The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

sanguillen

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, that was a lot of cubing, @sanguillen! On losing the map vs a good Pit map is there much you need from LK? If you're going to do a lot of Pit runs you'll get at least some runes from there.
Good question. That Death War Spike I created will be my end-game weapon, save for if a Lo rune ever drops. But even then, with Death already hitting 4 fpa Zeal, I would consider just putting a Lo into a Fortitude to replace the Treachery Embossed Plate I'm currently wearing, instead of switching to Grief. So to answer that question, I don't anticipate grinding LK runs at the moment just to find that Lo (or the materials to cube up to it), so I guess I might as well roll a more amenable route to the Pits and possibly Ancient Tunnels. Thanks! :D

sanguillen

Diabloii.Net Member
@AlexTheNextOne - To me, your weapon and your amulet would be the first two items to try and upgrade. What is your current rune situation like? Do you have the runes to make an Oath? That would represent a pretty significant damage upgrade right there, with little-to-no loss in attack speed. As far as the ammy goes, gamble....gamble....gamble. Or craft....craft....craft. Given that Duriel's Shell is your only source of Cannot Be Frozen, I'd be loathe to switch that out until you find a Ravenfrost ring or something, so I'd focus on the above two.

I do see that your stash is rather lacking in charms, and that is reflected in your Life of 1040. If you try some LK runs to try and find the Mal and/or Pul needed for Oath, then you can also pick up all the charms that drop as well. A TON of them drop, and you'd be amazed how quickly your Life will increase as a result. So this might be what I would try first, and then graduate to the Pits....

Reactions: Zyr

AlexTheNextOne

Diabloii.Net Member
@sanguillen - Thanks, I forgot there's also LK to try out. My rune situation is pretty bad, I only have a Lum, Lem, Fal, and a few Shaels, so that's the easy half of Oath out of the way. What kind of eth weapon would I put that in?

I do actually already have a Raven Frost, so what would be a better armor option? I did just find a normal Archon Plate, maybe I should use the socket recipe on it?

sanguillen

Diabloii.Net Member
@sanguillen - Thanks, I forgot there's also LK to try out. My rune situation is pretty bad, I only have a Lum, Lem, Fal, and a few Shaels, so that's the easy half of Oath out of the way. What kind of eth weapon would I put that in?

I do actually already have a Raven Frost, so what would be a better armor option? I did just find a normal Archon Plate, maybe I should use the socket recipe on it?
That Lem you have is key to a couple of different avenues that come to mind at the moment:

1) Use the Lem to make Treachery armor for yourself, and put on the Ravenfrost. The Fade that procs helps reduce physical damage received, and that 45% IAS allows you much greater flexibility weapon-wise in terms of still reaching 4 fpa Zeal. You can figure out exactly what you need here: http://diablo3.ingame.de/diablo-2/calculatoren/angriffsgeschwindigkeit/?lang=en

2) Save the Lem and hope that an Ist drops, to make Delirium helm for your merc. The Confuse triggers a LOT, which gives you a crowd-control mechanism that is otherwise lacking with Paladins. In this case, you could also use your Lum and Fal (presuming you have a Hel rune too) to make a Lionheart Armor, which would be a big boost to your Life, and also boost your Strength (damage) and Dexterity (AR, blocking). Here again, equip the Ravenfrost for added AR and blocking boost. In this case, you could skip the Delirium part for now and proceed with the other stuff too if you want.

Just some stuff to mull over. :)

RIP

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, i've decided give it a last try...It seems, that four deaths are not enough for old stubborn man :D

So meet Diana, mighty physical based bowazon (Multishot, Guided arrow, Penetrate, Critical strike and Decoy to be maxed), holding a last hope against countless minions of Hell

Edit: And thanks once again to everyone for kind words :)

Tatterson

Diabloii.Net Member
Ever since finding that Lightsabre, Hell has been going rather swimmingly. Offensively, Orion has become a high-powered buzzsaw (as opposed to a low-powered buzzsaw? I guess they're high-powered to begin with?) that's cutting through nearly everything he comes across, save for Stone Skin PIs, which takes a bit of time. The Life Tap wand advice was great, as well.

