Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Mar 20, 2016.

1. PhineasB

PhineasB Diabloii.Net Member

Phaedrus is moving in CS again, a little more than a tenth of the way to 97. Pestilence has also made some further progress in LK. Another Lum fell, which finally allowed Harmony. A Vex fell, followed by nearly five hours of nothing before a Mal fell (followed by a Pul shortly after). That allowed Heart of the Oak.

Pestilence ended up rerolling maps to another 2-fire layout but with a little more running. The reason was mostly due to monster spawns in first map (5 deaths in quick succession and lots of abandoned runs in last batch because of two boss packs that regularly spawned right outside or inside a hut). The longer map also allows him to hit more pop-ables, which will hopefully help with non-rune finds.

After two more hours of nothing, I decided to make HoTo and quest to Anya as a break. [email protected] roll was a disappointment. But still nice to have. I thought of saving the Vex for possible cubing up for faster Enigma, but I was ready for a little break. Witches rolled for the Anya rescue, which was tricky but eventually completed. He then moved up to Arreat Plateau. He was just short of level 82, so we did one Pit run to get there before returning to LK.

He then picked up a nice Ruby SC of Inertia, followed by Mal #2 and another Um. An Ist was mixed in (the pattern with the Fal), but it was hairy to pick it up with an amp-ed boss pack and I apparently misfired on the screenie. Earlier today he got Mal #3 and Sur #2, so a third of the way to Enigma!

I like the current map, so he will be here for a while. But he will probably eventually take a break and level up to 83 in the Pits and CS.

Edit: So then this happened. Pretty amazing to get a second one of these of Vita! :cool:
    Screenshot004.jpg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Reyz, T72on1, Pb_pal and 3 others like this.
  2. weezaard

weezaard Diabloii.Net Member

Hello all. Time for the promised update. Cypher the Druid Hunter has completed normal and killed The Cow King. His name comes from an old Ranger I played in DnD. His journey was what would be expected in normal. Nothing crazy to report honestly. I made a Zephyr, and an Edge, with runes to make a new one when I find a better bow. My damage is still very low however. My bear is almost maxed, and he is doing most of the work already. I have been contemplating respeccing into something else, but I decided I'll wait until I run into real trouble. The only problem is that I'm not doing much damage compared to my bear, so it's become silly to even shoot with arrows. I could kill a couple of hell bovines while my bear and merc would take down a herd. I don't have a whole lot of equipment yet, obviously, but my MF is high, so hopefully NM gives me some goodies.

And in the grand scheme of things, my seeming slog through normal will be a spec in an ancient druid's eyes, when he gets all the way to 99...

PhineasB, Reyz and T72on1 like this.
  3. RIP

RIP Diabloii.Net Member

@drmalawi: The plan is pretty simple...run towards LK Hell as fast asi can, get the runes for Infinity, Enigma, CtA and Fortitude and then start endless WSK running...Easy :D

4. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

EASY! :D

Will you wait with Ancients until lvl 98?

5. Pb_pal

Pb_pal Diabloii.Net Member

Let's do this again, shall we?

Slow but sure will be the mantra this time. I don't have a ton of playing time anymore, but enough to make progress at a semi-reasonable pace.

The first character I made when synergies appeared in 1.10 was an Elemental Druid. He... wasn't great. I spread myself too thin between fire/cold, didn't have the gear, and just generally didn't do a good job building him. Regardless, he holds a place near and dear to my heart. Another pang of nostalgia as I remember MPing with strjdje as he took Wind_Whisperer to 99 and shocked the SPF into oblivion. I'll be paying homage to both of those memories, but instead of a windy I'll be using a pure Fire Druid. After running one in the cow round of the RFL last year, I really took a fancy to Fissure and it quickly moved near the top of my 'favourite skills' list. Simplicity of build and playstyle, but with a skill I hardly ever so much as glanced at before.

Klaus the Fissure Druid is born.

I'll be using an extended stash, not keeping track of S/U, but I will be going HC (RIP Stevesy).

