The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm afraid that I got killed at NM Travincal. I think it was from a fire enchanted but it is hard to tell as I was focusing more on Game of Thrones, hence the deeds I guess :p

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm afraid that I got killed at NM Travincal. I think it was from a fire enchanted but it is hard to tell as I was focusing more on Game of Thrones, hence the deeds I guess :p
Oh noes ... :(.

Which character are you going to try next?

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't imagine that I will to be honest, going to finally play Shadow of Mordor and working a lot, plus studying starts again in September. Also, my training is picking up again :)

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok. I still hope you'll be back at some point.

I did close to 1100 Trav runs with my Sorc, so no progress to level 98 yet. These are the results, not counting the Sur that I found while still rerolling maps, as I already posted that one.

Screenshot088.jpg Screenshot089.jpg Screenshot090.jpg Screenshot091.jpg Screenshot092.jpg

Not sure if that is a good haul for that amount of runs, or below what can be expected.

The Ohm was on run 1041, the Um the run afterwards. I was a bit disappointed that it was 'only' an Ohm, until I realized that I have another one, so I can make a Grief for my WW Barb.

Next to that I was amazed with just how good the Council is as mf target. I found a lot of good S/U (mainly uniques), and especially the last 200 - 300 runs a lot of grailers. Some useful stuff like a Buriza, finally a Skullder's, Death's Sash. I also found my fifth cold skiller.

Not sure what I'll do next. Probably level the Barb somewhat and then return to Neverland for ... ? More Trav runs maybe, as I like them a lot. Or back to CS to do some more leveling. Or LK.

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice finds @T72on1.

Mercy hit lvl 96. She mostly ran Baal, but mixed in some CS and a handful of Pits and Pindle for a change up.

There were some pretty good finds from last weekend and today's running: a Fleshripper (exactly middle of the road damage roll); Headhunter's; a ruby SC of vita, which is always welcome with the Spirit shield; a Mal and a Pul; a unique Scourge (sadly it was a Horizon's, otherwise Mercy could have switched to a kick/trap for lvl 98); and a Griffon's Eye.

Not perfect, but good -ELR:

Code:
Griffon's Eye
Diadem
Defense: 158
Durability: 17 of 20
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x983d4219
Item Level: **
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
+1 to All Skills
+25% Faster Cast Rate
-18% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+11% to Lightning Skill Damage
+103 Defense
I think I'm going to switch over to Hiatus for a bit, probably focusing on AT runs or LK.

EDIT:

Hiatus picked up a level and is now lvl 92. She ran mostly running AT at p5, but with some Pindle and Meph mixed in (given nearly perfect map for Meph with only 1 teleport from WP to stairs).

No game changing finds, but she finally found an Eth 4os Elite polearm, which made a difference with a new Insight. She also rolled a +2 sorc caster ammy, which isn't great on other mods but made a difference. With the amulet and few other upgrades, she was slowly able to increase her MF without losing skills or resists. Finds that merited screenshots were a Lightning skiller in AT, the Griswold set shield, Tal's plate from Pindle, and a 49% War Traveler from Meph.

Still no cold skillers or a 4os Monarch (kind of frustrating actually), so I think she will switch up gear for LK runs in hopes of upgrading the charms and maybe finding a Vex for Heart of the Oak or the makings for CtA.

Code:
Name (F)     Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy     Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal       Eleanor         SC      Sorc      98.25          No         2945        431            5           -
NanoMist     Izuna           SC      Sin       98             No         2672        437            2         239
T72on1       Neverland       SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1594        394           11         148.5
PhineasB     Mercy           SC      Sin       96             Yes           -        361            9           -
hasuprotoss  Reina           SC      Sorc      95             Yes         894        316            -           -
XyleneCyanol Fishie          HC      Sorc      94             No            -          -            -           -
Tarantella   Tarasha         HC      Sorc      94             Yes           -          -            -           -
Reyz         Qty             SC      Sorc      92             No            -          -            -           -
PhineasB     Hiatus          SC      Sorc      92             Yes           -        305           13           -
Southpaw     Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
OldSoldier   Battleforge     HC      Pala      90             Yes           -        236            -           -
Qwernt       CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           -          -        Dont want to know
LiquidClear  Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
Lord Molyb   Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     84             No          104         87           16          idk
Gambit       Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
logo         Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
Darke Rahl   Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0           0
Zenigma      Gnosis          SC      Druid     61             No            -          -            -           -
ioupainmax   Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Lord Molyb   Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       50             No           12          9            0         idk
Zenigma      Ayura           SC      Barb      48             No            -          -            -           -
Kitteh       Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU          Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit       Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer      Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin   Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
The Fallen:
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

Last edited:

XyleneCyanol

Diabloii.Net Member
It seems LK does not want me to leave. It took me a while to get this piece for Fishie:

Code:
Fishie's Chains of Honor
Dusk Shroud
DolUmBerIst
Defense: 659
Durability: 8 of 20
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 77
Fingerprint: 0xd80f9aff
Item Level: 79
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to All Skills
+200% Damage to Demons
+100% Damage to Undead
8% Life stolen per hit
+70% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +65
Damage Reduced by 8%
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Um Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune
I think Viper is also quite good, but I just feel she deserves a CoH. Also many skillers along the way, but none of them was Cold skiller.