View attachment 11575

Hell Mephisto was a relative breeze, it was actually the slog through the Durance, particularly level 2, that was the tougher task here. Or until Bremm Sparkfist spawns again with some kind of FE/LE/Conviction combo that strikes fear into the hearts of men.

I have a few questions about going forward at this point. While I feel confident I can continue through to Act IV right away, I'm wondering what my options are, and if I should gear up, and if so, where.

View attachment 11576

Here's what I'm rocking right now, and it's been serving me well (except YOU, 73 lightning resist *eye twitch*). Lightsabre (dog bless that ignore target defense), Ancient's Pledge akaran rondache, Duriel's Shell, Guillaume's, The Mahim Oak Curio amulet (not much luck with amulet drops, honestly), Lava Gout gloves, good ol' trusty Tearhaunch, String of Ears, Raven Frost, and a rare ring with 5% life leech, +7 all resists, and a hefty +15 to Dexterity. Block chance is about 60-63, and my ever-impatient merc is rocking a Vamp Gaze, Duriel's Shell, and an Arioc's Needle, for lack of a better weapon.

Now, considering the following:

View attachment 11577

That's a pretty short distance to the Durance level 3, and has me questioning what to do from here. Should I try running Hell Meph to gear up, after finding some kind of item that gives me Teleport charges? What's the best way to find such an item? I would really love to be able to avoid the council members on the third floor.

Or should I try out some level 85 areas/The Countess instead? I figure I could rip through places like The Pit and The Countess's tower at this point, and get some decent runes in the process. Sure, having to walk everywhere sucks, but that's Paladin life.

OR, do I just continue on to Act IV + V and get that Pat?
Teleport staff. I think theyre easiest to shop at act 3 normal?

Areas to run: Meph, Andy and LK. I would reroll that durance map for a better one if you wanna run it for +100 runs.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
@RIP Good luck !!! I admire your dedication.

@AlexTheNextOne I would use that Lem for a Treachery Armor for now. As for which area to run, there are a few options. You could run Meph, but as Tatterson says, in that case reroll until the exit is only one left turn from the waypoint. But I think you'll find better upgrades in the form of runewords, so there's not that much to find at Meph (other than Gores and Laying of Hands probably, but you'll find these eventually).

When it comes to runes, LK is probably your best bet. Having said that, I'm doing that with a Paladin myself right now, and find it very, very boring, and that is with maxed Vigor. So instead you could try running Council if that works for you. Otherwise, push for xp for now and hope the right runes drop eventually. In that respect I'd go to Pits or push through to Act 5 and do Pindle runs on the highest player setting you can handle at decent speed.

As to which items to look for as upgrade ... Like I said, make Treachery with the Lem. It will give you so much flexibility, due to the ias, but also the hidden DR% and the big resist all when Fade procs (which should be all the time). That way you can ditch the Ancient's Pledge and make Rhyme in a Paladin Shield instead for faster blocking and increased block chance, as well as res all and some MF. The main switch you want is, as already pointed out, to switch the weapon for an Oath first and ultimely Grief. Grief goes in a Phase Blade, Oath you should run the numbers for different weapons in the attack speed calculator. Obviously definitely in an ethereal weapon, since it has the indestructible property.

Gynli

Diabloii.Net Member
@AlexTheNextOne I don't know about zeal breakpoints, but eth Berserker Axe has always been the most recommended one for Oath. To be honest though, I'll be happy with any eth elite base for the time being. Pick your favourite and by the time you get sick of it, you should have Grief ready to go. :)

@RIP also, I'll just quietly recommend that you go for 1 point in Strafe and higher MA with low(er) GA. Damage gain from + skills in GA is negligible and you need a PI solution until you get Atma/Reapers. Even with Atma, MS is bad at proccing anything, strafe is nice for trying to proc Amp against a group of mobs with a PI boss, and MA when there's only the boss left alive.

Last edited:

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice @ffs - hope things continue to go smoothly for Ric. And really great progress @Bewitch - very impressive to move through this last level so quickly. Keep things safe over the last stretch!

It's really nice to have company through the last stretch. Speaking of which . . . Phaedrus made his way to the summit:
Summit.jpg
To check out the view and make sure he knew how to get there. :p He’s a little past three-quarters of the way through the level, at 3.450B. With Ancients quest reward, just at 30M left to go!

