The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

Zenigma

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah....so....uhmm.... It is now update time!

And I kinda just made marginally more work for me because (yay) I got two usable rare throwers from NM Meph to replaced my shopped throwers! Which is exciting. Though I fear I've used up some of my luck on getting these now instead of from Hell Meph, where mayhaps I could have even more ED D: oh well. I'm pleased with them, and even if I don't find a Scalper or some elite unique throwers, I could end up upping one of these to elite and have a decent weapon on my hands.

Before I delve deeper into my throwbarb, let's touch on something very special to me: my windy. So as I mentioned, he made it to Hell Act 1. Not only that, but he made it to the Outer Cloister, enabling some much-appreciated pit runs to take place. Let's preface this part with Baal being an utter troll:

Screenshot085.jpg
Code:
Nagelring
Ring
Required Level: 7
Fingerprint: 0x19d87f07
Item Level: 75
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+69 to Attack Rating
Magic Damage Reduced by 3
Attacker Takes Damage of 3
20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Dwarf Star
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0x54e75c33
+40 to Life
+40 Maximum Stamina
Heal Stamina Plus 15%
Fire Absorb 15%
Magic Damage Reduced by 13
100% Extra Gold from Monsters
These aren't actually the worst finds, but to be perfectly honest, I was aiming higher

Fast-forward to Hell and pit runs. Gnosis looted a cool Um rune from what likely was a Devilkin:
Screenshot086.jpg

However, on an otherwise inconspicuous day, something special happened:
Screenshot088.jpg
Code:
The Stone of Jordan
Ring
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0x85b64ff6
Item Level: 73
+1 to All Skills
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
+20 to Mana
Increase Maximum Mana 25%
This is the first time I've found one of these. And it was no less on an untwinked character. Now I know I've found much rarer and better items in my days, but this is my first SoJ I've ever found myself, including my time on Bnet. So it was quite momentous.

Ironically, I took my weeks-long break after making this relatively significant grail find.

And now... onto what is personally the more interesting character:
Ayura was struggling after entering nightmare. He had never felt so weak. Crushing normal on /p8 is no great feat, but he was quite shocked at the rude awakening he would receive in nightmare. Such a humbling experience made him take some time off. Upon returning, he quietly lowered the difficulty from /p8 to /p3-5 depending on the situation, rarely going all the way up /p8. He started to cruise on through once again, making neat work of act 1, 2, and 3. He has since run Norm/NM Countess and MN Mephy in pursuit useful items

Ayura has found all types of wonder things during his adventures, too! Though many of them he will certainly never use:
Code:
Harpoonist's Grand Charm of Life -> From NM Spider Cavern
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xf270ee10
Item Level: 50
+1 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+5 to Life

Skin of the Vipermagi -> From NM Black Marsh while looking for another Io rune
Serpentskin Armor
Defense: 279
Durability: 15 of 24
Required Level: 29
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0xf8ba1ff9
Item Level: 38
Unidentified
+1 to All Skills
+30% Faster Cast Rate
+120% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +34 -> 1 all res off perfect, this is definitely my best vmagi
Magic Damage Reduced by 13

Suicide Branch -> too bad I didn't get this and vmagi on an untwinked sorc, haha.... or better yet a singer--that'll be an untwinked project for another day
Burnt Wand
One Hand Damage: 8 - 18
Durability: 10 of 15
Required Level: 33
Required Strength: 25
Fingerprint: 0x56a1cab0
Item Level: 59
+1 to All Skills
+50% Faster Cast Rate
+40 to Life
Increase Maximum Mana 10%
All Resistances +10
Attacker Takes Damage of 25

Despite the finds that have no visceral use, Ayura has come across quite a few items that show great promise, and he's made others that fill certain gaps:
Code:
Black -> this and the one below it are on switch in order to make quicker runs at bosses.
Flail
ThulIoNef
One Hand Damage: 2 - 52
Durability: 29 of 30
Required Level: 35
Required Strength: 41
Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0xd38c744a
Item Level: 20
+15% Increased Attack Speed
120% Enhanced Damage
+200 to Attack Rating
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Knockback
+10 to Vitality
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
Level 4 Corpse Explosion (12/12 Charges)
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Io Rune
Socketed: Nef Rune

Thul Rune
Required Level: 23
Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: Cold Resist +30%
Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Io Rune
Weapons: +10 to Vitality
Armor: +10 to Vitality
Shields: +10 to Vitality

