Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Three Way Dance - Redux (Signup Thread/Rules)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PSYCHO, Sep 12, 2018.

?

Are you chicken, or will you join?

Poll closed Sep 26, 2018.
  1. Blame Durf (I are chicken)

27.3%
  2. For great honour! (I will join)

72.7%
  1. Pb_pal

Pb_pal Diabloii.Net Member

I started! Great progress to the other runners, I can't wait to see how some of these teams turn out and the balance people strike with re-running.

Ribble

As stated during signup, Ribble will be a Lord of Mages with Revives as backup in the future, taking some pretty major inspiration from @jiansonz and his single-tree LoM Mago. That journey was super fun to follow along with, and if you have the time I suggest reading it yourself. I'm self-restricting Ribble to only 1 hard point in Raise Skeleton, and obviously he'll be missing CE so that should keep it pretty interesting! Enough chatter, let's get moving. :)

--

The beginning was as easy as it gets for necromancers. A point in amp, raise skeleton, and later Clay Golem allowed Ribble to simply cruise through the Moor and Den, dispatching Corpsefire with ease. Up through the Cold Plains he hit level 8 and grabbed a Fire Rogue before setting off for Blood Raven.

In the Underground Passage (lvl 2) Ribble hit lvl 12 and could officially begin his career as a Lord of Mages (or rather, Lord of a Mage for now). Onwards and upwards, with the army growing he powered through Treehead and freed the old bird from his cage before heading down for a visit to the Countess.

The rest of the act was pretty straightforward. Got the Malus back to Charsi and pushed our way straight through the Cathedral where we had our first taste of immunities.

[​IMG]

Look at those fire mages valiantly trying anyways though, gotta love their determination! Soon enough we had carved our way to Andariel. She decimated the mages quite handily, but Clay Golem for some dsitracting (and to keep her pointed the other way, along with Amp + Merc meant that she didn't last all that long in the end.

[​IMG]

The sabre and axe are both halfway decent, and one each will go to the other two team members to help them get started!

--

Team Parmecia (Pb_pal) - 6pts
    Ribble - (Necro: Summ/Curse - 10) - lvl 19 - Act II Norm - 6pts
    Ketto
    - (Barb: Warcries/Mast. - 7/2) - lvl 1 - Act I Norm - 0pts
    Bedoe
    - (Paladin: CSkills/Off.Auras - 7/2) - lvl 1 - Act I Norm - 0pts

Friiser, PSYCHO and Zyr like this.
  2. logoutzero

logoutzero Diabloii.Net Member

With the death of Sheev, my Super Unique Paladin, I've not felt so guilty playing with the Methodless.

Sylph, the Cold/Lite sorc, has reached level 21 and slay Radament. Gal, the aggressively mundane zon (get it? no Passive and Magic tree :p) has rescued Cain, and is currently level 16. She's doing quite well with a chippie bow, and I am strongly considering burning some of my fuller gems on her, just because why not? She doesn't really use any skills yet, though I will start pumping Charged Strike at 18 and hope that Tir gear can help carry it.

Galytrea likes to collect stones, as for whatever reason, she's currently the rune mule. Once I have hammered out a gameplan for the runes, I'll be splitting them up in case of deeds. I wanted them all in one place because it was easier for me to sort, and look at what I could cube. Storage space is tough, but at least we can farm when necessary.

I've got about 2 hours before I've stayed up so late I regret it in the morning, but I think I will play some more!

Pb_pal, Friiser, Zyr and 1 other person like this.
  3. Friiser

Friiser Diabloii.Net Member

Quick update....Hathor my bowazon got through the Maggot Lair last night, so her and Ptah my necromancer summoner are at or near the end of Act 2. My assassin Mut-Netjer is still in Act I, will get some activity soon.

4. jiansonz

jiansonz Diabloii.Net Member

I had forgotten about this character, but seeing some of the screenies brought back memories. Looks like I had some good fun...

I also got confirmation that I (at that time) only lacked one of the twelve merc types for a dodecavirate in SPF tourneys. Gotta see if there's a Prayer merc among my (few) Guardians since then... And if there isn't one, I need to look over the merc choices for my current characters. It's what I have in Hell that counts, mostly.

Good luck with your Necromancer!

