The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Nice progress everyone!

@T72on1 Good luck with the Hammerdin, though I must admit it would be pretty funny to see a character named "ShouldBeEasy" end up all the way at the bottom of "The Fallen" -- so I don't know at which point I'll be starting to root for him! :D

Very nice to see some more gameplay vids! @Yng it's strange how you seem to also have that S&E lag, but the game seems to run super fast otherwise. Seems I actually had some delays in comparison when switching areas... but I'll gladly take the "not having the S&E lag" of course. :p

Yng

Diabloii.Net Member
@ffs yea it’s usually 2-3 seconds but sometimes it’s ~5 seconds randomly which is really frustrating. IIRC it was one second or better leaving from Act 4 when I was running CS. Someone in my stream chat commented that it could be glide so I’ll try some soon without it but I don’t think that’s the issue.

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
@ffs Yes, obviously there could be quite some irony in the name I have given him, but I hope it will turn out well :).

I shouldn't be doing this until I get to the later stages of the game with him, but since I can't help it ... what do other people with more experience than me when it comes to Hammerdins (about everybody, I guess :p) think about the best way to level him and play him at the later stages?

Skills are obvious for a Hammerdin, but I'm thinking that getting a few points in HS asap is very important because it's HC. Right now I don't think it's worth it to max that skill right away, but I'm not sure. Next to that, I guess it's 1 point in Concentration, then max BH asap? After that, Concentration or Vigor first?

As to gear, is the 125% fcr breakpoint something I should really aim for? Or is the next breakpoint good enough, and should I focus my gear on my defensive stats and +skills first? Also, I'll obviously have to rely on what I find in the first place, but if I would find a HoZ, is that better than Spirit, since it's HC? Same for Reaper's: if I find one, is the added safety preferable over the convenience of Insight? I actually wouldn't have thought about this option, assuming Insight is the way to go, but I noticed that @Kitteh used it.

As to the leveling it shouldn't be too hard: get to normal Pindle asap, level until 40-45, rinse and repeat in NM until 70-75, then proceed to Hell. At least, that's the route I'd take in SC, with most other chars. I don't know if Hammerdins are any good vs Pindle to be honest, but I assume they are.

Then in Hell it's getting to LK asap, roll a good map, be happy that Vigor is maxed because it's a BH synergy, and grind for CtA, HotO and Enigma. When acquiring the first two, I can even proceed and run other targets if I get bored of LK I assume. Thanks to maxed Vigor I should still be able to run other areas at a decent pace as well, unless merc not being able to keep up with me is a problem.

Somewhere along the way, I might also try my luck at Hell Meph, in search of Shako and especially Arachnid's.

So yeah, that's where I currently am as far as theorycrafting goes. Like I said, I probably shouldn't be thinking ahead so much, as it might be a curse on my HC character, but I can't help it.

Btw, currently I'm leveling ShouldBeEasy as a Holy Fire Zealot, since I think that is the easiest way to start out untwinked. I plan to respec once I have a few points into BH though, or until I get my hands on an Insight for the merc, if Holy Fire is still strong enough to keep until then. Early leveling gear consists of Stealth, Steel, probably Lore and Rhyme when I'm a bit further down the road. He is currently level 16.5 and has killed Andariel. I'll throw in some pics when I have more of an update. At this moment, RFL still comes first obviously.

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
@T72on1 sounds like a solid plan! There are 99er Hammerdin experts here with @Kitteh and @PhineasB who can surely help out a lot! Just my 2 cents:
  • IMO 125% FCR is definitely worth it and not too hard to achieve untwinked with e.g. Hoto, Arach, gloves, Spirit and either amulet or ring. Spirit has great stats also, good block and good resists in a suitable base, so I wouldn't necessarily consider HoZ to be that much superior defensively (and HoZ doesn't drop that often either). If you're unlucky with Arach (as I now seem to be with Ric, beginning to feel @PhineasB's pain in the past in that regard), you still have other options. Apart from the obvious FCR rings and craft amulets you can also craft FCR belts with good stats.
  • He is so great for CS, I'd say basically as soon as you're tanky enough for it and probably all the way till the end. Unless you want to respec for Nihl in HC. ;) There are little other options also: Pits and AT are kind of narrow and Baal has those Magic Immunes; yes they can be taken down with Holy Bolt but it's tedious. But that's not a bad thing at all given how good CS is.
  • I'd also shoot for high level HS, took that route also for my SC Hammerdin.
  • For SC I definitely prefer Insight over Reaper's. But maybe in untwinked HC and running CS Reaper's makes sense? No idea. Though when running 2 seals and skipping De Seis, I'd think Decrepify is not required for safety at least until 98 when probably P1/P7 CS runs become most efficient. But that's thinking far ahead indeed. :)