The plan? Gather gear and live in the AT until my brain melts. Gripp and CRG have shown good XP gains from AT, which I confirmed during testing for the RFL, and Nihl is also an option for 98. Sounds good!

Enough rambling, let's get some progress going!

--

Klaus got off to a roaring start (get it? fire...roaring...yeah.), he played around with Molten Boulder for a bit until Fissure was available at level 12. A few points in there and everything just melted (another fire pun already? Yeesh). A quick pit stop at the Countess and we gathered Stealth, Leaf, and a 2-Tir helm before cruising our way to Andariel.

Act 2 gave the next standard upgrade in a Town Guard with a savage polearm. Duriel soon bit it, and Act 3 was a blur of Fissures and running all the way to Meph. Act 4 slowed us down a touch, but it still wasn't long before we grabbed an Eld from the HF, made it to the Chaos Sanctuary and took on Diablo. A pile of merc resurrections later and he too was dead without any real danger to Klaus. A few Eldritch runs at the start of Act 5 got us to level 40, and with renewed firepower(you were waiting for the next pun, right?) Klaus easily killed Baal and finished off off normal and attained Destroyer status at level 44.

[​IMG]

That's where he sits right now, no real significant finds or anything just yet (surprise surprise). I'll wait until he makes it to Hell before adding him to the table.

Happy running, folks. :)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    PhineasB, NanoMist, Reyz and 4 others like this.
  6. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Great to see you getting active again, @Pb_pal, even more so to see you doing another HC 99er attempt, and just plain awesome as to which build you have picked !!!

Good luck :).

PhineasB and ffs like this.
  7. Yng

Yng Diabloii.Net Member

@Pb_pal nice, was considering Fissure for HC as well. Good luck!

8. RIP

RIP Diabloii.Net Member

@drmalawi: Answer is no, i want to do it old fashion way :D

@Pb_pal: Very interesting choice, i wish You the best of luck and will be watching Your progress very closely;)

drmalawi likes this.
  9. Me2NiK

Me2NiK Diabloii.Net Member

I have never used fissure. What kind of damage can you expect at endgame? Does it ever get to be enough for /p8 hell? What do you do about FIs?

10. T72on1

Damage should be very good, especially against large, moving packs. FIs ... skip them. Or slowly take them down with Volcano maybe, but that will be very slow.

11. ffs

ffs Diabloii.Net Member

@PhineasB Nice progress and amazing luck with the skillers! Hope those Enigma runes drop quickly.

@Pb_pal glad to see you back! Your journey with Eleanor was inspirational and many of your posts were really helpful for someone like me joining much later, in particular with a Sorc!

As for me, HelpYourself is still only moving very slowly due to a continuously annoying workload and weekends being packed with all kinds of other stuff. Things don't look much different for the weeks ahead, so she will probably only start making significant progress again in March when I'm back from vacation. ;)

As long as work keeps me too busy to run with her, I'm just trying to get some play time for Ric here and there to look for gear improvements. Levelled him to 89. I like the fact that at his current stage I can simply allow his drops to determine what he will do next. A Shako from Andy meant he ran Andy/Meph a bit less and started to focus more on Pits again. Also used first socket quest (Hell) on the Shako and put a PTopaz in it. When a Wizardspike dropped in Pits, he was able to go for 125% FCR and went back to LK to tackle the next runewords, namely Infinity, Hoto and/or Beast and in particular Fortitude for Merc to deliver those corpses quicker.

Within some total of ~7 hours of LK only two runes above Lem dropped, but those happened to be Sur and Lo, both of which of course help a lot towards the runewords to do list. The Lo drop led to more Pit running for a base, as the 2 elite armor bases I tried to eth bug before netted 1 and 3 sockets respectively. Already about an hour after the Lo I found a well rolled eth Great Hauberk which indeed got 4 sockets and 1116 base defense. It was turned into a 3363 defense, [email protected] Fortitude, which I'm super happy with of course. This pretty much singlehandedly allowed for Pits runs to be upped from P3 to P5, which is a tiny bit slower but can now decently be handled by the Merc and hopefully helps with finding a 4s eth elite polearm. Also found a Vamp Gaze for him which he'll probably use until I find an Andy's Visage.