Pb_pal likes this.
  5. PSYCHO

PSYCHO Diabloii.Net Member

Some movement in the ranks of PSYCHO's Talking Heads as MeatFist, Barbarian of the Wastelands and Slayer of EvilĀ©, becomes designated Andariel smasher for the team. Andariel, even at /players2 or /3 is no match for a swinging Axe with chance to cast Amp. Damage - and usually goes down in less than a dozen hits like the weak, multi-appendaged boxing bag she is.

I'm not sure how many runs I can stomach at the moment. Not much has dropped for me outside of a couple of newly-equipped-on-swap Crystal Swords (that make me want to run Frenzy instead of Conc/Berserk), and what is perhaps one of the best low-level rings I've ever found in this game:

Rune Grasp
    Ring
    Required Level: 9
    +77 to Attack Rating
    Lightning Resist +19%
    Poison Resist +13%
    Half Freeze Duration
    29% Extra Gold from Monsters

Maybe I'll just level MeatFist to 20 off Andariel and call it a day then proceed to smashings of the desert kind.

And to discuss the deserts of Lut Gholein, MrMarrow has already completed his sojourn into the sewers and gambled his Moron a nice Partizan with extra attack speed. Amp. Damage makes short work of everything that is dumb enough to stand still - the less said about Cave Leapers the better. Molpadia made dangerous work of Andariel, forgetting to lower the /players setting to '3' before entering the Catacombs, lvl 4, but persevered and collected precisely f-all for her trouble.

Here's a screenshot to keep you entertained and focused on the task at hand. Remember to get a character to the Cube, for great justice!

[​IMG]

Zyr, WilsonFisk and Pb_pal like this.
  6. WilsonFisk

WilsonFisk Diabloii.Net Site Pal

That's a pretty great ring, ESPECIALLY at that early of a level! :eek:

PSYCHO likes this.
  7. PSYCHO

She followed it up today with these two snatches - and convinced me to level 20 off of her just to see what else drops:

Grim Beads
    Amulet
    Fingerprint: 0x447af584
    Item Level: 12
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    +2 to Energy
    +4 to Life
    +8 to Mana
    Fire Resist +12%
    Poison Resist +20%
    Damage Reduced by 1

Ghoul Shell
    Skull Cap
    Defense: 15
    Durability: 18 of 18
    Required Strength: 15
    Fingerprint: 0xd877daa7
    Item Level: 14
    +33% Enhanced Defense
    +3 to Energy
    Lightning Resist +8%
    Fire Resist +16%
    Repairs 1 Durability in 33 Seconds

I've found a ton of throwing weapons, and it's seriously making me consider going Frenzi/Thrower throughout Normal and Nightmare, but I don't like the idea of running without a Shield. We'll see what happens...

Just another typical day in the Catacombs:

[​IMG]

Pb_pal and WilsonFisk like this.
  8. logoutzero

logoutzero Diabloii.Net Member

Team The Methodless (logoutzero) - 20pts
    Oltraneous - (Necro: Curse/P&B - 7/6) - lvl 23 - Act II Norm - 7pts
    Galytrea
    - (Amazon: B&C/J&S - 7/2) - lvl 20 - Act II Norm - 6pts
    Sylphenesys
    - (Sorc: Cold/Lightning - 10) - lvl 22 - Act II Norm - 7pts

Went ahead and pushed Gal up to Act II with the others. Excited to pick Oltraneous back up and push him to Nova levels. I know it won't be too powerful, but it'll be REALLY nice to spread the damage out, Explosion is so tiny! Sylph is fine, she's a monster with all the MPK gear she has.

Pb_pal likes this.
  9. Alittlepiggy

Alittlepiggy Diabloii.Net Member

Hey guys. After a good amount of grinding i have reached hell act 1 on my trapper and nm act 5 on my necro and druid. One close call on my druid in nm travical to amp + fe. I popped a juv after falling to around 30 hp . Other then that pretty smooth sailing so far. I plan to farm hell pits for a while with my trapper . I spent all of last night trying to not get shit on by archers but had zero usefull drops .

At the moment my trapper is 79. She is wearing +2 assassin skills claw . 3 p diamond tower shield. 3 p topaz crown. 11 res all 23 mf ammy. 5 str 13 light res 27 fire res ring . 5 mana .24 light res 13 mf ring. 20 resist vipermagi. 17 str. 55 life 9 poison res belt. 20 frw .38 cold res 11 light res 9 mf boots. She is rocking 1439 health and 290 mana. 1-2249 lightning sentry .785- 1006 fire blast. 75 res all running lvl 4 fade .

