Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Mar 20, 2016.

1. coju

coju IncGamers Member

Code:
    Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pb_pal      Eleanor         SC      Sorc      84             No          151        116            0           -
    NanoMist    Izuna           SC      Sin       81             No           39         33            0           15
    Tarantella  Tarasha         HC      Sorc      75             Yes           -          -            -           -
    OldSoldier  Battleforge     HC      Pala      75             Yes           -          -            -           -
    Darke Rahl  Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0           0
    T72on1      Neverland       SC      Sorc      57             Yes          11         11            1           9.33
    coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      50             Yes           -          0            0          a few
    Gambit      Colossus        SC      Pal       39             YES           0          0            0           0
    logo        Digimon         HC      Nec       24             Yes           0          0            0           -
    Ergroilnin  Erilinda        HC      Sorc       6             No            -          -            -           -
    Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid      1             Yes           -          0            0           -

The Fallen:
    Code:
    Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A           0          N/A
    logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

[/QUOTE]

Tried my hand at a nightmarish Andy, and she gave it back to me; even on players 1. So, went back to Normal and got a couple levels at Baal: level 50 as of now. It seems Pb_pal did baal's until 50, and that does seem like a good place to be. I went and got the Skill Tomb at level 46, and brought along a Freezy Merc who died three times. Have Spirit Shield and The Stick... whatever it's called. Radiance? No... Insight! There we go. I did a few Countness runs, and on "this is my last" a Sol dropped! It twas my lucky "last".

Pb_pal likes this.
  2. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

@coju Good progress !!! One question though: How can you have a Spirit Shield in NM, at level 50? Monarchs don't drop until Hell, and they require level 54. Or did you mean Rhyme?

Good luck, and keep it safe.

3. NanoMist

NanoMist IncGamers Member

Either Rhyme Shield or Spirit sword?

Small update: found an Arachnid's Mesh but not much else - I will move on to Pindle.

The Runners:
    Code:
    NanoMist    Izuna           SC      Sin       85             No           59         52            0           20
    Pb_pal      Eleanor         SC      Sorc      84             No          151        116            0           -
    Tarantella  Tarasha         HC      Sorc      75             Yes           -          -            -           -
    OldSoldier  Battleforge     HC      Pala      75             Yes           -          -            -           -
    Darke Rahl  Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0           0
    T72on1      Neverland       SC      Sorc      57             Yes          11         11            1           9.33
    coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      50             Yes           -          0            0          a few
    Gambit      Colossus        SC      Pal       39             YES           0          0            0           0
    logo        Digimon         HC      Nec       24             Yes           0          0            0           -
    Ergroilnin  Erilinda        HC      Sorc       6             No            -          -            -           -
    Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid      1             Yes           -          0            0           -

The Fallen:
    Code:
    Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A           0          N/A
    logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

Pb_pal likes this.
  4. coju

coju IncGamers Member

@T72on1 ehhh: Rhyme. I meant to Rhyme but I am full of the Spirit that came out. Oops! No, no Freudian slip, those aren't even real.
    It is in a boneshield.

5. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

Got to the Outer Cloisters waypoint then went back to do clear the Tower. It seemed a good map for teleing and though Mizan fell to cursed archers once or twice whilst trying to finish off the Countess Tarasha was never hit by arrows when amped. Got a lem on the first drop and another lem levelling in the rest of the 24 runs.

Screenshot039.jpg

A few nervy stair traps on the way made more so as saving points 90 or so points meant life is lower than usual. Checking out the racks on level 5 for the umpteenth time surprisingly dropped a unique exceptional spear (as a bnet player for a dozen years-can't remember that ever happening) which set me thinking. Went back to Mausoleum where there were two racks right by the entrance. A dozen or so 15 seconds runs to the the weapon rack eventually gave a thresher and within the hour 7 of them (5 plain 2 socketed) had dropped when the 8th dropped with 4 sockets for Mizan's next Insight upgrade with a level 17 meditation aura. Quested quickly through to Andariel for a poor first drop and entered act 2 at level 77. Gambled a few useful strength amulets and rings on the way.

Code:
    NanoMist    Izuna           SC      Sin       85             No           59         52            0           20
    Tarantella  Tarasha         HC      Sorc      77             Yes           -          -            -           -

The Fallen:
    Code:

Pb_pal and T72on1 like this.
  6. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

@NanoMist - Eleanor shakes her fist at you for the Arachnid's Mesh. Otherwise, great job. :p

@Tarantella - Nice finds on the Lems. You're taking your life in your hands down there in HC at such a low level, be careful!

--

Eleanor continued bashing Pindle, but started to mix some AT running in as well for a bit of variety. Nothing too noteworthy was found, but a few levels gained and of course a bit of the grail filled out. She even took a little jaunt in LK for a bit to see what she could find. Um and Pul showed up, which are both needed for future RWs, so that's great.

