The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Sorry guys I have been so absent, although it pretty much runs itself :p Hope you're all having fun, it certainly looks like there is progress being made! I may consider rejoining at some point in the future.

grim

Diabloii.Net Member
Regarding bases for infinity, I for one think that @ffs is right...

In an untwinked situation where your character is undergeared, farming for infinity bases takes longer than you might think. In my case, finding a 4 sock eth CV was a lot more frustrating than grinding LK for infinity and enigma runes combined...

I would really like to be able to test some Baal runs with CV infinity vs thresher infinity just to settle this (for javazons at least), but the tournament rules prevent this (and I don't have another one anyway). Closing on 97 and still a better base hasn't dropped. If it will, I will seriously consider rolling another Infinity if I have the runse. I still don't think there will be any difference whatsoever because my javazon kills all minions and bosses herself and just skips unbreakable LI Lister.

Clearly CV is one of the worst options (has been discussed ad nauseam on this forum), but the purpose of these characters is to level as fast as possible, NOT to have perfect gear...

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I don't think that finding an ethereal thresher for Infinity is that big of a hassle, and is worth it to not be using a CV. Ewwwww.

Arranj

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello all ^^

Ive been watching this thread for quite some time and i must say, its awesome. You guys have done some amazing stuff. It inspired to to pick D2 back up and have a go at two things i havent ever done on diablo 2; a) successfuly make guardian b) hit level 99.

Starting from scratch a few months ago, ive managed to take an untwinked bone necro to guardian, my first ever! :D. I've been playing him for a few weeks since,leveling to 89 and slowly improving gear. I planned on officially entering him in this thread this weekend once ive completed my Guardian thread (which ive massivley dragged ass on). So here he is in all his glory.

Guardian Gray
Thats the good news...

..This is the bad news.

So yes, thats the end of that. Re-rolled a new pits map this morning so i was checking out paths to Meph, CS, Baal ect. Took waypoint to worldstone keep, ran about 5 yards and got smashed to bits by gloams; i wasnt really paying attention and was so surprised that i didnt even pot. I unfortunatley left game at players 8 from the pits, think i got 3-4 hit. whoops :oops:.

Pretty gutted about it i must admit, though its really the method of death for the most part. I mean not even putting up a fight or trying any evasive maneuvers, just pausing and frying, not good!

Ahhh well, we must move on, which leads me to my new official enterant into this grueling task. Raum the lvl 1 HC Druid! Only ever played a wolf druid before, and that was years ago on bnet so playing this through as a windy will be something new. Back on the horse eh? ^^

Yng

Diabloii.Net Member
It's worth noting that if you want to use Delirium it's more Confuse procs with the faster bases too. Although, if you go the Treachery route, there's no difference in effective Jab speed from GPA and Thresher/GT (for Delirium setup) so you get ~10 more average base damage with the GPA.

Wasn't trying to insult anyone, someone asked about the difference between the bases and I was just clarifying. It's more of a personal preference than anything, like I said. The Eth CV will still be perfectly fine lol. I just don't think I wouldn't find/cube a Eth 4 socket Thresher/Giant Thresher before moving on from P8 AT, and Blizzard/Insight works perfectly fine for that.

E: Kudos @Arranj on Guardian. I know the RIP hurts but good luck with that Druid, I had lot of fun with mine.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't think that finding an ethereal thresher for Infinity is that big of a hassle, and is worth it to not be using a CV. Ewwwww.
Easier said than done in a situation where you have to find it with one specific character while having tons of other stuff on your to do list. :) So at least three 99er runners here made Infinity in a CV, all of them fully aware of the difference faster bases make (or rather lack thereof IMO, given the purpose of this runeword). I believe @NanoMist (or someone else that finished 99, can't remember atm) even sacrificed a socket quest to make it in a CV, which is actually a huge deal when playing untwinked. That's because imo getting back to making progress is just proper prioritization over a negligible downside. Even for my untwinked chars I made it in a CV first for the lack of better base at the time (had just started using GoMule), and when I had spare runes for a second Infinity, I made it in an eth Scythe for gearing experiments instead of Thresher/GS since it still didn't seem worth it to me to improve on the Merc one.

EDIT: Just as a final note, I got curious an checked my main stash to see how many suitable eth/socketed Threshers or Giant Threshers I have collected over the last ~18 months: One eth 4os Thresher, as for 0os ones that could be rolled for sockets there are four eth Threshers and one eth Giant Thresher. That’s not a lot considering I did a lot of running in this period and with highly optimized characters, including countless cows killed in RFL. ;) Granted however, if you really want it and look for a stable rack for these bases it’s definitely doable though. But can’t think of any more annoying and frustrating activity, took me about 4 hours to find the CV rack and even that I consider rather lucky. :)

@Yng don't worry noone is offended :) I just wanted to explain the reasoning and emphasize that the differences are really small.