Drops over the last quarter level slowed down compared to first half, but still quite some nice ones due to volume of runs involved. In terms of drops meriting screen shots (at this point), things started off nicely with Sur #4, then a big dry spell before the Cham posted in find item thread fell to complete his rune drop grail just from 98-99:
98 (Cham #1).jpg
Gul #6 fell shortly after, followed by Ohm #2 and Mal #4. Then we picked up Metalgrid to complete unique amulet drops for Phaedrus, and another dry streak before BKWB (his second), as an upgrade. It threw off his gear symmetry, but the +life relative to SoJ is worth it and brings him back close to 3700 HP with Battle Orders active. His final meaningful drop was Jah #2 (from Diablo, feeling generous after the Zod), which was nice:
98 (Jah #2).jpg
Mixed in were Pul #7-9 and Um #3. There were lots of other S/Us—another set corona, Medusa’s x3, HHG, Spirit Keeper, Messerschmidt’s axe, multiple unique pelts and barb helms , another IK armor, multiple Arkaine’s, another Horizon’s, and Fleshripper. The highlight was this, my overall first eth one:
Code:
Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 378
Durability: 21 of 21
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 48
Fingerprint: 0x1de88cdb
Item Level: **
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
Adds 6 - 22 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
7% Mana stolen per hit
8% Life stolen per hit
+100% Enhanced Defense
15% Slower Stamina Drain
Damage Reduced by 20%
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
Ethereal
Which made me look at my stashes and presented an interesting data point. There are some items that I always picked up from the start of this restart, no matter how many I had in the stash, due to possibility of improving overall rolls. Vamp was one of them, others were War Travelers and Reaper’s. I stopped picking up the regular Vamp Gazes sometime during Hiatus’ journey. There were 24 in the my overall stash (a consolidated project in GoMule that I use to check grail status), before this eth one. I have not stopped picking up Reaper’s Toll, and we are at 47 without an eth one. What are the odds of that?

Anyhow, to round things out, the nice charms and rares from this stretch are in the spoiler:
Code:
Ruby Grand Charm of Balance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 22
Fingerprint: 0x4877a88e
Unidentified
+12% Faster Hit Recovery
Fire Resist +29%

Steel Grand Charm of Balance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 41
Fingerprint: 0x85571867
Unidentified
+12% Faster Hit Recovery
+129 to Attack Rating

Sounding Grand Charm of Balance
Grand Charm
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0xfac96dcd
Unidentified
+1 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only)
+12% Faster Hit Recovery

Fine Small Charm of Balance
Small Charm
Required Level: 29
Fingerprint: 0xfb11ee09
Item Level: 85
Unidentified
+5% Faster Hit Recovery
+3 to Maximum Damage
+20 to Attack Rating

Fine Small Charm of Inertia
Small Charm
Required Level: 27
Fingerprint: 0xf4a84ca7
Unidentified
+3% Faster Run/Walk
+3 to Maximum Damage
+18 to Attack Rating

Arcing Small Charm of Shock
Small Charm
Required Level: 57
Fingerprint: 0x915ce398
Unidentified
Adds 2 - 44 Lightning Damage
Sadly, we are still on 3 pally combat skillers. He picked up two more offensive aura skillers and another defensive, which was a bummer that it didn’t roll to the other skill tree. Oh well.

Progress-wise, he went to p7-p1-p7 with p1 switch before de Seis and back to p7 for Vizier for almost this entire stretch. After a near death in the 3.42B range from convicted Infector and being not fully focused, we went to p1-p7 when I was a bit tired or distracted, for the extra safety. XP/hr was close to 2.5M (probably averaging 2.45M) when focused, but I wasn’t pushing things too hard so it was likely lower than that overall.

He was still hitting boss packs along the way, with a disappointing zero unique TC87s for this entire quarter level. The last 2M to hit 3.450B skipped boss packs, which sped things up a bit.

I think we’ll go back to hitting boss packs, hoping for a grailer in the last 30M even if it’s slightly longer than otherwise. I thought he might finish up this weekend with the extra day due to Monday holiday here. But it looks like we'll be able to go backpacking instead, which is nice. So it may not be until next weekend that Phaedrus pings the final level. But he is close!

Good luck to all the other runners!