Nef Rune
Required Level: 13
Weapons: Knockback
Armor: +30 Defense vs. Missile
Shields: +30 Defense vs. Missile

Black
Flail
ThulIoNef
One Hand Damage: 2 - 52
Durability: 29 of 30
Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0x79271ce6
Item Level: 20
+15% Increased Attack Speed
120% Enhanced Damage
+200 to Attack Rating
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Knockback
+10 to Vitality
Magic Damage Reduced by 2
Level 4 Corpse Explosion (12/12 Charges)
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Io Rune
Socketed: Nef Rune

Thul Rune
Weapons: Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Armor: Cold Resist +30%
Shields: Cold Resist +35%

Io Rune
Weapons: +10 to Vitality
Armor: +10 to Vitality
Shields: +10 to Vitality

Nef Rune
Weapons: Knockback
Armor: +30 Defense vs. Missile
Shields: +30 Defense vs. Missile

Shimmering Small Charm of Thunder -> I don't have many shimmering scs, so this is very welcome, especially on this character, on whom I intend to have so much offensive equipment. Hopefully I'll find more to round him out, especially looking for fhr charms as well, because he somewhat lacking in that aspect as well.
Small Charm
Required Level: 25
Fingerprint: 0x5c16b9dc
Item Level: 53
Adds 1 - 15 Lightning Damage
All Resistances +5

Coral Small Charm of Sustenance -> speaking of good, defensive-oriented charms
Small Charm
Required Level: 20
Fingerprint: 0x9017097a
Item Level: 48
+14 to Life
Lightning Resist +9%

Sharp Grand Charm of Sustenance -> Although they also say the best defense is a good offense...
Grand Charm
Fingerprint: 0x566f124c
Item Level: 50
+10 to Maximum Damage
+66 to Attack Rating
+21 to Life

Immortal King's Will
Avenger Guard
Defense: 174
Durability: 55 of 55
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 65
Fingerprint: 0xeee7825a
+2 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)
+125 Defense
37% Extra Gold from Monsters
85% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+4 to Light Radius
2 Sockets (2 used)
Socketed: Perfect Topaz

Perfect Topaz
Required Level: 18
Weapons: Adds 1 - 40 Lightning Damage
Armor: 24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: Lightning Resist +40%

Perfect Topaz
Weapons: Adds 1 - 40 Lightning Damage
Armor: 24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Shields: Lightning Resist +40%

Immortal King's Forge -> can't wear these yet, but they'll probably be my go-to gloves along with IK boots and IK (once found) until LoH or Drac's drop (if they ever do)
War Gauntlets
Defense: 109
Durability: 22 of 24
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: 110
Fingerprint: 0x769cb1f4
Item Level: 58
12% Chance to cast level 4 Charged Bolt when struck
+65 Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Dexterity
Set (2 items): +25% Increased Attack Speed
Set (3 items): +120 Defense
Set (4 items): 10% Life stolen per hit
Set (5 items): 10% Mana stolen per hit
Set (6 items): Freezes target +2

Now maybe you ask yourself why I didn't put down IK belt, as well. After all, IK gloves, boots, belt is a classic three-piece combo that works wonders for low level melee characters, especially barbs (and me with my IK helm to boot!) Well, I'll show you why I'm not looking for IK belt:

Razortail -> !!! My favorite thrower belt. Thanks, Meph <3
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 104
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 32
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0xe644a9fa
Piercing Attack
+10 to Maximum Damage
+142% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+15 to Dexterity
Attacker Takes Damage of (Based on Character Level) 63

Now I also mentioned a couple throwers I picked up from Meph just before I started writing  this:

Eagle Cleaver -> not too shabby, kinda compliments the Viper Barb I posted before that I gambled in Act 1 NM. However, that thing has been replaced.....
Hurlbat
Throw Damage: 44 - 73
One Hand Damage: 23 - 60
Quantity: 213
Required Level: 30
Required Dexterity: 106
Fingerprint: 0xb96df2af
84% Enhanced Damage
+11 to Maximum Damage
Adds 6 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
5% Mana stolen per hit
Increased Stack Size

