The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice vid, @ffs ! But are you sure you had it on p8? Nihl was dropping way too fast (especially compared to Hiatus) :eek:

But seriously, that's a nice setup on HelpYourself to judge by those runs. Without the S&E issue and based on the vid, I think HelpYourself has a real shot at eclipsing 3M XP/hr. Even with 25s average runs, you'd be well over that assuming 23,000 XP/run. I look forward to seeing how it goes!

Also, I really like your map. I prefer that layout #3 for Halls of Pain and think your shrines are very solid. I found it's hard to get a 3-shrine map with all three directly on your teleport line, and it looked like you have two that are directly on line. The shrine right down the stairs before going to Nihl is also ideal, in my view.

On vipers, I'll echo what @T72on1 said. And thanks to @ioupainmax for linking to Onderduiker's post. Now I don't have to track it down!

They are really not dangerous as long as you and your merc aren't next to each other. Once I started doing the step-back he described (which was often more of a side-step for Hiatus that you can see in her ping vid), they really weren't a threat . . . unless you accidentally teleport into a cloud or get too greedy and don't bail when amped and at risk of being in our of their clouds, as Hiatus found out. :oops:

But that's one tip I'd offer from watching your vid: teleporting to scan the full area for drops could be very dangerous because that brings your merc right next to you. Sometimes you might not notice that vipers rolled (maybe if there are just a few to the northwest of Nihl's platform on your map). You could find yourself in a green cloud, worst case while amped. With both Mercy and Hiatus, I stopped teleporting onto the platform early on after experiencing a scary moment for both. It's a little slower to walk/run rather than teleport but it was worth it to me to minimize the risk.

Also, I think the most dangerous roll for a sorc is witches when Nihl has might and to a lesser degree fanatacism. Their red stars of death can tear through the character in a blink. That roll was an immediate S&E for Hiatus, and there were two panicked S&Es where I hadn't noticed the aura initially. So definitely be on the lookout for that also.

Finally, I think you could streamline the runs even more if you avoid tagging shrines that aren't XP (and gem because it looks like you plan to reroll GCs as you go). They really don't make a difference to run speed, and even if it's just a split second to TK it, those will add up over ~12,000 runs.

Again, very cool to see that vid! Good luck and stay safe :)

Last edited:

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Has anybody tried Nhilathak with a trap assassin? I'm planning to go for Baal because of the safety concerns, but I think it is worth entertaining the idea. I mean, I don't expect death sentry to be sufficient for corpse clearing and traps aren't exactly selective, so...

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
@NanoMist and I both had trappers that made it to 99 with Nihl the target for the last level. I think Nano had a death in the first few runs, while Mercy had a death (with body recovery) further in. But I found it very safe, and death sentry actually rocked.

Izuna's 99er thread is here, and Mercy's is here.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
@T72on1 The issue of when you stand near your merc is probably due to Last Collide. Onderduiker explains it here:
https://www.diabloii.net/forums/threads/dealing-with-tomb-vipers.776600/#post-7640437

Pertinent bit:
The second is when two targets are overlapping or standing close enough together to collide with the same cloud(s): since enabling Last Collide only prevents a missile from colliding with its last target, each cloud collides with the targets alternately and thus applies its damage every other frame (averaging 12.5 times per second).

This also the reason that Fissure works best when there is a pack vs 1 monster.
Yes, that's the one !!! Thanks for the link. Poison Creeper is another example I think. When fighting big packs, it does way more damage than listed in the skill description. And I really mean tons more

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
@NanoMist and I both had trappers that made it to 99 with Nihl the target for the last level. I think Nano had a death in the first few runs, while Mercy had a death (with body recovery) further in. But I found it very safe, and death sentry actually rocked.

Izuna's 99er thread is here, and Mercy's is here.
Thank you! How the heck did I manage to forget about these? o_O

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
@T72on1 and @ioupainmax thanks for all that information! Also @PhineasB Great tips and feedback as always! Haha, I guess faceted Griffon's makes quite a big difference, because yeah I'm sure it's P8. :p No idea about XP/h actually as I'm still messing around and haven't settled into a strict routine. Will keep track of her numbers next session and share them. Going to stop the experimenting shenanigans and start running seriously after new year's anyway!

