The Ultimate Twink?!?!?!

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
The Ultimate Twink?!?!?!

I was thinking about various lld, and an idea for a twinked necro to help you fly through the early sections of the game came up. Many high lvl summoners tend to use a very nice iron golem whenever they get the chance, so why not apply this to a much lower char? Once your little necro turns 24, why not throw some awesome uniques/sets onto him? I could just imagine a Necro strolling about Act 3 Normal with a 300+ damage Iron Golem, it would be insane. As long as you shop for the appropriate +3 GM wands, your golem should get decent life, and it would make those tough early bosses a breeze (ie. Duriel and Diablo Norm)

Any thoughts on the usefullness of "twinking" with an iron golem

(Disclaimer: No doubt this has been discussed 4734729 times behind my back :cry: , so do tell me if this idea has been discussed and what the consensus was)

Bogie,

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, I have never summoned an iron golem that early with anything good. It would be very interesting to try though. I am not sure of the damage bonuses an IG gets from its items other than cb and slow. Makes you wonder how good a low level dueler with an IG made out of grief could be...

ReiperXHC

Diabloii.Net Member
It could work. Doesn't sound like a bad plan by any means. I personally prefer my clay golem over any other kind (especially against bosses.) I equip my Merc with the crushing blow to get a bosses life down quickly.

-Reip

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
a week ago or so i got the same idea. http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=514609

I made myself a Beast war axe and made a fana golem at lvl 26.
I were REALLY impressed! i played through NM with ease.
The ias from fana made my merc leech so much faster.

And the skellies were just so much stronger to! Once i made Beast golem,
i never looked back!

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
Rofl, that quote is awesome, I remember that thread :wink3:

How do you get the quote under there?

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
edit your profile and the edit your signature.

He was either very funny or incredible stupid.