The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

ffs

Diabloii.Net Member
Very cool @Pb_pal, that is literally the most amazing rune drop at that stage. I'll be rooting for Klaus as well, please don't deed him. ;) I also think he will be a good Nihl runner, I meant to test it just haven't found the time yet, though I'm confident Fissure should perform well. Probably the bigger challenge is how to get him there when going Fissure all the way, neither CS nor Baal waves seem particularly appealing for sub-98. But I'm sure you'll find a way. :)

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Same here.

My Sept Druid is progressing, almost finished Act 2 Hell. Like I said, I'll be respeccing him afterwards, and I'm tempted to go Fissure all the way. So maybe I can come back here after a while and report back in about the results, hopefully with some useful info for @Pb_pal .

Pb_pal

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks guys! Yes the plan is to stick to the AT all the way until 98. Gripp had his guy getting Pitnec-level numbers for XP gain which is fantastic. I won't be that quick I would imagine, since you know, it's Gripp. I'll test him out in a bunch of different ways and see what happens, but I can't see anything being as efficient as AT at the higher player settings that sub-98 requires.

Nice to see that people are on Klaus' side here, I'll try not to disappoint :p

@T72on1 - Please do, I'd love to hear about it! Also, Fissure is super fun. Definitely moving to the higher end of my favourite skills list.`

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Phaedrus is now half way to level 97. I was traveling for work all last week so no progress until I got back Sunday. We picked up 40M XP to hit a round 2.84B, which is just a smidge over half way.

The only drop of note over the last < quarter level was Ohm #2, which prompted me to ask whether I had a use for it to upgrade Phaedrus’ CtA. Um, yes:
Code:
Call to Arms
Crystal Sword
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 18 - 55
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0xa916fc27
Item Level: 80
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
267% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+6 to Battle Command
+1 to Battle Orders
+2 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items 
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune
So we checked the stash and found two 5os weapons that had been stored. With the first Ohm from CS, we would have two tries for an update, which was needed :( Second re-roll was better (+3 BO), which gets his life pool to nearly 3500 with BO active. But it still leaves room for improvement. All future Gul, Vex, and Ohm drops will go toward a third reroll.

On progress, he is averaging just under 10M/hr based on two timed half-hour sessions. Leaving flawless gems would speed things up quite a bit, as picking them up and then cubing for GC rerolls takes some time. But I really want at least one more skiller, so rerolls will continue until he hits 97. Then we’ll reassess and probably move to higher efficiency runs.

Pestilence also got in some more LK runs, with another 125 runes found to complete a 250-rune set. Main find was Vex #3 from a poppable, plus Pul #2 and #3. A nice upgrade early on was the set sharkskin belt for FRW.

I will chip away at the LK runs with Pestilence on and off for a bit, likely focusing more on Phaedrus to finish the level.

Last edited:

RIP

Diabloii.Net Member
Two days in LK without HRs...So, i've tried my luck with HF, and truly got rewarded - basically best rune i could hope for :)

Screenshot025.jpg

Now i'm VEX away from CtA, which is highly needed

GL

Edit: Haha funny, third run later in LK

Screenshot026.jpg

Last edited:

kyndig

Diabloii.Net Member
Quick update. I will add data later. Traveling this week, so not much time. I hit level 90 over the weekend and decided to go back to Act 1 and pick up my respec since there were changes I wanted to make. I plowed through the Den no problem as my merc now has eth Cryptic Axe Insight. Then I went to respec and pulled the noob out of my past. I hadn't seen him for awhile so it was about time he came back. I put my attribute points in the right places, but then after placing my skill points, I realized that I had forgotten my teleport tree. CRAP. I do not want to waist another respec, so I think I am just going to plow through AT for a two levels. Anyway, let this be a lesson to .......ME.

Smittyphi

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright i need a ruling. I found a Duriels Shell but got rolled back due to the crash. I found another one but not with my 99 character. Can I do a one time transfer from my regular stash to my 99er and keep the spirit of the challenge?

Yng

Diabloii.Net Member
IMO moving anything on to the character that you didn’t find on the character is compromising your untwinked status. :/

kyndig

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright i need a ruling. I found a Duriels Shell but got rolled back due to the crash. I found another one but not with my 99 character. Can I do a one time transfer from my regular stash to my 99er and keep the spirit of the challenge?
I think it is fair and within the spirit of the challenge, but I am the Noob on the SPF. BTW, how does diablo 2 offline crash?

Xul's Gull

Diabloii.Net Member
On the lighter side of things...

Ooh.png

Now properly named and ready for a future socket (I'm aware that unique socketing was probably wasted, but she deserved it :p )

There it is.png

(and since I'm about to trade some of that MF equipment, it's nice to have it on switch for bosses)

Olena's about to switch Edge for Harmony (found a Blade Bow with the right number of sockets), which is probably a bit overdue. Rerolled one of those Grand Charms to a +14 resist all, and the others are backing individual resists up as well.

Busy weekend with family around, so happy hunting, folks. May the Fates smile upon your loot and experience!