While you're totally right about the shrines, the thing for me is yes they are nicely positioned, but in spots where it's a bit hard for me to distinguish in particular the XP shrine symbol from the background wall while just flying by. Hopefully with a more trained eye I'll be able to do that without checking them with the mouse. Since so far I hover over them with Telekinesis to check them, I'm thinking I might as well just grab them, since the clicking (as opposed to moving the mouse) adds no significant extra time. Also I have to check shrines without a symbol for gems indeed. I also came to like the skill shrine for extra Static range as Nihl is sometimes just outside its range with CM setup (less + skills). I've stopped BOing again though after skill shrine, which seemed like a waste of time, also the lvl 3 shrine is easy enough to spot from the entrance without mouse. So generally for sure there's room for improvement in dealing with the shrines. Well, with everything actually! ;)

Regarding teleporting to check drops I learned the exact same lesson in the meantime when a couple of vipers were lurking around the northeast corner. Yeah, no more. :) In fact no additional checking of drops at all if I hit my landing spot correctly. Haven't been too scared of Nihl's auras so far though, not because they're not dangerous, but because they're visible when teleporting in (before Conviction hits). Nasty aura/mob combinations so far resulted in calm S&E without ever getting into danger since there is a convenient amount of reaction time... The lack thereof is really the scary thing about those vipers. But maybe missing auras is just another lesson I'll have to learn. :) I will try the side stepping vs vipers you guys explained, hopefully that will take away my fears!

Last edited:

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
A quick update from me:
Champion Phaedrus and Azrael the Defiance Desert Merc, Lvl 95 (pic)
As Hiatus was making the final push to 98 and then became the primary focus over the last couple months, Phaedrus hadn’t gotten any dedicated playtime since August, when he hit 94 (and his last update).

But he did get 10 minutes here, 15 minutes there along the way. That increased in frequency as Hiatus approached 98.75 and my patience with LI Nihl rolls multiple times in a short stretch started wearing thin. I would often take little breaks when that happened, with 2-3 runs with Phaedrus a common pause before going back to Hiatus.

When Hiatus hit 98.75, I did a session of CS runs, which brought Phaedrus a little more than half way to 95. He ended up getting another tenth or so of the level before Hiatus hit 99, finishing up the level over the past week. He was averaging ~800k per run (sticking to Gripphon runs unless there was an XP shrine).

Only finds worth screenshots were a Boneflame from Diablo and the unique Champion Axe. Highest rune was a Lem, with an eth Moser’s, Gladiator’s Bane, Doombringer, and set Colossus Blade other finds of note. He got trolled when rerolling Diablo charms, seeing “Combat” before seeing “Barbarian”:
Trolling Combat Skiller.jpg
He also found a plain Expert charm earlier in the level, with a similar result of split-second excitement quickly crushed. He also found this nice little charm that will see some use:
Code:
Serpent's Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0xc0cefc41
Item Level: **
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+20 to Life
+13 to Mana
Needs on the finds front are still pretty significant: Shako, 4os eth elite polearm for Insight upgrade, combat skillers (the right kind), and Arachnids (obviously . . . :rolleyes:). He’s finally crafted through all his stashed Rals, and continues picking up all flawless gems to reroll GCs and craft amulets.

He will get a bit of a break, although he may do some Meph runs here and there over the next couple weeks in the hopes of lucky drops.

