new session. Keep kills to an absolute minimum while maintaining safety, but all drops are off limits)

3. ATMA/GoMule may be used as an extended stash (you may also hot-mule off, as long as you adhere to the rules. Please take extra care to avoid any problems, and you must declare if you are using it (as per the forum rules). I will be. Here is the relevant quote from the SPF Rules FAQ:

4. You may re-enter as many times as you wish, or enter multiple characters at once. You may sign-up any time.

5. Version 1.10+, RRM/RWM/FAM allowed. No MP, no Trading.

6. Any /players setting may be used for any act, but it must remain so for the entirety of that act in every difficulty. If you are P8 in normal act V, you are doing hell act V on P8. Sucks to be you.

7. Save + Exit to avoid death is NOT allowed, and results in disqualification from the tournament. (you may, however, S+E if running from a previously cleared area and you get yourself in trouble.)

8. I will make and maintain a table with progress. This will hopefully eliminate mix-ups and missed updates (it's also less work for you!).

Tournament Specific Rules:

9. You may NOT return to previous acts/difficulties for any reason.

10. Re-spec is NOT allowed in this tournament.

11. You may only use the mercenary corresponding to the act that you are in - so no mercenary in act IV.

12. You may only use items found in the act that you are currently completing, but this transfers across difficulties. That is, you can use boots that you found in act I of normal in act 1 of hell, but not in act 2 of normal.

13. This applies to quest rewards (as suggested by rule 9) - you can not use your imbue in act III.

14. Your skill and stat distributions must be the same in each act for each difficulty. That is, if in normal act I you put skill points in fireball and static field and stat points in strength and vitality, all skill and stat points obtained in act I in nightmare and hell must also be in those skills and stats.

We can of course apply this 'local knowledge' concept to other areas of the game, this is a base template :)