The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

Crazy Runner Guy

Diabloii.Net Member
@Crazy Runner Guy
I know this is going back a bit, but I've been occupied haha Please don't repair with Ral. For somebody who saves for crafting amulets, it is SO SO terribly painful :p You cruel person...[/QUOTE]
I also save them for crafting and have ~180ish of them in my stashes. And repairing something like that is rare. I went from putting the AP Fort on at clvl 63 through clvl 87 and pat'ing @ /p8 my 2H Charger and only had to use a Ral once during pvm, and then perhaps once after he was retired and the armor was put back on my WW barb and then only after several Baal runs. You're going to find plenty of Rals in that time to repair them. Now using Orts to repair expensive weapons (Grief/Beast BA's, e.g.) is another thing. Durability there is a problem.

The problem for me is accumulating the appropriate pgems for crafting since the majority of my play right now is Nihl, and I don't pick up flawlesses during those runs - no issue with the runes upon which the main crafts rely.

Pringlesman

Diabloii.Net Member
@Pringlesman
I was actually thinking that if I reenter this it would also be as a borazon possibly, so maybe we could go for it and provide each other with some competition, plus also learn from each others experiences? Could be fun! My current plan is to go Act 2 merc with reapers and run Baal, mostly because Fordyl ran CS and the extra safety of decrep plus another tank is appealing, plus might :p Attack speed though...
Go for it man. Angelin the Bowazon is always welcome to have some company. Currently I'm in act 5 nightmare running baal trying to get a LoH, Witchwild String, and a second Tal's Mask for my mercenary. I was lucky enough to get a 19 dex Ravens within a day of baaling. Found a Guillame's today but I don't have the strength to currently equip. I switch between using a harmony and a Goldstrike Arch. I have a pul and I could hunt down a Lum to upgrade it but I really don't have the strength for a Hydra Bow right now.

I'm currently posting my progress on D2jsp, would be kosher to post a link directly to my walkthrough over there?

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
I think that linking to that website is against the forum rules (possibly mentioning it too), best to check :p

That is some nice luck though! I always had a soft spot for Lycander's, even though it is pretty terrible, I just like it haha

Reactions: ffs

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Really busy work schedule the last two weeks has meant limited time for playing or even writing up limited progress. But I ended going back to LK with Phaedrus during that time, completing another 250 runes found, for a total of 1100 runes found from LK so far. His luck didn’t change :(

He found Mal #3 during the first 50 runes, with Lem, Ko and Lem the highest for the next three sets of 50 runes, followed by Mal #4 in the last 50 runes. No other major finds, although he did upgrade with a couple plain 6% and 7% MF SCs for use in RoF or CS runs down the road (still without Shako or Arachnid’s). He also had a major let down, finding a 7 FRW Combat skiller, getting really excited, and then seeing “Barbarian.” :rolleyes:

These 250 runes were found in 621 runs (based on 1 teleport charge per run). So around 2750 LK runs in with Phaedrus, and still 5 Surs short of Enigma. By this point (1103 runes found from LK), Mercy had netted the equivalent of 2 Bers and a Sur from LK (Jah and Sur from Pit runs left her one Sur short of Enigma, which she got from LK, but she also had Infinity, which meant 2 Ber equivalents from LK). So I’m guessing these two characters represent different ends of the spectrum of expected returns based on random variance.

But at least all the Mals allowed some cubing to deliver this disappointment:
CtA.jpg
:mad: He is probably going to gain a level on RoF and CS runs, even if it’s not efficient, which will allow some caster ammy rolls and maybe some item upgrades along the way.

Hiatus also got a little time on Gripphon runs (hitting Diablo if there is an XP shrine in CS), now showing a couple pixels on XP bar, just short of 10M into level 97. She donned a 13% cold damage Ormus, which allowed swapping out a FCR ring for the second Stone of Jordan. The loss of resists from CoH also meant some charm shuffling, but she has about 2300 life with BO.

She’s been rerolling CS maps looking for one with a couple bosses spawning near the seals. No luck so far, but she’ll slowly chip away with 10-20 minute play sessions as a break from the World Stone King Tourney.

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't mean to complain, but Phaedrus would have preferred a Jah :rolleyes::
RoF (Cham).jpg
He's slowly plugging his way to level 93 with short RoF runs (just to the Forge, where he always gets at least two boss packs along the way, sometimes three) and Pits. Still 5 Surs away from Enigma.