PSYCHO and Zyr like this.
  10. Alittlepiggy

Alittlepiggy Diabloii.Net Member

Team Three little piggies (Alittlepiggy) - 48pts
    pigsbro - (Necro: Summ/P&B - 48/11) - lvl 52- Act 5 nm - 45pts
    Manbearpig
    - (Druid: Elem/Summ - 42/15) - lvl 52 - Act 5 nm - 45pts
    Laserpig
    - (Assassin: Traps/Shad.Disc - 79/8) - lvl 79- Act 1 hell - 67pts

11. smloeffelholz

smloeffelholz Diabloii.Net Member

Team The Immortals? (smloeffelholz) - 25pts
    Persephone
    - (Assassin: Traps/Shad.Disc - 10) - lvl 22 - Act II Norm - 13pts
    Athena
    - (Amazon: P&M/J&S - 10) - lvl 1 - Act I Norm - 6pts
    Hecate
    - (Sorc: Lightning/Cold - 10) - lvl 1 - Act I Norm - 6pts

I have been pretty limited on time for playing these characters, but I am making slow and steady progress. Perephone is the character that I played first. I was really worried about being in hardcore and untwinked, so I figured a fire trapper was a pretty safe way to start. So far, she has not disappointed. She has been able to cruise through the first two acts without incident, and now she is making her way through the jungles of A3. Since her traps kill a lot of mobs, I figured she would be a good way to try to get some items for the other two to use. I also decided to take her to the end of act 2 before starting the other characters. This gave me a cube to condense all the junk I was collecting. It also allowed me to compile a set of low level MF gear that all of the characters have been using. She is up to 179% MF on her kills and 244% MF for merc kills (which I am not patient enough to allow typically).

Athena was the next character that headed out into the Blood Moor. She had a nice set of rare javelins at level 1 (courtesy of Persephone), and these let her cruise through the early levels very easily. It was even easier once she killed Blood Raven, and her rogue equipped the 3os long bow stuffed with flawed gems. Things did slow down once we got to the Monastery, since she didn't really have any skills yet. Level 1 Power Strike only goes so far on P8. Once she hit level 18 and got Charged Strike, things became much more manageable. For now she is sitting at the beginning of A2, but I am debating getting the cube with her to expand my total available inventory.

Hecate was the last out of the gate, and she has provided the most challenges so far. She is using the lightning tree first, and will probably be exclusively lightning into NM when resistances and immunities start to become a problem. Her tiny mana pool is already becoming a hassle. Lightning skills are not cheap, and she is guzzling blue pots like there's no tomorrow. I also might have switched to lightning too quickly. The top end of her damage is fine (~200), but she seems to low roll a lot, and I find myself hitting a shaman with 6+ bolts sometimes. She is also the squishiest, and has already been in a couple of spots that made me nervous (still around 50% health, but that is low enough for me). Of the three, I think she will be the most time consuming to get through normal. Once she earns her merc package though, she should take off with the mana boost from Insight. She is also at the beginning of A2.

Since all of the characters have been running with decent magic find, they have also put a dent in the TC3s.

Hsarus' Iron Fist
    Buckler
    Defense: 4
    Chance to Block: 0
    Durability: 11 of 12
    Required Level: 3
    Required Strength: 12
    Fingerprint: 0x2814ce69
    Item Level: 10
    +10 to Strength
    Damage Reduced by 2
    Set (2 items): +187 Defense (Based on Character Level)

Biggin's Bonnet
    Cap
    Defense: 19
    Durability: 11 of 12
    Required Level: 3
    Fingerprint: 0x73702973
    Item Level: 7
    30% Enhanced Damage
    +30 to Attack Rating
    +14 Defense
    +15 to Life
    +15 to Mana

Infernal Cranium
    Cap
    Defense: 5
    Durability: 9 of 12
    Required Level: 5
    Fingerprint: 0xcab80abb
    Item Level: 7
    All Resistances +10
    20% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
    Set (2 items): +150 Defense (Based on Character Level)

