The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
I regularly get XP shrines in the CS with Fordyl. Preferably the shrine right next to D's spawn or by the RoF WP as neither causes delay. I also sometimes get one at the CS entry, in which case I have maybe a 5 second delay.

logoutzero

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, never had this happen before!

Nightmare Ancients, 2/3 unbreakable PI. Well, maybe not unbreakable, but Amp didn't break it, what else is there?

Level 63, I'm just gonna re-roll them. Glad this isn't a strict Single Pass tourney, I'd be done for!

coju

Diabloii.Net Member
How did the reroll go?
Forgot hoe powerful fb was in act 1! Especially with a plus three Fire Ball Leaf Staff ! Took a few minutes to shop. The Rouge exit was right above Akara's hut so I just tp'd in next to her. I took screenies. Took 55 mi utes to get to act 2l so I'll update the table accordingly later.

Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pb_pal      Eleanor         SC      Sorc      91             No          341        193            1           -
NanoMist    Izuna           SC      Sin       90             No          173        126            1           30
PhineasB    Mercy           SC      Sin       87             Yes           -        139            5           -
OldSoldier  Battleforge     HC      Pala      83             Yes           -        114            -           -
Tarantella  Tarasha         HC      Sorc      82             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit      Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
T72on1      Neverland       SC      Sorc      79             Yes          35         34            2           14
Darke Rahl  Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0           0
logo        Digimon         HC      Nec       57             Yes          33          0            0           -
Gambit      Colossus        SC      Pal       39             YES           0          0            0           0
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     22             Yes           -          0            0           -
Ergroilnin  Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      19             Yes           1          1            0          55mns
The Fallen:
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes          -           0            0         a few
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

Attachments

Last edited:

logoutzero

Diabloii.Net Member
Reroll made all three Lit enchanted. Was easy. Now a Destroyer trying to figure out how to get the red resists off my character sheet...

I have runes for Smoke, just need to get a shirt with 2 holes. I was going to socket this head with the cube and stick diamonds in it, but alas....
Code:
Superior Zombie Head
Defense: 9
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 22 of 22
Required Level: 6
Required Strength: 14
Fingerprint: 0x48f30df8
Item Level: 10
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Adds 2 - 7 Poison Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
+1 to Raise Skeleton (Necromancer Only)
+2 to Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
+3 to Amplify Damage (Necromancer Only)
+6% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Durability 10%
Dangit! I don't think it's worth a Larzuk, especially with +3 Amp being the most useful stat at this point in the game. No Shael runes yet, can't even bake one. Maybe I need to run the Countess for a little while, then I can at least make a Rhyme...

Last edited:

coju

Diabloii.Net Member
What's wrong with it? I'm guessing it only got two sockets? And what build are you? Also, did you center the Star in Texas on your house? Because I mapquested it and zoomed far in in Yahoo Maps and there is only a cow there.

... I may switch to sc... I hit '~' instead of 'esc'. I blame my cat: because he is lying where the keyboard normally goes, and it is sideways. Actually, I blame myself, sorry Howard. (He won't know I said this anyways, as he is a cat and cannot read.)

Just made it to diablo and deed again... Best of luck to the rest of the contenders. It was fun playing with you guys.

Last edited:

Smancer

Diabloii.Net Member
Well one of the things I have always wanted to do is create an untwinked char and at least finish the game with them. So I might as well throw my name in the hat here with my newly created necro Smancer.

I am kind of combining goals here, as I have also wanted to completely follow nightfish's guide and have a char do a completely full clear of every area. So those will be my goals before tackling level 99.

Smancer is currently level 10, and has cleared the cold plains, cave, blood moor and den.

No topazs yet. Actually no good drops at all yet. I guess this ring surprised me, but it isn't anything wonderful:

Code:
Felicitous Ring of the Apprentice
Ring
Required Level: 3
Fingerprint: 0xbfd2e7b5
Item Level: 5
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+10% Faster Cast Rate
6% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

I'll have to remember how to update tables here and add my name. I am playing SC, and probably will have a few deaths, because with a 6 month old at home, my wife sometimes calls and I have no time to tp or anything and my chars just tend to die with me afk.

coju

Diabloii.Net Member
I hit Reply then cut/paste the codded part into notepad, then add what I need to add. Sometimes I do it within the reply box, but that doesn't always work. Then just cut/paste into reply

Code:
Pb_pal      Eleanor         SC      Sorc      91             No          341        193            1           -
NanoMist    Izuna           SC      Sin       90             No          173        126            1           30
PhineasB    Mercy           SC      Sin       87             Yes           -        139            5           -
OldSoldier  Battleforge     HC      Pala      83             Yes           -        114            -           -
Tarantella  Tarasha         HC      Sorc      82             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit      Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
T72on1      Neverland       SC      Sorc      79             Yes          35         34            2           14
Darke Rahl  Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0           0
logo        Digimon         HC      Nec       57             Yes          33          0            0           -
Gambit      Colossus        SC      Pal       39             YES           0          0            0           0
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     22             Yes           -          0            0           -
Ergroilnin  Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
Smancer     Smancer         SC      Necro     10              -            -          -            -           -
The Fallen:
Code:
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes          -           0            0         a few
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

NanoMist

Diabloii.Net Member
I've reached the limit of my Pindle exp. grind at lvl 92. I estimated 93 to take 7 hours, which is almost the same time as going 90 -> 92, and I rather not do that. Lvl 92 is 90% as good as 93 for crafting amulets, which is acceptable to me, so Izuna will be living in LK for the near future.