@Arranj sorry about that RIP , but of course welcome here, may the drops come! You won't regret joining it's a very fun competition. :)

Last edited:

Yng

Diabloii.Net Member
So I finally have a little time to give this an update. Kyrie is still sitting at roughly 90 3/4, although I did do a few more Meph/LK runs that produced nothing worth mentioning. Most of the little time I do have was dedicated towards continuing to prepare Sophie for the MFO, and she's made some decent progress. I made it to AT @ clvl72 and as you can imagine the runs were quite slow/cautious early on. I fell 3 more times early on in AT runs (some of the ranged lightning mobs had potential to literally one shot me and anything CE as well) but after quite a few runs my setup and the merc's had improved drastically. We're pretty safe/quick to finish runs now. I think I will run 86-90 @ P8 and then push to LK.

Stats starting AT:

Stats currently:

Progress Update

Code:
Name          (C)            SC/HC    Class  Level/exp   Extended Stash  #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths  # of Hours
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy      Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal        Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist      Izuna           SC      Sin       99             No         5109        470            4         360
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       99             Yes           -        475           11           -
Neksja        Aura            SC      Paladin   98.50          Yes        8606        464            -           -
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98.25          Yes        2190+?      477           13         270?
PhineasB      Hiatus          SC      Sorc      98.25          Yes           -        457           21           -
hasuprotoss   Reina           SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1751        384            -           -
Tarantella    Tarasha         HC      Sorc      96             Yes           -          -            -           -
Grim          Furious_Blonde  SC      Ama       96             Yes           -          -            -           -
XyleneCyanol  Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
ThomasJohnsen xInTheBuffx     HC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
darkstarhub   Neptune         SC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      94             Yes           -        274           12           -
Reyz          Qty             SC      Sorc      93             No            -          -            -           -
ffs           HelpYourself    SC      Sorc      92             Yes           -          -          many          ?
Chaostar      Prairie         SC      Sorc      91             Yes         659        261           12         126
OldSoldier    Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
tokerdin      tokeress        SC      Sorc      91             yes           -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Ayura           SC      Barb      91             No            -          -            -           -
Southpaw      Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt        CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           ?          -        Dont want to know
MercMan       Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2  Classified
Me2Nik        Fugu            HC      Ama       90             Yes          80
Yng           Kyrie           HC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Lynchgrinch   Tattersail      SC      Sorc      89             Yes           ?        321         too many    lots
LiquidClear   Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage   zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
Neksja        Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
Gladstone     Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Gnosis          SC      Druid     86             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     86             No          115         94           19         idk
Yng           Sophie          SC      Sorc      86             Yes           -          -            5           -
Naturallog    Athos           HC      Barb      84             No          159        105            0           -
Lord Molyb    Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       83             No           28         25            0         idk
Qwernt        AmaAgainstAll   SC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit        Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Lord Molyb    But_Why         SC      Sin       81             Never        55         51           53
Jean Avila    SpeedAdict      SC      Ama       77             No            -          -            -          50
logo          Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
TwentyMule    Rayne           SC      Sorc      76             Yes         195        140            ?           ?
Gripphon      Ryu             SC      Sorc      76             Yes           -          -         over 9k       13
Darke Rahl    Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0
Vildecor      Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
ioupainmax    Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Kitteh        Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU           Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit        Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer       Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin    Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
hackedagainanda Hugo          HC      Barb      16             Yes           -          -            -           -
The Fallen
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Pb_pal      Stevesy         HC      Paladin   76             Yes           -          -            0           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

NanoMist

Diabloii.Net Member
Easier said than done in a situation where you have to find it with one specific character while having tons of other stuff on your to do list. :) So at least three 99er runners here made Infinity in a CV, all of them fully aware of the difference faster bases make (or rather lack thereof IMO, given the purpose of this runeword). I believe @NanoMist (or someone else that finished 99, can't remember atm) even sacrificed a socket quest to make it in a CV, which is actually a huge deal when playing untwinked. That's because imo getting back to making progress is just proper prioritization over a negligible downside. Even for my untwinked chars I made it in a CV first for the lack of better base at the time (had just started using GoMule), and when I had spare runes for a second Infinity, I made it in an eth Scythe for gearing experiments instead of Thresher/GS since it still didn't seem worth it to me to improve on the Merc one.