Screenshots:

4_Shako.png

4_Lo.png

4_Sur again.png

4_GH.png

4_Fortitude.png

Managed to roll 4 sockets into a second Monarch and turned both Monarchs into 35% Spirits because why not.

4_35 spirit.png

Also found this skiller with a bit of life, don't really think these are actually that OP on a Summoner but I'll take it for now.

4_first skiller.png

Top priority now is a base for Infinity, for him I decided I'll wait for the base first. (Don't feel like looking for a rack again yet, that almost drove me crazy last time with HelpYourself. ;)) For now I do have one Sur in the HR department, as well as a base for Beast and an eth 4s Flail for Hoto, which I'll probably build should a Vex drop, even though Spirit is fine for Pit running still of course. Question will really be what to do with the next Ber, i.e. roll a Beast with the next Sur or wait for Infinity (if I have a base by then). Also I'd like to find Andy's Visage so might hit Meph/Pindle a few times to try and complete the Merc setup as it's so important for Necs.

Again, I'll let the drops decide. :)

Hall of Fame
    Code:
    Forumite         Character        SC/HC  Class  Level  Exp   Date        E/S  S/U   Grail  Deaths  Hours
    ---------------  ---------------  -----  -----  -----  ----  ----------  ---  ----  -----  ------  -----
    zticazzy         Perkele          SC     Barb   99     3.52  2016-07-12  No      -      -       -      -
    Pb_pal           Eleanor          SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2016-11-09  No   3068    437       5      -
    NanoMist         Izuna            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2016-12-25  No   5109    470       4    360
    PhineasB         Mercy            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2017-05-23  Yes     -    475      11      -
    PhineasB         Hiatus           SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2017-12-25  Yes     -    471      21      -

Questing Heroes
    Code:
    Forumite         Character        SC/HC  Class  Level  Exp   Date        E/S  S/U   Grail  Deaths  Hours
    ---------------  ---------------  -----  -----  -----  ----  ----------  ---  ----  -----  ------  -----
    ffs              HelpYourself     SC     Sorc   98.50  3.38  2018-02-03  Yes     -      -       ?      ?
    T72on1           Neverland        SC     Sorc   98.38  3.34  2018-02-05  Yes  2190    477      13    300+
    Yng              Sophie           SC     Sorc   97     3.01  2018-02-07  Yes     -      -       8      -
    darkstarhub      Neptune          SC     Sorc   96     2.72  2017-12-31  Yes     -    452       -      -
    PhineasB         Phaedrus         SC     Pala   96     2.72  2018-02-2   Yes     -    308      12      -
    Dezrok           Salome           SC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   792    318       -      -
    NamelessPenguin  Rockatansky      SC     Barb   95     2.49  2017-12-14  No      -      -       -      -
    Gynli            Amazon           SC     Ama    94     2.29  2017-12-31  Yes     -      -       ?      -
    Me2Nik           Fugu             HC     Ama    93     2.10  2018-02-05  Yes    80      -       -      -
    Zenigma          Ayura            SC     Barb   92     1.92  2017-12-25  No      -      -       -      -
    ffs              Ric              SC     Necro  89     1.49  2018-02-13  Yes     -      -       -      -
    hackedagainanda  Hugo             HC     Necro  85     1.05  2017-12-17  Yes     -      -       -      -
    PhineasB         Pestilence       SC     Necro  81     0.74  2018-01-29  Yes     -      -       1      -
    aarrgus          Acala            SC     Barb   80     0.68  2017-12-30  Yes     -      -       5      -
    ioupainmax       Durnik           SC     Pala   67     0.23  2017-12-29  Yes    87     61       0      -
    Xul's Gull       Xul              HC     Necro  65     0.12  2018-02-06  No      -      -       -      -
    kyndig           DrearyAura       HC     Sorc   62     0.00  2018-02-08  Yes     -
    Sleepybear123    Rob_theBarb      HC     Barb   50     0.05  2018-01-06  Yes     -      -       -     10
    weezaard         Cypher           SC     Druid  46     0.00  2018-02-11  Yes    28     20       3      -
    Smittyphi        SliceNDice       SC     Sin    36     0.00  2018-02-01  Yes     6      -       4      -

