.:The Trader's Anatomy Tournament:. Updated

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
FrostBurn said:
It may be an issue to some for trading and MP'ing, but I fail to see why it could/should be an issue for a simple give-away.
Well, since it seems that this is directed at me again, I will respond to clarify why it matters to me for a giveaway. Sorry yet again Drixx.

Short Answer: My giveaway, my rules. :smiley:

Long Answer: My feelings are that is someone can't trade (and therefor contribute items back in a giveaway later, if they choose) then the items I give away are forever lost to the community as "tainted". I want to avoid that if I can. Now, I realise that someone can take items from a giveaway and never appear again, and they have that right. However, when I know the person I am giving to can't contribute items to others (even if they truly want to) I can and choose to avoid that. My feelings on this used to be the norm, although I can see that has changed in recent times. That's fine, but I'm still allowed to run my giveaway as I see fit.

FrostBurn

Diabloii.Net Member
That statement, Cattleya, was not directed at you. I was stating my own opinion to no one in particular. If you feel that it was directed towards you, then allow me to say that it is not, and I offer my apologies if you consider it an affront.

Indeed, it is your giveaway, so you can form the rules as you see fit. But now that you have elaborated on the matter, I can see why it can be an issue for you. You are taking the long-term view, i.e. items received could be traded/given away in the future.

For me, I simply saw it as the recipient taking an item, and not beyond that, which means it should not be a problem if there are unresolved issues with trading/MP'ing.

As you say in America, Peace.

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
ForumName: skoolbus
CharacterName: ohmygosh
CurrentLevel: 1
CurrentAct: 1
CurrentWP: Rogue Encampment
CurrentPts: 0

I suppose I should add that I would like to participate.

Tadzio

Diabloii.Net Member
Just a bump to remind everyone that this tourney is starting tomorrow. If you've been thinking of joining but haven't yet for whatever reason, you should probably add yourself today.

Lookin' forward to haggling some killer deals outta you guys!

Drixx

Diabloii.Net Member
Yep,

I'll be making a new thread tomorrow with a codebox listing all the participants. I've also got Freekje's stash, and in the new thread the link to that will be working :)

omgmir

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm going to have to withdraw from this tourny due to time constraints. :undecided:

Please remove me from the participants list.

Drixx

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd say we need at least 2 more participants. It will be very frustrating to be playing and nobody is anywhere near you in progress so you can't trade for better gear. With 10, I would hope that there's always at least one person who you can trade with.

Drixx

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm going to finish my 2000 mephruns. If we can have 4 more people sign up by then (800 to go, usually about 100 a day when I'm working on them), I will also do 10,000 pindle runs during the tournament and add their results to the winner.

If we can't get the signups, I'll shelve the tourney until September, in hopes that the fall increases peoples time.

wilypueo

Diabloii.Net Member
I am not sure if this has been cancelled, but sounds fun to me and add me in.

ForumName: wilypueo
CharacterName: Grin_Reaper
CurrentLevel: 1
CurrentAct: 1
CurrentWP: Rogue Encampment
CurrentPts: 0

ElmoCorruptsChildren

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd join, guys, but I'm using RRM. Sounds like it could be a fun tourney; sorry I suck and don't believe in my r00n distinguishing skillz.

GL finding participants! :thumbsup:

wilypueo

Diabloii.Net Member
I am still game but will have to create a different character for it since I used Grin_Reaper to do the SPUMF.

Drixx

Diabloii.Net Member
Sending this up to the top to see if there is still interest. A few more and we can give a go at it.