EDIT: Just as a final note, I got curious an checked my main stash to see how many suitable eth/socketed Threshers or Giant Threshers I have collected over the last ~18 months: One eth 4os Thresher, as for 0os ones that could be rolled for sockets there are four eth Threshers and one eth Giant Thresher. That’s not a lot considering I did a lot of running in this period and with highly optimized characters, including countless cows killed in RFL. ;) Granted however, if you really want it and look for a stable rack for these bases it’s definitely doable though. But can’t think of any more annoying and frustrating activity, took me about 4 hours to find the CV rack and even that I consider rather lucky. :)

@Yng don't worry noone is offended :) I just wanted to explain the reasoning and emphasize that the differences are really small.

@Arranj sorry about that RIP , but of course welcome here, may the drops come! You won't regret joining it's a very fun competition. :)
Yes, I was the one that socketed a plain Eth CV. After 15-20 hours of P8 Pits and a couple of failed socket recipes, I decided to just go to Larzuk instead of going for the 50% chance of a 4 socket CV with the cube. It turned out fine in the end, since I only needed 2 more socket quests for the Shako and Andariel's.

Interesting, my 2nd Infinity after the Eth CV was also in a Scythe! But it was for my nova cow runner in the RFL.

Trapin'

Diabloii.Net Member
I decided to start a casual 99 run with a bowazon! I was inspired reading this thread (still only on page 20) and another one by Zoo to find a Windforce.
I think both ventures would be a lot of fun to take a crack at. Reading this thread, I found the journey to be interesting and fun to follow along, so I hope it will be just as fun to take part in! It will be SC and no use of any kind of program, just standard LoD. So it will be tough to balance stuff in the tiny stash :eek: but I think it's part of the challenge!

It's going to be a slow and steady climb for sure. Patience is a virtue in Diablo 2 :rolleyes:

So meet WorrA :cool:

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
@Arranj Cool, welcome to the fun !!! But condolences on the loss :(. Btw, no full rejuvs ... in HC nonetheless? Call me very surprised ...

@Trapin' Welcome, this thread keeps on going, so nice !!!

Good luck to both of you (and the rest of course).

Arranj

Diabloii.Net Member
@Arranj Cool, welcome to the fun !!! But condolences on the loss :(. Btw, no full rejuvs ... in HC nonetheless? Call me very surprised ...
Yes i thought someone may pick up on that ^^

I never had a single NDE with that character. With attract, clay golem, bone prison and a 900 strong bone armor i was never even threatened. Just 100% sloppy play on my part took me out. I suppose really, the fact that the character was so safe made me sloppy, like not having full rejuvs for instance :rolleyes:

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
So what’s next? I think HelpYourself is making good progress, but is not quite ready yet to transition to pure XP grinding. She will continue running LK for now, looking for runes for (1) CtA, in order to improve on her +3 BO one, (2) CoH for herself and (3) either CoH or Fortitude for Merc.
Well, I did just that over the last couple of days for some ~15+ hours altogether. After way above average rune drops in the past, she cooled off considerably and started pretty much the first half of this stretch with a massive drought of nothing above Pul. While it was super frustrating I figured she lucked enough previously though, also I’m a proud and determined LK runner :) so I just kept going and a few good things happened afterwards, for example:

1_Sur_s.jpg

1_Ohm_s.jpg

1_Ber_s.jpg
First time I saw anything above Vex drop from a poppable, and what a goody!

Of course eventually there were more runes that dropped but I didn't take screenshots from, including another two Ohms, Vex, Gul and a few Pul-Mal.

Which led to:

CoH in 13% ed Scarab Husk
1_CoH.png

Eth bugged Scarab Husk Fortitude for Merc -- after cubing two Ohms and running countess for way too long until she finally dropped an El rune. :) Perfect @ roll, too, though any would have been good enough of course.
1_Forti.png

However, considerably less lucky with this CtA fail :(
1_CtA fail.png
Will try again with next Ohm, just wanted to get that ebug Fortitude out of the way first.

The GC front was interesting as well. I found/cubed a lot of skillers in this stretch (I think in the 10-12 region but not sure exactly), including two Barb ones with life (War Cries and Combat), also two Sorc Fire ones, but unfortunately only one plain Lightning skiller. Better than nothing I guess. I also got a few other keepers, among them a [email protected]/19 life GC. Now I cannot see LK anymore at the moment :) so she will try just picking gems and rolling GCs for now in hopes of getting more skillers.

But she's got all the key pieces now so I think she ready to slowly transition to XP grinding! Now the real fun begins I guess. :) For now I’ll start with testing/comparing her performance in different lvl85 areas. Unfortunately there is a lot of work coming my way so she will probably see considerably less play time next week. Will try to at least push her a little bit before and during MFO!

