The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
@Neksja That's no fun :(. I think I'd take a break too, after a death at 98. I can't even fathom doing difficult runs like CS or Nihl while watching something else (although I know other people do it too). Play something else for a change of pace, and then hopefully you'll be back to this soon.

I don't think this is the case, but if so: if you are worried about me getting to 99 faster than you ... not a chance that will ever happen. Like I said, I'll only be picking up Neverland to start the xp grind to 99 after the rune finding tournament is over, which is only in a month or two. And even then, I won't be playing her much, because my next 60K trail is in May. Add to that the deaths I'll most likely have, and you'll understand that I'll be glad to finish Neverland even before the end of the year.

@BKC Nice !!! Good luck with the Necro. And yes, that's a TC3. Next to some very high end items, they are my personal favourites to find.

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member
No, didn't try to recover as I didn't have a recovery kit and I was super angry at that point that I just wanted to quit the game as quickly as I could. The most annoying thing is that I was just barely over the maximum penalty for dying, since my XP is now 200k over lvl98...

@T72on1 certainly playing other games for a while now. I have a bit of a backlog of games to play on PS4, so I guess I'll play one of those games through next.

Thanks all for the motivating words, I'll get back to Aura at some point, but we'll see when that happens.

Pb_pal

Diabloii.Net Member
@Neksja - Ouch, that really stings. The CS is tricky like that, you can really get into a groove there but it still remains one of the more dangerous areas of the game. Take a break, let the motivation come back, and get your revenge! ;)

ILikeRocks

Diabloii.Net Member
@Neksja Sorry to hear that. I would be taking a break for a while after that!

Rowsdower is chugging along... I teleported through almost all of act 2, I had to kill Duriel alone as my merc just got 2 shotted. Run and blizz worked just fine though. Act 3, Pretty much the same so far, teleported as fast as I could through to get the eye and brain. On my way to the bazaar, I found a really good LK map that I am gonna sit and run for a while. There are also a couple boss packs that always spawn outside the left campfire that I have been killing and gaining a little exp. I will be stuck here for a while and then move on after I get anything of value. I only did 10 runs last night because I was tired.

I was running on /P7. What players do people normally run LK on?

darkstarhub

Diabloii.Net Member
@Neksja I know that burning feeling of seeing that death message on the screen all to well man. I am sure the point you are at the anger is amplified even more. Take a step back, rest your heart, dust yourself off and jump back on the horse.

What usually gets me is something with Mana Burn and I don't notice it for that split second and I can't port. This results in an insta gib. A few nights ago I got hit like that, and out of the corner of my eye I noticed the life bulb said 1. In my mind I thought, "changing that life charm from 17 to a 20 saved me!"

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
@Neksja Sorry to hear that. I would be taking a break for a while after that!

Rowsdower is chugging along... I teleported through almost all of act 2, I had to kill Duriel alone as my merc just got 2 shotted. Run and blizz worked just fine though. Act 3, Pretty much the same so far, teleported as fast as I could through to get the eye and brain. On my way to the bazaar, I found a really good LK map that I am gonna sit and run for a while. There are also a couple boss packs that always spawn outside the left campfire that I have been killing and gaining a little exp. I will be stuck here for a while and then move on after I get anything of value. I only did 10 runs last night because I was tired.

I was running on /P7. What players do people normally run LK on?
/p7.

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
@Neksja - Ouch. I'm sorry to hear about the death. I hope it's a short break and you're able to get back to Aura soon.

I also realized that I failed to congratulate @T72on1 on level 98. Congrats!

Mercy is a little past 97.3. Shortly after the last update, she was running Pits and found a unique ring, which turned out to be Bul-Kathos’ and the first +1 skill ring :)
Code:
Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x45ad8607
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to All Skills
4% Life stolen per hit
+48 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+50 Maximum Stamina
As mentioned in an earlier post, this led to some gear and charm reshuffling to +2 assassin ammy with +7 FCR, exactly enough to hit the 102 BP, but little else to offer. This meant losing resists from ammy and the nice stats on FCR ring, but likely worth it for +skill. Dropping a couple vita SCs and one MF SC allowed her to make up the resists.

