The untwinked level 99 progress thread

JOSHK

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: My untwinked level 99 progress thread

Anybody have a good idea to go w/ my zon for leveling/questing?

I figure I have 3 respecs so I'm trying to figure out specs which will make my life easier.

1 - leveling / questing spec - 80 ish
2 - mf spec
3 - baal running spec

That being said I'm not sure what is the easiest untwinked questing spec. Any ideas? I had to bail on andy p8 b/c it just was not working. Even trash mobs are taking me way too long on p8. Granted I have little in the way of gear and skills.

jevgeni

Diabloii.Net Member

Very nice idea.

I think I'll have a go at this too. But with a more realistic target at first, lvl90.

Started a plague javelin & charged strike zon (there's probably some cool name for this build but I can't remember it), which I probably respec to fishyzon or something after normal.

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member

p8 + untwinked + 99????

Just for the record, as far as I know, no one has made 99 when they started out by adding additional restrictions. But questing is temporary, very temporary in the long term.

As far as respecs, again, questing is temporary. Save them, or at least one of them. Before respecs, we would remake chars even as late as 95-96 if they weren't just right for the long run because the last few levels were really that long. Even with all these crazy restrictions, if you make it, more than half the time you spend playing this char will be at level 98 so again, I would save respecs.

Considering that, I would go with a solid MF'ing build for questing and if you insist on p8, just grind through it. That means most points in lightning skills plus 10 or so (17 after +skills ideally) in valk.

Ohomemgrande

Diabloii.Net Member

Anybody have a good idea to go w/ my zon for leveling/questing?

I figure I have 3 respecs so I'm trying to figure out specs which will make my life easier.

1 - leveling / questing spec - 80 ish
2 - mf spec
3 - baal running spec

That being said I'm not sure what is the easiest untwinked questing spec. Any ideas? I had to bail on andy p8 b/c it just was not working. Even trash mobs are taking me way too long on p8. Granted I have little in the way of gear and skills.
The key to this quest is to level quickly so it's probably in your best interest to play through the game on P1 and level at the usual suspects: (Normal Baal, NM Baal, etc).

If I attempt this, I will probably go for a lightning sorc but I would consider playing the game through up into hell as a blizzard sorc before respecing at the end.

JOSHK

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah I"ll go through on p1. It makes a lot more sense to get to the MF'ing stage of my plan as quickly as possible.

I thought a lot about a sorc just because of how easy teleport makes it. But in all the years I've palyed diablo the only thing I've really ever played past normal is a sorc. So I wanted to go with something different.

99 is definitely a goal but I also want to do a lot of mf/farm and self-find a lot of cool stuff and runewords etc. I want to get to 99 w/ a badass self-found gear, in addition to 99. I'll sacrifice the extra time that it will take.

to be cheesey: Doing a marathon not a race.

I'm not sure exactly kestegs plans. He might just be going for 99 asap.

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator

My goal is to finish as quickly as possible. That does not mean that I will start doing hell baals at level 75 or as soon as I get to Hell act 5, I am going to build up reasonable gear before I even attempt that.

Act 4 was also finished. Diablo was a pain in the rear at /p3 due to a couple of mix ups between teleport and blizzard :crazyeyes: and I only had 15 light resist. But he didn't get me, so I remain untarnished by death :) Looking forward to some nice EXP in act 5 and hoping to move on to NM to find spirit and insight bases.

I found this in late act 2:

Code:
Fortuitous Amulet of Fortune 
Amulet 
Required Level: 12 
Fingerprint: 0x22f2c764 
Item Level: 19 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
38% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
:yes:

Last edited:

Jcakes

Diabloii.Net Member

Kegsy did you want to create a table for progress, given that we have some people trying this ridiculous challenge :). For headings you probably want

Forum Name / Character Name / Character Class / # of deaths / # of Hell Ball Runs / # of S/Us.

JOSHK

Diabloii.Net Member

JoshK | Gambit | Amazon | 1

First death at the hands of fang something in claw viper temple level 2. Got knock back locked up.

coju

Diabloii.Net Member

As I tend to read half on sentences that run onto the next line: I thought you said this
May I first introduce you to....Ohms_Law! The title pays homage to my occupation as an electrician, and also to the fact that I hope to some day become a lightning sorceress :nod:
Thought: Now that's keggers for ya! Oh, wait, there's more to this sentence!

