The toilet seat.

Stevinator

Diabloii.Net Member
I sit when i've had way too much to drink. alsoin the middle of the night, as to not wake everyone up with my 10 minute peee session.

yeah, I have this habit of being very dehydrated throughout the day, due ot coffee and then a drink or two when i get home...not drinking water much of the day etc. so right before bed I drink a big mugful (52 ounces--it was a big gulp deal at 7/11) of water. this garentees that I'll get up in the middle of the night to give myself some respite.

I figure it's that or die of dehydration.

normal times though. I put the seat, but not the lid down...after reading elly's post I may have to alter that habit.

Stevinator said:
I sit when i've had way too much to drink. alsoin the middle of the night, as to not wake everyone up with my 10 minute peee session.
Thats the best part though! I know I've done a good job when I take so long in the middle of the night that Aeval gets up as I come back to bed because listening to the waterfall for 10 minutes made her have to go too! :cheesy:

normal times though. I put the seat, but not the lid down...after reading elly's post I may have to alter that habit.
Aye, that's another factor in my habit. Nothing like grabbing your toothbrush and wondering about all the microscopic fecal matter that is chillin out there.

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
I always put the seat and lid down. I don't know why guys have to make an issue out of this.

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
i know that putting the toilet seat down is just manners but most of the times i forget :lol:

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member
excactly the reason why i sit while peeing. its a lot easier when drunk too btw ;) in bars though... wouldnt wanna sit in those things, so i gotta take my chances and try to aim

nrabbit

Diabloii.Net Member
when i am drunk and in a bar most of the times i aim for the trash can :lol: much more fun

Anakha1

Banned
When I'm drunk I just spray and pray. Pray that I'm hitting the water, pray that I'm in the bathroom when I do it.

CyberHawk

Diabloii.Net Member
MixedVariety said:
I find that never getting drunk improves my aim tremendously.

My thoughts exactly.
Also..she does so much...I think putting down the sit can only be in my favor as much as hers. ;)

Rius666

Diabloii.Net Member
All I have to say about this topic is something I heard a while ago when this topic came up: If women are too lazy/stupid/unperceptive enough to look where they sit then we men are too lazy/stupid/inconsiderate enough to not let the seat down.

Choogy

Diabloii.Net Member
Steve_Kow said:
This thread is full of logical phalluses.
You mean logical infallicies?

I'd say it's for politeness...or for practicing your ninja-stealthness. They'll never know you were in there!

I have heard from a very reliable source that women can in fact pee while standing up.

That said I put it down, I don't want stuff flying all over my bathroom.

adamfgt78

Diabloii.Net Member
As far as putting the lid down to prevent undesirable particles going on to your toothbrush and whatnot, I saw this on Mythbusters and it was busted. They found that, yes, poo bacteria does get on your toothbrush in your bathroom. However, an approximately equal amount was also found on the control toothbrushes located in various other rooms. Basically, your going to get trace amounts of particles no matter what.

In my apartment, I always put the seat and lid down so that the dog doesn't drink out of in. In fact, I, the man, get to nag my fiance about not putting the lid down when she stays with me.

masterazn

Banned
Elly said:
The toilet seat actually has a function. When you flush, the swirl action causes a plume of air carrying allsorts of lovelies up from whatever you've just left in there. The seat down before flushing stops this.

So do you flush after you get up or before?