Yng

Diabloii.Net Member
Progressed to LK to try to finish up a few more things (namely CtA and HotO).
I finally got a Monarch to roll 4 sockets (and a second one not 10 minutes after). I've burned like 10-15 sets of Spirit runes and rolled 34 FCR 5 times..

Could roll HotO at this point but GoMule deciding to launch whenever it wants to and it hasn't been working today which has really bummed me out being a lot of my stuff is not in the character's stash but being stored through the program. Going to try downloading the older version of java to see if that works, still puzzled AF why it would work with the updated version sometimes and then sporadically stop working..

E: No luck, really considering just going back to how I was before (RWM only and just the stash for storage). As of right now I can't access my Ohm, Vex, Sur, and much more. :(

E2: I managed to get it working with an older version of Java as was suggested in the help thread (was not easy, had to try 3 different versions and it's still iffy). Moved my HRs into my stash where they will stay permanently lol.

Anyway, here's some finds after 1k or so runs:
Map:

Changed some binds around sometime before this point:

Was getting close to leveling so did a few P8 AT:

Last edited:

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Levelled HelpYourself to 94 doing CS seal runs, which I quickly learned does require some effort to do efficiently with Lightning as opposed to Blizzard. It feels considerably less efficient actually, due to the importance of positioning for Lightning and not dealing damage while doing so. It's really packed often with other boss packs at the seals which is not necessarily bad but slows runs down, not sure whether it's good or bad in terms of XP gain. Other times mobs are quickly lined up nicely though and go down quickly, so I'm not too sure if there is a better way, but have yet to compare XP/h with Baal waves and other lvl85 areas.

Regarding gear she also spent some more time in LK to improve on that +3 BO CtA, with these results:

Second time +1 BO
2_CtA fail again.png

Aaaaand second time +3
2_4th CtA try 3 BO again.png

The latter being the fourth CtA she has made, I'm kinda sick of trying to get something better than +3 BO :) basically, if I get the runes I will try and roll it again, but she will no longer run LK for it as she has acquired everything else and at it doesn't seem worthwhile going forward. She even has 3 spare Surs at the moment, after two more dropped:

2_another-Sur.jpg

2_Sur again.png

Not sure what I will do with them tbh. If another Sur/Ber drops and if I ever find a better Infinity base maybe I might replace the Infinity CV the Merc is currently using, which would mean instead of an IAS jewel I could socket a Ral in his And'sy without losing an IAS breakpoint (she has yet to find a IAS/FR jewel, if ever). I could also go with an eth bugged CoH for Merc, which might help his survivability in those CS runs, but I generally prefer the ebug Forti variant he is already using. We'll see. Other than that, she finally got a second skiller from rolling GCs during LK runs and found a Dwarf Star she currently uses in CS runs. Apart from extra skillers, second ring remains the one slot that I'd really like to improve with SoJ or at least BK. I actually do Andy runs from time to time for change of Pace in between CS runs, in hopes of finding one, but no luck so far. She also got a couple nice SCs.

The biggest find however was a 5/5 lightning facet - in her stash lol. She found that months ago when I thought I'd go Blizzard all the way, but by the time I switched to Lightning I actually forgot about it until yesterday. Another facet dropped (5/4 fire), dropped it in GoMule and had this "wait a minute..." moment. :) Anyway, of course that Um in the Griffon's got kicked out immediately:

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 11.40.18.png

I'm actually very happy with her stats and gear at this point and will no longer focus on upgrading it. So from now on 95% of her playtime will be grindig XP. GoMule dump with current gear and stats:

Name: HelpYourself
Class: Sorceress
Experience: 2286834896
Level: 94

Naked/Gear
Strength: 136/156
Dexterity: 25/25
Vitality: 349/371
Energy: 35/35
HP: 871/1314
Mana: 221/435
Stamina: 506/746
Defense: 6/1565
AR: 75/75

Fire: 175/135/75
Cold: 165/125/65
Lightning: 179/139/79
Poison: 144/104/44

MF: 73 Block: 2
GF: 209
FR/W: 40
FHR: 60
IAS: 20
FCR: 118

Fire Bolt: 0/0
Warmth: 1/10
Inferno: 0/0
Blaze: 0/0
Fire Ball: 0/0
Fire Wall: 0/0
Enchant: 0/0
Meteor: 0/0
Fire Mastery: 0/0
Hydra: 0/0

Charged Bolt: 20/30
Static Field: 1/11
Telekinesis: 1/11
Nova: 20/30
Lightning: 20/30
Chain Lightning: 20/30
Teleport: 1/11
Thunder Storm: 0/0
Energy Shield: 0/0
Lightning Mastery: 20/30