Hall of Fame
Rich (BB code):
Forumite         Character        SC/HC  Class  Level  Exp   Date        E/S  S/U   Grail  Deaths  Hours
---------------  ---------------  -----  -----  -----  ----  ----------  ---  ----  -----  ------  -----
zticazzy         Perkele          SC     Barb   99     3.52  2016-07-12  No      -      -       -      -
Pb_pal           Eleanor          SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2016-11-09  No   3068    437       5      -
NanoMist         Izuna            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2016-12-25  No   5109    470       4    360
PhineasB         Mercy            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2017-05-23  Yes     -    475      11      -
PhineasB         Hiatus           SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2017-12-25  Yes     -    471      21      -
ffs              HelpYourself     SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2018-04-29  Yes     -    447       -      -
Neksja           Aura             SC     Pala   99     3.52  2018-08-08  Yes     -    481       -      -
Yng              Sophie           SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2018-08-26  Yes     -      -      10   <300
T72on1           Neverland        SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2018-10-21  Yes  lots    483      13    350+
Questing Heroes
Rich (BB code):
Forumite         Character        SC/HC  Class  Level  Exp   Date        E/S  S/U   Grail  Deaths  Hours
---------------  ---------------  -----  -----  -----  ----  ----------  ---  ----  -----  ------  -----
Bewitch          itssoftcore      SC     Sorc   98     3.46  2018-07-02  Yes     -      -       -      -
PhineasB         Phaedrus         SC     Pala   98.75  3.50  2018-11-6   Yes     -    396      13      -
ffs              Ric              SC     Necro  98.2   3.28  2018-11-05  Yes     -      -       -      -
darkstarhub      Neptune          SC     Sorc   97     2.96  2018-07-23  Yes     -    470       -      -
PhineasB         Pestilence       SC     Necro  96     2.84  2018-07-31  Yes     -      -       -      -
Pb_pal           Klaus            HC     Druid  96     2.84  2018-10-18  Yes     -      -       -      -
Ashenshugar      Natur            SC     Druid  96     2.71  2018-04-24  Yes  2529      -       -      -
Gynli            Amazon           SC     Ama    96     2.71  2018-06-14  Yes     -      -       -      -
CrustyRusty      Space_Oddity     SC     Ama    95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Bewitch          Mayhem           SC     Barb   95     2.49  2018-09-13  Yes     -      -       -      -
PhineasB         Quinta           SC     Ama    93     2.17  2018-09-08  Yes     -    328       2      -
Zenigma          Ayura            SC     Barb   93     2.12  2018-09-08  No      -      -       -      -
Hutton           Terrahork        HC     Barb   93     0.00  2018-09-15  Yes     -      -       -      -
Potent           Challenge(CL)    SC     Sorc   92     1.96  2018-07-30  no      -      -       -      -
Trapin'          ceegee           SC     Pala   92     1.92  2018-08-16  No      -      -       -      -
Zenigma          Gnosis           SC     Druid  91     1.79  2018-04-26  No      -      -       -      -
Neksja           Aurora           SC     Sorc   90     1.70  2018-09-08  Yes     -    215       -      -
Lord Molybdenum  Verisimilitude   SC     Ama    90     1.62  2018-06-02  No     98     77       3      -
T72on1           ShouldBeEasy     HC     Pala   90     1.62  2018-09-20  Yes    78     66      NA     55
sanguillen       GordonChen-UT    HC     Necro  89     1.49  2018-09-08  Yes     -      -       -      -
Quinneczech      Blackwell        HC     Barb   87     1.29  2018-09-12  -       -      -       0      -
Lord Molybdenum  Cruise_Control   SC     Necro  87     1.25  2018-06-02  No    128    101      22      -
Burgomaster3     Hastur           SC     Druid  86     1.14  2018-07-02  Yes     -      -       -      -
DaveW            Long_Term        SC     Sorc   84     0.97  2018-05-02  Yes Heaps      -    Lots     30+
Kitteh           Gwynt            HC     Druid  83           2018-10-28  Yes     -      -       -      -
sanguillen       DirkStruan-UT    HC     Pala   82     0.84  2018-09-25  Yes     -      -       -      -
Xul's Gull       Xul              HC     Necro  81     0.74  2018-03-26  No      -      -       -      -
Vildecor         Trina            SC     Ama    80     0.68  2018-06-07  Yes     -      -       0      -
ioupainmax       Durnik           SC     Pala   79     0.63  2018-06-28  Yes   177    111       0      -
Klonki           Dualizt_Ann      SC     Sorc   74     0.40  2018-09-29  Yes     -     37       1     15+
AlexTheNextOne   Orion            SC     Pala   58     0.00  2018-07-22  No      -      -       -      -
Burton Roberts   Arizona          SC     Ama    56     0.08  2018-06-12  No      -      -      15     38
Lord Molybdenum  Essa             SC     Sorc   55     0.08  2018-06-02  No     20     19       5      -
kstuart          Nena             SC     Sorc   52     0.06  2018-10-28  Yes     -      -       -      -
Pijus            AGoodBoy         HC     Druid  45     0.00  2018-05-29  Yes     -      -       -      -
DaveHutt         Alice            SC     Ama    13     0.00  2018-05-18  Yes     -      -       1      -
MizzouFTW        Hocus            HC     Sorc   01     0.00  2018-10-28  Yes     -      -       -      -
Resting Heroes

