Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kitteh, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

Welcome to the relaunch of Kesteg's original untwinked 99er tournament, which you can find here.

Rules:
    ~No twinking! So no trading or using any items that your other characters have found.
    ~Muling is allowed and you can save any item she wants to use later.
    ~No MP games except to reset a map in normal.
    ~Version 1.13+

Everybody is welcome to take part and can do so as many times as they wish.

Code:
    Name (F)    Name (C)    SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U    # of Hours
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kitteh      Verallus     HC      N/A       N/A            No            0       N/A

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    lolien likes this.
  2. Tarantella

Tarantella IncGamers Member

An auspicious moment to start the tourney!

Can there be only one?

lolien likes this.
  3. Kitteh

There can be many, but the first will forever be known!

lolien likes this.
  4. NanoMist

NanoMist IncGamers Member

Thanks for starting this! I will update as soon as I can, since I spurred this on.

Can I suggest the "# of Hours In" column? It'll be an optional statistic, of course, for those who want to keep track of that. I know I will, so you've got at least one person there.

lolien and Kitteh like this.
  5. Kitteh

I sure can :)

lolien and NanoMist like this.
  6. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

So it begins.

I don't think I'll keep track of the hours put in, but we'll see how that goes once I get going. As I stated in the previous thread, I'm going with a sorceress on this one. I was extremely tempted to take a trapper through though, and will most likely start one up at some point as a side project (as if I need one!).

Good luck out there everyone, and be safe HC players (you're crazy)!

Code:
    Name (F)    Name (C)    SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U    # of Hours
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kitteh      Verallus     HC      N/A       N/A            No            0       N/A
    Pb_pal      Eleanor      SC      Sorc      N/A            No            0       N/A

7. coju

coju IncGamers Member

What do you mean by resetting a map in normal? We can only reset maps before nightmare? What if I don't like my initial LK map and want to reroll?

lolien likes this.
  8. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Damn you !!! I finally started playing my Lack of Information character, had an idea for a project or even tournament around TC3s and I'm still tempted to start a Lightning Sorc in HC.

Ah well, we all knew this was coming: I'll join. I need a good SC character to run future tournaments with anyway. We'll have to see whichever of my plans gets priority.

And so my Sorceress 'Neverland' (named after the beautiful Marillion song) enters the game. I'll be keeping track of hours in, should be interesting.

Extended Stash is 'yes' in case I'm using GoMule, I assume?

Good luck everybody !!!

Code:
    Pb_pal      Eleanor      SC      Sorc      N/A            No            0       N/A
    T72on1      Neverland    SC      Sorc      N/A            Yes           0       N/A

No, you can reset in every difficulty. But in normal there is no other way to do it than using an MP game. Once in NM or Hell, you can simply change difficulty for that.

9. Kitteh

Correct T72 :)

I will start eventually, but LoI + exams + race season + new job = ah ****.

10. NanoMist

coju, I think it means that MP games may only be used to reset maps for characters that only have normal difficulty available to them.

If you only mule out, and never mule back in, would that count as regular stash?

lolien and coju like this.
  11. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Yep, extended stash only applies if you're muling back in.

lolien likes this.
  12. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

i'm very tempted, but will watch and cheer you on. Who will be the first to break double digits in the levels column!

lolien likes this.
  13. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Started Neverland, just to not have her on N/A level anymore :). Level 12, 1 hour in, tagged the Outer Cloister wp. No-twink is so slow early on ...

Edit: o yes, Neverland will be starting as Fire Sorc (Fireball / Hydra I think), and will be respecced once I need to, probably at the start of Hell.

Code:
    T72on1      Neverland    SC      Sorc      12             Yes           0       1

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  14. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Good luck, everyone! I won't be joining this time, but I'll be watching the progress.

15. NanoMist

Finished normal - not much excitement to report though.

Normally I use fire traps to expedite normal but decided to save a respec and go lightning traps from the start. Ran through most of the game at p1 and killed Baal at lvl 31. Had a decent WSK map so I ran some Baal hoping for some decent items while leveling up for nightmare. (Of course found nothing)

Code:
    NanoMist    Izuna        SC      Sin       41             No            4       5
    T72on1      Neverland    SC      Sorc      12             Yes           0       1

lolien, Pb_pal, T72on1 and 2 others like this.
  16. logoutzero

logoutzero IncGamers Member

Code:
    NanoMist    Izuna        SC      Sin       41             No            4       5
    logo        Rolex        HC      Barb      7              Yes           0       0.33

'cuz he's counting hours, and won't die. /thread.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    lolien, thefranklin, Pb_pal and 2 others like this.
  17. Tarantella

At p3 used javelins with cold damage till 12 then fireball. Tower next to waypoint so got runes for Pledge, Stealth and Nadir before rushing on to act 2 and the cube.

lolien and Pb_pal like this.
  18. coju

coju IncGamers Member

Code:
    logo        Rolex        HC      Barb      7              Yes           0       0.33
    coju    NintyNine_orRiP  HC      Sorc      6        Ohh yeah mama      all      Some

I hope my shenanigans will be accepted, once again. it's been a while, and why not. HC or bust, amirite?
    mmm... So far she has cleared the Den and got level 6. Doing 1 pt Warmth and I have a few in Charged Bolt.
    She is tan and has dark hair, which is one of my many types. I named her thus because there wasn't enough room for "NintyNineorDeeds" well, there was, but it looked funny.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    lolien, Pb_pal and Kitteh like this.
  19. coju

coju IncGamers Member

Why p3, if you don't mind me asking?

lolien likes this.
  20. Tarantella

Mainly to get to nightmare Countess at a reasonable level with minimum rerunning.

lolien and coju like this.