Table Update
Code:
Name          (C)            SC/HC    Class  Level/exp   Extended Stash  #of S/U   Grail/504   #of Deaths  # of Hours
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy      Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal        Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist      Izuna           SC      Sin       99             No         5109        470            4         360
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       99             Yes           -        475           11           -
PhineasB      Hiatus          SC      Sorc      99             Yes           -        471           21           -
Neksja        Aura            SC      Paladin   98.50          Yes        8606        464            -           -
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98.25          Yes        2190+?      477           13         270?
ffs           HelpYourself    SC      Sorc      98             Yes           -          -          many          ?
hasuprotoss   Reina           SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1751        384            -           -
Tarantella    Tarasha         HC      Sorc      96             Yes           -          -            -           -
Grim          Furious_Blonde  SC      Ama       96             Yes           -          -            -           -
XyleneCyanol  Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
ThomasJohnsen xInTheBuffx     HC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
darkstarhub   Neptune         SC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
Dezrok        Salome          SC      Sorc      95             Yes         792        318            -           -
Yng           Sophie          SC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            7           -
NamelessPenguin Rockatansky   SC      Barb      95             No            -          -            -           -
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      95             Yes           -        292           12           -
Reyz          Qty             SC      Sorc      93             No            -          -            -           -
Gynli         Amazon          SC      Amazon    92             Yes           -          -         many           -
Zenigma       Ayura           SC      Barb      92             No            -          -            -           -
Chaostar      Prairie         SC      Sorc      91             Yes         659        261           12         126
OldSoldier    Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
tokerdin      tokeress        SC      Sorc      91             yes           -          -            -           -
Southpaw      Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt        CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           ?          -        Dont want to know
MercMan       Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2  Classified
Me2Nik        Fugu            HC      Ama       90             Yes          80
Lynchgrinch   Tattersail      SC      Sorc      89             Yes           ?        321         too many    lots
LiquidClear   Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage   zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
Neksja        Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
Gladstone     Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Gnosis          SC      Druid     86             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     86             No          115         94           19         idk
hackedagain   Hugo            HC      Necro     85             Yes           -          -            -
Naturallog    Athos           HC      Barb      84             No          159        105            0           -
Lord Molyb    Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       83             No           28         25            0         idk
Qwernt        AmaAgainstAll   SC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit        Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Lord Molyb    But_Why         SC      Sin       81             Never        55         51           53
Jean Avila    SpeedAdict      SC      Ama       77             No            -          -            -          50
logo          Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
TwentyMule    Rayne           SC      Sorc      76             Yes         195        140            ?           ?
Gripphon      Ryu             SC      Sorc      76             Yes           -          -         over 9k       13
ffs           Ric             SC      Nec       76             Yes           -          -            -           -
Darke Rahl    Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0
aarrgus       Acala           SC      Barb      68             Yes           -          -            1           -
ioupainmax    Durnik          SC      Paladin   67             Yes          87         61            0           -
Vildecor      Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
Xul's Gull    Araphel         HC      Necro     54             No            ?         N/A           -           -
TrU           Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit        Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer       Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
BKC           FearsomeFreddie SC      Nec       23             Yes           -          -            -           -
Ergroilnin    Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
Kitteh        Kaylin          SC      Ama       19             Yes           -          -            0           -
The Fallen
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Pb_pal      Stevesy         HC      Paladin   76             Yes           -          -            0           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

Last edited:

darkstarhub

Diabloii.Net Member
I will hopefully hit 96 tonight. In all the Pit and AT runs I’ve done I thought for sure that a gold Spiderweb Sash would have dropped by now, but no luck. One thing for sure, after reading the recent replies to this thread, and all the others I’ve read; I will have have to be more efficient in my running.

The XP from lvl 85 areas will not cut it after getting to lvl 96 obviously so I will have to find somewhere to run that FO/FB will work decently. I know I am being stubborn and I should change builds, but I am determined to hit 99 with FO/FB. I have plenty of Fire/Cold skillers to boost dmg and can switch some gear around to be more safe. I am planning on making another Hoto which will hopefully roll better @res(31 currently) and switching SoVM for CoH. The loss of 30 FCR from SoVM is one reason I really need the Arachnid Mesh. I have plenty of 10FCR rings for the other 10%. Plus my Mara’s sucks to. All that missing @res will need to be addressed for sure.

So, it will be Baal runs or CS. It really depends which one feels best.

aarrgus

Diabloii.Net Member
The saga of Acala continues, but the road has been rougher and more perilous than expected.

