Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Mar 20, 2016.

1. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

I have rejuvs on my space bar for years now, after having it on 1 for years before that. It has saved my life countless times.

Kitteh likes this.
  2. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

Fordyl just has 16 rejuvs :p

3. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

Dropped in on act 2 to get a Holy Freeze merc then re ran Andy 9 more times. First Andy drop had been poor but several useful items dropped subsequently.

Screenshot009.jpg

Screenshot010.jpg

Amulet was Mahim oak and the Tarnhelm 31mf. Popped back to normal to get a bow to make Edge and gambled some nice dual resist gloves. So with resistances nearly all maxed quested rapidly through acts 2-4 picking up Sigons boots in act 2 and making a 15 meditation poleaxe replacement in act 3. Forge drop opened up possibilities for later.

Screenshot017.jpg

Diablo drop was poor but checking drops from the sanctuary after the kill more than made up for it.

Screenshot020.jpg

Reached act 5 at level 55

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  4. coju

coju IncGamers Member

Very nice tarantella! That is a good idea going back to nm Andy to play for a bit. Did you just use the map you had, or reroll for a better one? I suppose if it is just andy, the default, unless too spread out, would be fine.

5. Tarantella

The map was ok in so far as Tarasha's mana pool and the level 12 insight were enough to get the dozen or so hops between waypoint and stairs on level 2 and the stairs on level 3 as long as she didn't stop to engage monsters. Having the 63 fcr breakpoint and some 80+ fhr is fine for players 1 setting in nightmare.

6. logoutzero

logoutzero IncGamers Member

Rolex bought the farm. Deeds to Bloodwitch + a boss greater mummy. 500 life and Prayer with 5% life leech on each spiked club means I hadn't felt any pressure so far. Level 21 normal. Thinking of next entrant. Maybe a LF/FA named BrickHouse, "'cause she's the one, the only one, built like an amazon!"

7. coju

coju IncGamers Member

You must have got one of those Folex's on accident.

logoutzero likes this.
  8. NanoMist

NanoMist IncGamers Member

Hell went by smoothly without much difficulty. Between CoS and MB, there were not many dangerous moments. Hellforge dropped an Ist and Diablo dropped a Steel Carapace. Concluded hell questing at rescuing Anya, as I don't plan on running Baal until much later (if at all). Next stop... Pits, Pindle, or LK?

Code:
    Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NanoMist    Izuna           SC      Sin       75             No           27         23            0           12
    Pb_pal      Eleanor         SC      Sorc      58             No           43         39            0           -
    Tarantella  Tarasha         HC      Sorc      49             Yes           -          -            -           -
    T72on1      Neverland       SC      Sorc      46             Yes           4          4            0           6
    Darke Rahl  Bells           HC      Ama       25             No            4          -            0           0
    Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     19             No           N/A        N/A           0          N/A
    coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      24             Yes          all         0            0          Some
    logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      15             Yes           0          0            0           1
    Gambit      Colossus        SC      Pal        0             YES           0          0            0           0
    Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid      1             Yes           -          0            0           -

Kitteh and Pb_pal like this.
  9. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

Congrats on basically finishing hell. Do whatever you can easily do to get maybe another 10 levels quickly ... and any better gear before the grind really gets going!

coju likes this.
  10. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

@NanoMist Awesome job! If you can safely do Pindle, that should be your target. Even at /p3 or /p5 you will level up in a hurry there until the mid-80s. After that I'd head on over to the Pits and begin the grind. That's essentially my plan, except AT instead of Pits obviously. LK if you're hurting for some RWs, if not I wouldn't bother until you're bored of the levelling grind a bit.

EDIT: I forgot you're going to want to farm Enigma sooner rather than later. In that case I would still level on Pindle first, and then split my time between Pits and LK. :)

--

As we stated last time, we spent some time here convincing Meph to leave us some goodies, and that he did! Some highlights include:

- Duriel's Shell (Jemali's new favourite item)
    - Ali Baba (it will stay in the stash, as Eleanor has dreams of filling it with 2x Ist)
    - Sigon's Shield (extra firepower is always nice until Monarchs show up)
    - Vipermagi (23 all res which is dissapointing, but still way better than her current Stealth)

So with this she decided she was geared well enough to proceed, knowing she can come back if she needs to. The Hellforge gave us an Io, and Diablo went down easy with another colourful drop to leave behind.. She pretty much tele'd and plowed through A5 and became a Champion at level 71. She and Jemali are starting to feel more fragile than I would like, so we're going to spend some time levelling at Baal here and hopefully find couple gear upgrades as well before hitting Hell.

Also updated Tarasha's level in the table.

Code:
    Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NanoMist    Izuna           SC      Sin       75             No           27         23            0           12
    Pb_pal      Eleanor         SC      Sorc      71             No           71         61            0           -
    Tarantella  Tarasha         HC      Sorc      55             Yes           -          -            -           -
    T72on1      Neverland       SC      Sorc      46             Yes           4          4            0           6
    Darke Rahl  Bells           HC      Ama       25             No            4          -            0           0
    Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     19             No           N/A        N/A           0          N/A
    coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      24             Yes          all         0            0          Some
    logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      15             Yes           0          0            0           1
    Gambit      Colossus        SC      Pal        0             YES           0          0            0           0
    Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid      1             Yes           -          0            0           -

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    NanoMist likes this.
  11. NanoMist