Jcakes

Diabloii.Net Member

Nice Coju, I love reading sentences out of context.

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator

Code:
Forum name      Character Name    Class          Level/exp      #of Deaths   #of S/U   #Hours in
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kestegs         OHM's Law         Sorceress      35             0            18        6

We can change level to exp once it gets higher up, no reason for it now. If we want more columns just ask me and I can add them.

Found a sanders paragon in act 5 0.o Never found one of those in all my years :)

Hew

Diabloii.Net Member

sounds fun :)
my highest char has only been lvl 91. and sc at that. so im deciding to make a hc javazon self found, vanilla, and no muling. count me in :

PipeLine has just been rolled. (no im not a pipelayer, its the Kona Porter beer that ive been enjoying all night)

JOSHK

Diabloii.Net Member

Code:
Forum name      Character Name    Class          Level/exp      #of Deaths   #of S/U   #Hours in
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kestegs         OHM's Law         Sorceress      35             0            18        6
JoshK           Gambit            Amazon         20             2            2         N/A
I cannot get this to look right for the life of me.

I might have to run andy for a bit. I don't think there is any way I can kill duriel right now.

Last edited:

jevgeni

Diabloii.Net Member

Code:
jevgeni		Madness		  Amazon	 42		1	     20	       7
JoshK           Gambit            Amazon         20             2            2         N/A
Quite tricky but I think I got this codestuff right.

Played normal with P8. All quests done except Nihlathak (and few rewards waiting). Few useful drops. Including a 28mf/75ar Nagelring. Also made the Ancient's Pledge RW for the first time.

Died once because I got cornered by Frozenstein & his gang.

Maybe some baalruns now.

Fyourics

Diabloii.Net Member

Code:
Fyourics        RiderInTheStorm   Amazon         19             1            2         2

Went /p8 in act 1. Andariel went down easy. Found hotspurs and a crushflange. Ran countess for a bit for the stealth runes.

DavidD

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm going to give this a try, may not be the fastest one there but it'll be fun either way. Necro fishymancer, havn't played with one in a while, ArmyofDarkness

Last edited:

kstuart

Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm do i list my current fishymancer or perhaps my Freezealot. Problem would be i dont know how many deaths or S/U's i have had. Fishymancer deaths is Zero actually come to think of it, Freezealot quite a few, mostly in Hell.

Could happily start a new character, fancied a wind druid one for some time so one of them i guess would be good.

JOSHK

Diabloii.Net Member

Code:
JoshK           Gambit            Amazon         30             4           8         N/A
Fyourics        RiderInTheStorm   Amazon         19             1            2         2

I made it to Baal at level 30 but he just wasn't going down fast enough for my taste and I don't feel like working on him for an hour so gonna call it for the night.

I was shocked to see unique "chain boots" drop in the arreat underground place I forget the exact name. Etheral Treads... was a little disappointed to see that they were ethereal though. Already at 6/9 durability.

I've been pumping charged strike and it has been pretty easy ever since I started doing that. I'm going through mana pots like crazy so that first sol rune + 4 os wep will make for a nice insight. I think sol can drop in Normal but it's pretty rare. Will probably try to farm some NM countess when I get there.

Deaths 3 and 4 hmm... death 3 was infector and his group, they pretty much insta got me. Death 4 was diablo's red death ray thing.

Lister and his group were a pita. I think I ressed my merc 10-15 times before I finally got it down to just him. The problem is the stun/knockback so I have to cs once, then back off, cs again etc, and tbh I'm really not very good at this game anyways. I'm used to just standing around casting chain lightning.

DavidD

Diabloii.Net Member

Code:
JoshK           Gambit            Amazon         30             4            8        N/A
Fyourics        RiderInTheStorm   Amazon         19             1            2        2
DavidD          ArmyofDarkness    Necromancer    16             0            0         N/A

kstuart

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: The untwinked level 99 progress thread

Code:
JoshK           Gambit            Amazon         30             4            8        N/A
DavidD          ArmyofDarkness    Necromancer    16             0            0        N/A
kstuart         Wozniacki         Druid          10             0            1        N/A
Realised it was 1am and i needed to be up early this morning so stopped before doing the crypt having done blood raven and the mauseleum. Sole S/U was Arctic Furs with a 288 roll :( Still it will do the job for now and is actually the first arctic gear i have found in ages where as in the past it was pretty common to find arctic gear stuff.