Yng

Diabloii.Net Member
@T72on1 Reaper’s with Guillaume’s is going to speed up your Diablo kill time a bit for 98-99 P1/P7 runs but you should be running Vizier/Infector + packs nearby until then and honestly unless you’re positioning poorly for De Seis seal he’s really not an issue to the point where you need Reaper’s for him, particularly for P1. With that said, it’s HC, and positioning mistakes do happen so perhaps it’s just better to “have it and not need it” considering you’re not super Insight reliant anyway.

Spirit is a much better shield option than HoZ IMO, especially considering how good 9 frame casting is.

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
The only problem that I ever had in CS was De Seis, and I liked having decrepify, but even then it was my merc in danger, not me. The runs are really very safe so long as you pay attention. My spare points at the end went into HS because there was nothing else that I really benefited from. I guess you could go for some extra max resist. Also, less in dex = more life, although I can't remember how much dexterity I actually needed for max block in the end.

Keep in mind that I was doing P8 full clears for a large portion of Fordyl's journey, and then swapped to P1/P7. The primary reason that I used Reaper's was that I simply didn't need Insight, so the decrepify was an extra bit of safety (I often had my eyes on youtube whilst playing if I'm honest :p).

As far as faster cast rate is concerned, definitely go for 125fcr, and thus spirit. Unless you have a nice 2/20 amulet and want to use Wizardspike I guess.

Vildecor

Diabloii.Net Member
So...

Came back to D2 again after yet another break. Seems like the runner I had going got deleted at some point, dunno why. So I've started her up again, though I'll be going HC instead.