Edit: And he would have definitely preferred a Shako:
RoF (Corona).jpg

Last edited:

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Phaedrus hit 93, without any major drops for the level to aid his end-game gear. Cham and Set Corona were posted earlier, with the remaining significant finds being a Fleshripper (low roll), [email protected] Shimmering GC that he’ll never use, and a Golden Diadem (lowest possible -eLR roll and second lowest +lighting damage, but at least defense was one off perfect!). Highest rune after the Cham was a Fal :(.

It’s going to be back to LK in search of runes, probably another 500 rune set, with some caster ammy rolling mixed in along the way to break things up.

Progress Update
Code:
Name          (C)            SC/HC    Class  Level/exp   Extended Stash  #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths  # of Hours
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy      Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal        Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist      Izuna           SC      Sin       99             No         5109        470            4         360
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       99             Yes           -        475           11           -
Neksja        Aura            SC      Paladin   98.50          Yes        8606        464            -           -
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98.17          Yes        2190+?      475           13         270?
hasuprotoss   Reina           SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1751        384            -           -
PhineasB      Hiatus          SC      Sorc      97             Yes           -        394           19           -
Tarantella    Tarasha         HC      Sorc      96             Yes           -          -            -           -
XyleneCyanol  Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
ThomasJohnsen xInTheBuffx     HC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
darkstarhub   Neptune         SC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
Grim          Furious_Blonde  SC      Ama       94             Yes           -          -            -           -
Reyz          Qty             SC      Sorc      93             No            -          -            -           -
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      93             Yes           -        264           12           -
Chaostar      Prairie         SC      Sorc      91             Yes         659        261           12         126
OldSoldier    Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
tokerdin      tokeress        SC      Sorc      91             yes           -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Ayura           SC      Barb      91             No            -          -            -           -
Southpaw      Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt        CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           ?          -        Dont want to know
MercMan       Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2  Classified
Me2Nik        Fugu            HC      Ama       90             Yes          80
Lynchgrinch   Tattersail      SC      Sorc      89             Yes           ?        321         too many    lots
LiquidClear   Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage   zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
ffs           HelpYourself    SC      Sorc      **             No            -          -          many          ?
Neksja        Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
Gladstone     Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Gnosis          SC      Druid     86             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     86             No          115         94           19         idk
Naturallog    Athos           HC      Barb      84             No          159        105            0           -
Lord Molyb    Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       83             No           28         25            0         idk
Qwernt        AmaAgainstAll   SC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit        Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Lord Molyb    But_Why         SC      Sin       81             Never        55         51           53
Jean Avila    SpeedAdict      SC      Ama       77             No            -          -            -          50
logo          Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
TwentyMule    Rayne           SC      Sorc      76             Yes         195        140            ?           ?
Gripphon      Ryu             SC      Sorc      76             Yes           -          -         over 9k       13
Darke Rahl    Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0
Vildecor      Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
ioupainmax    Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Kitteh        Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU           Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit        Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer       Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin    Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
hackedagainanda Hugo          HC      Barb      16             Yes           -          -            -           -
The Fallen
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Pb_pal      Stevesy         HC      Paladin   76             Yes           -          -            0           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Phaedrus went back to LK, with very nice results. The poor rune luck from the WSK tourney was more than redressed, with 4 Surs falling in quick succession. :) He’s finished another 500-rune set, for 1600 runes found in LK total so far (~4000 runs total), and is now one Sur from Enigma. Summary of the drops:

1-50: Mal #5
51-100: Ko (highest)
101-150: Vex #2, Gul #4
151-200: Sur #2, Sur #3, Mal #6
201-250: Sur #4, Pul #4, Pul #5

A total of 651 runs for that set of 250 runes found. The Surs fell as runes 156, 184, and 214, within ~150 runs of each other. A warcries skiller with +5 dexterity was best skiller, with a few plain, and two nice SCs, an Amber of Vita (11/18) and Jade of Vita (11/20). The next 250 runes:

251-300: Sur #5, Um #2
301-350: Lem (highest)
351-400: Ko x2 (highest)
401-450: Lem x2 (highest)
451-500: Lum (highest)

A total of 641 runs for this set. There were a couple ruby jewels with + damage modifiers, an Acrobatic skiller with +1 max damage, and two +20 vita plain SCs. The Sur was rune 282, so 4 Surs within about 280 runs of each other, and some other solid drops mixed in! :cool:

He also burned through 100 pAmethysts for caster ammys, with nothing much to show for it. There was a 2/15 offensive aura amulet with [email protected] resists and +19 strength, but Mara’s is better for him for now and it’s hard to see that changing. Due to cubing along the way in LK, he also has more than 600 pgems (plus another 400 flawless) in the stash for GC rolling once he gets some Diablo charms. He may take a break to do some inefficient CS runs in the hopes of getting a few of those just to mix things up.