It turned out BKWB didn’t add much life relatively because other ring had been +38 life and loss of vita SCs. But the extra skill makes a noticeable difference. Baal runs are finally consistently under 4 min, sometimes well under depending on spawn, if I’m focused on maximum efficiency. (She also rerolled maps and found a better WSK map, which contributes.)

Wave two goes down faster. I used to cast CoS when throne room had lots of OKs and dolls initially to prevent resurrections, and I never had issues with the timer to cast again for wave 3 to try to minimize hydras. But both times I used CoS after gear shuffle, Mercy wasn’t able to cast CoS for wave three. I know the extra skill adds to the timer, but I am pretty sure wave 2 is also going down faster.

Most noticeable is wave 4, which now always goes down to one round of traps unless Ventar teleports away. Lister’s mob now also consistently goes down in two rounds unless he’s LI. And Baal goes down with two rounds of traps when he doesn’t teleport away. But it still usually takes a third round to finish him off.

So I think that +skill got her across a sort of overall breakpoint in efficiency for Baal runs. Arachnids and additional trap skillers would certainly be welcome, but it was nice to finally find that ring!

My goal is to average a minimum 8 Baal runs per weekday and 40 over the weekend, which will net a little more than 20M XP per week. That would see Mercy to 98 in early March. I was four runs short of that goal during the week, which is a good sign because this week was one of the busiest work weeks I’ll have before May, with several 12 hour days.

No major finds, but she finally got a Vamp Gaze. Tried it out for a bit, thinking DR and MDR would outperform Crown of Thieves. But it’s 6% LL, and I’ve concluded the Crown of Thieves (with higher LL and +life and +dex) is better. Andy’s will almost certainly be better if it drops.

Phaedrus also got some time, finishing a set of 25 runes at LK to round off the first 250 runes found. He got a nice SC and Pul #3 for his effort. He ran a mix of Pits, Eldritch and ROF/CS full clears on p3 to gain level 87, with a very nice find for base for a spirit upgrade.

Sadly, he’s gone through all his Hels looking for 35 FCR, with 2 x 32, 25, 28, 32 and 28 rolls. He needs 35 to get next FCR breakpoint (or another 4os sword to improve the 31 FCR he has currently). So he will keep rerolling the sacred targe until it hits 35.

But Mercy will be the main focus for a while. I may even enter her in the RFO and keep doing Baal runs – 20 hours of running would well exceed the goal for those two weeks. (Edit: This would probably be inefficient for qualifying runes due to time spent on Baal and -- I think -- not being able to count any runes he dropped.)

Table Update
Code:
Name (F)     Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy     Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal       Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist     Izuna           SC      Sin       99             No         5109        470            4         360
Neksja       Aura            SC      Paladin   98             Yes        4911        453            -           -
T72on1       Neverland       SC      Sorc      98             Yes        2190+?      446           13         260
PhineasB     Mercy           SC      Sin       97.3           Yes           -        422            9           -
hasuprotoss  Reina           SC      Sorc      96             Yes        1100        339            -           -
Tarantella   Tarasha         HC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
XyleneCyanol Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
PhineasB     Hiatus          SC      Sorc      95             Yes           -        357            17          -
Reyz         Qty             SC      Sorc      92             No            -          -            -           -
OldSoldier   Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
darkstarhub  Neptune         SC      Sorc      91             Yes           -          -            -           -
Southpaw     Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt       CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           -          -        Dont want to know
LiquidClear  Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage  zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
Neksja       Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
PhineasB     Phaedrus        SC      Pala      87             Yes         212        133            8           -
Gladstone    Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
MercMan      Este            SC      Ama       86             Yes        1212        278            2      Classified
Lord Molyb   Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     84             No          104         87           16          idk
Zenigma      Ayura           SC      Barb      84             No            -          -            -           -
Qwernt       AmaAgainstAll   SC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit       Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Zenigma      Gnosis          SC      Druid     78             No            -          -            -           -
Jean Avila   SpeedAdict      SC      Ama       77             No            -          -            -          50
logo         Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
TwentyMule   Rayne           SC      Sorc      76             Yes         195        140            ?           ?
Lynchgrinch  Tattersail      SC      Sorc      75             ?             ?          ?            ?           ?
Darke Rahl   Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0
Chaostar     Prairie         SC      Sorc      64             Yes          84         61            0          24
Vildecor     Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
ioupainmax   Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Lord Molyb   Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       50             No           12          9            0         idk
Kitteh       Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU          Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit       Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer      Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin   Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
BKC          Poison_Vic      SC      Necro     12             Yes           1          1            -          2,5
The Fallen:
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

Last edited:

MercMan

Diabloii.Net Member
It's been more than a month since my last update because I was traveling for 3 weeks over the holidays and then a week of business travel in the New Year.

