The untwinked level 99 progress thread

ch1zra

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: My untwinked level 99 progress thread

Vanilla would really suck :p I'm not that crazy!
I am (sadly). I think that bnet uberimba overpowered RW's would ruin the fun for me, instead of increasing it.
So I grind silently, in Vanilla.

but GL with quest for 99, I wish you all the best!

Fyourics

Diabloii.Net Member

Maybe a tournament, you know like 'get the highest level you can in a specified time-period untwinked'. Sounds great, I'd participate. We can keep it really simple with very few additional rules, if any. Also, a cool table.

JOSHK

Diabloii.Net Member

Maybe a tournament, you know like 'get the highest level you can in a specified time-period untwinked'. Sounds great, I'd participate. We can keep it really simple with very few additional rules, if any. Also, a cool table.
One of the things I'm excited about at least with the way I am going to approach it is that I'm not going to play it like "omg im racing to 99" I want to farm the hell out of one char to make him uber, then level him.

bcoe

Diabloii.Net Member

Madness. Glorious madness. I hope you make it...

kstuart

Diabloii.Net Member

All my characters have been untwinked as i dont play online. Although in this day and age my broadband is plenty fast enough to cope so i could play online again if i wished too, i just prefer not to.

Highest one is my freezealot at level 80, which due to the untwinked nature is currently struggling around Kurast areas against them darn cold resistant thrashers. Hit and run tactics work if you get one or two of the pack following you only.

frozzzen

Diabloii.Net Member

Adding one more *you will fail* comment to give you satisfactory way to bash it in my face if you manage to pull it out :wink:

Jokes aside, you will realize what it means to reach level 99 - only when you get to level 98 first. Everything else is complete joke.

Good luck :)

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator
I'm starting rolf make a list of names :D

Nice idea on that tournament, I think it had been talked about before. But this is a goal of lvl 99, anything else is failure :p

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member

I could keep every s/u, that would be funny. See if that green BP really takes the cake :p
Best of luck with an impressive quest. Though Cathan's Seal will definitely kick the breast plate's butt!

Kimppi

Diabloii.Net Member

Good luck. I would guess anywhere from 6 months to a year (or more) until you're done depending on how much you play. Now prove me wrong and do it in a month.

Not that it matters, you're not going to make it......

Gahzban

Diabloii.Net Member

Good luck with your project... :thumbsup:

Ill join in with a barbarian... hopefully Ill got some nice rune in trav :whistling:

Gahz

Zerfall

Diabloii.Net Member

Best of luck with an impressive quest. Though Cathan's Seal will definitely kick the breast plate's butt!
I thought it was just me that has found 927(Fine, I counted up to 17 before even finishing NM then I got tired of it) set breast plates, but it appears others know of this.. Hmm.. What conspiracy is this.

Ohomemgrande

Diabloii.Net Member

I compulsively keep everything I've ever found and according to my Flavie from a few months ago, I have 430 Isenhart's Cases and 413 Cathan's Seals.

Not really a butt kicking either way.
----------------
Good luck though. I really think you need teleport to do this in a reasonable time so any non-sorc character will probably need to spend some time at Trav or LK.

This is just crazy enough that I might want to try it.

Will you allow for respecs?

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member

I compulsively keep everything I've ever found and according to my Flavie from a few months ago, I have 430 Isenhart's Cases and 413 Cathan's Seals.

Not really a butt kicking either way.
----------------
That's interesting, I also keep everything so need to go and do a count now (Flavie wont work with my stashes so I'm going to have to do this manually...)

Edit: 158 Cathans and 156 Isenharts, much closer than I thought. I stand corrected!

Jcakes

Diabloii.Net Member

Ok I will bite, I don't think I will ever finish this, but atleast it is a nice challenge. I will try with a trapsin.

JOSHK

Diabloii.Net Member

I just beat andy and got some weird crash. Now I can't get to act 2, the game crashes every time. Even when I talk to warriv... It also says andy quest done.

wth.

Also Zon is not being much fun yet, I'm being patient until I get strafe though.

Tupsi

Diabloii.Net Member

I wish you luck and lots of spare time :thumbup:

I think this kind of quest would end the 'what am I going to do next and with what char' thoughts I'm getting once in a while.

kestegs

D3 Monk Moderator

Thanks for all the....um....confidence, guys :)

Welcome to all the people who are foolish enough to join me as well! I'll get a table put up and try top get the thread title changed here, so that its more coherent to people joining.

Made it through acts 2 and 3. Things are really speeding up with blizzard now. Found a few nice things but am in a rush, I'll give a proper update next time!

nulio

Diabloii.Net Member

GL kestegs!

I was reading this thread and thinking that I should go for it, or at least try... but I don't want to start another sorc (a bit tired of going through normal, NM and Hell with sorcs) or zon. And for now they are only classes that I would love to get a 99er with, or close.