When last we took a look at the Acala Pure Vita Barb, he had just finished up farming Nightmare Mephisto and had moved on farther in Act 4. The plan was to simply get to act 5, and then Pindle on up to level 75. With the newly found weapons and gear it was smooth sailing and Acala arrived at Pindle quite quickly. After about 5 Pindle runs it became clear that while there was no danger from running him, it was a laborious kill for some reason. It just wasn't very fulfilling. So an executive decision was made to push through Nightmare and into Hell difficulty. NM Baal dropped like a sack of potatoes and it was onward to Hell.

As with Nightmare, the gearing from Mephisto proved quite effective... in Act 1. However the terrible resists quickly caught up to me by act 2, and I encountered my second death on the character. Then the third. Then the forth. Glaring weaknesses emerged and a barbarian jumping into the fray can easily be overwhelmed when they have poor resists, even with large health pools. More strategic planning has come into play now, to keep the health high, and separate out the most dangerous enemies for special attention. Everything slowed down, but I pushed through Act 2. Act 3 the maps trolled Acala pretty hard, but slow but steady progress was made. Then a fifth death. That one was more my mistake than anything else, but it just showed me again that the gearing was bad. But I made it through Act 3, and killed Mephisto, setting up the new magic find target then the great rune hunt.

Initially I didn't figure I would have many drops to show, because the slow march from Act 4 NM to Act 3 Hell took up most of the time. I did get a couple of nice drops along the way to Hell Mephisto...

20 Dexterity Raven Frost (of particular need for the Dex requirements of end game axes)

33% MF Gheed's

And that is all I thought I really had for this update. I had reached level 78 and was at Hell Mephisto. I did a couple of test MF runs to see if I could figure out what I could afford to wear Magic Find wise and maybe hit 79 before logging last night, and then this happened.....

What a fantastic find. While I am largely unable to use it until I can acquire an Enigma, it is great to have that checked off the list of must haves.

Emboldened by the Arreat's Face, Acala hit Hell Mephisto hard today and walked away with a couple of goodies....

9% LL Andariel's Visage (with a 101% ED because of course I get a crap roll with a good one)

And, what I believe, is my first Harlequin Crest Shako drop ever in all the years playing... (I've had them I know, but I seem to recall only trading for them back in battle.net days)

This find left me with an interesting problem. Drop the IK set helm with 2 Perfect Topazes (and 80% MF) or use the Shako. In the end I dumped the IK Helm because the Shako gave me +2 to Natural Resistance, and since in my MF gear I was running at somewhere around -50% on resists that extra NR could save my life. I had to completely rebalance my gear again because of the lack of strength, and the current MF setup uses two Islestrikes for the CB. This necessitated a lot of gambling for a high strength amulet, and dumping about two more strength small charms into my inventory (at the expense of the Identify tome), to just eke out enough strength for the weapons, which allowed me to use my upped Goldwrap and Skullders. The whole strength thing is a meta in and of itself lol...

So all of this leaves Acala at Hell Mephisto for a bit longer doing the Magic Find thing. I would love a Mara's and a Reapers Toll from Mephisto, and a Nature's Peace ring wouldn't be bad for the eventual end game runs to 99. Once I've squeezed out a few more things from Mephy, I'll be moving on to the rune hunt in LK.

Pertinent stats
Current level: 80
Current Strength (base + charms + gear): 105 (In Magic Find gear)
Current Life (With BO): 4110
Strength from 24 slots of charms: 30 (+2 temporary small charms during the MF sessions)