Corpse Scythe
Throwing Axe
Throw Damage: 24 - 37
One Hand Damage: 12 - 21
Quantity: 212
Required Level: 48
Required Dexterity: 40
Fingerprint: 0xe699e222
212% Enhanced Damage -> !! Pretty sweet ED roll there! Thinking Lords/Ferocious instead of Cruel/Platinum. Can NM Meph drop cruel rares? Anywho, it's not outrageously high, but it's definitely good enough that it can sub in for elite unique throwers until those (hopefully) drop.
+117 to Attack Rating
Increased Stack Size
Level 1 Concentrate (22/22 Charges)

Okay, I hope I've made up for inactivity in this thread now.... whew!
Also a note while I'm here: It's pretty difficult balancing crafting materials, weapon stacks, and charms I'm holding onto with no extended stash. Having to hold onto something until you're sure you don't need or want it, it's been tough!

Code:
Name (F)     Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy     Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal       Eleanor         SC      Sorc      98.50          No         3064        437            5           -
NanoMist     Izuna           SC      Sin       98.2           No         3180        442            3         263
T72on1       Neverland       SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1594        394           11         148.5
PhineasB     Mercy           SC      Sin       96             Yes           -        361            9           -
hasuprotoss  Reina           SC      Sorc      95             Yes         894        316            -           -
XyleneCyanol Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
Tarantella   Tarasha         HC      Sorc      94             Yes           -          -            -           -
Reyz         Qty             SC      Sorc      92             No            -          -            -           -
PhineasB     Hiatus          SC      Sorc      92             Yes           -        305           13           -
Southpaw     Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
OldSoldier   Battleforge     HC      Pala      90             Yes           -        236            -           -
Qwernt       CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           -          -        Dont want to know
LiquidClear  Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
Lord Molyb   Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     84             No          104         87           16          idk
Gambit       Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Zenigma      Gnosis          SC      Druid     77             No            -          -            -           -
logo         Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
Darke Rahl   Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0           0
Zenigma      Ayura           SC      Barb      63             No            -          -            -           -
ioupainmax   Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Lord Molyb   Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       50             No           12          9            0         idk
Kitteh       Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU          Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit       Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer      Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin   Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
The Fallen:
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

Last edited:

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
@NanoMist I would have expected at least a screenshot for such a momentous achievement :p

@Zenigma congrats on the progress -- it's good to have another person with two characters in the table. And congrats on the Stone of Jordan. I found 2 on one of untwinked 99ers and was equally surprised at each one.

Update on my end: Hiatus made it to level 93. She ran AT and Pindle and eventually mixed in some CS as she gained more hit points from charms. Finds along the way were a Mal, a Pul, and a +damage Fletcher's GC from AT; Medusa's Gaze and Ondal's Wisdom from Pindle, and a Vex from CS. She died twice right before leveling because of sloppiness as I was trying to finish it off. Which, of course, slowed things down. :oops:

I cubed the Vex up to an Ohm and made a Call to Arms, which should help as she tries to focus on CS for next levels. Still no 4os Monarch. I found three white ones, that all failed in the cube, with 1os, 2os and 3os. :(

Code:
Name (F)     Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
zticazzy     Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal       Eleanor         SC      Sorc      98.50          No         3064        437            5           -
NanoMist     Izuna           SC      Sin       98.2           No         3180        442            3         263
T72on1       Neverland       SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1594        394           11         148.5
PhineasB     Mercy           SC      Sin       96             Yes           -        361            9           -
hasuprotoss  Reina           SC      Sorc      95             Yes         894        316            -           -
XyleneCyanol Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
Tarantella   Tarasha         HC      Sorc      94             Yes           -          -            -           -
Reyz         Qty             SC      Sorc      92             No            -          -            -           -
PhineasB     Hiatus          SC      Sorc      93             Yes           -        326           15           -
Southpaw     Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
OldSoldier   Battleforge     HC      Pala      90             Yes           -        236            -           -
Qwernt       CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           -          -        Dont want to know
LiquidClear  Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
Lord Molyb   Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     84             No          104         87           16          idk
Gambit       Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Zenigma      Gnosis          SC      Druid     77             No            -          -            -           -
logo         Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
Darke Rahl   Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0           0
Zenigma      Ayura           SC      Barb      63             No            -          -            -           -
ioupainmax   Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Lord Molyb   Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       50             No           12          9            0         idk
Kitteh       Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU          Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit       Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer      Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin   Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
The Fallen:
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

Grape

Diabloii.Net Member
@Zenigma I remember being quite skeptic if someone started this with an "underdog" build, but picking up a throw barb for the task is just plain awesome! If you can manage the grind to get the necessary equipment, I think it could actually be quite nice build for the last couple of levels! And that is the most important thing, I think.