Last edited:

darkstarhub

Diabloii.Net Member
Solid finds @PhineasB. My luck has not been so good lately.

I am making solid progress towards 96. At this point it may be better for me to change things up a bit. The Ber I found that's collecting dust needs to go into a CoH, and stocking the inventory with skillers instead of MF and resist charms seems like a plan. I am convinced, despite what I have read, that the drop rates in 1.14 were changed. My style of playing is not getting the results I had in 1.13. There is always the possibility that RNG is just being fickle, but I am gonna find this RNG person and beat them with a stick if my drops don't get better.

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
A little quiet in this thread, so I’ll add an update. It’s actually a pretty big one for both active characters!

First, Hiatus is back running again, picking up >45M XP over the past week and a bit, to be a little past 97.2. She is in CS, mostly doing Gripphon runs, but hitting Diablo if there is an XP shrine. It’s a pretty good map, I think, with my preferred two straight arms layout and several bosses regularly spawning near Grand Vizier and in the room right outside Infector. She’s netting just under 100K XP per run on average.

I actually starting getting in a bad habit of also doing Diablo every so often when there was a CI boss near Grand Vizier's seal (for the extra drops), but realized how much slower the leveling would be and got more disciplined. She’s moving along pretty efficiently now.

Still no Arachnid’s :( A major improvement came when I realized the Merc could now wear the CoH after Hiatus donned the Ormus. :rolleyes: So he is now sporting that + Delirium, which makes a big difference. He was too squishy without life leech, so I hadn’t been comfortable using Delirium earlier.

Aside from that change, we did a little shuffling with belt (Verdungos), boots (Sandstorm), and charms (still only three cold skillers, with a Ruby GC with FHR and Shimmering GC of life; the rest are 19/20 vita SCs or resists). This has her ~2300 life with BO active, hitting 105% FCR breakpoint (115% actually), and hitting the 86% FHR break point, with everything except lightning resist maxed. MF took a major hit and is now just 113, but she is all about getting the level at this point (and hopefully runes!).

Finds haven’t been major, but nice nonetheless. Runes were Um #4, Um #5, Mal #4, Pul #3, Gul #3, Pul #4, and Ist. The items that warranted screen shots were Nat’s Mark, Torch of Iro, and Ghost Flame, with an Eth Cerebus Bite, and Eth Kelpie’s, the Sandstorm Treks she’s wearing (plus another later), and the set Colossus Sword.

Still hoping for Arachnid’s and another Sur or Ber (plus a 4os eth Thresher or Giant Thresher base) for Infinity. I’m planning to focus on her to reach 98, and my goal is 2M/weekday + 15M/weekend, for 25M/week, which will put her at 98 at the end of September, assuming no deaths :\

Based on the last stretch of leveling, I think that’s manageable relative to what I did with Mercy. It should actually be a little less than 30 min a day during the week, and then about 4 hours over the weekend.

Phaedrus got some time as a break from CS runs. He hadn’t actually completed the Nihl quests in any difficulty, so he did that, as I was planning on rerolling to LK map to get a better CS map to run at p1 in search of Diablo charms. As luck would have it, Hell Nihl dropped a charm :) So he burned through 100 or so pgems, ultimately rolling a Harpoonists with FHR that is now on a Spearazon questing through Hell.
Code:
Harpoonist's Grand Charm of Balance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x480102bb
Item Level: 95
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+12% Faster Hit Recovery
After that, he rolled LK maps, finding a decent one, and did 10 minutes here and there. In the first 25 runes, he got 2 Lems and +FRW Fungal skiller. And then #28:
LK (Ber).jpg
Well, 4 of the Surs got loaded up along with a +15% defense superior breast plate, and viola:
Enigma Makings.jpg
Enigma.jpg
So 1628 runes found in LK, and around 4075 total LK runs and he was now able to move with purpose! He still didn’t have a Shako or Arachnid’s (yes, it’s a theme :rolleyes:), so we decided to do some Meph runs. A couple rolls later, we had 7 teleports to the stairs, and the second run dropped this (on p3):
Meph (Sur).jpg
So Sur #5 from LK had a partner, which opened up CoH for the merc. After cubing 4 eth armors, we got one with 4os, and the merc had a new outfit.

He is also now in CS, with a decent little map, running p1 with p7 Diablo kills hoping for another GC or two to burn through the ~500 pgems he has left (and he'll go through the rest of the pAmmys and Rals he has for caster ammys). But no luck so far, as he’s around 1/5 of the way to 94.