Table Update
Code:
Name          (C)            SC/HC    Class  Level/exp   Extended Stash  #of S/U   Grail/504   #of Deaths  # of Hours
zticazzy      Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal        Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist      Izuna           SC      Sin       99             No         5109        470            4         360
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       99             Yes           -        475           11           -
PhineasB      Hiatus          SC      Sorc      99             Yes           -        471           21           -
Neksja        Aura            SC      Paladin   98.50          Yes        8606        464            -           -
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98.25          Yes        2190+?      477           13         270?
ffs           HelpYourself    SC      Sorc      98             Yes           -          -          many          ?
hasuprotoss   Reina           SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1751        384            -           -
Tarantella    Tarasha         HC      Sorc      96             Yes           -          -            -           -
Grim          Furious_Blonde  SC      Ama       96             Yes           -          -            -           -
XyleneCyanol  Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
ThomasJohnsen xInTheBuffx     HC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
darkstarhub   Neptune         SC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
Dezrok        Salome          SC      Sorc      95             Yes         792        318            -           -
Yng           Sophie          SC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            7           -
NamelessPenguin Rockatansky   SC      Barb      95             No            -          -            -           -
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      95             Yes           -        292           12           -
Reyz          Qty             SC      Sorc      93             No            -          -            -           -
Gynli         Amazon          SC      Amazon    92             Yes           -          -         many           -
Zenigma       Ayura           SC      Barb      92             No            -          -            -           -
Chaostar      Prairie         SC      Sorc      91             Yes         659        261           12         126
OldSoldier    Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
tokerdin      tokeress        SC      Sorc      91             yes           -          -            -           -
Southpaw      Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt        CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           ?          -        Dont want to know
MercMan       Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2  Classified
Lynchgrinch   Tattersail      SC      Sorc      89             Yes           ?        321         too many    lots
LiquidClear   Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage   zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
Neksja        Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
Gladstone     Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Gnosis          SC      Druid     86             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     86             No          115         94           19         idk
hackedagain   Hugo            HC      Necro     85             Yes           -          -            -
Naturallog    Athos           HC      Barb      84             No          159        105            0           -
Lord Molyb    Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       83             No           28         25            0         idk
Qwernt        AmaAgainstAll   SC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit        Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Lord Molyb    But_Why         SC      Sin       81             Never        55         51           53
aarrgus       Acala           SC      Barb      80             Yes           -          -            5           -
Jean Avila    SpeedAdict      SC      Ama       77             No            -          -            -          50
logo          Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
TwentyMule    Rayne           SC      Sorc      76             Yes         195        140            ?           ?
Gripphon      Ryu             SC      Sorc      76             Yes           -          -         over 9k       13
ffs           Ric             SC      Nec       76             Yes           -          -            -           -
Darke Rahl    Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0
ioupainmax    Durnik          SC      Paladin   67             Yes          87         61            0           -
Vildecor      Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
Xul's Gull    Araphel         HC      Necro     54             No            ?         N/A           -           -
TrU           Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit        Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer       Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
BKC           FearsomeFreddie SC      Nec       23             Yes           -          -            -           -
Ergroilnin    Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
Kitteh        Kaylin          SC      Ama       19             Yes           -          -            0           -
The Fallen
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Pb_pal      Stevesy         HC      Paladin   76             Yes           -          -            0           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
As stated above thought I'd share some XP/h numbers. I did some extended Nihl running today to get more practical numbers (accounting for downtime in town, gem shrines, aborted runs etc.) as opposed to just taking run times and extrapolate from there.

Recorded one 22 minute sample below with XP progress shown at the beginning and end (sorry still too lazy to add sound/music hehe). During this stretch she gained ~1.29m, translating to ~3.52m per hour. Really happy and surprised about that! :)

Not sure about whether XP shrines and LI rolls were about average or not. Also a couple of drops she picked up which required some clearing and time spent in town, so she might even be a bit more efficient in the long run and with some more practice/improvements in running. On the other hand, there will likely be more spawns/Nihl roll combinations that will be added to the "abort immediately" column :) so we'll see...

@PhineasB and @T72on1 I've started to implement that side stepping technique when vipers are around, and indeed it makes a huge difference in safety, thanks a lot for that tip! Runs with vipers feel much more comfortable already. Other than that I'm still screwing up from time to time, luckily without consequences so far, but a few of those misclicks definitely need to be avoided going forward. :)

Last edited:

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
3.5M per hour is impressive !!! I slowly picked up my Nihl runs again, but no way I can keep ahead of you. But I'll give it a shot, since that should keep it more interesting for both of us :).

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
This kinda drop definitely wants me to keep going :).