Made it to 99...

...Cathan's ring. Just found my 99th Cathan's ring.

That is all.
time to join the Cathan's grail!

You should have the ilvl95 by now, I guess. :p

Vildecor

Diabloii.Net Member
Decided to go ahead and commit to this. Been playing the Amazon off and on and spent the last 2 days getting her from the beginning of Act III normal to Act III NM. Normal was spent playing mostly as a bowazon with Stealth and Zephyr, utilizing a couple of points in Multi-shot and then Freezing Arrow once she hit 30. Once in NM, she grabbed the best rare javelin she could gamble and has been lighting up the screen ever since. Haven't decided yet whether I want to progress as a Fishyzon or respec to full lightning, though I'm leaning toward the latter. First socket quest was used right away to open up Insight. Questing has been done on /p5 full clears (because I just can't stand skipping stuff). Should be in Hell difficulty by the end of today, with a possible break running NM Mephisto.

Code:
PhineasB     Hiatus          SC      Sorc      93             Yes           -        326           15           -
Vildecor     Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
The Fallen:
Code:

Zenigma

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, he's a Champion.

It was not, however, without a bit of luck (in the form of the items teased out of Mephisto). After having farmed those two decent rare throwers, Ayura journeyed onward into the hellish Outer Steppes. So confident he felt, he decided to bump up the difficulty back to /p8 for the remainder of the difficulty. He was modestly rewarded along the way for putting forth such effort. Between the experience and the gold, he has been awarded with some goodies!
Code:
Blade of Ali Baba
Tulwar
One Hand Damage: 27 - 59
Durability: 23 of 32
Required Strength: 70
Required Dexterity: 42
Fingerprint: 0xcbe4bcc9
Item Level: 64
69% Enhanced Damage
+9 to Dexterity
+15 to Mana
185% Extra Gold from Monsters (Based on Character Level)
74% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
2 Sockets (0 used)

All the better to MF with!

Demon Limb
Tyrant Club
One Hand Damage: 100 - 181
Durability: 65 of 65
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 133
Fingerprint: 0x25627
213% Enhanced Damage
+123% Damage to Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 222 - 333 Fire Damage
9% Life stolen per hit
Fire Resist +15%
Repairs 1 Durability in 20 Seconds
Level 23 Enchant (20/20 Charges)

Thanks, Baal; Enchant might help me kill you again somewhere down the road!

Jeweler's Gothic Plate of the Whale
Gothic Plate
Defense: 134
Durability: 55 of 55
Required Level: 47
Fingerprint: 0x9f67d330
Item Level: 78
+86 to Life
24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
4 Sockets (1 used)

Replacing my old MF armor, and hoping that one day I can turn this armor into a force of its own. Anyways, I shopped it from Charsi. But it'll be a 24% mf increase at the very least once I get the pTops for it.

Rune Blazer
Light Plated Boots
Defense: 11
Durability: 12 of 18
Required Level: 26
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x92af64e3
Item Level: 60
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
+4 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +16%
Lightning Resist +10%
Fire Resist +24%

Not going to see use on this guy, but they're still decent.

Oh! And I also have an angelic combo in case I ever have trouble hitting monsters, though I don't suspect that will be a problem. It took a while to find that ring, especially after holding onto the ammy since very early into the adventure. Still going to hold onto them.

Angelic Halo
Ring
Required Level: 12
Fingerprint: 0x2f36e91d
Item Level: 60
+20 to Life
Replenish Life +6
Set (2 items): +24 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
Set (3 items): 50% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Angelic Wings
Amulet
Required Level: 12
Fingerprint: 0x6c4b042a
Item Level: 23
20% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+3 to Light Radius
Set (2 items): +75 to Life
Set (3 items): +1 to All Skills

On top of it all, Ayura has found himself feeling awfully comfortable cruising through Hell at /p1 so far.
So that's progress!