I hope to see updates from others who are still grinding. But I will probably keep up weekly updates for a while. Cheers!

Progress Update
Code:
Name          (C)            SC/HC    Class  Level/exp   Extended Stash  #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths  # of Hours
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy      Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal        Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist      Izuna           SC      Sin       99             No         5109        470            4         360
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       99             Yes           -        475           11           -
Neksja        Aura            SC      Paladin   98.50          Yes        8606        464            -           -
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98.17          Yes        2190+?      475           13         270?
PhineasB      Hiatus          SC      Sorc      97.2           Yes           -        406           19           -
hasuprotoss   Reina           SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1751        384            -           -
Tarantella    Tarasha         HC      Sorc      96             Yes           -          -            -           -
XyleneCyanol  Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
ThomasJohnsen xInTheBuffx     HC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
darkstarhub   Neptune         SC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
Grim          Furious_Blonde  SC      Ama       94             Yes           -          -            -           -
Reyz          Qty             SC      Sorc      93             No            -          -            -           -
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      93             Yes           -        270           12           -
Chaostar      Prairie         SC      Sorc      91             Yes         659        261           12         126
OldSoldier    Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
tokerdin      tokeress        SC      Sorc      91             yes           -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Ayura           SC      Barb      91             No            -          -            -           -
Southpaw      Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt        CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           ?          -        Dont want to know
MercMan       Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2  Classified
Lynchgrinch   Tattersail      SC      Sorc      89             Yes           ?        321         too many    lots
LiquidClear   Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage   zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
ffs           HelpYourself    SC      Sorc      **             No            -          -          many          ?
Neksja        Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
Gladstone     Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Gnosis          SC      Druid     86             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     86             No          115         94           19         idk
Naturallog    Athos           HC      Barb      84             No          159        105            0           -
Lord Molyb    Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       83             No           28         25            0         idk
Qwernt        AmaAgainstAll   SC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit        Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Lord Molyb    But_Why         SC      Sin       81             Never        55         51           53
Jean Avila    SpeedAdict      SC      Ama       77             No            -          -            -          50
logo          Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
TwentyMule    Rayne           SC      Sorc      76             Yes         195        140            ?           ?
Gripphon      Ryu             SC      Sorc      76             Yes           -          -         over 9k       13
Darke Rahl    Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0
Vildecor      Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
ioupainmax    Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Kitteh        Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU           Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit        Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer       Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin    Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
hackedagainanda Hugo          HC      Barb      16             Yes           -          -            -           -
The Fallen
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Pb_pal      Stevesy         HC      Paladin   76             Yes           -          -            0           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks @Grape! She's definitely going to run Nihl for the last level, with some Baal runs mixed in for a fun break if she needs it.

Because she found two Stone of Jordans, I am thinking about going pure lightning (assuming the merc has Infinity). She's probably use Nature's Peace and one of the SoJs though, to eliminate Nihl's corpse explosion.

The other option would be Blova, but I think @Pb_pal already blazed that trail with Eleanor. Hiatus has one respec left without getting a Baal essence. So we'll probably go pure lightning and then use the Ancients quest early in the level if we need to try out different build options.

grim

Diabloii.Net Member
It's been about 2 months since my last update, but i've been slowly grinding with the java and have finally reached lvl 96, my highest lvl ever achieved... I mainly did Baal runs with only a few /p8 Diablo runs. The latter felt a lot more dangerous and kinds of slow due to the 15 frame teleport.

Best drop for these 2 levels came from Baal:
Screenshot045.jpg

Leveling from 94-95 was uneventful with no significant drops and 0 deaths.

Lvl 95-96 felt 10 times longer but I also managed to avoid any deaths. Tried using 4 skill Thunderstrokes which had great damage but the need to repair after every run was really annoying.

At about 95 and 1/3, the elusive titans finally dropped, closely followed by another pair some runs later...
Screenshot041.jpg

Also found: 2/20 jav gloves with 15 fire res (spent hours shopping for 3/20, but no luck so far), Ravenfrost 20 dex, vamp gaze (noneth) for merc and an upgrade for my Gheeds

I managed to improve my infinity merc's survivability. Tried a delirium + COH (in ebugged dusk shroud made with a previously found Ber). Enjoyed the confuse that triggered wave spawn faster, but he became more fragile to wave 5 and damage was severely reduced. Finally settled with fortitude + gaze. Feeding him an antidote potion after wave 2 also helps a lot. Merc deaths are now extremely rare.

I also replaced her crap rare circlet with pTopaz shako. I hate the look but + 2 skills, life, mana and mf are hard to ignore. Later replaced the topaz with a 15 ias jewel, reaching the next ias bp which helped her damage significantly...