Someone lock the SPF door so that I can't leave again. :p

Code:
Forumite         Character        SC/HC  Class  Level  Exp   Date        E/S  S/U   Grail  Deaths  Hours
---------------  ---------------  -----  -----  -----  ----  ----------  ---  ----  -----  ------  -----
zticazzy         Perkele          SC     Barb   99     3.52  2016-07-12  No      -      -       -      -
Pb_pal           Eleanor          SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2016-11-09  No   3068    437       5      -
NanoMist         Izuna            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2016-12-25  No   5109    470       4    360
PhineasB         Mercy            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2017-05-23  Yes     -    475      11      -
PhineasB         Hiatus           SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2017-12-25  Yes     -    471      21      -
ffs              HelpYourself     SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2018-04-29  Yes     -    447       -      -
Questing Heroes
Code:
Forumite         Character        SC/HC  Class  Level  Exp   Date        E/S  S/U   Grail  Deaths  Hours
---------------  ---------------  -----  -----  -----  ----  ----------  ---  ----  -----  ------  -----
T72on1           Neverland        SC     Sorc   98.38  3.34  2018-02-05  Yes  2190    477      13    300+
Yng              Sophie           SC     Sorc   98     3.22  2018-05-05  Yes     -      -       8      -
PhineasB         Phaedrus         SC     Pala   97.50  3.10  2018-05-06  Yes     -    341      13      -
darkstarhub      Neptune          SC     Sorc   96     2.72  2017-12-31  Yes     -    452       -      -
Ashenshugar      Natur            SC     Druid  96     2.71  2018-04-24  Yes  2529      -       -      -
Dezrok           Salome           SC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   792    318       -      -
Gynli            Amazon           SC     Ama    95     2.49  2017-02-23  Yes     -      -       ?      -
ffs              Ric              SC     Necro  94     2.29  2018-05-10  Yes     -      -       -      -
PhineasB         Pestilence       SC     Necro  94     2.28  2018-04-22  Yes     -      -       -      -
Me2Nik           Fugu             HC     Ama    93     2.10  2018-02-05  Yes    80      -       -      -
Zenigma          Ayura            SC     Barb   93     2.11  2018-04-26  No      -      -       -      -
CrustyRusty      Space_Oddity     SC     Ama    91     1.81  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
kyndig           DrearyAura       HC     Sorc   91     1.76  2018-02-20  Yes     -      -       -      -
RIP              Kaira_II         HC     Sin    89     1.48  2018-04-03  Yes     -    149       -      -
Zenigma          Gnosis           SC     Druid  89     1.56  2018-04-26  No      -      -       -      -
Bewitch          itssoftcore      SC     Sorc   **     1.47  2018-05-14  Yes     -      -       -      -
Pb_pal           Klaus            HC     Druid  87     1.24  2018-02-26  Yes     -      -       -      -
hackedagainanda  Hugo             HC     Necro  85     1.05  2017-12-17  Yes     -      -       -      -
Xul's Gull       Xul              HC     Necro  81     0.74  2018-03-26  No      -      -       -      -
aarrgus          Acala            SC     Barb   80     0.68  2017-12-30  Yes     -      -       5      -
ioupainmax       Durnik           SC     Pala   67     0.23  2017-12-29  Yes    87     61       0      -
Sleepybear123    Rob_theBarb      HC     Barb   50     0.05  2018-01-06  Yes     -      -       -     10
Smittyphi        TheLongRun       SC     Sorc   49     0.04  2018-05-12  Yes     4      -       2      -
Klonki           Dualizt_Ann      SC     Sorc   48     0.01  2018-02-24  Yes     -      8       -      9
drmalawi         Liv              SC     Sorc   24     0.00  2018-05-01  Yes     -      -       0      -
DaveW            Long_Term        SC     Sorc   23     0.00  2018-05-02  Yes     2      -       1      4
T72on1           ShouldBeEasy     HC     Paladin 1     0.00  2018-05-14  Yes     -      -       -      -
Vildecor         Celia            HC     Ama     1     0.00  2018-05-16  Yes     -      -       -      -
Resting Heroes
Code:
Forumite         Character        SC/HC  Cla   ss  Level  Exp   Date        E/S  S/U   Grail  Deaths  Hours
Neksja           Aura             SC     Pala   98.50  3.37  2017-03-16  Yes  8606    464       -      -
hasuprotoss      Reina            SC     Sorc   97     2.96  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1751    384       -      -
Tarantella       Tarasha          HC     Sorc   96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Grim             Furious_Blonde   SC     Ama    96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
XyleneCyanol     Fishie           HC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
ThomasJohnsen    xInTheBuffx      HC     Sorc   95     2.49  2017-03-31  Yes     -      -       -      -
NamelessPenguin  Rockatansky      SC     Barb   95     2.49  2017-12-14  Yes     -      -       -      -
Reyz             Qty              SC     Sorc   93     2.10  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
Chaostar         Prairie          SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   659    261      12    126
OldSoldier       Battleforge      HC     Pala   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    236       -      -
tokerdin         tokeress         SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Southpaw         Njord            SC     Druid  90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Qwernt           CanbeOnlyBlizz   SC     Sorc   90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?      ?
MercMan          Este             SC     Ama    90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1212    278       2      ?
Lynchgrinch      Tattersail       SC     Sorc   89     1.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    321       ?      ?
LiquidClear      Sally            SC     Sin    **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   225      -       1      -
liquid_mage      zDadColdSorc     SC     Sorc   **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    160       -      -
Neksja           Turirao          SC     Druid  87     1.25  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   191    124       5      -
Gladstone        Socrates         HC     Druid  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  -       -      -       -      -
Lord Molybdenum  Cruise_Control   SC     Necro  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  No    115     94      19      -
Naturallog       Athos            HC     Barb   84     0.96  YYYY-MM-DD  No    159    105       0      -
Lord Molybdenum  Verisimilitude   SC     Ama    83     0.**  YYYY-MM-DD  No     28     25       0      -
Qwernt           AmaAgainstAll    SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Gambit           Mallenroh        SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
Lord Molybdenum  But_Why          SC     Sin    81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  No     55     51      53      -
Jean Avila       SpeedAdict       SC     Ama    77     0.52  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -     50
logoutzero       Digimon          HC     Necro  76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes    85     65       0      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Rayne            SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   195    140       -      ?
Gripphon         Ryu              SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?     13
Darke Rahl       Bells            HC     Ama    74     0.40  YYYY-MM-DD  No     19      -       0      -
Smittyphi        SliceNDice       SC     Sin    70     0.30  2018-03-27  Yes    15      -       6      -
Xul's Gull       Araphel          HC     Necro  60     0.12  2017-12-21  No      -      -       -      -
TrU              Henryk           SC     Barb   41     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -      22     12
Gambit           Colossus         SC     Pala   39     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
Smancer          Smancer          SC     Necro  26     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     1      -       -      -
BKC              FearsomeFreddie  SC     Necro  23     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Ergroilnin       Erilinda         HC     Sorc   20     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -

The Fallen
Code:
Bewitch          itsreal          HC     Sorc   87     1.xx  2018-04-24  No      -      -       -      -
MizzouFTW        Pure             HC     Necro  86     1.15  2018-01-10  Yes     -      -       1      -
coju             NintyNine_orRiP  HC     Sorc   81     0.74  2016-04-07  Yes     -      -       1      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Valus            HC     Barb   76     0.48  2016-10-27  Yes     -      -       1      -
Pb_pal           Stevesy          HC     Pala   76     0.48  2017-06-19  Yes     -      -       1      -
weezaard         Cypher           SC     Druid  66     0.00  2018-02-21  Yes     -      -      20+     -
Tenecabo         OldShatterhand   HC     Druid  49     0.04  2016-06-16  Yes     -      0       1      -
coju             fB               HC     Sorc   29     0.00  2016-04-09  Yes     1      1       1      2
Kitteh           Verallus         HC     Druid  26     0.00  2016-03-25  No      -      -       1      -
logoutzero       Rolex            HC     Barb   21     0.00  2016-03-26  Yes     0      0       1      1

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Cool to so another HC character, right after I started mine. We can travel together, sort of :). Good luck !!

Which build are you aiming for? Furyzon I assume?

Pijus

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm thinking of joining! The current idea is to go with a Druid. Probably in HC just because that's where I've been playing lately. How do I officially sign up for this? Do I need to post a copy of the progress table and edit myself into it?

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Ric has made it to 95 running Pits for the last level.

Things are fun, by now I enjoy the Fishymancer gameplay quite a bit! Found a couple of more life/resist SCs which is cool, now at a very nice total of 15 of those. He also found a fourth Summon skiller, and I'm beginning to like using them actually, in particular they'll probably be very helpful for Baal runs.

Still no luck regarding Arachnid Mesh, Andy's, SoJ/BKWB. But drops have been good generally, already posted most of them here and here (including Crown of Ages, 2x Steel Pillar, Stormspire, Giant Skull, 5/5 cold facet, Boneflame, Cranium Basher, 20% FCR craft amulet and second Trang Oul's Wing). I'll stick with Pits for the remaining 8 hours of RFL in hope of getting some of those missing uniques.

Whether I find them or not though, I plan to focus on XP after the RFL. Been running initial comparisons yesterday. As expected, Baal waves are the most efficient route. Also compared Ventar and Lister runs, with the result that in fact Ventar runs are the most efficient. I guess it makes sense, given the Lister wave being fire immune and having high physical resistance, which doesn't exactly help CE. ;) XP gain comparison of different areas for Ric (though based on very short samples) in spoiler if interested:

Numbers are approximate and only initial tests, so definitely they will change (and hopefully improve) in each case. :)

P1/P8/P3 Baal: ~230k/min
P1/P8 Lister: ~260k/min
P1/P8 Ventar: ~280k/min

That's in each case when things go right (i.e. rather empty throne room, fights go as planned). But even when adding a flat 30s to the relevant times, running the waves is still more efficient than the below candidates.