We've been trying for a while to upgrade the merc to an elite polearm, and finally on her 8th roll (plus an additional 4 found with the wrong number of sockets), she managed to roll 4 sockets into an eth Giant Thresher. Perfect! It's being used for Insight now, but will be our base for our future Infinity as well. Combined with his newly made Treachery armour, and a Tal's helm we found, the merc is doing just fine. Naturally, this prompted us to switch him out for a HF merc, as that will be our end-game choice anyways and we figured the sooner, the better. :p

Updated Battleforge as per OldSoldier's request.

EDIT: Eleanor is level 87, not **. Wishful thinking I guess :p

Code:
    Pb_pal      Eleanor         SC      Sorc      87             No          184        128            0           -
    OldSoldier  Battleforge     HC      Pala      79             Yes           -         73            -           -
    Tarantella  Tarasha         HC      Sorc      77             Yes           -          -            -           -

The Fallen:
    Code:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    OldSoldier and T72on1 like this.
  7. coju

coju IncGamers Member

So, my first unique from a rack dropped!: Earthshaker
    I was tping through the LK in NM a few times to try and grab some Grand Charms in hopes of skillers, and to rid this world of a few demons here and there, and it dropped on my way to the superchest camp!

I've almost maxed Lightning Mastery, just a couple more levels and that will be done. Now, I must decide if I want to go pure Light, with CB/Light/Mastery currently maxed (in a few levels), and start adding Chain Lighting, start going down the cold tree to my favorite skill: Frozen Orb, respect and go Orb/Meteor // Orb/FB // Orb/Nova, or go Blizzard Sorc (which is my least favorite option).

Charged Bolt is starting to seem a bit scary, as I am HC, and for maximum effect, you must be grinding your partner, Frozen Orb suits more my style of tping back with I find some monsters.. wait... Frozen Orb / Hydra? Isn't that a thing? Didn't our Most Awesome Best Mod Ever Thyiad make one or start to make one? I wonder if she reads these. I could report myself for spam and perhaps she will see it.

But, I'm not going for stylepoints, I am going for quickness. Blizzard may be the absolute quickest, but, that is my least favorite choice, and I haven't used Frozen Orb in a few years (heck, any skills in a few years).... Well.. Opinions? What are you sorceresses doing/using/skilling/plans?

8. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Time to catch up a bit, it seems :).

I managed to get to NM Pindle at 53 or so, but got a bit careless on my first runs, which resulted in my second death by teleporting right in the middle of the pack :(. After some Pindle runs I finally found a 4os Polearm: a non-eth Poleaxe. Obviously the damage is really low, but it's mainly the aura I was after at that point, so I was quite happy with it.

I ran Pindle on /p8 until Neverland was level 72. Then I proceeded to Baal. On my way, I got myself stuck in a strange place, somewhere in the Frozen Tundra ...

D2 - Frozen Tundra bugged.jpg
    I could teleport back out though, and continued towards Baal. The waves posed no problem on /p8, for Baal himself I tuned down to /p3. The fight didn't take too long, and as a reward he dropped ... a yellow Shako. So close, so cruel.

I did some more Baal runs, until I was level 76. Then I proceeded to Hell. My resists were terrible (something like 13/0/20/-10), but the plan was to do some semi-careful teleporting through Act 1 and Act 2 anyway.

Quite early in Act 1 I found my first TC3: Blinkbat's Form. I consider that a good sign for the upcoming TC3 Hunting Tournament ;). In the Jail level 2 I got a very nice surprise:

D2 - Shako.jpg
    A golden one this time, and my first elite item to drop. Talking about getting lucky !!!

Since I got a really good map to Andariel, I ran her a couple of times, but without any good drops. Then I teleported through Act 2, leaving the Maggot Lair for now, and going straight for ...

D2 - Neverland reaches Hell AT.jpg
    ... indeed !!!

Apparantly the god drops approved of this, because in that very first run, I got my first unique amulet. Not the Mara's I was hoping for, but still, not bad for a first amulet:

D2 - Seraph's Hymn.jpg
    About the worst roll possible, but even then I'm happy with the +2 skills.

I did some more AT runs, on /p1 only because /p3 was too slow to my taste. They still gave quite good xp, so I hit level 79 soon after. I one of the last runs I also found a Tal's helm, so my merc now finally has some life leech. Best runes I found so far are a Ko and a Lum.

Items I'm wanting most now are a 4os Monarch and a better 4os stick for my merc. I wouldn't mind finding 2 Bers in a row obviously, but a Spirit shield alone would give me a huge boost, both offensively as defensively. Other than that I'd like to up my mf, which is only about 100% now. I'd like to socket my Shako obviously, but I actually got a really good AT Map (quite close to the WP, and very compact map), so for now I'm reluctant to give it up already.