Gull
    Dagger
    One Hand Damage: 2 - 19
    Durability: 11 of 16
    Required Level: 4
    Fingerprint: 0x57ec271d
    Item Level: 6
    Adds 1 - 15 Damage
    -5 to Mana
    100% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Arctic Furs
    Quilted Armor
    Defense: 50
    Durability: 17 of 20
    Required Level: 2
    Fingerprint: 0xfc31b07f
    Item Level: 5
    +321% Enhanced Defense
    All Resistances +10
    Set (2 items): +225 Defense (Based on Character Level)
    Set (3 items): Cold Resist +15%

Lenymo
    Sash
    Defense: 2
    Durability: 6 of 12
    Required Level: 7
    Fingerprint: 0x6e73fd30
    Item Level: 11
    +15 to Mana
    Regenerate Mana 30%
    All Resistances +5
    +1 to Light Radius

Nagelring
    Ring
    Required Level: 7
    Fingerprint: 0xf7e64157
    +59 to Attack Rating
    Magic Damage Reduced by 3
    Attacker Takes Damage of 3
    26% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

I know the ring isn't a TC3, but it was too nice of a find to leave out. If it wasn't for the item restrictions in this tournament, I could be running with around 300% MF already!

Pb_pal and PSYCHO like this.
  12. ranagrande

ranagrande Diabloii.Net Member

Team Paige's Pages (ranagrande) - 19pts
    Tenzin
    - (Barb: Masteries/Skills - 7/2) - lvl 22 - Act I Norm - 7pts
    Petro
    - (Druid: SS/Summon - 7/2) - lvl 20 - Act II Norm - 6pts
    Caelius
    - (Paladin: Combat/Def.Auras - 7/2) - lvl 20 - Act II Norm - 6pts

Tenzin played through first to get the cube. He had one close call against a champion pack of Hollow Ones, but otherwise it's been smooth sailing. In another level or two he'll start using socketed flails that might last through all of Normal.

Petro seems like the weakest of the bunch right now. Hopefully that will change soon.

Caelius benefited quite a bit from being the last page to really get started. He and Paige both had very nice weapons fairly early on:
    Storm Wrack
    Voulge
    Two Hand Damage: 7 - 30
    Durability: 67 of 150
    Required Strength: 50
    Fingerprint: 0x94aeaae4
    +10% Increased Attack Speed
    26% Enhanced Damage
    +4 to Maximum Damage
    +11 to Attack Rating
    Adds 1 - 6 Lightning Damage
    Fire Resist +6%

Gemmed Superior Composite Bow
    Superior Composite Bow
    Two Hand Damage: 4 - 8
    Durability: 30 of 36
    Required Level: 15
    Required Strength: 25
    Required Dexterity: 35
    Fingerprint: 0xef9532c8
    Item Level: 20
    +3 to Attack Rating
    Adds 10 - 16 Fire Damage
    Adds 1 - 11 Lightning Damage
    Adds 6 - 10 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (60 Frames)
    +7 Defense
    3 Sockets (3 used)
    Socketed: Blanched Jewel of Ennui
    Socketed: Flawless Ruby
    Socketed: Flawless Sapphire

Paige has died 11 times so far, nobly sacrificing herself for her apprentices. This is due in no small part to her heroism and selfless nature, but also because as the main character, she has infinite lives. Her pages, on the other hand, are basically disposable hirelings. So if they die, they're gone for good.

So far in their travels, Paige's Pages have found 103 rare items, 2 set items, and 4 unique items. Three of those would be included in the prize stash.
    Arctic Furs
    Quilted Armor
    Defense: 45
    Durability: 18 of 20
    Fingerprint: 0xc6a37ae6
    Item Level: 3
    +280% Enhanced Defense
    All Resistances +10
    Set (2 items): +225 Defense (Based on Character Level)
    Set (3 items): Cold Resist +15%

Pelta Lunata
    Buckler
    Defense: 39
    Chance to Block: 20
    Durability: 10 of 23
    Fingerprint: 0x8585500c
    Item Level: 8
    +40% Faster Block Rate
    20% Increased Chance of Blocking
    +38% Enhanced Defense
    +30 Defense
    +2 to Strength
    +10 to Vitality
    +10 to Energy
    +11 Maximum Durability