Resting Heroes
    Code:
    Neksja           Aura             SC     Pala   98.50  3.37  2017-03-16  Yes  8606    464       -      -
    hasuprotoss      Reina            SC     Sorc   97     2.96  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1751    384       -      -
    Tarantella       Tarasha          HC     Sorc   96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
    Grim             Furious_Blonde   SC     Ama    96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
    XyleneCyanol     Fishie           HC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
    ThomasJohnsen    xInTheBuffx      HC     Sorc   95     2.49  2017-03-31  Yes     -      -       -      -
    Reyz             Qty              SC     Sorc   93     2.10  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
    Chaostar         Prairie          SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   659    261      12    126
    OldSoldier       Battleforge      HC     Pala   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    236       -      -
    tokerdin         tokeress         SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
    Southpaw         Njord            SC     Druid  90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
    Qwernt           CanbeOnlyBlizz   SC     Sorc   90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?      ?
    MercMan          Este             SC     Ama    90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1212    278       2      ?
    Lynchgrinch      Tattersail       SC     Sorc   89     1.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    321       ?      ?
    LiquidClear      Sally            SC     Sin    **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   225      -       1      -
    liquid_mage      zDadColdSorc     SC     Sorc   **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    160       -      -
    Neksja           Turirao          SC     Druid  87     1.25  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   191    124       5      -
    Gladstone        Socrates         HC     Druid  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  -       -      -       -      -
    Zenigma          Gnosis           SC     Druid  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
    Lord Molybdenum  Cruise_Control   SC     Necro  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  No    115     94      19      -
    Naturallog       Athos            HC     Barb   84     0.96  YYYY-MM-DD  No    159    105       0      -
    Lord Molybdenum  Verisimilitude   SC     Ama    83     0.**  YYYY-MM-DD  No     28     25       0      -
    Qwernt           AmaAgainstAll    SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
    Gambit           Mallenroh        SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
    Lord Molybdenum  But_Why          SC     Sin    81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  No     55     51      53      -
    Jean Avila       SpeedAdict       SC     Ama    77     0.52  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -     50
    logoutzero       Digimon          HC     Necro  76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes    85     65       0      -
    TwentyMuleTeam   Rayne            SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   195    140       -      ?
    Gripphon         Ryu              SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?     13
    Darke Rahl       Bells            HC     Ama    74     0.40  YYYY-MM-DD  No     19      -       0      -
    Xul's Gull       Araphel          HC     Necro  60     0.12  2017-12-21  No      -      -       -      -
    Vildecor         Celia            SC     Ama    59     0.11  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes    52     43       0      -
    TrU              Henryk           SC     Barb   41     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -      22     12
    Gambit           Colossus         SC     Pala   39     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
    Smancer          Smancer          SC     Necro  26     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     1      -       -      -
    BKC              FearsomeFreddie  SC     Necro  23     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
    Ergroilnin       Erilinda         HC     Sorc   20     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -

The Fallen
    Code:
    MizzouFTW        Pure             HC     Necro  86     1.15  2018-01-10  Yes     -      -       1      -
    coju             NintyNine_orRiP  HC     Sorc   81     0.74  2016-04-07  Yes     -      -       1      -
    TwentyMuleTeam   Valus            HC     Barb   76     0.48  2016-10-27  Yes     -      -       1      -
    Pb_pal           Stevesy          HC     Pala   76     0.48  2017-06-19  Yes     -      -       1      -
    Tenecabo         OldShatterhand   HC     Druid  49     0.04  2016-06-16  Yes     -      0       1      -
    coju             fB               HC     Sorc   29     0.00  2016-04-09  Yes     1      1       1      2
    Kitteh           Verallus         HC     Druid  26     0.00  2016-03-25  No      -      -       1      -
    logoutzero       Rolex            HC     Barb   21     0.00  2016-03-26  Yes     0      0       1      1

EDIT: @kyndig @weezaard added you to the full table. Make sure to quote the whole thing and not just the active runners. :)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  12. Yng

Yng Diabloii.Net Member

@ffs nice progress, still haven’t found an eth HotO base..