Ice Bolt: 0/0
Frozen Armor: 1/9
Frost Nova: 0/0
Ice Blast: 0/0
Shiver Armor: 0/0
Glacial Spike: 0/0
Blizzard: 0/0
Chilling Armor: 0/0
Frozen Orb: 0/0
Cold Mastery: 0/0

Serpent's Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x92ef7816
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+14 to Life
+14 to Mana

Lapis Small Charm of Sustenance
Small Charm
Required Level: 17
Fingerprint: 0x8739d735
+13 to Life
Cold Resist +6%

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Required Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x53d702d7
+20 to Life

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x2f6e1088
+20 to Life

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x2db35f6b
+20 to Life

Garnet Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7936e154
+18 to Life
Fire Resist +8%

Lapis Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x29f76d2f
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +7%

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x30d7941f
+20 to Life

Fiery Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x63d43039
Adds 1 - 3 Fire Damage
+20 to Life

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8647b4cc
+20 to Life

Sparking Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x3961300
Item Level: 94
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)

Lizard's Grand Charm of Vita
Grand Charm
Required Level: 69
Fingerprint: 0x3329b637
+38 to Life
+12 to Mana

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0x89a95b74
109% Extra Gold from Monsters
Reduces all Vendor Prices 10%
38% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Tome of Town Portal
Fingerprint: 0xc7886aec
Item Level: 98

Cobalt Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Required Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0x38481627
Cold Resist +8%
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Amber Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x3a01c108
+20 to Life
Lightning Resist +11%

Ruby Small Charm of Fortune
Small Charm
Required Level: 32
Fingerprint: 0x553579ab
Fire Resist +11%
5% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Nagelring
Ring
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0x3b7b8aea
Item Level: 55
+56 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Serpent's Grand Charm of Sustenance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 53
Fingerprint: 0xbb3b35da
+34 to Life
+42 to Mana

Sparking Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x87c9ac3c
+1 to Lightning Skills (Sorceress Only)

Amber Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0xe8a07e63
Item Level: 86
+19 to Life
Lightning Resist +10%

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x29ebd64a
Item Level: **
+20 to Life

Small Charm of Vita
Small Charm
Fingerprint: 0x8f64cc4b
+19 to Life

Serpent's Small Charm of Life
Small Charm
Required Level: 40
Fingerprint: 0x4e0de258
+10 to Life
+13 to Mana

Steel Grand Charm
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x82048c63
+90 to Attack Rating

Ral Rune
Required Level: 19
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Griffon's Eye
Diadem
Defense: 212
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x49c6528b
100% Chance to cast level 47 Chain Lightning when you Die
+1 to All Skills
+25% Faster Cast Rate
Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage
-24% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+20% to Lightning Skill Damage
+160 Defense
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Rainbow Facet

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x472bcd23
Item Level: 87
100% Chance to cast level 47 Chain Lightning when you Die
Adds 1 - 74 Lightning Damage
-5% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+5% to Lightning Skill Damage

Raven Wing
Amulet
Required Level: 89
Fingerprint: 0x5df29f35
Item Level: 90
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+9% Faster Cast Rate
8% Mana stolen per hit
+12 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 4%
+20 Maximum Stamina
All Resistances +10

Stone Gyre
Ring
Required Level: 43
Fingerprint: 0x83446a4f
Item Level: 71
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+28 to Life
+18 to Mana
All Resistances +4
Lightning Resist +14%
Damage Reduced by 1

Dwarf Star
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x1a534957
+40 to Life
+40 Maximum Stamina
Heal Stamina Plus 15%
Fire Absorb 15%
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
100% Extra Gold from Monsters

Arachnid Mesh
Spiderweb Sash
Defense: 124
Durability: 12 of 12
Required Level: 80
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x1eba483d
Item Level: 87
+1 to All Skills
+20% Faster Cast Rate
Slows Target by 10%
+97% Enhanced Defense
Increase Maximum Mana 5%
Level 3 Venom (11/11 Charges)

Aldur's Advance
Battle Boots
Defense: 46
Durability: 16 of 18
Required Level: 45
Required Strength: 95
Fingerprint: 0x5a8a029a
Indestructible
+40% Faster Run/Walk
+50 to Life
+180 Maximum Stamina
Heal Stamina Plus 32%
Fire Resist +47%
10% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
Set (2 items): +15 to Dexterity
Set (3 items): +15 to Dexterity
Set (4 items): +15 to Dexterity

Magefist
Light Gauntlets
Defense: 25
Durability: 18 of 18
Required Level: 23
Required Strength: 45
Fingerprint: 0x52e56038
+1 to Fire Skills
+20% Faster Cast Rate
Adds 1 - 6 Fire Damage
+28% Enhanced Defense
+10 Defense
Regenerate Mana 25%