Screenshot312.jpg

Code:
Death's Web
Unearthed Wand
One Hand Damage: 22 - 28
Durability: 10 of 18
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0xc3fe4d8
Item Level: 95
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to All Skills
+1 to Poison and Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)
-45% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+10 to Mana after each Kill
+10 Life after each Kill
My second ever, again +1 P&B, but still very, very happy with it. Venomancer incoming confirmed !!!

sleepybear123

Diabloii.Net Member
Hope it's not too late yet to get involved as i would like to add a HC char of my own: Rob_theBarb :) Rob is the younger brother of Bob_theBarb who at lvl 31 tried to leap on-top of the lord of (t)Error himself, but missed his mark and landend unfortunately right in the middle of Diablos pink lightning of love and hugs.
Rob on the other hand has fared much better than his brother, and at lvl 29, is located in act V normal.
No ridiculous gear or drops to report, got bloodfists off Andariel and Biggins from Act I, otherwise yellows and blues.

As for myself, i have never played HC before, nor have i ever played a barb, so more than anything will be a learning experience and something new. Playing HC w crappy gear and at times not really knowing what i am doing as i've never built a barbarian before, feels quite nerve wrecking at times, but on the other hand, i've not had such fun playing D2 in years.

Code:
Code:
aarrgus       Acala           SC      Barb      80             Yes           -          -            5           -
Sleepybear123 Rob_theBarb     HC      Barb      29             yes           -          -            -          10

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
@sleepybear123 Never too late, welcome and good luck!

@T72on1 Nice to see you running again, and cool drop! That's how D2 always sucks you back in. :) Wouldn't worry too much at all about the +1 roll for a PN/CE Nec personally.

Not sure if I will catch Neverland, especially when you're starting to run again! I was getting somewhat bored before I decided to push the final stretch to 98 at Baal. Once the novelty of running Nihlathak is gone it really remains to be seen if I'll be motivated to play enough to keep up the pace. :)

NanoMist

Diabloii.Net Member
@ffs - A little late but here's my old post about shrine odds and Nihlathak running. I theorycrafted a 16% chance of holding onto an Exp. shrine for the kill (with a 3 shrine map), and in my 99er thread I found out it was ~15% in practice (1756/11802 runs). I never factored in cursed Nihlathak in the theorycrafting since I was able to dodge his Arctic Blast most of the time, but I do get hit sometimes in practice, which might explain the 1% drop. A 15% Exp. shrine rate translates to 7.5% more experience on average per run, meaning shorter runs benefit less if there is time spent checking shrines. 7.5% of 20 seconds is 1.5 seconds, so it might be in break-even territory. However, going for gem shrines has its uses as well, so there's still value in those shrines. Anyways, great job reaching up to this point, I look forward to your updates!

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
@ffs

dude, you're pulling out the best all time P8/sorc/Nihl or there about.

Not wanting to challenge you, but I definitely must check some things now :D

and if those numbers are even near (and they might be, great runs), fastest 99-- go go!

Reactions: ffs

darkstarhub

Diabloii.Net Member
Finally hit 96. Roughly 250 mil to to 97. Its time to get serious.
Screenshot258.jpg

Table Update

Code:
Code:
darkstarhub   Neptune         SC      Sorc      96             Yes           -        452            -           -
Sleepybear123 Rob_theBarb     HC      Barb      29             yes           -          -            -          10
The Fallen
Code:

Last edited:

darkstarhub

Diabloii.Net Member
I went to YouTube to look up some CS videos and who do I find a video from? Good ol' @Grape is who, and I think I may have watched that one before if you have ever linked it here. Wow, that is quite the gear man. That amulet is just plain sick. Absolutely disgusting. I had also forgotten about porting with the inventory screen open.

I cant compete with that, but I have found enough to get something in the ballpark. P8 is probably not gonna happen right now, but with a few quick P3 Vizier/Infector runs I was netting about 200K XP from them. I think P5 is doable with my current setup, but my poor Merc gets hammered by OK packs.

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
Definitely start with lower settings! While your gear improves, especially your running and the feel of it all improves over time. Even while playing with good gear, I had close calls now and then myself when I still did CS runs :)