Code:
Zenigma      Ayura           SC      Barb      74             No            -          -            -           -
Vildecor     Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
The Fallen:

Code:

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Zenigma      Ayura           SC      Barb      74             No            -          -            -           -
Neksja       Turirao         SC      Druid     21             Yes           1          1            0           3
The Fallen:

Code:
So it begins. I noticed that there's not many Druids around and I'm not sure whether any of the Druids on the list are still active. Anyhow, I think my highest Druid before I took a several year break was a lvl94-95 Fury druid so this time, I'll need to do better than that. I was planning on twinking heavily and I actually started and got to level 31 in the first day and thought, this is not right. Time to go (almost) full IronWolf mode, I can't live without extended stash ;)

The plan currently is that I'll do Fury/Rabies wolf, as I want to mainly use Fury and it doesn't require much of an investment, I should have plenty of skill points to spare. I know I'll max Fury, Lycanthropy, Rabies and Poison Creeper, but then I'm not completely sure. I guess I'll max Heart of Wolverine to boost my damage/AR and rest to Werewolf, to boost AR and make sure my WW is high enough when turning to a Wolf so I'll hit nice and fast attack speed with Fury.

The journey started, quickly went through to Countess and started running her, trying to find some useful runes for later levels. I ended up running her until I was lvl16, but I managed to find my very first grailer:

Will be very useful once I reach Duriel I reckon! +40% cold res is going to help, especially since later, I found an amulet with +20% cold res so with just those two items, I'm already at +60%, so screw you Duriel (whenever I get there). I managed to find 3x Tal rune and 3x Ral rune, but not a single El rune, so I could make 'Steel' Large Axe. So I got a bit bored and decided to just start push towards Andariel with my rare Large Axe with 7-15 damage, practically I was carried by my A1 Merc with Long Bow socketed with Chipped Ruby and Sapphire. I got to Andariel, who was surprisingly easy, all I did was stood in front of Andariel, trying to swing while my Merc did most of the work. She went down easily:

Level 17 and I was off to Act 2. Hired a new merc, got him a poking device, which will probably turn into Malice if I can find another El and Eth, I found El from the first monster in Act 2 and finally made a 'Steel' Large Axe. Levelled up to 18, Rabies! Time to start contributing instead of being a nice puppy following his moron. I was about to finish the session and start this post, but I figured, I ain't gonna start my journey from the last place! So, while watching some Netflix, I cleared Rocky Waste WAY too many times and finally dinged lvl21 and the journey has officially started.

Turirao out.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Good luck !!! And nice choice of build. I remember my Grief wielding Fury / Rabies Wolf killing fast, so you should be good to go after a while.

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member
I am slightly worried about needing Lo or two for my build (Grief/Fortitude), but I assume while running for 99, you'll have more than plenty of time to find them :) and it's not like I am going to get bored playing a wolf, I did a Fury sept back in the day after all, although half of the Pat threads are now missing from the Mat/Pat thread. Oh well, might need to do that again ;)

I'll probably do another update after finishing Normal, it's not like people want read about me getting from lvl21 to 25, it's the later levels when it starts getting interesting!

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Neksja       Turirao         SC      Druid     47             Yes          12         10            1           -
The Fallen:

Code:
Turirao is a Slayer! Also, first of three main objectives reached, not the lowest level Druid on the table anymore! Next one is Zenigma's lvl77, so that might take a while, hopefully I can do that by the next update, which should come end of Nightmare.

Act2 went fairly well, 'Steel' Large Axe was good enough and Merc with 'Malice' Spetum dealt plenty enough damage. Otherwise had pretty crappy gear, so I quested through to Arcane Sanctuary at /p1, then switched to /p8 and started clearing it to gain some levels. At level 23-24, I decided to move forward towards Duriel. Took that Arctic Belt and +20cold res amulet and headed to Duriel's lair. Drunk a thawing potion and threw one to my Merc as well and here's the result:

Isenhart's Case! Whopee, finally I got a better armor than some random rare Hard Leather Armor. Although it wouldn't matter too much, it's my Merc who is doing most of the work anyways. And off I was to Act3! Rabies was getting more and more useful with the damage increase. No real problems through Act3, I used that rare Maul as a backup weapon with big damage, but it was really slow compared to 'Steel', so I mostly used that. Got to Travincal quite quickly, would've done Travincal runs, but Merc kept dying to the first Hydra so it was more frustrating than beneficial so I kept pushing towards Mephi. As expected, it was a quick run to him and while fighting him, Merc proved useless just like against Duriel, so I fought him myself. Rabies + Open wounds and fast paws took care of him fairly easily:

Isenhart's Case! Whopee, finally I got a better armor than some random rare Hard Leather Armor. Wait a minute, damn I already am using one! Wait, Merc can start using that, so no worries! Oh and the circlet turned out to be +1 Necro, 20fcr and 2os. You want to know something nice? I was thinking "This is untwinked 99, I don't need this, nice 20k gold!". Only realised when uploading this picture that I could have used that on another character that's not untwinked... Oh well.