However, Este did make significant strides before the end of November. She is now lvl 90 and her moron is sporting an Infinity; courtesy of cubing up several lower runes for a second Ber.

My problem now is that I just don't love the javazon play style and I find myself much more interested in playing 1.07, the upcoming RFO, and doing CS runs with my lvl 97 hammerdin. All that said, I'm not sure if and how much I will proceed with this character.

Table Update
Code:
Name (F)     Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
zticazzy     Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal       Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist     Izuna           SC      Sin       99             No         5109        470            4         360
Neksja       Aura            SC      Paladin   98             Yes        4911        453            -           -
T72on1       Neverland       SC      Sorc      98             Yes        2190+?      446           13         260
PhineasB     Mercy           SC      Sin       97.3           Yes           -        422            9           -
hasuprotoss  Reina           SC      Sorc      96             Yes        1100        339            -           -
Tarantella   Tarasha         HC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
XyleneCyanol Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
PhineasB     Hiatus          SC      Sorc      95             Yes           -        357            17          -
Reyz         Qty             SC      Sorc      92             No            -          -            -           -
OldSoldier   Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
darkstarhub  Neptune         SC      Sorc      91             Yes           -          -            -           -
Southpaw     Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt       CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           -          -        Dont want to know
MercMan      Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2      Classified
LiquidClear  Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage  zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
Neksja       Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
PhineasB     Phaedrus        SC      Pala      87             Yes         212        133            8           -
Gladstone    Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb   Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     84             No          104         87           16          idk
Zenigma      Ayura           SC      Barb      84             No            -          -            -           -
Qwernt       AmaAgainstAll   SC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit       Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Zenigma      Gnosis          SC      Druid     78             No            -          -            -           -
Jean Avila   SpeedAdict      SC      Ama       77             No            -          -            -          50
logo         Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
TwentyMule   Rayne           SC      Sorc      76             Yes         195        140            ?           ?
Lynchgrinch  Tattersail      SC      Sorc      75             ?             ?          ?            ?           ?
Darke Rahl   Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0
Chaostar     Prairie         SC      Sorc      64             Yes          84         61            0          24
Vildecor     Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
ioupainmax   Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Lord Molyb   Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       50             No           12          9            0         idk
Kitteh       Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU          Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit       Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer      Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin   Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
BKC          Poison_Vic      SC      Necro     12             Yes           1          1            -          2,5
The Fallen:
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Mercy surpassed the weekend goal, netting 80 Baal runs (double the goal of 40) and catching up the 6 not completed from the weekdays. The 120 Baal runs this week led to 30.44M XP, with a couple Pit runs thrown in.

She hit boss packs in WSK2 and WSK3 and cleared throne without resetting to p1 for the last 40 runs, which was an interesting little experiment. She shaved off having to do only 19 runs for 5M XP (i.e., the 20th run got to ~5.25M), with some extra drops and a little saved time in town due to no longer needing to reset to p1 or go to Malah for Mana potions due to extra boss mobs. I don’t think it’s an overall efficiency improvement, because she needs to add only ~13 seconds/run given base run time of 3:45 to break even. Killing the boss packs might take less than that, but picking up potions and checking drops definitely adds more than 13 seconds. But it was a nice change up and one she might use time and again to break the monotony.

Finds weren’t major, with second Boneshade being the highlight. She also found Ma’avina’s Caster, Islestrike, and Unique Buckler as her grailers (plus a facet and something else I can’t figure out, but not an Elite). Still a few exceptional uniques left, but it’s getting close to the usual TC 3s and 87s and jewelry, plus class specific uniques and Cow’s Set left.