Didn't find much getting to 92, as I was optimized for kill speed and low on the MF side.
Few interesting drops though:
Eth Skin of the Flayed One
18/16 SC

Code:
NanoMist    Izuna           SC      Sin       92             No          246        162            1           37
Smancer     Smancer         SC      Necro     10              -            -          -            -           -
The Fallen:
Code:
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Catching up on the progress, as I've been offline the last week with my wife's mom visiting last weekend and a busy work week. Great progress everyone (and sorry for the loss @coju)! I haven't played but a few minutes, so no progress to report yet.

On the LK question @Brak raised, I can confirm smashing the orb is all that is needed to have the zealots run away. It had been a while since I ran LK with a new character, and when I began the LK runs with Mercy, LK seemed much more dangerous than I remembered (I died three times early on). I had never done LK with an assassin (instead of sorc) so figured that was the difference. Then Mercy died to a zealot boss pack inside a hut. It took about 5 seconds before I put 2+2 together that those things usually run away. I realized that I had been so eager to start LK runs that I started as I hit the LK WP. So I went on to Trav, killed the Council, and smashed the orb. Much less dangerous after that :rolleyes:

I hope to get a level or two this weekend. I'm curious for advice -- the kill speed at higher player settings is slow. Should I go back to LK running until I can make Infinity (have the two Surs already)? Or just grind away at P1 or P3 as possible for Pindle and Pits?

logoutzero

Diabloii.Net Member
What's wrong with it? I'm guessing it only got two sockets? And what build are you? Also, did you center the Star in Texas on your house? Because I mapquested it and zoomed far in in Yahoo Maps and there is only a cow there.(snip)
It's superior, cube won't socket superiors. Also no, my house is not there. It's here.

Edit:
Digimon, the level 72 yet-again-still-a-fishy, has cleared up to Outer Cloister, Hell.

I'm a bit young to be in Hell, I wanted to try the Pits once or twice, but merc and army can't hang yet. Merc is wearing Meat Scraper and Hwanin's. Thinking about shifting to Poison, but 80 skill points leaves me a little shy of where I want to be, and I don't have the gear to support going hybrid just yet. Guess I'll go tool around in NM and see if I can get some things to help.

Last edited:

coju

Diabloii.Net Member
What is your nm plan, logo? Meph? Wsk runs? Pindy -> eld shienk? All of the above?

I've killed diablo with fireball. Doing some eld runs with fo. I think I like blizzard more after using it aome. Easier to cast. Dame seems more reliable. I'll continue with fo/fb for a while though and will add myself to the table when I get further and if dark souls iii doesn't take up all my gaming time.

Tenecabo

Diabloii.Net Member
Played a bit more, went Players 8 through act 3, then lowered to P3 in act 4, as anything with fire resistance slowed me down considerably. Killed Dia on P1 after shopping for some res gear (got some nice 30-40% res items, as well as some good MF stuff. After that I lvled on P8 Eldritch to 40, and I'm ready to blaze through act 5.

Code:
NanoMist    Izuna           SC      Sin       92             No          246        162            1           37
logo        Digimon         HC      Nec       72             Yes          33          0            0           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     40             Yes           -          0            0           -
The Fallen:
Code:

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Mercy gained two more levels and is now at 89. I ran a combination of Eldrich and Pindle to Level **, and then switched up between Pindle or Pits to 89. Nothing very exciting for drops, although I did get a Dragonscale in the Pits, which is the first non-Eth one of those I’ve found. One death at Pindle where I thought I'd hit Esc when getting up to answer the door -- apparently not . . .

I then decided to finish up the second set of 250 runes from LK and found a Gul and an Um in the early going. I got a nice Shimmering GC of Sustenance to help get me through a big dry spell with nothing higher than a Lum, and then the Sur dropped, with a Mal three runs later. A Pul dropped before I got to 150 runes (plus the 100 from earlier). If I cubed all my runes, I could get 2 Bers for Infinity, but I’m not ready to do that yet.

I’m going to regear, gamble and hope I get a nice +trap skill circlet or amulet (got nice +3 shadow on both from LK, which isn’t as helpful). I’m probably then going to focus on WSK and Pits for XP for the next couple levels.

I had never thought seriously about going for 99, so I never really paid attention to the 99 theorycrafting thread. I am only a few pages in, but there is lots of good info in there so thought I’d link it in case others weren’t aware of it. The most interesting thing (to me) so far was the discussion of whether to focus on running targets for gear or to just run for XP on the assumption that gear will drop along the way. I am happy with my runes from LK, but I think about the time spent there versus running Pits and how it would balance out in the end.

Good progress everyone. I’ll do an update when I get to Lvl 90.

Code:
PhineasB    Mercy           SC      Sin       89             Yes           -        172            6           -
logo        Digimon         HC      Nec       72             Yes          33          0            0           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     40             Yes           -          0            0           -
The Fallen:
Code:

Timinator

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, great to see the 90s starting. A nice little SC race, glad some HC not far behind.

That Zakarum Shield looks pretty sweet, I've been wanting one of those since late 2003!

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm going to be restarting in this today as I have been injured for a week and am starting to get grumpy :p