Tome of Identify
Fingerprint: 0xcd9de07
Item Level: 9

Chains of Honor
Superior Scarab Husk
DolUmBerIst
Defense: 869
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 95
Fingerprint: 0xa3e946d5
Item Level: 84
+2 to All Skills
+200% Damage to Demons
+100% Damage to Undead
8% Life stolen per hit
+83% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +65
Damage Reduced by 8%
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Um Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune

Dol Rune
Required Level: 31
Weapons: Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
Armor: Replenish Life +7
Shields: Replenish Life +7

Um Rune
Required Level: 47
Weapons: 25% Chance of Open Wounds
Armor: Cold Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Shields: Cold Resist +22%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Ber Rune
Weapons: 20% Chance of Crushing Blow
Armor: Damage Reduced by 8%
Shields: Damage Reduced by 8%

Ist Rune
Required Level: 51
Weapons: 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Armor: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: 25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Flawless Skull
Required Level: 15
Weapons: 3% Mana stolen per hit
3% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Replenish Life +4
Regenerate Mana 12%
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 16

Flawless Emerald
Weapons: Adds 60 Poison Damage Over 6 Secs (152 Frames)
Armor: +8 to Dexterity
Shields: Poison Resist +28%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 35%
Replenishes Health 35%

Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 35%
Replenishes Health 35%

Flawless Sapphire
Weapons: Adds 6 - 10 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (60 Frames)
Armor: +31 to Mana
Shields: Cold Resist +28%

Flawless Topaz
Weapons: Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage
Armor: 20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: Lightning Resist +28%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 35%
Replenishes Health 35%

Horadric Cube
Fingerprint: 0x16dcbb7
Item Level: 13

Flawless Amethyst
Weapons: +100 to Attack Rating
Armor: +8 to Strength
Shields: +24 Defense

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Full Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 100%
Replenishes Health 100%

Rejuvenation Potion
Replenishes Mana 35%
Replenishes Health 35%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Super Mana Potion
Replenishes Mana 250%

Call to Arms
War Scepter
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 39 - 66
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0xe759edba
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
290% Enhanced Damage
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+1 to Salvation (Paladin Only)
+6 to Battle Command
+3 to Battle Orders
+2 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune

Amn Rune
Required Level: 25
Weapons: 7% Life stolen per hit
Armor: Attacker Takes Damage of 14
Shields: Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Ral Rune
Required Level: 19
Weapons: Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
Armor: Fire Resist +30%
Shields: Fire Resist +35%

Mal Rune
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Ist Rune

Ohm Rune
Required Level: 57
Weapons: Enhanced Maximum Damage
Armor: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Cold Resist

Spirit
Monarch
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 138
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 86 of 86
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 156
Fingerprint: 0xd284b43b
Item Level: 82
+2 to All Skills
+26% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+110 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+6 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune

Tal Rune
Weapons: Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
Armor: Poison Resist +30%
Shields: Poison Resist +35%

Thul Rune
Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: Cold Resist +30%
Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Ort Rune
Required Level: 21
Weapons: Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Armor: Lightning Resist +30%
Shields: Lightning Resist +35%

Amn Rune

Crescent Moon
Crystal Sword
ShaelUmTir
One Hand Damage: 20 - 64
Durability: 11 of 11
Required Strength: 33
Fingerprint: 0xd4c479d
Item Level: 81
10% Chance to cast level 17 Chain Lightning on striking
7% Chance to cast level 13 Static Field on striking
+20% Increased Attack Speed
192% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
-35% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+9 Magic Absorb
+2 to Mana after each Kill
Level 18 Summon Spirit Wolf (30/30 Charges)
Ethereal
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune
Socketed: Um Rune
Socketed: Tir Rune

Shael Rune
Weapons: +20% Increased Attack Speed
Armor: +20% Faster Hit Recovery
Shields: +20% Faster Block Rate

Um Rune
Weapons: 25% Chance of Open Wounds
Armor: Cold Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +15%
Fire Resist +15%
Poison Resist +15%
Shields: Cold Resist +22%
Lightning Resist +22%
Fire Resist +22%
Poison Resist +22%

Tir Rune
Required Level: 13
Weapons: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Armor: +2 to Mana after each Kill
Shields: +2 to Mana after each Kill

Spirit
Monarch
TalThulOrtAmn
Defense: 145
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 86 of 86
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 156
Fingerprint: 0x24d16ecc
Item Level: 85
+2 to All Skills
+34% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+103 to Mana
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
+6 Magic Absorb
Attacker Takes Damage of 14
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune

Tal Rune
Weapons: Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
Armor: Poison Resist +30%
Shields: Poison Resist +35%

Thul Rune
Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: Cold Resist +30%
Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Ort Rune
Required Level: 21
Weapons: Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Armor: Lightning Resist +30%
Shields: Lightning Resist +35%

Amn Rune

Mercenary:

Name: Fazel
Race: Desert Mercenary
Type: Def-Nightmare
Experience: 98043946
Level: 93
Dead?: false

Naked/Gear
Strength: 200/229
Dexterity: 162/162
HP: 2087/2192
Defense: 1529/4985
AR: 2009/2009

Fire: 157/117/57
Cold: 187/147/87
Lightning: 187/147/87
Poison: 257/217/157

Fortitude
Scarab Husk
ElSolDolLo
Defense: 3123
Durability: 15 of 15
Required Level: 59
Required Strength: 85
Fingerprint: 0x91945fcb
Item Level: 81
20% Chance to cast level 15 Chilling Armor when struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+105 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Replenish Life +7
+5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
All Resistances +30
Damage Reduced by 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 to Light Radius
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: El Rune
Socketed: Sol Rune
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Lo Rune

El Rune
Required Level: 11
Weapons: +50 to Attack Rating
+1 to Light Radius
Armor: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius
Shields: +15 Defense
+1 to Light Radius

Sol Rune
Required Level: 27
Weapons: +9 to Minimum Damage
Armor: Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Damage Reduced by 7

Dol Rune
Required Level: 31
Weapons: Hit Causes Monster to Flee 25%
Armor: Replenish Life +7
Shields: Replenish Life +7

Lo Rune
Required Level: 59
Weapons: 20% Deadly Strike
Armor: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist
Shields: +5% to Maximum Lightning Resist

Andariel's Visage
Demonhead
Defense: 333
Durability: 10 of 20
Required Level: 83
Required Strength: 102
Fingerprint: 0x50dd6834
15% Chance to cast level 15 Poison Nova when struck
+2 to All Skills
+20% Increased Attack Speed
10% Life stolen per hit
+115% Enhanced Defense
+29 to Strength
+10% to Maximum Poison Resist
Fire Resist -30%
Poison Resist +70%
Level 3 Venom (9/20 Charges)

Infinity
Colossus Voulge
BerMalBerIst
Two Hand Damage: 89 - 886
Durability: 26 of 26
Required Strength: 200
Required Dexterity: 45
Fingerprint: 0xe32c84d8
50% Chance to cast level 20 Chain Lightning when you Kill an Enemy
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Run/Walk
259% Enhanced Damage
-47% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Prevent Monster Heal
+47 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30/30 Charges)
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Mal Rune

Ber Rune

Mal Rune
Weapons: Prevent Monster Heal
Armor: Magic Damage Reduced by 7
Shields: Magic Damage Reduced by 7

Ber Rune

Ist Rune

Progress Update

Code:
Name          (C)            SC/HC    Class  Level/exp   Extended Stash  #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths  # of Hours
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy      Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal        Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist      Izuna           SC      Sin       99             No         5109        470            4         360
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       99             Yes           -        475           11           -
Neksja        Aura            SC      Paladin   98.50          Yes        8606        464            -           -
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98.25          Yes        2190+?      477           13         270?
PhineasB      Hiatus          SC      Sorc      98.25          Yes           -        457           21           -
hasuprotoss   Reina           SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1751        384            -           -
Tarantella    Tarasha         HC      Sorc      96             Yes           -          -            -           -
Grim          Furious_Blonde  SC      Ama       96             Yes           -          -            -           -
XyleneCyanol  Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
ThomasJohnsen xInTheBuffx     HC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
darkstarhub   Neptune         SC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      94             Yes           -        274           12           -
ffs           HelpYourself    SC      Sorc      94             Yes           -          -          many          ?
Reyz          Qty             SC      Sorc      93             No            -          -            -           -
Chaostar      Prairie         SC      Sorc      91             Yes         659        261           12         126
OldSoldier    Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
tokerdin      tokeress        SC      Sorc      91             yes           -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Ayura           SC      Barb      91             No            -          -            -           -
Southpaw      Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt        CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           ?          -        Dont want to know
MercMan       Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2  Classified
Yng           Kyrie           HC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Lynchgrinch   Tattersail      SC      Sorc      89             Yes           ?        321         too many    lots
LiquidClear   Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage   zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
Neksja        Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
Gladstone     Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Gnosis          SC      Druid     86             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     86             No          115         94           19         idk
Yng           Sophie          SC      Sorc      86             Yes           -          -            5           -
Naturallog    Athos           HC      Barb      84             No          159        105            0           -
Lord Molyb    Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       83             No           28         25            0         idk
Qwernt        AmaAgainstAll   SC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit        Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Lord Molyb    But_Why         SC      Sin       81             Never        55         51           53
Jean Avila    SpeedAdict      SC      Ama       77             No            -          -            -          50
logo          Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
TwentyMule    Rayne           SC      Sorc      76             Yes         195        140            ?           ?
Gripphon      Ryu             SC      Sorc      76             Yes           -          -         over 9k       13
Darke Rahl    Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0
Vildecor      Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
ioupainmax    Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Kitteh        Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU           Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit        Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer       Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin    Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
hackedagainanda Hugo          HC      Barb      16             Yes           -          -            -           -
The Fallen
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Pb_pal      Stevesy         HC      Paladin   76             Yes           -          -            0           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