P8 CS two seal runs:
~200-210k/min
Generally CS works, but Infector seal just takes a little too long for it to come close enough. It's also more dangerous than Baal or Pits and requires more concentration.

P8 Pits: ~180-230k/min
This I'm not sure about yet. I timed a few runs because of his very good Pit map, with 4 shrines en route and good boss density. But seems at lvl 95 I can't really justify running it for XP anymore. Very high variance in XP gain ranging from ~200k to ~350k per run in the short samples I took, and run times vary as well from around 1.5 to 2 minutes. It all depends on boss density and XP shrines, resulting in very different results per run. But even based on high estimates it's still some 10-20% worse than Baal waves.

Will keep track of numbers for RFL round 3 and see if it's actually better than that, in which case I might run Pit for 95-96 as well of course, given drops are better and it's more fun than Baal of course. :)

Really beginning to feel the pain of not having Arachnid Mesh actually, it would have quite an impact also in terms of XP gain options I think.

Keep it up @everyone!

Hall of Fame
Code:
zticazzy         Perkele          SC     Barb   99     3.52  2016-07-12  No      -      -       -      -
Pb_pal           Eleanor          SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2016-11-09  No   3068    437       5      -
NanoMist         Izuna            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2016-12-25  No   5109    470       4    360
PhineasB         Mercy            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2017-05-23  Yes     -    475      11      -
PhineasB         Hiatus           SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2017-12-25  Yes     -    471      21      -
ffs              HelpYourself     SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2018-04-29  Yes     -    447       -      -
Questing Heroes
Code:
T72on1           Neverland        SC     Sorc   98.38  3.34  2018-02-05  Yes  2190    477      13    300+
Yng              Sophie           SC     Sorc   98     3.22  2018-05-05  Yes     -      -       8      -
PhineasB         Phaedrus         SC     Pala   97.50  3.10  2018-05-06  Yes     -    341      13      -
darkstarhub      Neptune          SC     Sorc   96     2.72  2017-12-31  Yes     -    452       -      -
Ashenshugar      Natur            SC     Druid  96     2.71  2018-04-24  Yes  2529      -       -      -
Dezrok           Salome           SC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   792    318       -      -
ffs              Ric              SC     Necro  95     2.51  2018-05-17  Yes     -      -       -      -
Gynli            Amazon           SC     Ama    95     2.49  2017-02-23  Yes     -      -       ?      -
PhineasB         Pestilence       SC     Necro  94     2.28  2018-04-22  Yes     -      -       -      -
Me2Nik           Fugu             HC     Ama    93     2.10  2018-02-05  Yes    80      -       -      -
Zenigma          Ayura            SC     Barb   93     2.11  2018-04-26  No      -      -       -      -
CrustyRusty      Space_Oddity     SC     Ama    91     1.81  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
kyndig           DrearyAura       HC     Sorc   91     1.76  2018-02-20  Yes     -      -       -      -
RIP              Kaira_II         HC     Sin    89     1.48  2018-04-03  Yes     -    149       -      -
Zenigma          Gnosis           SC     Druid  89     1.56  2018-04-26  No      -      -       -      -
Bewitch          itssoftcore      SC     Sorc   **     1.47  2018-05-14  Yes     -      -       -      -
Pb_pal           Klaus            HC     Druid  87     1.24  2018-02-26  Yes     -      -       -      -
hackedagainanda  Hugo             HC     Necro  85     1.05  2017-12-17  Yes     -      -       -      -
Xul's Gull       Xul              HC     Necro  81     0.74  2018-03-26  No      -      -       -      -
aarrgus          Acala            SC     Barb   80     0.68  2017-12-30  Yes     -      -       5      -
ioupainmax       Durnik           SC     Pala   67     0.23  2017-12-29  Yes    87     61       0      -
Sleepybear123    Rob_theBarb      HC     Barb   50     0.05  2018-01-06  Yes     -      -       -     10
Smittyphi        TheLongRun       SC     Sorc   49     0.04  2018-05-12  Yes     4      -       2      -
Klonki           Dualizt_Ann      SC     Sorc   48     0.01  2018-02-24  Yes     -      8       -      9
drmalawi         Liv              SC     Sorc   24     0.00  2018-05-01  Yes     -      -       0      -
DaveW            Long_Term        SC     Sorc   23     0.00  2018-05-02  Yes     2      -       1      4