Maybe if I decide that I do want to continue to Meph, in which case I'll have to reroll most likely anyway. For now I'm tempted to stay in AT though.

Edit: o yes, only one S/U that I already have twice, so I got lucky there so far. That one item of course is ... that lovely green breast plate !!!

Code:
    Pb_pal      Eleanor         SC      Sorc      87             No          184        128            0           -
    OldSoldier  Battleforge     HC      Pala      79             Yes           -         73            -           -
    T72on1      Neverland       SC      Sorc      79             Yes          35         34            2           14

The Fallen:
    Code:

9. logoutzero

logoutzero IncGamers Member

I'm gonna try to finish Normal tonight, stay tuned.

LoD owns me. Been playing classic so long I forgot about Act V. Stay tuned even longer...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
    Kitteh and coju like this.
  10. coju

coju IncGamers Member

I've made it to Mephisto, found a map with a few Teleports to her lair. Now, time to look up resistance and nm mephisto running... I know blizzard is the best, but, I'm trying to stay away from that... Anyone reading this have their own opinion on FO v Blizz through their experiences?
    This will be my first Stat Reset, as I'm Lightning, and that only tickles that demon...

Hmm... hmm hmmm.... Good ol' cookie cutter here we go! At least until I feel comfortable with my gear to diverge from the Chocolate Chip. Oh man... Girl Scout Samoas do sound good. There are some offbrand cookies that taste very much like those.. oh man... i gotta go to the store soon.

Metorb I reckon. I did have fun with it before. I'll look up fo/nova vs metorb before i do and edit..

Well, well... I think for now I'm giong to max FO, get mastery 10ish for now, since i'm in NM, and put some points into Frozen Bolt. Save points for now (tk/tp ofc), and decide what I want to do later. Thanks guys for talking this through with me!

11. logoutzero

logoutzero IncGamers Member

I don't know what to tell you coju. I like blizzard. I don't like FO as much. FO/CL gogogo?

coju likes this.
  12. coju

coju IncGamers Member

Been playing classic, huh? How's that been? I think I'm going to sleep on it; decide tomorrow. No rush, eh?

edit: didn't sleep on it. Went FO. Not as fun as I remembered. I may respect into a Blizz actually :)

13. PhineasB

PhineasB IncGamers Member

As I explained in my intro thread, this challenge inspired me. I actually started a few days before Kitteh officially started the thread (hope that’s okay). I'll hold off on trying to update the table, because I think I'll mess it up.

Short version:
    I created a Trapsin called Mercy, who is now Lvl 87 and Matted. It’s been a blast so far, aided by great rune luck. Only a Ber away from Infinity! I created an Album with screenshots of major drops/progress.

Congrats to all on the good progress so far. Best of luck on the leveling, MFing or rune searching.

I followed the usual path of single pass tourney characters, although I had pretty bad topaz luck. No major finds in Normal – socketed angelic armor when I found second ring, which was a waste that I regret. I died once to hitting tab in windowed mode :\

The next weekend, my wife was away and I spent a lot of time playing. I did the minimum possible to get through NM, focusing on Hell Andy and Countess runs as the way to get Mercy to where she could run LK. There was nothing of note through NM; I got a Lem at NM HF. I found enough runes to make insight for Merc, although I had only a 4os Bill. After netting nothing with 20-ish Meph runs in NM, I decided to move onto Hell with terrible resists and using Fade to compensate.

I don't recall ever having this type of luck in D2 before. I finished A1 and a bit of A2, and then did runs for countess and Andy. On the 9th run, this happened (my first rune above Lem). Hello Fortitude! I had a +500 Archon Plate that got 4os in Cube. Hard to argue with the roll. The merc was now able to survive in Pits, so I added Pit runs into my cycle and finished A2 for a change of pace. Pit run 20ish we got lucky again with a Sur.

At this point, I was hooked on this character. Only 3 Surs (or one Sur and one Ber) from Infinity! I went through A3 as quickly as possible to reach LK and rolled maps (remembering not to hit any WPs except LK). I spent the day in LK, with a break to finish A4 and get the first A5 WP. HF was Mal.

I didn’t time the LK runs (because it would have been discouraging), so I instead set a goal of picking up 250 runes. It started slow, with a Mal and a Pul, but also another Lem so I could make Harmony. Then I had a run of Sur, Lo, Gul, and Pul #2 in about one hour of playing time. Ran a bit more after dinner and got Um and Gul #2. The next morning before work while drinking my coffee = Ohm.

I decided to take a small break from LK, saved Anya and hit the WP for Ancient Way (or whatever it’s called). Then ran Eldrich a few times to level up before going back to LK runs and found my first Elite Unique, a Ghost Flame.