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
In that case, I will avoid that runeword.
it happens like 1 in 100 chaos runs. It happens if the merc get hit in the middle of the transformation to that doll thingy. No big deal unless you were just about to pick up that high rune ... ;) The saftey it offers is worth it I guess.

RIP

Diabloii.Net Member
No major rune finds during last two days, my rune stash contains 363 runes, highest is the VEX i've found before...However, sometimes are not runes the best items You can get in LK :D

Screenshot028.jpg

Code:
Shimmering Small Charm of Sustenance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 25
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Fingerprint: 0xfbf54086
+12 to Life
All Resistances +5
Probably one of the best i've ever found

Also this one

Code:
Shimmering Grand Charm of Strength
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 27
Item Level: 52
Fingerprint: 0xeca0afb7
+5 to Strength
All Resistances +15

Forgot to mention this charm, as it is from NM LK

And finally, this beauty

Screenshot020.jpg

Code:
Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0x13304e04
+50 to Maximum Stamina
5% Life stolen per hit
+1 to All Skill Levels
+0 to Life (Based on Character Level)
Never found one back in days, when i was grailin in 1.11 version, one of the 7 missing items in my 1.11 HC Grail :) its still missing however, as i keep my versions and Grails strictly separated

GL

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Member
Looks like good progress ladies and gentlemen, keep up the good work! Sorry that I'm not really around as 'host', even if there isn't much hosting to actually do, but work is crazy busy. I do pop in for a read when I can.

NamelessPenguin

Diabloii.Net Member
I have put my barbarian to rest. I romanticized about having an über CS running barb, and when that failed, I had to try Baal. That failed, too, at least for me. Got many sub 4 min runs, but I am simply too lazy to run Baal with a melee character. And to be honest, the love simply was not there, we never really hit it off.

Playing untwinked is a very fun experience. Taking a character from scrap gear up to the best items is a fun challenge. My hat goes off to all the ones who made it, now I somewhat fathom what this is all about. Or at least more than what I did before.

It would be fun to try this again with a different character, but all the LK runs the lie ahead with an unwtinked toon is a bit...daunting. Can't believe @PhineasB did it two times :eek: Awesome!

