Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Three Way Dance - Redux (Signup Thread/Rules)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PSYCHO, Sep 12, 2018.

?

Are you chicken, or will you join?

Poll closed Sep 26, 2018.
  1. Blame Durf (I are chicken)

27.3%
  2. For great honour! (I will join)

72.7%
  1. xenocide78

xenocide78 Diabloii.Net Member

Just reinstalled the game and looking for something to do:

Team: So Lost

Korrath - Poison Nova Necromancer maybe? - lvl 1, Rogue Encampment, will go Mercenary Package

Azure - Lightning Sorc - lvl 1, Rogue Encampment, will go Mercenary Package

Sombra - Assassin of some type - lvl 1, Rogue Encampment, will go Mercenary Package

Will decide on some of these things as I get going.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  2. Vildecor

Vildecor Diabloii.Net Member

My team is returning from my post-RFL break. Just a score update for now, as most of Act III was cleared by the team 4 months ago. Next update will be for Acts IV and V and will include details and screenies. I promise!!

Team Subheroes (Vildecor) - 54 pts
    The_Weathergirl - (Sorc: Cold/Light - 10) - lvl 32 - Act IV - 18pts
    Stick_Tosser
    - (Ama: Jav/Pass - 10) - lvl 29 - Act IV - 18pts
    Mr_Bone
    - (Necro: P&B/Curse - 10) - lvl 31 - Act IV - 18pts

Pb_pal likes this.
  3. PhineasB

PhineasB Diabloii.Net Member

I think this is a great way to get into HC, so I will be joining this once my untwinked necro hits 99. The team will be the the Spirited Helenes, with the theme of lesser spirits from Greek mythology:

Team Spirited Helenes (PhineasB) - 0 Pts
    Eleos - (Trapper with merc package)
    Tyche - (Blova Sorc with merc package)
    Kratos - (HF/HS pally with weapon/helm)

Pb_pal and Vildecor like this.
  4. Pb_pal

Pb_pal Diabloii.Net Member

@PhineasB - Nice! Good character choices too, those are fun one and very doable for tournament play.

I've been progressing again with my team since the RFL and plan on finishing out my 3 characters soon-ish. I've been a bit distracted with he UT99ers but these guys haven't slipped my mind so exepct some company and a progress update coming. :)

T72on1 and PhineasB like this.
  5. Vildecor

The Subheroes have finished normal difficulty. The will all now greatly enjoy the benefit of Insight. Due to unfortunate circumstances I'll describe in a bit, there is currently only one Insight weapon to share between the three for the moment. Now, on to the details!

Stick_Tosser, LF/PJ

Stick_Tosser was actually the third to finish Act IV, but I reversed the play order for Act V, so we'll start with her. A recurring theme between all three will be mana issues. All three builds are mana hogs and so much time was spent picking up every blue pot that dropped as well as returning to town to fill up the belt + 4 slots. I couldn't complain though, they all kill faster than most untwinked melee characters at this point.

With Charged Strike at 10 points, even Izual didn't take long to kill on p8. The City of the Damned allowed a bit of sight-seeing as we spotted a rarely encountered structure.

[​IMG]

We of course smashed all the windows for good measure. Can't risk those evil forces escaping. I occasionally threw out a Plague Javelin every now and then, but the damage wasn't much to write home about. On to the Hellforge!

[​IMG]

YES! The perfect amethyst was the prize here. Combined with the Amn rune we collected just before and an extra Ral rune, I could now be on the lookout for Polearms to socket for Insight later on. Speaking of runes, The Chaos Sanctuary gave us a 3 rune drop. Too bad they were all junk. The oblivion knights in CS were the only challenge with their 60 lightning resist and affinity for using decrepify on the merc before fleeing. There was even one that remained alive.

[​IMG]

So much for full clears. Couldn't hit him with anything with him behind the soul brazier. He couldn't hit us either, of course. Infector's pack didn't lock us in a corner, and they were handled quickly with Slow Missles and Charged Strike. De Seis's minions were lured out and killed before taking him on. Grand Vizier went down the quickest.

We took on Diablo on p8. Mercenary almost survived, but went down a few seconds before the killing blow landed.