Rich (BB code):
hasuprotoss      Reina            SC     Sorc   97     2.96  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1751    384       -      -
Tarantella       Tarasha          HC     Sorc   96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Grim             Furious_Blonde   SC     Ama    96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
XyleneCyanol     Fishie           HC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
ThomasJohnsen    xInTheBuffx      HC     Sorc   95     2.49  2017-03-31  Yes     -      -       -      -
NamelessPenguin  Rockatansky      SC     Barb   95     2.49  2017-12-14  Yes     -      -       -      -
Dezrok           Salome           SC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   792    318       -      -
Reyz             Qty              SC     Sorc   93     2.10  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
Me2Nik           Fugu             HC     Ama    93     2.10  2018-02-05  Yes    80      -       -      -
Chaostar         Prairie          SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   659    261      12    126
OldSoldier       Battleforge      HC     Pala   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    236       -      -
kyndig           DrearyAura       HC     Sorc   91     1.76  2018-02-20  Yes     -      -       -      -
tokerdin         tokeress         SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Southpaw         Njord            SC     Druid  90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Qwernt           CanbeOnlyBlizz   SC     Sorc   90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?      ?
MercMan          Este             SC     Ama    90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1212    278       2      ?
Lynchgrinch      Tattersail       SC     Sorc   89     1.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    321       ?      ?
LiquidClear      Sally            SC     Sin    **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   225      -       1      -
liquid_mage      zDadColdSorc     SC     Sorc   **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    160       -      -
Neksja           Turirao          SC     Druid  87     1.25  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   191    124       5      -
Gladstone        Socrates         HC     Druid  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  -       -      -       -      -
Smittyphi        TheLongRun       SC     Sorc   85     1.11  2018-05-28  Yes    30      -     Yes      -
hackedagainanda  Hugo             HC     Necro  85     1.05  2017-12-17  Yes     -      -       -      -
Naturallog       Athos            HC     Barb   84     0.96  YYYY-MM-DD  No    159    105       0      -
Qwernt           AmaAgainstAll    SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Gambit           Mallenroh        SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
Lord Molybdenum  But_Why          SC     Sin    81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  No     55     51      53      -
aarrgus          Acala            SC     Barb   80     0.68  2017-12-30  Yes     -      -       5      -
Jean Avila       SpeedAdict       SC     Ama    77     0.52  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -     50
logoutzero       Digimon          HC     Necro  76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes    85     65       0      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Rayne            SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   195    140       -      ?
Gripphon         Ryu              SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?     13
Darke Rahl       Bells            HC     Ama    74     0.40  YYYY-MM-DD  No     19      -       0      -
Smittyphi        SliceNDice       SC     Sin    70     0.30  2018-03-27  Yes    15      -       6      -
Xul's Gull       Araphel          HC     Necro  60     0.12  2017-12-21  No      -      -       -      -
Sleepybear123    Rob_theBarb      HC     Barb   50     0.05  2018-01-06  Yes     -      -       -     10
TrU              Henryk           SC     Barb   41     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -      22     12
Gambit           Colossus         SC     Pala   39     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
Smancer          Smancer          SC     Necro  26     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     1      -       -      -
drmalawi         Liv              SC     Sorc   24     0.00  2018-05-01  Yes     -      -       0      -
RIP              Espada           HC     Necro  24     0.00  2018-06-01  Yes     -     13       -      -
BKC              FearsomeFreddie  SC     Necro  23     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Ergroilnin       Erilinda         HC     Sorc   20     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -

