Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Untainted

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Holyknight3000, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Holyknight3000

Holyknight3000 D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator

The Untainted

I know this idea has come up before about Zakarum priests and all that stuff, I thought i'd tackle my own vision of the idea.

This class is a priest like class, I use the WoW Priest as a kind of framework to give me a starting point but that's all it is; a start. This class can use the power of light to heal allies and burn enemies. They can also use the cold void to freeze, and unleash utter hell on their targets. Though it is darkness they refuse to give into the darkness and just use it as a tool to help them. They also have hand to hand combat as the third tree. This may change in the future but its all i have for the moment.

I will update this post later when i build the skills and background.

The wiki page is here: Fan class:The Untainted

2. sunkenfaith

sunkenfaith IncGamers Member

Re: The Untainted

nice, that is looking sweet. Will read it thru!

3. Technomancer

Technomancer IncGamers Member

I've thought that a holy caster would be the final, missing chapter in the Diablo world. I'd really like to see something like this show up, at least in an expansion. People are turned off by the idea cause they think the only thing they can do is heal and cast buffs, but there's no reason why they can't bring down THA THUNDA!!!

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it! Good luck!

4. Kalara

Kalara IncGamers Member

Come on, can't we get something other then the goodie-two-shoes, holier-then-thou, narrow-minded, character? ;). Just teasing.

I personally thought that the second melee class was going to be a bit darker but we got the priestly monk instead. Blizzard said he was intended to fill the holy warrior slot so I don't see room in the initial release for another holy class. We still need a physical ranged character to round out the first five and maybe he will end up our "dark" character. The witch doctor doesn't cut it in my opinion.

All that aside this looks like an interesting class and I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

5. Holyknight3000

6. Kire

Kire IncGamers Member

What I would like to see here is some kind of combination of the holy with ranged attacks...maybe like a holy warrior with a bow/crossbow. There could be holy spells that damage enemies and debilitate them, plus ranged attacks that deal more direct damage, and some other tree of skills (like HolyKnight3000's Divine skill tree). Imagine blinding your enemies with a flash of holy light and then shooting them each with enhanced arrows while theyre blinded.

Just a possibility...after all, there is a VERY good chance that the last character will involve ranged attacks.

7. Holyknight3000

hehe yeah that would be fun I think. Blinding light with holy arrows in the heart /grin

8. XnightshiftX

XnightshiftX IncGamers Member

i think the pacing/ speed of the game as far as combat goes would make a healer obsolete, especially with how theyve done the health globe system. innovative idea though.