Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The value of a Stone of Jordan

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Snake, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

The value of a Stone of Jordan

I am in the middle of a trade. My businesspartner and I want to know how much a Stone of Jordan is worth? Can you guys give us an idea what kind of items/runes you can compare the ring's value with?

2. hermit_boy

hermit_boy IncGamers Member

I think there are too many factors in a trade to tell what a SoJ is worth. As a VERY rough comparison, I would say it is worth a good Exceptional Unique.

But I have seen them go for much more and also much less. If you are both happy with the trade, that is what it is worth.

3. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

We have a barter-based economy here, not a currency-based one. There is no price sheet. A Stone of Jordan is worth whatever someone who has a Stone of Jordan feels better about having than a Stone of Jordan, to that guy. A Stone of Jordan is worth whatever someone who doesn't have a Stone of Jordan is prepared to give up to get one, to that guy.

Provided you can find a guy with a SoJ who values the SoJ the same or lower than a guy without an SoJ, there'll be a-tradin'.

4. Ensis

Ensis IncGamers Member

I've traded for 2x SoJs now and let me tell you they are hard to get. It's hard enough finding someone who has a spare one, and they are most likely not going to let it go for cheap. One was obtained through an elite unique and exceptional unique that I gave up, and another was from a mid/high rune, a scintillating SC (5%), and an 7%MF SC. My necro is loving them dearly though... so like Thrugg, the value depends on how badly you or the trader wants them... if someone wanted to trade for my SoJs, they'd have to be prepared to give me their first born child :flip:

5. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

concidering it's freqency of drop (it's mythical) I would put it in the same category as IM's Soul Cage or a Set/Unique Diadem - Pretty much an Elite Unique tc 84+ or one of those rare tc3 items.

thats just my 2c

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

i personally prefere bul-kathos wedding band, it has the +1 to all skills, extra life and life leech. but a SOJ is good for spammers (not OT people, those who cast lots of spells) and cube recipes. but generally i feel the avergae SOJ trade is normally unfair to the buyer.

7. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

I know the economy hear is barter-based. But you guys must be able to tell me what you would give for one (if you would't already have on), like Ensis did.

8. tweety

tweety IncGamers Member

I never trade and probably never will, but I would give up a lot for a SOJ. I only found 1 ever, but I could use at least 6 at the moment and I cannot say that of any other item. There are not many rings around that give you +1 skill and you can equip two rings at a time.
    I would easily give up my Cranium Basher or another useless TC87 item for a SOJ.

I think the devaluation of the SOJ only comes from the duping on battlenet, like so many other "good" things

9. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

that's the thing though... what we would give for it doesn't necessarily have any relation to what you would give for it. and since you're the one trading for it, you need to decide what its worth to you. personally, i wouldn't trade anything to high for one. it is really nice for caster-type chars, so its worth some of the low-end elite uniques or a really useful exceptional, but it isn't worth anything so high as a TC81 item, unless its one of the useless ones. basically the question is really hard to answer because there are so many factors. i know people who would trade an SoJ for a Sash if they are a grailer missing one of the low-end TC3s. basically, if you're happy with the trade, then do it.

10. DevontheGnomey

DevontheGnomey IncGamers Member

well now i've got to ask, what is the bul kathos' wedding ring worth? more? they seem equally as useful depending on if you player a caster or melee classss character, but it does have a higher level req. You rarely see either drop.

oh and i really do want to trade for(to recieve) either soj's or bul kathos' rings =-P

11. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

A good vampire gaze, a good tc81 unique, a regular tc84 unique, maras amulet, stormshield, a really dual mod charm (maybe 2). Something along those lines.

12. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

never found any soj´s in 3years of playing.....i´d give alot for a soj, and i did when i traded for mine...

it´s a cool ring, low req :)

13. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I would value stones of jordan a lot and pay well for them. I sold one for a steep price. They may vary from person to person, but I can tell you that they are really expensive.

14. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Soj is one of the hardest item to find, if I had one it wouldn't let it go cheap.
    I have only managed to get a hold of one since the game came out, I gambled one back in 1.06 I think.
    DX

15. BeatMaster

BeatMaster IncGamers Member

Well, when if I was to come up with the price on a SoJ, I would consider it´s usefullness. I think SoJ is one of the most usefull items in the game, since I could probably use it on nearly any character that I would want to build.

I would think that a low to mid level elite unique would be a fair price.

-BeatMaster

16. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

I can think of a couple of builds that could find an SoJ useful. But I don´t usually find +1 skills and that extra mana all that useful. I´d rather have resists, life/mana steal (if a fighter build) or Magic Find on my rings.

IMO, the best feature of this ring is that you can socket a rare with it, without using up a socket reward. That´s how I used the only SoJ I have found. I was actually going to SELL it to Gheed for something like 2000 gold when I remembered the recipe. I wish some other hard-to-find uniques could be used in similar ways.

17. red_devil

red_devil IncGamers Member

if its this rare.. how come people are able to sell 340 of them to spawn one DC for one piddly little anni charm.. i mean for selling 340 you need to get 340 spares.. thats :scared:

18. DevontheGnomey

thats such a wasted SoJ, using it to socket rares! you can easily bring a char up to normal skill to do larzuk's quest and get that socket! gee, let me know next time you get an soj =-P

i regurarly bring chars to a5 normal for socket and personalize purposes. Like i'm gonna personalize all my merc weapons that me and my friend duo teams have with a char name same as the merc... only takes a matter of hours.

i'll socket anything you want and throw in an item or two for an soj =-P

19. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Can the recipe be used more than once on the same item?
    It would be nice but I don't think it would be possible

DX

20. DevontheGnomey

i read on arreat that rares have a max of 2 sockets(under cube recipies), but larzuk has a chance of adding max rare sockets to an item as well doesn't he? I'm not sure about that since i always socket sets/uniques