Act4 went really fast. Ran through to Izual, he always takes a long time for me in Normal but that was fine, he posed no danger to Moron and a Puppy. Quickly again to Hephasto, barely even noticed him, he was behind of those Stygian creatures and was constantly poisoned by my rabies and then my Merc killed him in 2 shots. Drop was El, which didn't surprise me, but I was lucky to get a Perfect Ruby. Decided to save it for the first Quick Axe/Military Axe I could find. Off to Diablo! Seal bosses were relatively easy, Merc died against Infector, but only after most of them were dead so quickly resurrect him and fight Diablo. Merc died instantly and I didn't bother to waste gold to resurrect him. So, it was my poor puppy running around, avoiding Diablo and his lightning/fire and occasionally biting him. It took me a very long time, 4 trips to town for more bottles and finally, only a sliver of health left, I got reckless and I died. Poor puppy, first death. Ran back with Merc, he died instantly but provided enough distraction for me to pick up my corpse, one more bite and Diablo was down:

Act5, running quickly through to Shenk and the waypoint and started running Eldritch. Quickly found a magic Giant Axe and crafted this:

Code:
Storm Mangler
Giant Axe
Two Hand Damage: 40 - 83
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Level: 31
Fingerprint: 0x42ed2c49
Item Level: 35
85% Enhanced Damage
+11 to Attack Rating
1% Life stolen per hit
+14 to Life
+3 to Mana after each Kill
Really nice damage, but missing IAS. So, had to keep going until I found a magical Military Axe and at that point I already had another Perfect Ruby to create this:

Code:
Wraith Rend
Military Axe
Two Hand Damage: 20 - 50
Durability: 17 of 30
Required Level: 38
Required Strength: 73
Fingerprint: 0xe427ee5f
Item Level: 43
49% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
4% Life stolen per hit
+12 to Life
Less damage but for Fury/Rabies, Speed = Power. I kept going until I was 43, then quickly saved Anya and ran through Ancients, who were not able to do almost any damage to me. 600 life Puppy is quite safe in Normal. After Ancients, I found the waypoint, ran a bit of Pindle/Eldritch, managed to find Sigon's shield so I finally got my first piece of buff gear, now +1 skill to Werewolf/Lycanthropy on switch. Then, went after Baal. Minions were easy, Lister's Gang took out Merc, but that was it. Baal was easy, didn't cast his clone once so he was done quite easily, Merc died instantly but that was not a surprise.

Puppy's a Slayer! Currently, he is camping outside some stones in Cold Plains, Nightmare, making sure Rakanishu goes down, down, down, down...

Here's Puppy's current gear:

Code:
Wraith Rend
Military Axe
Two Hand Damage: 20 - 50
Durability: 17 of 30
Required Level: 38
Required Strength: 73
Fingerprint: 0xe427ee5f
Item Level: 43
49% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
4% Life stolen per hit
+12 to Life

Duskdeep
Full Helm
Defense: 53
Durability: 27 of 30
Required Level: 17
Fingerprint: 0x203f72e4
Item Level: 34
+8 to Maximum Damage
+34% Enhanced Defense
+17 Defense
All Resistances +15
Damage Reduced by 7
-2 to Light Radius

Snake's Amulet of the Colossus
Amulet
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x54676de1
Item Level: 42
+53 to Life
+8 to Mana 

Ghoul Flange
Chain Mail
Defense: 214
Durability: 42 of 45
Required Level: 26
Required Strength: 48
Fingerprint: 0xdf5f3e25
Item Level: 45
+141 Defense (Based on Character Level)
+4 to Dexterity
+29 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by 75%

Death Finger
Light Gauntlets
Defense: 16
Durability: 15 of 18
Required Level: 15
Required Strength: 45
Fingerprint: 0x2707510d
+10% Increased Attack Speed
+37% Enhanced Defense
+1 to Dexterity
Poison Resist +11%
23% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Loath Winding
Plated Belt
Defense: 11
Durability: 21 of 24
Required Strength: 60
Fingerprint: 0x96904e25
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
+3 to Strength
+20 Maximum Stamina
Lightning Resist +7%
Fire Resist +11%