Wishlist:
  • Griffon's: apart from the damage boost and looks, I would love to hit the 68 fcr bp)
  • Phoenix shield: cause i love that redemption aura, but will make only if a Jah drops by any chance.
  • 4 x Java skillers
Any advice is more than welcomed and I look forward reading all of your updates...

Progress Update
Code:
PhineasB      Hiatus          SC      Sorc      97.2           Yes           -        406           19           -
Grim          Furious_Blonde  SC      Ama       96             Yes           -          -            -           -
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      93             Yes           -        270           12           -
The Fallen
Code:

Last edited:

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
@grim - Congrats on the levels and finally getting those javelins! I'm not sure anyone has done testing on CS vs Baal runs for efficiency with a Javazon at the later levels.

CS is generally more efficient if you can target the boss packs and Vizier/Infector easily. Trapsins not so much, but I think lightning fury will allow it. It might be worth giving CS some time and hope you can get comfortable dodging -- the delirium on the Merc should make a difference there. At the end of the day, though, I think it's what is most comfortable and fun for you. :)

As for me, Hiatus surpassed the weekly goal, getting 30M to hit 3.050B. Not the Sur or Ber she was after, but quite a few runes fell: Gul #4, Mal #5, Mal #6, Pul #5, and a Jah:
CS (Jah).jpg
The Mals fell on the same run, which was pretty cool. Most importantly, she also found another Cold Skiller (plain), her fourth, and that extra skill makes a noticeable difference. She might get a little more time this evening, but:

Champion Phaedrus and Azrael the Defiance Desert Merc, Lvl 94 (pic)
Phaedrus also made some progress, pinging 94. After finding a Diablo charm shortly after the last update, he burned through the rest of the pgems, netting a Cold Skiller with FHR with about 20 pgems left.
Code:
Chilling Grand Charm of Balance
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x915b5fbb
Item Level: 94
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
+12% Faster Hit Recovery
Hiatus is totally jealous. :rolleyes: There were six other skillers along the way, either plain or not particularly useful, that were rerolled.

Phaedrus then did Gripphon runs at p8, but hitting every boss pack along the way, plus Diablo if there was an experience shrine. It was pretty quick, about 11 runs per tenth of the level at this point. Finds were solid: Windforce (only the second one I’ve ever found), Trang belt, and offensive skiller, which replaced 3 small charms with MF.

After hitting 94, he gambled 5M gold worth of circlets, hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with 2 pala + 20FCR. Unsurprisingly, it didn’t happen, but he came really close to something spectacular and had another close-but-not-quite that would have been okay.
2 Martial Arts 20FCR.jpg
Close 2 Druid FCR.jpg
He kept the Druid coronet so it can be transferred into my general stash. But he did net this, which will replace the 3 pTopaz artisan’s helm until Shako drops (still didn’t have any better option, except maybe a Tarnhelm):
Code:
Rose Branded Coronet of Life
Coronet
Defense: 34
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xc5e9cbaa
Item Level: 93
+3 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
Damage Reduced by 4
He then cubed up all flawless gems (except amethysts) and rolled the other Diablo charm that he’d found during the level. It was about 100 pgems worth, and he netted a Burning skiller with strength, with 3 pgems left.
Code:
Burning Grand Charm of Strength
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x7630d713
Item Level: 94
+1 to Fire Skills (Sorceress Only)
+4 to Strength
Phaedrus also rolled 10 caster ammys, with nothing to show. He has quite a few flawless stashed still, so he will cube those up and use them, plus also gamble the remaining ~8M gold he has on circlets. Maybe he’ll get lucky.

I’m not 100% committed to picking up flawless gems anymore. I know rolling charms increases the chance of Lion Branded charms, but I don’t know if it’s enough to be worth the slower runs to pick them up. Interested to hear what others think!

Progress Update
Code:
PhineasB      Hiatus          SC      Sorc      97.3           Yes           -        408           19           -
Grim          Furious_Blonde  SC      Ama       96             Yes           -          -            -           -
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      94             Yes           -        274           12           -
The Fallen
Code:

darkstarhub

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice going guys!!! I am still plugging along to 96, but not really finding anything good to make it interesting or give me a little boost. I feel asleep last night(again) and managed to die, which was my first time at level 95. I managed to get my corpse back, but it still sucks, and makes me mad. Meh, it gave me a little bit of a second wind to run a little more and make up some of the XP loss.
This screenshot kinda sums up my item luck as of late:
Screenshot150.jpg