She’s sitting a little above 3.065B. Tomorrow’s a holiday and my wife’s out of town next weekend and early the following week, so hopefully she will beat the goal for the next two weeks also.

tokerdin

Diabloii.Net Member
is it to late to enter my char at lvl 91.2? she is still untwinked.
I only just started really wanting to level her higher since i hit lvl 91 and with the rfo coming up she will be my runner for the first and last stages.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Shouldn't be a problem in my opinion, if she is still untwinked. zticazzy only added his barb at the very last stage as well. But I'll let @Kitteh take the decision.

tokerdin

Diabloii.Net Member
Shouldn't be a problem in my opinion, if she is still untwinked. zticazzy only added his barb at the very last stage as well. But I'll let @Kitteh take the decision.
If she is untwinked (absolutely untwinked), then I don't see any issues :)
Yeah she totally untwinked as she is my first char since i started playing again and i still dont have another able to do any runs yet. only an extended stash but everything self found
Sweet thanks guys i should have just added her when i first made my account here on diabloii but i was more worried about LK runs than anything lol. but now im on the verge of making my first infinity and respecing her to a single tree then i will be able to run p8 quickly.
now i just have to go read the guide to write those tables lol

Chaostar

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi !
Some improvement for Prairie, the light/cold sorceress.
She entered Hell at lvl 74, and act I was easier than I expected for her.
Difficulty came with act 2. The killing power was still sufficient, but I had more and more dangerous situation, then I dropped a 2 sockets Wyrmhide, and realized I was still wearing a 17-def Stealth Leather armor. I improved to another stealth with more defense, and things get better for a while.
No good drop so far in Hell, it's really disappointing, so this armor is the only piece of equipment I changed from Nightmare...
I continued through act II to Act III, and with Kurast started the really hard time. It becomes really hard to kill enemies, and I have to be really cautious I i don't want to be outnumbered.
Yet I managed to get kalhim's flair, and go to Mephisto (with another godly durance-lvl 2 map) and kill him (got a crappy unique).

I can't go to act IV for the moment, it will be too dangerous. I really need to gear up (my mercenary too !!), so I think I'll wander in Act I (pit / countess / andariel) and act II (ancient tunnels) for a moment, the time to get a monarch and some stuff.

Table Update
Code:
MercMan      Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2      Classified
Chaostar     Prairie         SC      Sorc      78             Yes          144       103            0          32
The Fallen:
Code:

hasuprotoss

Diabloii.Net Member
Just a quick update: Reina is back to her previously mentioned 200 million from 97 mark, a lot of untimely deaths (at this point, aren't they are) marring a lot of running. No one to blame but myself and I seem to have found a pretty good speed for getting through without undue risk now.

Still haven't found an Arachnid's but this did drop just a few minutes ago:

Because my first wasn't good enough, I got -3% more for the enemy lightning rez and 6 more defense! Still terrible on the +lightning damage roll though...

Now can one of my daily Spiderweb Sashes please not be Yellow or Blue? o_O

tokerdin

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
tokerdin     tokeress        SC      Sorc      91             yes           -           -            -           -
Chaostar     Prairie         SC      Sorc      78             Yes          144       103            0          32

all done now off to pindle

darkstarhub

Diabloii.Net Member
I made it to 92 last night and will update table when I get home from work. I was just about ready to do some cubing to get a Vex from my Ists and Mals when low and behold I got 1 Gul from LK and another from the SC in AT. There is already a 4OS Flail ready in a stash and I made sure to get a normal Ruby for cubing the 2 Guls. It was late last night so I didn't roll it so hopefully luck will be on my side and give me a decent AR roll on the HOTO when I get home.

darkstarhub

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
darkstarhub  Neptune         SC      Sorc      92             Yes           -          -            -           -
tokerdin     tokeress        SC      Sorc      91             yes           -           -            -           -
Didnt try to roll a HOTO yet as I didnt get to play much yesterday. Of course I was going to switch over to a Spirit shield from a Ryhme, but I would lose Cannot Be Frozen, and I still havent found a Ravenfrost Ring yet. Maybe Duriel's shell until something better would work, or I could just wing it until a Ravenfrost comes along.