The Fallen
Rich (BB code):
RIP              Kaira_II         HC     Sin    95     2.55  2018-09-06  Yes     -    399       -      -
Bewitch          itsreal          HC     Sorc   87     1.xx  2018-04-24  No      -      -       -      -
MizzouFTW        Pure             HC     Necro  86     1.15  2018-01-10  Yes     -      -       1      -
Vildecor         Celia            HC     Ama    84     0.99  2018-05-30  Yes   125     97       1      -
coju             NintyNine_orRiP  HC     Sorc   81     0.74  2016-04-07  Yes     -      -       1      -
RIP              Attila           HC     Barb   78     0.59  2018-09-26  Yes     -     73       -      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Valus            HC     Barb   76     0.48  2016-10-27  Yes     -      -       1      -
Pb_pal           Stevesy          HC     Pala   76     0.48  2017-06-19  Yes     -      -       1      -
weezaard         Cypher           SC     Druid  66     0.00  2018-02-21  Yes     -      -      20+     -
Tenecabo         OldShatterhand   HC     Druid  49     0.04  2016-06-16  Yes     -      0       1      -
Pijus            Pyrestarter      HC     Druid  36     0.00  2018-05-21  Yes     -      -       1      -
coju             fB               HC     Sorc   29     0.00  2016-04-09  Yes     1      1       1      2
Kitteh           Verallus         HC     Druid  26     0.00  2016-03-25  No      -      -       1      -
logoutzero       Rolex            HC     Barb   21     0.00  2016-03-26  Yes     0      0       1      1

Last edited:

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
@AlexTheNextOne Any elite one hander probably. At least one that fits into your current strength / dex points. BA is always nice, but other ones should work as well.

@PhineasB Very nice !!! Good luck on the final stretch. Your posts always make me want to start doing CS runs with my Hammerdin as well. Unfortunately that last Sur or Ber refuses to drop for ShouldBeEasy. I'm currently at 3200 LK runs, and iirc my previous Sur dropped before the 2000 mark. I can't complain though, as statistically I'm still ahead of the amount of runs needed to make Enigma. Wait, did I just say that? Of course I can complain. Because complaining always helps :rolleyes:.

sanguillen

Diabloii.Net Member
@AlexTheNextOne , I agree with @Gynli and @T72on1 regarding the base - between ethereal weapon bases that drop with no sockets (that you thus have to cube) and ethereal weapon bases with exactly 4 sockets, I think it would be prudent to use the first one you can get (assuming you have the runes for Oath at that point). The way I understand the attack speed calculator for one-handed weapons:

Code:
FPA          10           0          -10          -30
5            19           7            0            0
4            86          60           40           11
These are all based on lvl 20 Fanatacism, with 5 & 4 being the Frames Per Attack, 10, 0, and -10 being the Weapon Speed Modifiers, and the six numbers being the minimum total IAS (on or off-weapon, it doesn't matter which) you would need to hit that FPA. Your Lightsabre already comes with 20% IAS on it, so you're already over the 11% IAS required to achieve 4 FPA without needing any other IAS. Oath comes with 50% on it, so any weapon with a WSM of -10 would get you to 4 FPA. A Berserker Axe has a WSM of 0, so any gloves with even 10% IAS would do it for you (or one IAS jewel socketed into a shield, helm, or body armor).

One note about Berserker Axes - the way I understand it, they are the only one-handed melee weapon with a range of 2 (the others being either 0 or 1). This helps you reach more monsters with your Zeal swings, reducing the number of "single swing whiffs" you might notice you see/hear when attacking (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Also, for those weapons with WSM of 10 - at lvl 23 Fanaticism, the IAS needed to achieve 4 FPA drops from 86 to 83%. That is not insignificant when you consider Oath gives you 50% and gloves will generally give you 20%, because all of a sudden you're only one IAS jewel away from 4 FPA....