Shadow Loop
Ring
Required Level: 9
Fingerprint: 0xb7d53ea2
Item Level: 14
+23 to Attack Rating
+2 to Strength
+1 to Dexterity
Cold Resist +13%
Poison Resist +11%
Half Freeze Duration

Fortuitous Ring of Regeneration
Ring
Required Level: 8
Fingerprint: 0x716749a2
Item Level: 36
Replenish Life +3
12% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 

Storm Blazer
Chain Boots
Defense: 13
Durability: 15 of 16
Required Strength: 30
Fingerprint: 0x402149c7
+10% Faster Run/Walk
+10% Faster Hit Recovery
+34% Enhanced Defense
+8 Maximum Stamina
Fire Resist +34%
18% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
I really do enjoy playing untwinked, makes every drop more important. No waiting for certain levels for certain overpowered levels, now it's time to earn it. I managed to find two Sol runes from Eldritch so I am hoping for a 4os Battle/Grim Scythe soon, for the Puppy, and any etheral 4os exceptional Polearm for Moron, so I can get two Insights going. Unless I get super lucky and find a Ribcracker, but that's not very likely, so I'm leaning towards Insights. At least one, Sol runes should be quite easy to find from Countess. She does have a chance of dropping Ribcracker so who knows.

Turirao out.

TwentyMuleTeam

Diabloii.Net Member
Well it's been 5 years since I last played diablo, but the urge to start again is strong. There's so much that I left unfinished! I'll be adding Valus the HC Barbarian just as soon as I remember how to copy the table. Hello everyone!

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back and welcome to the tournament! Your best option is to copy and paste the table into Notepad and realign it there before copying and pasting it back into the thread :)

Edit: Any specific build?

TwentyMuleTeam

Diabloii.Net Member
Got it, thanks. Couldn't figure out the color for 'The Fallen', however.

I may have goofed around with barbs a little back in the day but I never advanced one very far. I think I'll start with a concentrate build and see how that works.

Code:
Neksja       Turirao         SC      Druid     47             Yes          12         10            1           -
TwentyMule   Valus           HC      Barb       1             Yes           -          -            -           -

The Fallen:

Code:

Zenigma

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't think I'd ever have patience for a conc barb. Though with the right gear, they're probably faster than my throw barb, haha. But I do like the spammy quickness of of throwing, especially with a hefty load of IAS on top of quick bases. Incidentally, this is part of why I'm dreading this write-up. You see.... I'm made a mistake. Sometimes, we're overcome by pride, mayhaps even hubris. And I am no exception. Ayura was merrily questing along, and decided after reaching the outer cloister that he wanted to improve upon his armor. Twitchthroe had suited him well and provided good enough bonuses, but it was time to upgrade. The 3os mage plate he had found toward the end of nightmare was going to see use in the form of Treachery. I good idea, and all he needed to find was a measely little Lem rune...

Screenshot115.jpg

Yeah... that happened. (View the minimap)

The worst part of that wasn't the dying, it was the splitting of items between corpses. I had strength-glitched the IK gloves on. ...and my inventory was full of charms.... and I picked up the body.... but then I died again.... so... yeah.... ik gloves on one, everything else on the other. And there were too many enemies and too little space between them in order to pick up either of those three corpses. Then I died again. And the entryway was blocked by a ghost boss pack. Died on entry.

So I cut my losses and quit.

Cons:
-Foremost, I lost my IK gloves, which I was hoping to find a replacement for before coming back; spoiler alert, I still lack functional gloves (Currently using the chanceguards I didn't mule off -- I'll find new gloves eventually, I'm just glad I didn't have my heart set on IK gloves only to lose them) This was my best source of IAS
-I lost a fair chunk of experience
-Lost a chunk of change on the merc and deaths

And this might be hard to believe, but there were some hefty pros to come out of this unfortunate event!

Pros:
-Thinking about the situation inspired some writing (non-game related; in fact, not even related to the loss of IK gloves. It just got me to write some, so that's exciting!)
-It got me to run mephisto in nm again, and I found mostly nothing. Well, at least I got Tal's mask and Skullder's for the merc
-It gave me renewed sense of purpose for finding that damn Lem rune. I smashed the Countess repeatedly farming up the runes to transmute into a Lem.