I picked up again this past weekend and finished my 250 runes, with a nice Traps skiller and Gul #3 and Pul #3 to round it out. I then tested where I could run for leveling. I hadn’t gotten another 4os polearm, so the merc still had the bill. In Pits, I found a 4os Giant Thresher and made Insight, but he was too weak to wield it (oops). Did Eldrich and Shenk and Pindle for two levels until Merc could equip the new Insight, and Pits became much more manageable.

But I decided to open up WSK as a run so finished Ancients quest. One of Baal’s minions dropped Spike Thorn, and Baal eventually died. Matted at Lvl 85. I ran Pits to level up before planning to go back to LK, and found another Gul.

I went back to LK, with a goal of another 100 runes, hoping for a Ber to allow Infinity, but ended up with Um #2 and a few mid-runes. I got some nice charms though, with another Skiller (this one plain), a [email protected] SC, and a [email protected] SC of Sustenance (13 life).

I’ve leveled to 87 with mixture of Pindle, Eldrich, and Pits. Maybe another lucky rune drop will open things up.

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  14. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

That is no problem at all! I have a soft spot for trapsins, have fun :p

15. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

@coju I think Blizzard > FO. Then again I've never really liked FO. But I'm playing my third no-twink (or low-twink, in the case of the other 2) Blizz Sorc now, and I really feel you can't go wrong with these. I started this one out as a Fireball Sorc actually, but the killing power didn't even come close to Blizzard. When I did do a FO / something Sorc, I never bothered to put points into the Ice Bolt synergy, because it seemed too small to be worthwhile.

@PhineasB That is impressive, very well done !!! I have never done any LK runs at all, but if I really want to increase my chance of finding good runes, it seems like I'd better look into it. Same applies to Travincal and Cows actually, I guess I'm more of an MFO runner than a RFO one, but I disgress.

I see you mention not tagging any of the waypoints in Act 3 other than LK. Is that important? Never really heard of that, but then again I've only done some limited reading on the subject.

As for the table: it's a matter of quoting the post before yours that has the most up-to-date table, removing the quote tags and all the text that person has typed, and then adding your own character and stats. You have the option to preview before you post, so you can always cancel your post if you can't get it right. The only thing that is tricky about it, is getting the spacing right, but that is just a matter of trial and error.

To make it easier, I've added you to the table below. I don't know your stats though, other than what I can read in your post: character name, class, lvl, number of deaths (unless there were more than the 1 you mention), game mode. You'll have to add the rest yourself.

Good luck !!!

Code:
    PhineasB    Mercy           SC      Sin       87              ?            ?          ?            1           ?
    T72on1      Neverland       SC      Sorc      79             Yes          35         34            2           14

The Fallen:
    Code:

16. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

Copy table to notepad for spacing

17. coju

coju IncGamers Member

@T72on1 you only tag the LK wp so you won't missclick for optimum run times.

18. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

@PhineasB - Wow! Welcome, and that's some awesome rune luck you've got there! Hopefully it keeps up for you. :)

@coju
    My plan was/is:
    - Blizzballer until Hell is "completed" (Anya saved)
    - Pure blizzard for the foreseeable future for AT/Meph/Pindle/CS running
    - At some point in the distant future (probbaly once 98 is hit) respec to pure Lightning and do pure Nilly/Baal runs

Great progress to everyone else, very entertaining!

coju likes this.
  19. PhineasB

PhineasB IncGamers Member

@T72on1: as coju said, if you plan on doing lots of LK runs with a character, it is much easier to avoid hitting any WPs in A3 except LK (I've never had issues with also hitting Trav). That way when you start an LK run in town, you have only one option for WP to click to get you to LK. It makes a pretty significant difference, especially if you're not super precise with the mouse like me.

Sorry for not listing all the details for Mercy's journey. I am SC with extended stash. I stopped picking up green sabres and double axes at some point in Hell, so I'm not counting total number of S/Us. Flavie report says I have found 139 S/Us. I am not counting total play time, and I've added 4 deaths in LK to my one in Normal.

Code:
    PhineasB    Mercy           SC      Sin       87             Yes           -        139            5           -

The Fallen:
    Code:

It looks like I was able to do with table without messing up the formatting . . .

20. coju

coju IncGamers Member

Thanks @Pb_pal! I went back to normal to respect into a Blizzard Sorceress. Have Glacial spike and Blizzard maxed, with 10 into Mastery and 11 into Blast. Which means it looks like I'll be going pure Blizzard for the meanwhile. I was against it, but it is powerful and strong, doesn't require as much aiming, and has GS for freezing and keeping me safe. I've used two respects, now, and I want to run the Sanctuary when I get to Hell and save the Ancients for the last pop of 98 -> 99.

Pb_pal likes this.