Yesterday evening, Conqueror Fishie has reached lvl95:

Screenshot008 copy.jpg
To be honest, P8 CS in HC is just too dangerous for me, and I played very slowly.

Maybe I will get back to p3 AT and stay there for the rest of my life :p

Code:
Name (F)     Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
zticazzy     Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal       Eleanor         SC      Sorc      98.25          No         2945        431            5           -
NanoMist     Izuna           SC      Sin       98             No         2672        437            2         239
T72on1       Neverland       SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1594        394           11         148.5
PhineasB     Mercy           SC      Sin       96             Yes           -        361            9           -
hasuprotoss  Reina           SC      Sorc      95             Yes         894        316            -           -
XyleneCyanol Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
Tarantella   Tarasha         HC      Sorc      94             Yes           -          -            -           -
Reyz         Qty             SC      Sorc      92             No            -          -            -           -
PhineasB     Hiatus          SC      Sorc      92             Yes           -        305           13           -
Southpaw     Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
OldSoldier   Battleforge     HC      Pala      90             Yes           -        236            -           -
Qwernt       CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           -          -        Dont want to know
LiquidClear  Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
Lord Molyb   Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     84             No          104         87           16          idk
Gambit       Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
logo         Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
Darke Rahl   Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0           0
Zenigma      Gnosis          SC      Druid     61             No            -          -            -           -
ioupainmax   Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Lord Molyb   Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       50             No           12          9            0         idk
Zenigma      Ayura           SC      Barb      48             No            -          -            -           -
Kitteh       Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU          Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit       Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer      Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin   Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
The Fallen:
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Great progress @XyleneCyanol. I like the choice of the CoH!

I have a quick update to share an incredible run of drops for LK over the last hour. As mentioned in my last post, Hiatus turned to LK in the hopes of finding a few runes and upgrading charms. She picked up from her last batch of LK runs, which had stopped after finding 100 runes.

Not much to show on the charm front (only thing she may use is a 9% lightning resist small charm with faster hit recovery). And nothing above a Hel for the first 49 runes. Then rune #50 was a Pul, followed by a Sur at #53 (I picked it up thinking it was a Sol and then 1 second later realized it had ended with an "r," so I dropped it back on the ground for the screenshot), a Gul for #59, a Mal two runes later, and finally a Vex as rune #65.

So that stretch of 16 runes included 5 Pul+ runes, which was incredible.

I'm curious to get opinions on whether to replace The Oculus with a HoTo. I think Hiatus would miss the 50% magic find from Oculus when she returns to AT, but the teleport was really annoying, particularly with the skeleton mages. And with a good resist roll on HoTo, she could swap out some resist charms for magic find small charms to make up some of the difference.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Congrats PhineasB. Finding 5 such runes in 16 runes is really great. Actually I first read '5 runes in 16 runs', which would have been even better, but still :).

I'd go with the HoTo for sure. The Teleport on the Oculus indeed can be annoying, and the stats on HoTo usually allow for a lot more gear flexibility.

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the quick responses. Hiatus finished up the set of 100 runes. Rune #91 was Vex #2. She then rolled her new weapon (too bad resists weren't better) and is going to test it out in AT.

Edit: First unique drop in AT was a Phaseblade, and it turned out to be an Azurewrath. The first one of these I've found, which brings it to grail -10 between my 7x7 project and both 99ers.

Last edited:

NanoMist

Diabloii.Net Member
Minor update!

Very little worth mentioning in terms of drops. Vex and cold life skiller. Finally got +life on the 8th cold skiller.

Death sentry taking out all the monsters around Nihlathak is netting me a few percentage points more exp. per run, so that helps. Maybe 5%?

Code:
NanoMist     Izuna           SC      Sin       98.2           No         3180        442            3         263
XyleneCyanol Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
The Fallen:
Code:

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
It's funny to hear it's a minor update, while in terms of time spent it's probably a bigger update than going from let's say 85 - 90 ;).

Good job, keep it up. No NDE's?

NanoMist

Diabloii.Net Member
True, I'd say the time spent was almost equivalent to 96 - 97.
No NDE's after that early death a while ago, but a total of 3 or 4 aborted runs so far. Amp + 20 vipers everywhere = abort game. I wasn't even going to wait for the NDE to happen, considering it's only a few frames until actual death.