NanoMist IncGamers Member

Thanks! Leveling up on Pindle sounds good, but I will do some Pits first, as I am still missing some basic stuff. Believe it or not, I still need an Insight, and for that I will do area clears. I'm still using the stealth I made from normal...
    Definitely will be farming LK for a while to get Enigma (and Infinity).

coju likes this.
  12. coju

coju IncGamers Member

nanomist, i feel i'll be in your same spot after while. I'm planning on running CK for a while, once I get there.

edit: I've made it to Mephy in Normal. Earlier, I found a 5%mf jewel. I'll linky later if y'all want to gaze on it. Mm.. what else... I'm going to wait until she is level 30 to kill meph with her mf gear, in hopes that... well.. actually... if the goal is to get level 99, might as well kill that ladydemon now, eh? Because, I believe I'm only half-way to 30, and that could take a bit of grinding in durance 2/3 to get to 30. More time than I wish to spend at level 29, that is... But, if I am already thinking like this, am I up to the 99 challenge?

Pb_pal and Timinator like this.
  13. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

@logoutzero Condolences on the loss. Good luck with your next character !!!

To all the rest: good progress everyone. Especially the ones already in Hell. Quite fast. I'll be interested to hear the strategy you are following, and how it works out. My current plan is to go through NM as fast as possible, level up on Pindle again, then the same in Hell. In NM I might do some Andy / Meph runs, in Hell some Mausoleum or Pits to get some decent bases. First primary target / area for repeated runs in Hell will depend on the build I'll be running by then. Currently still enjoying my full fire sorc, but there are more efficient builds out there, so I might change in the future.

14. Tarantella

Leveled up to 70 on p8 Eldritch. Merc was a bit flakey at first with the occasional waypoint ambush and some of the tougher auras on Eldritch but rapidly increasing fire damage helped out as did the drops with Iron Pelt and Undead Crown for Mizan and Infernostrides, Eye of Etlich and Peasant Crown for Tarasha.

Back on p1 and further into act 5 gambled Angelic Wings and made a third spirit broadsword (25fcr) .Will attempt to max one of them later. Also picked up a Harpoonist grand charm and a foul small charm of good luck (7%) whilst bypassing most of the content on the way to the Ancients. No problems there or in the Keep exiting to Hell at level 71 with a handy drop from Baal which was upgraded to mesh belt immediately.
    Screenshot031.jpg

Kitteh, Pb_pal and NanoMist like this.
  15. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin IncGamers Member

I will be joining this as well with HC pure lightning sorc. Won't be using extended stash, but will mule off items from her so future HC chars can use them. Also not gonna keep a track of uniques/grail/time. Also to spice it up a little bit for myself, during the questing, I'll do full /p8 clears no rerunning until I beat the hell baal.

Code:
    Pb_pal      Eleanor         SC      Sorc      71             No           71         61            0           -
    Tarantella  Tarasha         HC      Sorc      55             Yes           -          -            -           -
    Ergroilnin  Erilinda        HC      Sorc       6             No            -          -            -           -

T72on1 and Pb_pal like this.
  16. logoutzero

logoutzero IncGamers Member

Digimon, the level 24 skelliemancer-for-now, resting for the night outside the Harem.

Kitteh, we gonna move the deeded entrants to a separate table?

coju likes this.
  17. Gambitsreturn

Gambitsreturn IncGamers Member

So here goes my first update. Colossus is currently level 39 and is questing in nm act 1 at the moment. The plan is to start doing countess runs until I can make the basic caster rune words that everyone enjoys so much, spirit, insight, rhyme etc. The vast majority of my Diablo career has been spent playing the female classes. With the exception of the Necromancer, I have never really taken a liking to the male characters. I thought that with my complete restart and the long term commitment that this tournament will require, I would enjoy spending time playing a Hammerdin. Boy was I wrong. The entire time I have played Colossus, I have been thinking how much I would prefer to be playing a sorceress or amazon. So, I think I will put Colossus on hiatus for the moment and start playing a character I actually enjoy and am comfortable playing. So my question is, do you want me to leave Colossus on the table or should I remove him to avoid cluttering up the table?

coju likes this.
  18. coju

coju IncGamers Member

My vote is leave Colossus. As for the deeds, perhaps a graveyard at the bottom of the table would suffice?

My lady's next quest is to rescue the other lady, Anya, I believe she is called in these lands. Level 31. Found some sets, a couple uniques. Nothing too interesting. That MF jewel is a 4%, though, not 5. A nice Sorc wand dropped with 20fcr and some res. She is using that and a purple shield. Starting to safe all my jewelry I find instead of selling it like habit in order to cube it. Did not know about that: cubing jewelry...

19. Darke Rahl

Darke Rahl IncGamers Member

Bells waltzed through Nightmare in her mid thirties and forties, with her once-useful Act 2 mercenary now on permanent follow due to a lack of upgrades.
    I only had one close call, in act 1 prisons, while I fought a mob of zombies and an elite somehow a second special monster crept up among them and they both died at the same time releasing cold novas and a fire explosion.

Only notable drops so far were a Vampire's Gaze and Wizardspike, meanwhile I'm still rocking a Twitchthroe in Hell! I'll do some more pit runs this morning but it will take some time to find anything with my low MF :<

Code:
    Darke Rahl  Bells           HC      Ama       75             No           21          -            0           0
    Ergroilnin  Erilinda        HC      Sorc       6             No            -          -            -           -

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Pb_pal and NanoMist like this.
  20. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

I think a separate graveyard table might be better because it isn't so important, so better not to clog up the main table. I will try and add it in tonight if nobody else gets a chance. Great progress guys :D