Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Thursday Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Pb_pal, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

The Thursday Thread

YEs, you guessed it, the clock struck 12 once again (well 12:40 for me to be exact) and here's yet another Daily.

Today in D2, things went relatively slow for me, got my MA assassin some lvls, and Mfed a bit with my fishy, with nothing but another pair of Bramble Mitts to show for it. I think it's safe to say I got next to nothing done today, but it's only 12:45 now so theres still plenty of time.

hey, i just noticed my use of alliteration in the title...heh :uhhuh:

Anyways, I'm off to bed, hope some of you have more interesting stories to tell than me.

sweet dreams :sleep:

-Pb

2. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Anyway, I started my day off with learning that the biggest F*****S at my university just got elected pres/vice pres for our university. As a result, I went and had a few beers with one of my friends, who was one of the losing candidates. Anyway **** happens. I'm going to start pindle runniong or something of tha tsort to pass the time while i procrastinate on my homework.

have a great day!
    a mildly enubriated crg

3. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

My day is ending and my endless runs of Pindleskin have not brought me any items. Oh well...

4. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

well, stukck @ work, need to finish up some press releases, and mail then to 350+ people :S

anywayz, played with my javazone Carmen last night, got her a few lvls and helped a wild djinn along the way of nightmare :uhhuh:

finds while questing: ali baba, and a whooping, +6 to max damage/32 AR/17 to life Large charm :clap:

Hope to get some play time in 2 night... i really want to mat my javazone and fireclaw bear..

well, have a good one today all

robin

5. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

Think i'm finally back again... have been playing a bit on bnet again because a very good girlfriend of mine asked to come but after a bit of playing and having tasted single player for so long i don't think bnet is my think anymore :)

Well since the weather here turned bad again over the night and i don't think the weather will be nice enough to sit outside the pub for a :drink: this midday i think i'm off to mephi today to finally get that skullders and wartravs he is definately owing me.

Man i enjoyed the first nice weather of the year yesterday though :surprise:

6. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

Pindle granted me a Legendary Mallet yesterday. Was a Stone Crusher . . . bah!

guess ill take my anger out on him again tonight, bwahahaHA!

7. Dolph

Dolph IncGamers Member

Haven't gotten to much D2 lately, and now I am trying to figure out who to vote for in the Druid poll.

Have a good one

8. Kronos

Kronos IncGamers Member

Well, i created my sorceress, Midnight. I managed to lvl her to 15 on day one, taking my time. She's currently just rescued Cain (that putz) and activated the Black Marsh waypoint. She got mildly tweaked with some magical/rare equip from my previous pally and barb failed chars, and henceforth will be on her own. Was tricky killing things efficiently at the start, lvl-1 Frost Nova doesn't do much. Now that i have a lvl-3 Lightning Bolt i can actually help my merc kill things, lol.

9. kramph

kramph IncGamers Member

My skelliemancer, MacArthur, found my first Ali Baba while in the Dark Woods as well as a unique shield with +1 sorceress skill and a name that is completely unpronouncable, but it starts with a V and then deteriorates from there. :scratch:

10. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

After school I will go to Tal's Tomb to try to find some runes. I did one run last day and it was nice thing to do after those countless MF runs I have made, I felt more relaxed than while running Pindle for example. Also found Ettin Axe and Ogre Maul there :clap: I hope my results will be helpful in Rune Race , more people joining this would be nice to get more accurate info

Have a good one!

:)

11. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Darken Rahl was at it again last night, and he's now sitting pretty in Act V. The CS was a little annoying, with the oblivion knights casting IM a lot, but a few well timed corpse explosions solved that problem. Diablo himself was... well... pitiful. I had 9 skellies, 9 revives, a clay golem, and my merc all up on him, with decrep constantly looming over his head. He didn't stand a chance. He took a few swings at my minions and even a lightning bolt or two, but it didn't even phase them. No one died except him.

So I went out onto the bloody foothills expecting to see hordes of archers or something. Instead, it was just death maulers and the lil' teleport demons. That's it. I was elated, and smacked Shenk around as well. So I have the first waypoint in Act V, ready to get to the home stretch.

Really, the only thing I'm worried about is the Hell Ancients. Never fought them in 1.10 before, and with the FE bug everyone's griping about, I'm not too eager to get there.

Tonight is fencing class, which I've neglected for a week or so. Bah... stupid exercise. The human body should be self-sustaining. *rant rant*

Peace.

~K_P

12. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Went through the Palace cellar and the Arcane Sanctuary with my Hammerdin last night. Still haven't moved beyond lvl 81 (soooo, slow), but I'm still running at players4, just for safety's sake.

I think I'll go ahead and run a couple branches of the Sanctuary tonight at Players8 to see how that goes. I didn't have a single problem there--hammers galore at ~4500 damage...much death and destruction :)

Or...I may go ahead and see what waits for me in Tal's Tomb. Duriel frightens me a little. I always have a little trouble aiming at single targets.

I'm excited to get into Act III, for once, and smack the living snot out of those flayers.