Vildecor

Diabloii.Net Member
I finally got caught up on my reading in this thread and it has been quite a ride! Congrats to @zticazzy on that super fast 98-99 run (and sweet video). Good job also to all the rest of you that have been grinding it out as well. Your progress is very inspirational. So much, in fact, that I may be tagging along with a LF zon at some point. I've already started her, but I still have yet to decide if I really, really, really want to do the whole grind or not.

Keep it up!

Pb_pal

Diabloii.Net Member
Eleanor has made it halfway!

Really not much to talk about, other than a couple adjustments made to running. I've stopped picking up any S/U that aren't grailers, in the interest of saving time. They aren't dropping super often anyway, but it helps keep the runs much more streamlined if I don't have to try to get in there and pick up yet another cathans ring. Also, the risk of trying to get in there for some random S/U is simply not worth it.

I thought I'd talk a bit about what causes me to abort a run, just in case others are curious.

Definitely aborted:
- Nihl unbreakable CI + LE (simply not worth the time it takes for Nova to kill him)

50/50 aborted (depending on mood or monster spawns)
- Nihl unbreakable CI + Magic Resistant (depends on how I'm feeling at the time)
- Nihl unbreakable CI + Might/Fanaticism (this depends on monster spawns/densities. If Vipers and/or Witches, there's a good chance I'll skip it)

Other situations which require extra care:
- Nihl is Cursed + Might/Fanat (if vipers or witches, I'm out)
- Might/Fanat or Cursed by themselves AND Vipers or Witches (I'll typically still do these runs unless there are abnormal densities of these guys)

That's about it. All other combinations I will typically complete the runs, despite Eleanor being quite fragile you do get the hang of where the real danger is down there after a while.

She hasn't found anything noteworthy since last update, but she hasn't died either so I'd say that's a fair trade!

Happy running folks. :)

--

Code:
Pb_pal       Eleanor         SC      Sorc      98.50          No         3064        437            5           -
NanoMist     Izuna           SC      Sin       98.2           No         3180        442            3         263
The Fallen:
Code:

MizzouFTW

Diabloii.Net Member
What build are you using? I see you've utilized Nova. What's your +CM? I really like the idea of Nova for a rarely used backup skill for quick targets like Nihl. I'm thinking about maybe +1 in CM and letting +skills take it all the way up to 17 (+3 DF/+2 NW/+1Battle Command/+2 sorc amu/+1 arach/+2 COH/+1 SOJ/+2 Spirit/+skillers). You get 14 from gear alone. This would allow me to put 16 hard points into Nova or Lightning Mastery, whichever adds more damage.

Does anyone see any flaw in my thinking here?

Pb_pal

Diabloii.Net Member
What build are you using? I see you've utilized Nova. What's your +CM? I really like the idea of Nova for a rarely used backup skill for quick targets like Nihl. I'm thinking about maybe +1 in CM and letting +skills take it all the way up to 17 (+3 DF/+2 NW/+1Battle Command/+2 sorc amu/+1 arach/+2 COH/+1 SOJ/+2 Spirit/+skillers). You get 14 from gear alone. This would allow me to put 16 hard points into Nova or Lightning Mastery, whichever adds more damage.

Does anyone see any flaw in my thinking here?
I'm using a pretty standard Blova build.
20 in Blizz/Ice Blast/Nova/Lightning Mastery
8 hard points in CM (enough to get to -125 as per the discussion in this guide)
the rest (13 so far, will be 14 in the end) in Ice Bolt to synergize Ice Blast

Could I get away with less in CM? Probably for Nihl, as I don't use much Ice Blast against him. I wouldn't want any less if I was going to run any other targets though, as it compromises Ice Blasts power too much. I honestly doubt I'd notice the difference if I had the extra 5 or so points in bolt right now as a a synergy, so I've left them as is.

As for Nova as a backup skill, I wouldn't do it unless you're going to invest the 40 points into both Nova and Mastery unless you're rocking some serious lightning gear (Griffon's for example, and definitely an Infinity merc). Mine are both at 33, and Nova is by no means a super fast killer at /p8, although I am satisfied with it's speed as a backup killer.

Zenigma

Diabloii.Net Member
So....uh.... I've been behind on posting....
But you should (likely) fear not! For I have made some fairly decent progress! I definitely stopped playing again for about six weeks, but some exciting things happened right before I stopped and now, after I started up again.

I'll update with gear and take my progress later, because I'm on my phone right now, but to briefly update, Gnosis made his way to hell before I took my break, and Ayura has been carving a path through nm since late last week. Both have some interesting gear, and Ayura has been some fair finds. While questing, Ayura made use of lower player settings in several areas, bumping it back up here and there. He's currently running nm Mephy and has found at least one piece of gear he'll take with himself through the rest of his journeys.

Things are moving along nicely on both fronts, so I'm glad I've finally posted this update, haha