And I did that! I found a Fal from nm forge, a Fal from poppables in the Black Marsh, a couple of Ko runes from the Countess, and I transmuted Hels, Ios, and Lums into the last Ko rune. And I immediately put it to use:

Code:
Treachery
Mage Plate
ShaelThulLem
Defense: 258
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Level: 43
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0xe5ba9314
Item Level: 69
5% Chance to cast level 15 Fade when struck
25% Chance to cast level 15 Venom on striking
+2 to Assassin Skill Levels
+45% Increased Attack Speed
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
Cold Resist +30%
50% Extra Gold from Monsters
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune
Socketed: Lem Rune
My power has improved tremendously from this upgrade. I would lose another set of IK gloves just to equip my merc with one too ;)

Not only has that changed, but I have found a handful of new upgrades in my weapon slots!

Code:
Wraith Scythe
Francisca
Throw Damage: 50 - 91
One Hand Damage: 31 - 60
Quantity: 152
Required Level: 53
Required Dexterity: 80
Fingerprint: 0x71b48491
Item Level: 74
+40% Increased Attack Speed
177% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Minimum Damage
+143 to Attack Rating
Increased Stack Size
Required Level +5

Armageddon Razor
Flying Axe
Throw Damage: 49 - 219
One Hand Damage: 56 - 216
Quantity: 204
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: **
Required Dexterity: 108
Fingerprint: 0x8bffa6f1
Item Level: 73
233% Enhanced Damage
+120 to Attack Rating
Adds 2 - 13 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
2% Life stolen per hit
+10 to Life
Increased Stack Size
Unfortunately, the game trolled me pretty hard, too:

Code:
Beast Skewer
Dirk
One Hand Damage: 9 - 67
Durability: 18 of 20
Required Level: 48
Required Dexterity: 25
Fingerprint: 0xfde74b64
Item Level: 82
8% Chance to cast level 3 Chain Lightning on attack
+40% Increased Attack Speed
213% Enhanced Damage
+39 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
+291 to Attack Rating
+1287 to Attack Rating (Based on Character Level)
It's a dagger, cool, but why can't I throw it?!?!?!

Other cool finds:

Code:
Imp Fringe
Battle Belt
Defense: 86
Durability: 16 of 18
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: **
Fingerprint: 0xc4fcf909
Item Level: 82
+24% Faster Hit Recovery
+100% Enhanced Defense
+19 to Strength
+51 to Life
+10 to Mana
Fire Resist +9%

Shadow Master
Ring
Required Level: 70
Fingerprint: 0xef4d79dd
Item Level: 74
2% Mana stolen per hit
3% Life stolen per hit
+1 to Strength
+15 to Dexterity
+13 to Life
All Resistances +10
Fire Resist +7%
Despite the set-back, we are in good spirits over here. And I will find an upgrade over those IK gloves. Fingers crossed on the Laying of Hands or Lava Gout somewhere down the line!

Code:
Zenigma      Ayura           SC      Barb      78             No            -          -            -           -
Zenigma      Gnosis          SC      Druid     78             No            -          -            -           -
TwentyMule   Valus           HC      Barb       1             Yes           -          -            -           -
The Fallen:
Code:

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice rare items there, Zenigma !!! Too bad about the deaths though, but good thing you don't mind too much. Also, better now than at level 95+ ;).

Btw, are you using Grim Ward? I never had the patience to level up a Thrower very far, due to the repairs, but I heard it works really well for Throwers. Combined with Howl of course.

Zenigma

Diabloii.Net Member
Oops! Forgot to put that under the pros column. I definitely was happy that I wasn't farther along when it happened.

The repairs are tremendously badly. I use it as an opportunity to sell high value items, mostly armors.

As far as Grim Ward goes, I'm currently not using it. I don't particularly need it when my merc does plenty enough to draw the aggro and keep me safe. The Tal's mask did good things for his survivability--so much so that he no longer needed to use his iron pelt, hence the upgrade to Skullder's. However, if I were to upgrade to a rogue merc wielding faith to hit a higher attack speed, I would definitely consider dropping a point into Grim Ward. Seems like it would have good synergy with Taunt in dangerous situations, pulling in one baddie at a time. As far as clearing a path, 1 point in Leap is serving me well enough, for the time being.

This build is not in desperate need of skill points. I could place a couple here and there to see that benefits me most.