The Gnasher
    Hand Axe
    One Hand Damage: 6 - 14
    Durability: 15 of 15
    Fingerprint: 0x606889d8
    Item Level: 8
    63% Enhanced Damage
    20% Chance of Crushing Blow
    50% Chance of Open Wounds
    +8 to Strength
    Ethereal

I know when I signed up I said I wanted to just do self-found, but now that I have seen the way this will all work, it looks like it would be fun to participate. Is it too late to switch? Or maybe I'll just add to the prizes without being eligible... I don't expect to win this thing anyway. :p

Pb_pal and PSYCHO like this.
  13. PSYCHO

I don't see why you can't be eligible ;)

Also, this is rather unfair, but check out this Merc Weapon I rolled - first roll, mind you - with the Savage Cube Recipe:

Savage Lochaber Axe of Slaying
    Lochaber Axe
    Two Hand Damage: 10 - 103
    Durability: 43 of 50
    Required Level: 21
    Required Strength: 80
    Fingerprint: 0x98d97535
    Item Level: 50
    69% Enhanced Damage
    +5 to Maximum Damage

14. PSYCHO

I'll be making a scoreboard update by the end of the day here in California.

MrMarrow has defeated Duriel and is now parked at the beginning of Act III. Duriel dropped a Bone Shield that looks extremely interesting indeed, and I think with some Perfect Diamonds in it, might carry my melee characters through the bulk of the game:

Gale Guard
    Bone Shield
    Defense: 20
    Chance to Block: 40
    Durability: 40 of 40
    Required Level: 8
    Fingerprint: 0x93ae9416
    Item Level: 22
    +10% Faster Hit Recovery
    +30% Faster Block Rate
    20% Increased Chance of Blocking
    Repairs 1 Durability in 33 Seconds
    2 Sockets (0 used)

Other drops from the giant fat slug include a Barbarian's Armour - sold - Civerb's Amulet - sold again - and some useless other Rares. Oh, a pair of Gorefoot's for the prize stash dropped though. And then there was this pair of gloves, which is what I like to call 'workable MF' - an item that is both useful for regular play but has MF on it too:

Viper Clutches
    Chain Gloves
    Defense: 8
    Durability: 16 of 16
    Fingerprint: 0x7bd27ccd
    Item Level: 22
    5% Chance to cast level 3 Frost Nova when struck
    Cold Resist +15%
    Fire Resist +14%
    Poison Length Reduced by 25%
    9% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Pb_pal and Zyr like this.
  15. Pb_pal

Update time!

Ribble

Ribble kept his momentum from the first act going, and headed straight down the sewers to dispatch Radament, before heading out into the desert. As soon as he had the cube he spent all the various diamonds he had found rolling savage polearms for the merc. Once he had a decent one, progress became a game of "follow Durga around and cast amp to make yourself useful".

His first S/U dropped in the Far Oasis, and although it's useless it's still nice to see. Ribble is up to 5 mages now, and will now focus on Skeleton Mastery to increase their damage and survivability. The army he has keeps things quite safe for him and he's never in any danger, as can be seen here in his encounter with Beetleburst.

For the Maggot Lair, the best course of action was to unsummon everyone but the CG, and let the merc do all the work. Fangskin surprised us before we could clear the rest of his room, but he ended up being no trouble for the team.

The Arcane Sanctaury was treated as the ML, and the merc/CG led us through to the Summoner. It was a beeline for Duriel after that.

[​IMG]

The fight was simple as the merc/CG/Decrep combo made short work of. Ribble killed Duriel at 26 (giving his merc this nice weapon upgrade!) , and then cleared two of the false tombs (including Kaa's) to hit 27. He'll rest there for now while his brothers catch up.

Other finds:
    - Duskdeep
    - Chance Guards (useless but fun to find)

Ketto

Ketto (the future Singer) set out on his long, normal-attacking road to level 30. It's been easy enough for now whacking through things, and the den was shortly cleared. He grabbed a Rogue once he hit level 8, kitted her out in Ribble's former Rogue's outfit and away they went. Blood Raven was soon dead, Cain saved, and the Countess dispatched.

There's really not much ton say about him for now, he's cruising well with the merc, using minimal howling and taunting when needed. They made their way to Andariel easily, and with ketto valiantly blocking the doorway and taking the brunt of the poison, the merc was able to easily survive and plink her into oblivion. Her drop was of course garbage, save for the normal topaz hiding behind the cursor.