Hall of Fame
Code:
Forumite         Character        SC/HC  Class  Level  Exp   Date        E/S  S/U   Grail  Deaths  Hours
---------------  ---------------  -----  -----  -----  ----  ----------  ---  ----  -----  ------  -----
zticazzy         Perkele          SC     Barb   99     3.52  2016-07-12  No      -      -       -      -
Pb_pal           Eleanor          SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2016-11-09  No   3068    437       5      -
NanoMist         Izuna            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2016-12-25  No   5109    470       4    360
PhineasB         Mercy            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2017-05-23  Yes     -    475      11      -
PhineasB         Hiatus           SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2017-12-25  Yes     -    471      21      -
Questing Heroes
Code:
Forumite         Character        SC/HC  Class  Level  Exp   Date        E/S  S/U   Grail  Deaths  Hours
---------------  ---------------  -----  -----  -----  ----  ----------  ---  ----  -----  ------  -----
ffs              HelpYourself     SC     Sorc   98.50  3.40  2018-02-03  Yes     -      -       ?      ?
T72on1           Neverland        SC     Sorc   98.38  3.34  2018-02-05  Yes  2190    477      13    300+
Yng              Sophie           SC     Sorc   97     3.09  2018-02-21  Yes     -      -       8      -
darkstarhub      Neptune          SC     Sorc   96     2.72  2017-12-31  Yes     -    452       -      -
PhineasB         Phaedrus         SC     Pala   96     2.72  2018-02-2   Yes     -    308      12      -
Dezrok           Salome           SC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   792    318       -      -
Gynli            Amazon           SC     Ama    95     2.49  2017-02-23  Yes     -      -       ?      -
Me2Nik           Fugu             HC     Ama    93     2.10  2018-02-05  Yes    80      -       -      -
Zenigma          Ayura            SC     Barb   92     1.92  2017-12-25  No      -      -       -      -
kyndig           DrearyAura       HC     Sorc   89     1.51  2018-02-20  Yes     -
ffs              Ric              SC     Necro  92     1.99  2018-02-13  Yes     -      -       -      -
hackedagainanda  Hugo             HC     Necro  85     1.05  2017-12-17  Yes     -      -       -      -
PhineasB         Pestilence       SC     Necro  81     0.74  2018-01-29  Yes     -      -       1      -
aarrgus          Acala            SC     Barb   80     0.68  2017-12-30  Yes     -      -       5      -
RIP              Kaira_II         HC     Sin    78     0.61  2018-02-24  Yes     -     70       -      -
Xul's Gull       Xul              HC     Necro  78     0.58  2018-02-26  No      -      -       -      -
Pb_pal           Klaus            HC     Druid  76     0.48  2018-02-26  Yes     -      -       -      -
Yng              Lebron           HC     Barb   71     0.33  2018-02-21  Yes     -
ioupainmax       Durnik           SC     Pala   67     0.23  2017-12-29  Yes    87     61       0      -
Smittyphi        SliceNDice       SC     Sin    61     0.08  2018-02-16  Yes    15      -       6      -
Sleepybear123    Rob_theBarb      HC     Barb   50     0.05  2018-01-06  Yes     -      -       -     10
Klonki           Dualizt_Ann      SC     Sorc   24     0.01  2018-02-24  Yes     -      2       -      9
Resting Heroes
Code:
Neksja           Aura             SC     Pala   98.50  3.37  2017-03-16  Yes  8606    464       -      -
hasuprotoss      Reina            SC     Sorc   97     2.96  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1751    384       -      -
Tarantella       Tarasha          HC     Sorc   96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Grim             Furious_Blonde   SC     Ama    96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
XyleneCyanol     Fishie           HC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
ThomasJohnsen    xInTheBuffx      HC     Sorc   95     2.49  2017-03-31  Yes     -      -       -      -
NamelessPenguin  Rockatansky      SC     Barb   95     2.49  2017-12-14  Yes     -      -       -      -
Reyz             Qty              SC     Sorc   93     2.10  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
Chaostar         Prairie          SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   659    261      12    126
OldSoldier       Battleforge      HC     Pala   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    236       -      -
tokerdin         tokeress         SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Southpaw         Njord            SC     Druid  90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Qwernt           CanbeOnlyBlizz   SC     Sorc   90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?      ?
MercMan          Este             SC     Ama    90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1212    278       2      ?
Lynchgrinch      Tattersail       SC     Sorc   89     1.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    321       ?      ?
LiquidClear      Sally            SC     Sin    **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   225      -       1      -
liquid_mage      zDadColdSorc     SC     Sorc   **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    160       -      -
Neksja           Turirao          SC     Druid  87     1.25  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   191    124       5      -
Gladstone        Socrates         HC     Druid  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  -       -      -       -      -
Zenigma          Gnosis           SC     Druid  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
Lord Molybdenum  Cruise_Control   SC     Necro  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  No    115     94      19      -
Naturallog       Athos            HC     Barb   84     0.96  YYYY-MM-DD  No    159    105       0      -
Lord Molybdenum  Verisimilitude   SC     Ama    83     0.**  YYYY-MM-DD  No     28     25       0      -
Qwernt           AmaAgainstAll    SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Gambit           Mallenroh        SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
Lord Molybdenum  But_Why          SC     Sin    81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  No     55     51      53      -
Jean Avila       SpeedAdict       SC     Ama    77     0.52  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -     50
logoutzero       Digimon          HC     Necro  76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes    85     65       0      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Rayne            SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   195    140       -      ?
Gripphon         Ryu              SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?     13
Darke Rahl       Bells            HC     Ama    74     0.40  YYYY-MM-DD  No     19      -       0      -
Xul's Gull       Araphel          HC     Necro  60     0.12  2017-12-21  No      -      -       -      -
Vildecor         Celia            SC     Ama    59     0.11  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes    52     43       0      -
TrU              Henryk           SC     Barb   41     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -      22     12
Gambit           Colossus         SC     Pala   39     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
Smancer          Smancer          SC     Necro  26     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     1      -       -      -
BKC              FearsomeFreddie  SC     Necro  23     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
Ergroilnin       Erilinda         HC     Sorc   20     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -

The Fallen
Code:
MizzouFTW        Pure             HC     Necro  86     1.15  2018-01-10  Yes     -      -       1      -
coju             NintyNine_orRiP  HC     Sorc   81     0.74  2016-04-07  Yes     -      -       1      -
TwentyMuleTeam   Valus            HC     Barb   76     0.48  2016-10-27  Yes     -      -       1      -
Pb_pal           Stevesy          HC     Pala   76     0.48  2017-06-19  Yes     -      -       1      -
weezaard         Cypher           SC     Druid  66     0.00  2018-02-21  Yes     -      -      20+     -
Tenecabo         OldShatterhand   HC     Druid  49     0.04  2016-06-16  Yes     -      0       1      -
coju             fB               HC     Sorc   29     0.00  2016-04-09  Yes     1      1       1      2
Kitteh           Verallus         HC     Druid  26     0.00  2016-03-25  No      -      -       1      -
logoutzero       Rolex            HC     Barb   21     0.00  2016-03-26  Yes     0      0       1      1
[/QUOTE]

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
@NamelessPenguin sorry to hear about that, it takes at least some dedication to get an untwinked barb to 95 anyway so hats off for that achievment! What build and gear did you go with?

RIP

Diabloii.Net Member
@NamelessPenguin: I think that melee combat is toughest way to go...My respect for that...Pick up some caster and start again is my advise, as like You've said, untwincked play is too adictive ;)

NamelessPenguin

Diabloii.Net Member
@drmalawi Yeah, I really hoped that build/class was something for me, but no. Kinda sucks, after having spent so much times finding the items.

Max Sword, WW, BO, Stun (for the waves), and a little here and there, mainly Berserk and Nat Res.

Enigma MP
Dual Grief PB's
Guilliams Face
Highlords
String Of Ears
LoH
Raven's
Rare Leech ring
War Trav / Gores

I'd much rather have a necro with Enigma, Beast and Inifinty.