13. Yng

Yng Diabloii.Net Member

Doing a good 5-6% per session and I've managed to reach 40%.
    Please to say I'll have my new PC probably right around the time I'm hitting 98 so looking forward to testing out a few build ideas for Nihlathak. I think I'll run some variant of Blizzard/Nova because if Nihlathak doesn't work out for whatever reason that build is still extremely capable at P1 seals/P7 Diablo. Peaking at about 5.3M XP/hour and down to around 4 when playing more casually/picking up gems etc. Run times vary from 45-50 seconds (just seals) to 1.5 minute (many unique packs spawned).

[​IMG]

Near Death Experiences:
    Lucky to not RIP here. Starting smoking again and I decided it would be a good idea to go for some GC in the middle of a pack. Lost my cube in the resulting panic, had to go to Act 2 and grab another. Only thing inside to my knowledge was the Flawless Amethyst. I keep one always for Gem shrine.

[​IMG]

Rune Finds:
    Been quite a while since I've seen an Ohm. All set to make that backup CtA..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Item Finds:
    The Double Axe base comes in clutch once again. Would've been happy with any 3+ BO just for the corpse recovery kit since I had the 5 BO already but this'll work. Another low roll on Gheeds and that's now 3-4 Tal's Armor without an Amulet. More teasing with the Life/Skill GCs, still 0 Lightning..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've also started picking up Flawed/Normal gems for cubing purposes. Slowed me down a little but I didn't bother with them at LK and I was really starting to pile up picking up Ko+.

Cubing:
    Cubed the following (sets to next rune, Ex. 1 Ko = 3x Ko, 1 Gul = 2x Gul) since 20%:
    Ko 10
    Fal 4
    Lem 1
    Pul 5
    Um 3
    Mal 2
    Ist 2
    Gul 1

Hall of Fame
    Code:
    zticazzy         Perkele          SC     Barb   99     3.52  2016-07-12  No      -      -       -      -
    Pb_pal           Eleanor          SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2016-11-09  No   3068    437       5      -
    NanoMist         Izuna            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2016-12-25  No   5109    470       4    360
    PhineasB         Mercy            SC     Sin    99     3.52  2017-05-23  Yes     -    475      11      -
    PhineasB         Hiatus           SC     Sorc   99     3.52  2017-12-25  Yes     -    471      21      -

Questing Heroes
    Code:
    ffs              HelpYourself     SC     Sorc   98.50  3.38  2018-02-03  Yes     -      -       ?      ?
    T72on1           Neverland        SC     Sorc   98.38  3.34  2018-02-05  Yes  2190    477      13    300+
    Yng              Sophie           SC     Sorc   97     3.06  2018-02-12  Yes     -      -       8      -
    darkstarhub      Neptune          SC     Sorc   96     2.72  2017-12-31  Yes     -    452       -      -
    PhineasB         Phaedrus         SC     Pala   96     2.72  2018-02-2   Yes     -    308      12      -
    Dezrok           Salome           SC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   792    318       -      -
    NamelessPenguin  Rockatansky      SC     Barb   95     2.49  2017-12-14  No      -      -       -      -
    Gynli            Amazon           SC     Ama    94     2.29  2017-12-31  Yes     -      -       ?      -
    Me2Nik           Fugu             HC     Ama    93     2.10  2018-02-05  Yes    80      -       -      -
    Zenigma          Ayura            SC     Barb   92     1.92  2017-12-25  No      -      -       -      -
    ffs              Ric              SC     Necro  89     1.49  2018-02-13  Yes     -      -       -      -
    hackedagainanda  Hugo             HC     Necro  85     1.05  2017-12-17  Yes     -      -       -      -
    PhineasB         Pestilence       SC     Necro  81     0.74  2018-01-29  Yes     -      -       1      -
    aarrgus          Acala            SC     Barb   80     0.68  2017-12-30  Yes     -      -       5      -
    ioupainmax       Durnik           SC     Pala   67     0.23  2017-12-29  Yes    87     61       0      -
    Xul's Gull       Xul              HC     Necro  65     0.12  2018-02-06  No      -      -       -      -
    kyndig           DrearyAura       HC     Sorc   62     0.00  2018-02-08  Yes     -
    Sleepybear123    Rob_theBarb      HC     Barb   50     0.05  2018-01-06  Yes     -      -       -     10
    weezaard         Cypher           SC     Druid  46     0.00  2018-02-11  Yes    28     20       3      -
    Smittyphi        SliceNDice       SC     Sin    36     0.00  2018-02-01  Yes     6      -       4      -

