Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Guide] The Time Traveler's Vortex - Part 2 - A guide to Version 1.00

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by helvete, Jul 9, 2016.

1. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

Typo, it's actually 182 ;)

game 2016-07-30 23-41-20-56.jpg

Treeharl, d2fan and pharphis like this.
  2. Treeharl

Treeharl Diabloii.Net Member

Prehaps something usefull for your 1.00 guide.

What should I NOT imbue?
    Plated Belts: Though many guids say plated belts are a safe bet to imbue the fact you get them from LK and Cow King makes it a big nope. Even plated belts from normal Cow King are most likely better than your imbue.

Mage Plate and Ornate Plate: Yay lets imbue the best armor of the game and... Oh wait defense effectiveness is reduced by 80%... So my exeptional armor basically has no defense?! Also if you want some for forwarding Cow King hell is your friend. Don't be stupid and imbue those!

Pike: I want a superduperimba 182 max dmg pike... (Ask Helvete). On a serious note an imbue'ed pike has 25 durability. Also Cow King normal has a very very decent chance of dropping 125 durability ones up to 158 ed. Don't ever ever ever imbue a pike!

Any boots: This is just plain stupid, you can gamble those for 2500 gold each (recommended level to gamble 32, definiatly not higher as 36!) or hunt Cow King for rare greaves.
    Any gloves: Just use frostburn, magefist or even bloodfist. If you're an ama and want 19 dex gloves, Cow King hell drops 19 dex gauntlets. Don't even concider imbueing gloves.

Any shields (Exept bone shields): Rare shields have a very very very limited chance of being better as their 1.07+ counterparts. If you're feeling really lucky you might imbue a bone shield for 20% icb and 59 life. All other types of shields are absolutely terrible. Pavises are always better from 1.07!

Any helm: Cow King normal already drops nearly the best helms in the game, you could also gamble caps for 2500 gold. Great imbue :)! /sarcasm off

Battle Hammer, Martel de Fer, Gothic Bow, Ancient Axe A poor choice, only do so if you're desperately in need of a rare of the selected type, Cow King nm is the best scource of those.

Grim Shields: 10% less block than a bone shield due to a 1.00 bug. Yuckkk!

What should I imbue?
    Wands: A risky choice that might turn out in one of the best 1.00 items. Though most guides don't recommend this I strongly do. A wand with 20 fcr and 4x resist is already much better than a shard which comes with an awefull 51 dex requirement. Wand's can spawn with 49 FE,LE,CE and 59 mana combined with 20 fcr. Oh and 2 nec is also possible... Cow King doesn't drop grim wands so yeah one of the best imbue's of the game.

Demonhide Sash: Aigain one of the most rare items of the game, if you're hungry for a low str exeptional belt for classic if you don't want to use plated belts for some reason.

Bec de Corbin: Not dropped from the Cow King, best polearm in the game, nuff said here. Random bosses on act 4 might drop one though. Finding one with 5 times durability requires some insane luck and isn't going to happen any time soon.

Bone Shields: only shield you should concider for an imbue. Very risky and the chance of something good is extremely low. It atleast has some potential in beating a 3 pdia tower shield.
    Knout: Not dropped from the Cow King, imbue this one for your zeal pala.

Scepters: Aigain you most likely shop a better one, but the potential of 2 pala 20 fcr 3 bh 49 lr is something you shoudn't skip. A gz rare scepter is even more rare as a gz rare wand so good luck here!

Ghost Armor, Serpentskin Armor:
    Though the defense bonus is nearly useless compared to their normal conterparts, you're very unlikely of seeing one. If you really want to imbue a torso, those might make your imbue worthwile.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  3. d2fan

d2fan Diabloii.Net Member

how do you prevent de seis from crashing the game?

maybe a very short fixed mpq would do the job, because it actually gives a usefull error code and not "error, i dont know what happened"

4. helvete

Don't do anything which renders the belt/inventory inaccessible (like WW or leap attack) when he's around. I think he tries to thieve a pot, but it's inaccessible, and that causes the crash.

pharphis likes this.
  5. d2fan

i dont think so, the patchlog states killing him causes the game to crash, and thats also what i experienced

(and leaping away from him, but thats another bug)

also: how broken is "multishot" enchantment? :p

the boss shoots arrows, even if he doesnt shoot normally

6. helvete

Reroll map then, maybe. I haven't had that crash. I have actually had NO crashes, which is a bit baffling. I experienced the Jehryn bug though, but I think that could still happen even in 1.09

Haven't seen that multi bug either, but I've "seen" some invisible missiles from time to time.