[​IMG]

Bedoe

Not to be left behind, Bedoe, a soon-to-be Liberator (Charge/BH), also set out into the Moor. His first point in Might, and a decent little sword one of his brothers had found and the den was soon cleared, with Corpsefire standing no chance whatsoever.

Switching to a +2 Might scepter with two spare chipped topaz in it, he followed his brothers' footsteps, grabbed a Rogue, and plowed through Blood Raven before saving Cain.

He got Charge at 12, but can only use it sparingly due to mana constraints. Doesn't matter though, it's still fun to smash monsters around a couple times, even if it means pounding back the blues. He killed the Countess before calling it quits for now, and will finish up Act I next time.

--

Team Parmecia (Pb_pal) - 22pts
    Ribble - (Necro: Summ/Curse - 10) - lvl 27 - Act II Norm - 12pts
    Ketto
    - (Barb: Warcries/Mast. - 7/2) - lvl 19 - Act II Norm - 6pts
    Bedoe
    - (Paladin: CSkills/Off.Auras - 7/2) - lvl 16 - Act I Norm - 4pts

Zyr likes this.
  16. smloeffelholz

smloeffelholz Diabloii.Net Member

Persephone just finished A3, so I decided to burn through another chunk of gold gambling for better items. I was thrilled to find these gloves. They have 2% less MF than the gloves I was using, but the other mods on the gloves are great. I'm hoping that these can last me through NM, but I should have something better for hell by then.

[​IMG]

Friiser, PSYCHO and Zyr like this.
  17. PSYCHO

Nice gloves! In tournaments past, I had an interesting knack for gambling nice rare boots with Resists and MF, not unlike your gloves!

18. PSYCHO

Second scoreboard update, incoming! Please check your team on the board and let me know of adjustments that are needed (points, character levels, etc). If something hasn't updated right, or doesn't look good, chances are you didn't let me know - so let me know!

TWD - REDUX

Combined Leaderboard

Team Three little piggies (Alittlepiggy) - 169pts
    Destroyer pigsbro - (Necro: Summ/P&B - 10) - lvl 52 - Act V NM - 51pts
    Destroyer Manbearpig
    - (Druid: Elem/Summ - 6/7) - lvl 52 - Act V NM- 51pts
    Conqueror Laserpig
    - (Assassin: Traps/Shad.Disc - 2/3) - lvl 79 - Act I Hell - 67pts

Team The Immortals? (smloeffelholz) - 30pts
    Persephone - (Assassin: Traps/Shad.Disc - 10) - lvl 22 - Act III Norm - 18pts
    Athena
    - (Amazon: P&M/J&S - 10) - lvl 18 - Act II Norm - 6pts
    Hecate
    - (Sorc: Lightning/Cold - 10) - lvl ? - Act II Norm - 6pts

Team Talking Heads (PSYCHO) 30pts
    MeatFist - (Barb: Warcries/Skills - 7/6) - lvl 20 - Act II Norm - 6pts
    Molpadia
    - (Amazon: P&M/J&S - 7/6) - lvl 26 - Act III Norm - 12pts
    MrMarrow
    - (Necro: Curse/Summ - 10) - lvl 26 - Act III Norm - 12pts

Team Parmecia (Pb_pal) - 22pts
    Ketto
    - (Barb: Warcries/Mast. - 7/2) - lvl 19 - Act II Norm - 6pts
    Bedoe
    - (Paladin: CSkills/Off.Auras - 7/2) - lvl 16 - Act I Norm - 4pts

Team Egyptian Magician (Friiser) - 21pts
    Hathor - (Amazon: B&C/P&M - 7/2) - lvl 13 - Act II Norm - 7pts
    Mut-Netjer
    - (Assassin: Traps/Shad.Disc - 10) - lvl ? - Act I Norm - 3pts
    Ptah
    - (Necro: Curse/Summ - 10) - lvl 19 - Act II Norm - 11pts

Team The Methodless (logoutzero) - 20pts
    Oltraneous - (Necro: Curse/P&B - 7/6) - lvl 23 - Act II Norm - 7pts
    Galytrea
    - (Amazon: B&C/J&S - 7/2) - lvl 20 - Act II Norm - 6pts
    Sylphenesys
    - (Sorc: Cold/Lightning - 10) - lvl 22 - Act II Norm - 7pts