Resting Heroes
    Code:
    Neksja           Aura             SC     Pala   98.50  3.37  2017-03-16  Yes  8606    464       -      -
    hasuprotoss      Reina            SC     Sorc   97     2.96  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1751    384       -      -
    Tarantella       Tarasha          HC     Sorc   96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
    Grim             Furious_Blonde   SC     Ama    96     2.72  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
    XyleneCyanol     Fishie           HC     Sorc   95     2.49  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
    ThomasJohnsen    xInTheBuffx      HC     Sorc   95     2.49  2017-03-31  Yes     -      -       -      -
    Reyz             Qty              SC     Sorc   93     2.10  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
    Chaostar         Prairie          SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   659    261      12    126
    OldSoldier       Battleforge      HC     Pala   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    236       -      -
    tokerdin         tokeress         SC     Sorc   91     1.76  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
    Southpaw         Njord            SC     Druid  90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
    Qwernt           CanbeOnlyBlizz   SC     Sorc   90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?      ?
    MercMan          Este             SC     Ama    90     1.62  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes  1212    278       2      ?
    Lynchgrinch      Tattersail       SC     Sorc   89     1.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    321       ?      ?
    LiquidClear      Sally            SC     Sin    **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   225      -       1      -
    liquid_mage      zDadColdSorc     SC     Sorc   **     1.36  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -    160       -      -
    Neksja           Turirao          SC     Druid  87     1.25  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   191    124       5      -
    Gladstone        Socrates         HC     Druid  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  -       -      -       -      -
    Zenigma          Gnosis           SC     Druid  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -
    Lord Molybdenum  Cruise_Control   SC     Necro  86     1.15  YYYY-MM-DD  No    115     94      19      -
    Naturallog       Athos            HC     Barb   84     0.96  YYYY-MM-DD  No    159    105       0      -
    Lord Molybdenum  Verisimilitude   SC     Ama    83     0.**  YYYY-MM-DD  No     28     25       0      -
    Qwernt           AmaAgainstAll    SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
    Gambit           Mallenroh        SC     Sorc   81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
    Lord Molybdenum  But_Why          SC     Sin    81     0.74  YYYY-MM-DD  No     55     51      53      -
    Jean Avila       SpeedAdict       SC     Ama    77     0.52  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -     50
    logoutzero       Digimon          HC     Necro  76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes    85     65       0      -
    TwentyMuleTeam   Rayne            SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes   195    140       -      ?
    Gripphon         Ryu              SC     Sorc   76     0.48  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       ?     13
    Darke Rahl       Bells            HC     Ama    74     0.40  YYYY-MM-DD  No     19      -       0      -
    Xul's Gull       Araphel          HC     Necro  60     0.12  2017-12-21  No      -      -       -      -
    Vildecor         Celia            SC     Ama    59     0.11  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes    52     43       0      -
    TrU              Henryk           SC     Barb   41     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -      22     12
    Gambit           Colossus         SC     Pala   39     0.02  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     0      0       0      0
    Smancer          Smancer          SC     Necro  26     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     1      -       -      -
    BKC              FearsomeFreddie  SC     Necro  23     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  Yes     -      -       -      -
    Ergroilnin       Erilinda         HC     Sorc   20     0.00  YYYY-MM-DD  No      -      -       -      -