T72on1           ShouldBeEasy     HC     Paladin 1     0.00  2018-05-14  Yes     -      -       -      -
Vildecor         Celia            HC     Ama     1     0.00  2018-05-16  Yes     -      -       -      -
Resting Heroes
Code:
Forumite         Character        SC/HC  Cla   ss  Level  Exp   Date        E/S  S/U   Grail  Deaths  Hours
Neksja           Aura             SC     Pala   98.50  3.37  2017-03-16  Yes  8606    464       -      -
hasuprotoss      Reina            SC     Sorc   97     2.96  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1751    384       -      -
Tarantella       Tarasha          HC     Sorc   96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Grim             Furious_Blonde   SC     Ama    96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
XyleneCyanol     Fishie           HC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
ThomasJohnsen    xInTheBuffx      HC     Sorc   95     2.49  2017-03-31  Yes     -      -       -      -
NamelessPenguin  Rockatansky      SC     Barb   95     2.49  2017-12-14  Yes     -      -       -      -
Reyz             Qty              SC     Sorc   93     2.10  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
Chaostar         Prairie          SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   659    261      12    126
OldSoldier       Battleforge      HC     Pala   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    236       -      -
tokerdin         tokeress         SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Southpaw         Njord            SC     Druid  90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Qwernt           CanbeOnlyBlizz   SC     Sorc   90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?      ?
MercMan          Este             SC     Ama    90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1212    278       2      ?
Lynchgrinch      Tattersail       SC     Sorc   89     1.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    321       ?      ?
LiquidClear      Sally            SC     Sin    **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   225      -       1      -
liquid_mage      zDadColdSorc     SC     Sorc   **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    160       -      -
Neksja           Turirao          SC     Druid  87     1.25  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   191    124       5      -
Gladstone        Socrates         HC     Druid  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  -       -      -       -      -
Lord Molybdenum  Cruise_Control   SC     Necro  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  No    115     94      19      -
Naturallog       Athos            HC     Barb   84     0.96  YYYY-MM-DD  No    159    105       0      -
Lord Molybdenum  Verisimilitude   SC     Ama    83     0.**  YYYY-MM-DD  No     28     25       0      -
Qwernt           AmaAgainstAll    SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Gambit           Mallenroh        SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
Lord Molybdenum  But_Why          SC     Sin    81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  No     55     51      53      -
Jean Avila       SpeedAdict       SC     Ama    77     0.52  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -     50
logoutzero       Digimon          HC     Necro  76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes    85     65       0      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Rayne            SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   195    140       -      ?
Gripphon         Ryu              SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?     13
Darke Rahl       Bells            HC     Ama    74     0.40  YYYY-MM-DD  No     19      -       0      -
Smittyphi        SliceNDice       SC     Sin    70     0.30  2018-03-27  Yes    15      -       6      -
Xul's Gull       Araphel          HC     Necro  60     0.12  2017-12-21  No      -      -       -      -
TrU              Henryk           SC     Barb   41     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -      22     12
Gambit           Colossus         SC     Pala   39     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
Smancer          Smancer          SC     Necro  26     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     1      -       -      -
BKC              FearsomeFreddie  SC     Necro  23     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Ergroilnin       Erilinda         HC     Sorc   20     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -

The Fallen
Code:
Bewitch          itsreal          HC     Sorc   87     1.xx  2018-04-24  No      -      -       -      -
MizzouFTW        Pure             HC     Necro  86     1.15  2018-01-10  Yes     -      -       1      -
coju             NintyNine_orRiP  HC     Sorc   81     0.74  2016-04-07  Yes     -      -       1      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Valus            HC     Barb   76     0.48  2016-10-27  Yes     -      -       1      -
Pb_pal           Stevesy          HC     Pala   76     0.48  2017-06-19  Yes     -      -       1      -
weezaard         Cypher           SC     Druid  66     0.00  2018-02-21  Yes     -      -      20+     -
Tenecabo         OldShatterhand   HC     Druid  49     0.04  2016-06-16  Yes     -      0       1      -
coju             fB               HC     Sorc   29     0.00  2016-04-09  Yes     1      1       1      2
Kitteh           Verallus         HC     Druid  26     0.00  2016-03-25  No      -      -       1      -
logoutzero       Rolex            HC     Barb   21     0.00  2016-03-26  Yes     0      0       1      1

BKC

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm thinking of joining! The current idea is to go with a Druid. Probably in HC just because that's where I've been playing lately. How do I officially sign up for this? Do I need to post a copy of the progress table and edit myself into it?
yup... :) oh and dont die and make 99 that helps!

Pijus

Diabloii.Net Member
Pyrestarter the druid has started the journey! So far he's been using mostly Molten Ball. I had no idea how awesome that spell is at low levels. It's just amazing. He's gonna use fire spells for now, and eventually some kind of Were-skill, probably Fury. Think I will enjoy a character that's more relaxed than my rule-bound spear barb.

Hope I did this right.

Hall of Fame
Code:
Questing Heroes
Code:
ffs              Ric              SC     Necro  95     2.51  2018-05-17  Yes     -      -       -      -
Pijus            Pyrestarter      HC     Druid  14     0.00  2018-05-17  Yes     -      -       -      -
Resting Heroes
Code:

The Fallen
Code:

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
Just add yourself to the table buddy :)

There are some instructions in spoiler tags on the front page if you have any problems, or just ask. Mine is also a HC druid, so that's cool :D

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
@T72on1 for a HC Hdin, I would not go with Spirit, unless I craft some godly saftey amulet with dex. For HC, I would definitely go with 75% FCR and HoZ, Skipping the 125% FCR, means you could use another belt than Arach like some rare with lots of life and FHR, or skip the Trangoul/magefist gloves for Bloodfist (life and FHR)

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
@T72on1 for a HC Hdin, I would not go with Spirit, unless I craft some godly saftey amulet with dex. For HC, I would definitely go with 75% FCR and HoZ, Skipping the 125% FCR, means you could use another belt than Arach like some rare with lots of life and FHR, or skip the Trangoul/magefist gloves for Bloodfist (life and FHR)
It isn't needed, you will have max block, stacked resist, increased max resist for fire if using HS and a huge life pool. The higher cast is better offensively (and thus defensively) and allows you a better a chance of escaping any problem you find yourself in :)

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
@drmalawi I only thought about the fact that Paladin shields can have inherent res all, and as a consequence you get massive resists on a Spirit made in such a base. As such I agree with @Kitteh that HoZ doesn't offer much over Spirit, while Spirit has a lot going for it, like the fcr and the higher fhr. In the end I'll have a Spirit before I find that HoZ, so will be running with that first anyway. If I ever find that HoZ I can always try out to see which setup I like most.

@DaveHutt Very nice !!! Welcome to the fun.

I didn't have any deaths myself yet, although already one close call. Early game can be quite challenging indeed, depending on the build. Keep it safe. I cleaned up the table a bit, as you can put yourself above me and Vildecor, since you are higher level. Under 'Exp' you can add your real xp number. Doesn't matter that much at early levels, but tells a lot when it comes to progress later on, when two level 97 characters can have a difference of several hours in reality.

Btw, the easiest way to get the table right, is to copy/paste it in notepad and adjust it there. Then copy/paste it again here.

Hall of Fame
Code:
Questing Heroes
Code:
Pijus            Pyrestarter      HC     Druid  14     0.00  2018-05-17  Yes     -      -       -      -
DaveHutt         Alice            SC     Ama    13     0.00  2018-05-18  Yes     -      -       1      -
Resting Heroes
Code:

The Fallen
Code:

Reactions: ffs