Last edited:

NamelessPenguin

Diabloii.Net Member
@Trapin' Cool! Would really like to see a bowazon make 99. I thought about making one, but I couldn't really figure out where I could run with her. Have you made any thoughts?

Btw; I think making a Faith bow will be easier than finding WF, as those are very hard to come by. Faith also does more damage (they say..) But IMO is WF more stylish :cool: Maybe WF + Faith merc could be viable. Very interested in this build, good luck, sir!

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
@Trapin' Cool! Would really like to see a bowazon make 99. I thought about making one, but I couldn't really figure out where I could run with her. Have you made any thoughts?

Btw; I think making a Faith bow will be easier than finding WF, as those are very hard to come by. Faith also does more damage (they say..) But IMO is WF more stylish :cool: Maybe WF + Faith merc could be viable. Very interested in this build, good luck, sir!
Bottom line is WF + Faith Merc is highest damage setup and allowing 7 fpa Multi while using Razortail (and LoH without losing knockback). Also Faith only comes close to this with Pride/Might Merc and plenty damage charms. But that doesn't mean Faith setups are inferior, they have a lot of advantages (though personally I prefer the WF + Faith Merc setup, it is more stylish indeed :)). Overall this has always been a highly debated a very complicated issue with a lot of nuances and personal preferences.

Anyway I totally agree: Untwinked you should definitely shoot for Faith rather than counting on finding WF. ;)

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Chaos Sanctuary is good for bowazons.

Kaylin has entered the competition as a furyzon, just about begin act 2 :)

Progress Update

Code:
ffs           HelpYourself    SC      Sorc      94             Yes           -          -          many          ?
Kitteh        Kaylin          SC      Ama       19             Yes           -          -            0           -  
The Fallen
Code:
[/QUOTE]

NamelessPenguin

Diabloii.Net Member
Bottom line is WF + Faith Merc is highest damage setup and allowing 7 fpa Multi while using Razortail (and LoH without losing knockback). Also Faith only comes close to this with Pride/Might Merc and plenty damage charms. But that doesn't mean Faith setups are inferior, they have a lot of advantages (though personally I prefer the WF + Faith Merc setup, it is more stylish indeed :)). Overall this has always been a highly debated a very complicated issue with a lot of nuances and personal preferences.

Anyway I totally agree: Untwinked you should definitely shoot for Faith rather than counting on finding WF. ;)
Come to think of it, Faith + Reapers/Might merc could work too, as bowa will be doing +50% more damage a lot of the time. With Pride merc, he's basically just a walking aura (or two).

As for P8 CS running, I think that could be tough for a bowazon. I'm testing CS with my dual Grief (+355 and +376 dmg) WW Enigma barb, and even though It's not completely impossible, It's not by any means fast. 90 sec runs on average P8 Vizier + Infector (no stopping for boss packs) runs, but that's not with all of the end game gear, though.

What is a reasonable CS P8 Viz + Infect time?

Yng

Diabloii.Net Member
Come to think of it, Faith + Reapers/Might merc could work too, as bowa will be doing +50% more damage a lot of the time. With Pride merc, he's basically just a walking aura (or two).

As for P8 CS running, I think that could be tough for a bowazon. I'm testing CS with my dual Grief (+355 and +376 dmg) WW Enigma barb, and even though It's not completely impossible, It's not by any means fast. 90 sec runs on average P8 Vizier + Infector (no stopping for boss packs) runs, but that's not with all of the end game gear, though.

What is a reasonable CS P8 Viz + Infect time?
IIRC it's more efficient to skip most everything besides Vizier/Infector at a certain clvl, so just Howling off everything else and C/Ting the first part of the route can help with run time a lot. Prior to that you can apply the same concept to packs, just Howl off everything and kill only the unique /champs.