The Fallen
    Code:
    MizzouFTW        Pure             HC     Necro  86     1.15  2018-01-10  Yes     -      -       1      -
    coju             NintyNine_orRiP  HC     Sorc   81     0.74  2016-04-07  Yes     -      -       1      -
    TwentyMuleTeam   Valus            HC     Barb   76     0.48  2016-10-27  Yes     -      -       1      -
    Pb_pal           Stevesy          HC     Pala   76     0.48  2017-06-19  Yes     -      -       1      -
    Tenecabo         OldShatterhand   HC     Druid  49     0.04  2016-06-16  Yes     -      0       1      -
    coju             fB               HC     Sorc   29     0.00  2016-04-09  Yes     1      1       1      2
    Kitteh           Verallus         HC     Druid  26     0.00  2016-03-25  No      -      -       1      -
    logoutzero       Rolex            HC     Barb   21     0.00  2016-03-26  Yes     0      0       1      1

Pb_pal, T72on1, ffs and 2 others like this.
  14. kyndig

kyndig Diabloii.Net Member

Ok quick update. Had some extra time so ran the crap out of NM and got my sorc to 75. Still missing great gear, but resists are fairly high for Hell. My sorc has Oculus, Rhyme shield, Lore helm, Stealth Armor, Waterwalks boots and MF gloves belt and rings. My merc has an insight made from partizan base, best I could find in NM so far, Shaftstop armor, and 3 socket winged helm with P topazs. I did find a nice two socket eth shako base which i turned into a lore helm for my sorc.

So now I am Hell and it really is hell. I am finding every other mob is cold immune. I really need need some advice. I don't feel squishy in Hell, but I struggle to kill every other mob. Should I just bypass everything until the Pit and grind there? I do have 1 pt in fireball and 1 in fire mastery which helps. Need some advice from sorc experts. Thanks.

Hall of Fame
    Code:

Questing Heroes
    Code:
    Yng              Sophie           SC     Sorc   97     3.06  2018-02-12  Yes     -      -       8      -
    kyndig           DrearyAura       HC     Sorc   75     0.00  2018-02-12  Yes     -

Resting Heroes
    Code:

The Fallen
    Code:

[/QUOTE]

PhineasB and T72on1 like this.
  15. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

@ffs why infinity on a necro? To make the fire dmg from corspe explosion more effective?

16. ffs

ffs Diabloii.Net Member

It improves summons a lot too but yeah mostly to increase CE damage (as if it wasn't OP already). It's not as much of a game changer than it is for e.g. lightning based builds who need to be viable at all, Nec can be played without it ofc. But it provides a massive boost, great Merc weapon on its own and overall best option.

drmalawi likes this.
  17. Pb_pal

Pb_pal Diabloii.Net Member

Not sure about raw numbers, but the one I built melted /p5 cows int he RFL no problem, so that's a decent benchmark. That wasn't with ideal gear either (no ravenlore, bkwb, or perfect facets).

FIs, well, you skip them. Infinity will help with that by breaking what it can, but other than waiting for the merc to kill them you're kind of pooched. Volcano does do some physical damage as well, so for isolated bosses it can help speed things up a bit.

Do what you can to get to the Ancient Tunnels in Act 2. That's where a cold sorc will thrive as there are no CIs. Basically teleport your way to Andariel, kill her, then bee-line for the Lost City and get running the AT.

kyndig and T72on1 like this.
  18. T72on1

Agreed. Get to the AT asap and run that. One minor nitpick: there are no inherent CIs. Once in a while a unique boss can spawn CI. Just skip him, unless your merc can take him down fast enough.

Edit: @Pb_pal Man, I get a smile on my face every time you post here, and I realize you are back :). Eleanor was such a big inspiration !!! And coming with that, all the info you gave us on doing a 99er.

kyndig and Pb_pal like this.
  19. Smittyphi

Smittyphi Diabloii.Net Member

Any decent places to go farming for a BF/lightning sentry sin once I get to Hell?

20. Yng

Yng Diabloii.Net Member

@Smittyphi if you can manage the quests leading up to it, I’d recommend LK as you won’t have much killing power early on in Hell but you can still be very efficient in LK with just BoS/Harmony/40 FRW boots and a decent map.

PhineasB, T72on1 and Smittyphi like this.