7. ephus

ephus Diabloii.Net Member

Hello all -

Great guide, Helvete. Thank you! It prompted me to go on ebay and buy a 1.00 copy.

Question: Is there any known bug to your own corpse in 1.00? I have a level 17 barb in act 2. Died in Claw Viper Temple level 2. Couldn't get my corpse back because of all of the charging they were doing so I left the game. No corpse when I came back. No corpse on CVT level 2.

Seems like it's gone forever. Unfortunate loss of a Lenymo.

8. Treeharl

Treeharl Diabloii.Net Member

Known, checkout atma's spot at act 2. Or go to act 1 and loot your corpse there.

@helvete I am making another "small"guide fully functional for 1.00 items. Work in process!

9. ephus

ephus Diabloii.Net Member

Ah, thank you! It was by the TPs in A2. Sorry if this was obvious to everyone else. 1.00 is wild.

10. helvete

I should probably mention that in the OP =)

11. d2fan

a very strange bug occured:

i rushed 7 chars with my barb

after the rushing my already baron barb was now "Sir" and couldnt join Hell anymore, but had the quest on nightmare done.

So i can only advice against rushing, at least backup your highlevel ;) (like i did after my failmuling)

pharphis likes this.
  12. helvete

Never heard of that one o_O but (another) good reason to back up chars. In any version.

13. d2fan

it was a rush through nightmare if it interests you

noticed it only after i slept (rushing is very tiring :p )

still very strange...

well, it was only from lvl 47 to lvl 43 lost

14. Mezion

Mezion Diabloii.Net Member

Just passing by to say that its a fantastic guide, very interesting to read. Since I played various version over the year but never tried to "go back in time", I will probably return to this thread a lot in a near future.

15. d2fan

got those two:

even tho the scythe has no -req, i will still use it, and the axe is for funz

Attached Files:

helvete likes this.
  16. d2fan

A very important note:

i have testes a random mortal de fer with some ed to test my hypothesis (upgraded the char to 1.06b)

the displayed damage in 1.00 only adds the enhanced damage from %-mods based on the txt entry of 6-13 damage

so if you find a martel with 120 damage it in reality a very nice one for later versions.

The same is true for all other bugged weapons, but on Execs the onehanddamage isnt bugged, so if you stare wih a barb on it its not that easy to overlook great weapons

i myself just have really wondered why martels seem to only get jagged affixes etc, while instead i probably have trhown away some useful ones

a martel de fer with 123 max damage WITHOUT some +max damage is a very good weapon and should be safed for later patches

VThief likes this.
  17. MizzouFTW

MizzouFTW Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I'm farming normal cow king for rare pikes. I invested in sword mastery instead of the correct mastery so I'll end up remaking this barb. For now, though, I'm having a lot of fun collecting chippies and rare pikes. I'm averaging a rare pike about one every four runs, a rare bone helm about 1 out of every 5 runs, and a unique every so often. Steel Driver and Face of Horror only so far.

18. d2fan

in 1.00

if you drop uniques on the ground, they can spawn in the game

tested with giant axe unique and cowking

pharphis, helvete and Eriklop like this.
  19. pharphis

pharphis Diabloii.Net Site Pal

!!!!!!!!

20. Eriklop

Eriklop Diabloii.Net Member

Wow, if what you say is true, no more rerolling cow maps and soj farming would be super easy. Nice find d2fan. Nice to see the 1.00 bug is still alive . Good work helvete and all contributers.