Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Thursday Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Lothric, May 12, 2005.

1. Lothric

Lothric IncGamers Member

The Thursday Thread

Well, I couldn't see one of these anywhere on the first two pages so I'm guessing it's been neglected for the day.

It's been one of those 'days from hell'. Spent three hours in a queue at the traffic department this morning as a placeholder for my girlfriend while she had her forms checked and double-checked and triple-checked only to be informed at the last that she was missing some info they needed and we'll have to go back next week. :mad:

Work wasn't much better (I was three hours late, understandably, which caused some...tension). Got through that though, and now I'm just lazing in front of the PC trying to destress.

I got my Werewolf druid, Maw, through Act 5 Nightmare a few days ago and I haven't touched him since. Having decided to start over untwinked I've come to realise that moving forward at any kind of pace with an untwinked melee character is going to require far more time and patience than I have for the game right now. I'm playing again - but time is at a premium due to all my other commitments so I dusted off my (naked) Sorc and started doing MF runs at Nightmare Meph.

After picking up some barely serviceable MF gear in the course of a day or two of runs I've been hitting Hell Meph again although I must say it's strange taking so long to kill him now that I'm without all my old +skills/MF gear.

Still, the drops haven't been toooo bad thus far. A Bartuc's has been the highlight and I'll keep running until I've got something decent to equip my Werewolf with. (He's currently wearing nothing but Blues/Yellows with a pair of Infernostrides as the only Unique, found on one of my Sorc's Hell Meph runs).

With that, I bid you adieu. Time to get some runs in before the GF finishes cooking.

Happy Thursday all. :)

2. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

Lothric, it's not called thursday anymore, it's 'friday minus 1 day'. FB changed it. Good to see your tar on posts again.

Started my first HC character last night, Uda, a bowazon. Don't know how far she'll get but I noticed I'm already leery of quillrats. Tension in a1 normal is not what I expected.

3. Lothric

Lothric IncGamers Member

Ahhh. Thanks for the heads up, Darkwell. And it's always a pleasure exchanging words, Sir.

I have just one thing to say to that - you are far more of a man than I will ever be. I lasted about a week in HC before realising that my heart just couldn't handle the constant stress. :D

Good luck on your quest.

P.S. Kudos on your signature. I couldn't agree more. :)

4. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

I've learned that HC is no different than SC, until you die. Good to have you back. As to my sig, only another romantic would notice.

5. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

I noticed!!!! And approved. ;D

6. slappy sam

slappy sam IncGamers Member

Plowed through Act I NM and Sewers with my trapper. I really wanted to get Gulzar my HF mercy :D . That was my goal. Oh and yeah I have a research paper due tommorrow that I just finished.

7. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Eh, trying to create my first Assassin (jeez, I don't know if I even spelt that right) and not sure whether to go traps or kicker. We'll see. I've been reading the guides and it's all a bit new to me.

Makes me want to develop another summoner. :lol:

I managed to get to level 22 or so just meleeing and just putting points into the one tree where I could get a Shadow Warrior and Cloak of Shadows. That CoS is a pretty sweet skill. Huge range and effectiveness. I can imagine that it would be considered almost overpowered once you get major skills into it. Or 1 hard point with +skills.

8. the_elephant

the_elephant IncGamers Member

Actually, the fewer points the better - you can recast it more frequently with fewer points in CoS.