13. ScarredDefiance

ScarredDefiance IncGamers Member

I finally finished Act I on my new Barbarian.. Kaalm. He's pretty good. I gave him the Isenhart's Set. (I know.. I know.. hehe) But.. it's helped him out. He can at least run really fast. :drool: I didn't play my sorceress much today.. but I did find a unique short staff! I still get all excited. It doesn't matter that I have fifty arctic belts.. they are still green and cool. ::Cheesy Newbie Grin:: I hope to get into Act 2 today.. get the cube. He has a belt full of partial rejuvs needing amped up. Hehe. I'm still debating on his merc though. Maybe a Defiance Merc to help his defence more.. not sure. I'll think on it.

Good D2ing and Happy Living to all! :buddies:

14. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

Levelled my fanatic zealot in with a few runs to the Pit in Hell. Only find of interest was a 6-socket Great Poleaxe, since I had no MF gear on. Now to find the runes for BotD... that won't be tough or anything. Mmm, smell the sarcasm. :D

Started a wannabe MeteOrb/MF sorc and got her through Act 1 Normal. This is important because she's the first sorceress I've ever played this far. I have to say I'm having more fun with her than I expected. I'm really hoping she'll continue to be fun, because she's going to be my primary MF character once she's in Hell and thus I'll be playing her A LOT.

Finally, I took my current MF-er, my WW barb, into the Pit for several runs. Despite only having at best 350 MF in his MF rig, he's making all kinds of good finds, getting something decent on almost every run. Most recently, rune staff and cryptic sword. Naturally, the one item type I'm really hoping for just will not drop. I want me a yari, dangit! Ethereal preferred but not necessary. This means that I have yet to see a single unique spear class weapon drop in these runs. Oh well. :D

Okay, off to play some more. Have a great day, everyone! :wave:

15. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

I'm working on my sorceress again, going to venture in and kill Radament, god doing this solo on /players 8 is so slow/boring cause noone can game with me.

If anyone can host Norm act 2 1.10 sc .. just let me know and I'll join up :thumbsup:

16. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Visceratuant is easy to pronounce... honest :)

Still moving along through Act 1 Hell, somewhat disheartened by the speed of experience gain (or lack thereof). Only 24 more levels to go, though :)

Have a good day!

17. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Saw the Passion of the Christ last night with some people from my lab. The poor Buddhist from Korea didn't see it coming, he was nearly ill from the violence. That's all I'm gonna say about that other than I thought it was well made.

I ran the rune race my results are in the thread for 1 run. Other notable finds, 2 skillers, a pally defensive and a P&B necro, 3 small charms with +1x Life and +1x Mana and a couple +12% single resists, and that little knife Death Bit.

I'm really glad they changed the drop system so you can actually just play the game and find things. It's a refreshing change from 10x6 Pindle runs. Even the pit, tunnels and masoleum have some variety to them.

18. Bongo Fury

Bongo Fury IncGamers Member

Let's see

Leveled my Realms Skellimancer 65>70 in some pubbie Baal runs. Survived a Trigger PK attempt along the way. Nice to have a Barb and Druid around to pump my life over 3k. I'm gearing him up for Hell now, but finding it difficult to get his resists in order. I sure miss ATMA's when muling on the Realms.

Did some work on my current SP project, an Ironman Barb (no interaction w/ townsfolk). Made it through the Palace without incident. Found a nice 3 socket ethereal chrystal sword along the way (added a +3 max jewel and 2 c topaz). The AS was a little tricky, my resists aren't too good and the Ghouls hurt badly with FB and FW. So I was more than happy to find the Summoner on the first branch (the easy, straight one, lol). Lured his minions off and killed them. Then lept onto his platform and got in on him without taking a shot. The Summoner has a notorious glass jaw, so the fight was over quickly. And then I got a game changing event, a Well right next to the Canyon WP. Woo Hoo. [Every TP scroll now equals a free trip to the Canyon Well.] This let me easily clear and hork the entire Canyon. Didn't really find much though; a +11 life/+15 FR Belt, and a 3 socket double axe. I was at L20, so I figured to take advantage of the well and clear the false tombs for some experience and items. Ancient Kaa here I come. I pulled out the Angelic Sickle I had been saving in the first tomb, figured it'd be good against all the undead. It was fair at best, but it only lasted the one tomb. I broke it before I made it out. Now sitting at L21, unsure weather to level up some more or try to go for Duriel. Hmm, havent gotten that @#$%& Kaa yet, ...
    (to be continued)

19. ashrael2

ashrael2 IncGamers Member

I played this morning for 20 minutes before I went to work and my level 85 Paladin actually got killed while I was going through some of the underground caves in Act 5 Hell. Those physical immune guys are really annoying when you are being assaulted by ranged attackers. Oh well, at least I wasn't hardcore ;)

In the RW, I started the process of moving last night. At least I have 1 month to do it so there isn't too much of a hurry.

20. buster

buster IncGamers Member

I’m trying to generate some interest in keeping a 1.10 grail progress table as a thread in the SPF. If you’re a grailer and would like to add your name to the table stop by here

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=155227

Update you number of missing items as you progress. The plan is to make this table as kind of a ladder of SPF members grail progress.