Team Paige's Pages (ranagrande) - 19pts
    Tenzin - (Barb: Masteries/Skills - 7/2) - lvl 22 - Act II Norm - 7pts
    Petro
    - (Druid: SS/Summon - 7/2) - lvl 20 - Act II Norm - 6pts
    Caelius
    - (Paladin: Combat/Def.Auras - 7/2) - lvl 20 - Act II Norm - 6pts

Team Procrastination Kills (zemaj) - 7pts
    TWDWaltz - (Barb: CSkills/Warcries - 7/2) - lvl 1 - Act I Norm - 0pts
    TWDShuffle
    - (Sorc: Lightning/Cold - 7/2) - lvl 20 - Act II Norm - 7pts
    TWDTango
    - (Amazon: B&C/P&M - 2/7) - lvl 1 - Act I Norm - 0pts

Team Avengers (WilsonFisk) - 6pts
    WhiteWolf - (Druid: Elem/Summ - 10) - lvl 20 - Act II Norm - 6pts
    BlackWidow
    - (Assassin: Traps/Shad.Disc - 10) - lvl 1 - Act I Norm - 0pts
    Thor
    - (Paladin: CSkills/Off.Auras - 6/2) - lvl 1 - Act I Norm - 0pts

Pb_pal likes this.
  19. Pb_pal

Bedoe

First things first Bedoe had to finish up the Act so the others could progress to the jungles. He took out the Smith and porgressed before hitting 18 in the Catacombs, giving him his first point in Blessed Hammer. Like Charge, it's way too mana-intensive to be of use right now so I'll hold off with further points for now. More importantly though, Bedoe got to put a point in Concentration, his main aura.

The path to Andariel was easy, and the fight itself was no problem since he got the merc into a position where she couldn't get poisoned.

[​IMG]

The drop was underwhelming, as it usually is. Onwards to the desert!

Ketto

Ketto immediately went and hired a Prayer merc (not sure what his end-game merc will be just yet) and headed down into the Sewers. Honestly, it was a little bit hairy until the merc was able to catch up to 19 and equip his savage polearm, but once that happened the duo was off to the races.

At this point Ketto could take more of a backseat and start practicing his singing while the merc shouldered the killing load. As most of you know, Howl and Taunt are an awesome combo, especially against Unravellers as Taunt keeps them from resurrecting and Howl can send the minons away so the merc can focus.

Radament shortly fell, he nabbed the cube and headed off for a (not actually that bad) slog through the Maggot Lair, and then the CVT. He hit level 24 in the Arcane Sanctuary, and subsequently a point in BO. It's not necessary for survival right now, but a little extra life is always a nice thing in HC.

After finishing off the Summoner it was then a bee-line for Duriel, and after lots of town trips, potions, merc resurrections, and patience, he fell.

[​IMG]

That Goreshovel is actually intriguing (Open Wounds), so I'll keep it around for now in case I want it once Ketta and Bedoe make Destroyer and unlock their weapon slots.

Like his brother before him, he cleared a couple false tombs to officially end the act at level 27.

--

Team Parmecia (Pb_pal) - 30pts
    Ketto
    - (Barb: Warcries/Mast. - 7/2) - lvl 27 - Act II Norm - 12pts
    Bedoe
    - (Paladin: CSkills/Off.Auras - 7/2) - lvl 19 - Act II Norm - 6pts

Zyr and Friiser like this.
  20. Friiser

Friiser Diabloii.Net Member

I will give an update later this week. Currently I am thinking about my choice of weapon and armor for my bowazon Hathor, given my desire for crowd control and safety. Knockback, slows target, freezes target, blinds target, confuse, flee, etc, and the ways of getting these with the gear limitations. Less concerned about my trapper and my summoner.

Edit 20181017: Updating the scoring...will give some write up later, for now I have to go get dinner.

Team Egyptian Magician (Friiser) - 25pts
    Hathor
    - (Amazon: B&C/P&M - 7/2) - lvl 24 - Act II Norm - 7pts
    Mut-Netjer
    - (Assassin: Traps/Shad.Disc - 10) - lvl 25 - Act I Norm - 8pts
    Ptah
    - (Necro: Curse/Summ - 10) - lvl 25 - Act II Norm - 10pts

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018