[​IMG]

Diablo Ice Shards anyone? His drop did not provide any upgrades. After taking down Shenk, a Sol rune was found in Arreat Plateau as well as a white Poleaxe. Here's where I goofed. I went ahead and cube socketed the poleaxe and it came out with 4 sockets. Then I went ahead and threw in the runes to make the team's first Insight stick. The screenshot of Insight also shows a mostly full stash. I threw the Insight stick in the cube. Can you guess what happened a few minutes later? I dropped 3 gems in the cube to upgrade them, opened the cube and immediately hit transmute...forgetting to take out Insight. It rerolled my Poleaxe into a Magical Poleaxe of crappiness. Lesson learned. Wait until Destroyer, then make Insight.

Stick_Tosser continued on, taking out Frozenstein with some Lightning Fury throws now that the skill was starting to become useful. Anya gave her a bow, which was sold right back to her. Nihlathak fell next, and the rest of the areas literally flew by with the increased killing speed provided by Lightning Fury.

The Ancients were taken on at p8 as well. I didn't bring extra pots with me, but it turned out fine with Korlic dropping first, followed by Talic and Madawc. Once Baal's throne room was cleared, things felt eerily familiar. Thanks to my untwinked 99er furyzon, taking on the minion waves and Baal felt like second nature. Except I left the players setting at p8 for Baal. He took a while, but eventually dropped. His drops were useless as well.

[​IMG]

The Moo Moo Farm was a piece of cake as well. LF eats them up so nicely. Unfortunately, the cows didn't drop a replacement polearm nor a Sol rune for a new Insight stick, so I'd have to rely on the achievements of the rest of my team to provide that. They were nice enough to drop a new pair of sweet javelins we look forward to using.

Mr_Bone, Bone Mage

Right out of Pandemonium Fortress, Mr_Bone found a nice shield that would replace his current one once he got his hands on a perfect diamond. The extra skill points will be needed, as compared to Lightning Fury and Blizzard, Bone Spear takes a bit longer to kill with right now.

[​IMG]

Out of mana pots. This happened a TON. He's still very safe to play with Bone Armor combined with curses. Hellforge was a letdown perhaps, but it's still just normal.

His first real test came with Infector's pack. He got the hook map and figured, 'OK, we'll just bone wall them off and spear them from safety.'

[​IMG]

Until I realized 7 points in Bone Wall isn't really enough for p8 normal here (51 life for the wall I believe). So instead, we used the standard TP back and run back from the waypoint. Pulling out a few at a time. Attract was useful in helping keep the merc alive, so it was used again for the De Seis pack. Before taking on Diablo, a rare throwing spear dropped that Stick_Tosser used to clear Acts IV and V with.

The Diablo fight took a couple of trips back to town to re-stock pots and for merc resurrections. Mr_Bone ultimately took on Big D himself for the last bit. More crap drops, no upgrades.

In Act V, Bone Spear got it's 20th point, and subsequent points went into Bone Spirit (for Baal, and other bosses). I plan on maxxing Bone Prison next, then Bone Wall. It will be interesting to see what kind of damage I can get out of these two spells once all 80 of those points have been spent. Haven't made a Bone Mage that far into the game yet. Oh, and of course the rest of the points after that will be dumped into Teeth for more synergy damage.

Act V's first challenge was this guy:

[​IMG]

I'm pretty sure the merc bit the dust rather quickly to his minions who had crossed the bridge to the right of the screenie. I had to quickly retreat, revive the merc and keep decrep and attract on the group, finally taking on the boss solo. In the Crystalline Passage, we encountered a Frenzytaur pack welcoming party, this time Extra Fast. These guys were much easier and we just powered through it. The much sought after Sol rune fell before hitting the Frozen River.

As I usually do, I tried to bottleneck Frozenstein's group on the bridge to Anya, but the mercenary wasn't cooperative. Still, situations like this are perfect for Bone Spear, even with a Yeti bashing you in the face. Mr_Bone won the necromancer duel and got a crappy reward from Anya. It's ok, the real prize was the Partizan we found on our way to Nihlathak. The cube socket recipe gave it 4 sockets and, not repeating the mistake we made with Stick_Tosser, we handed the mercenary the Partizan in this state until we made Destroyer. It was a damage increase for the merc anyway, which was greatly appreciated.

The Infernal Pit dropped the Subheroes first exceptional unique, Bloodletter. The ancients were taken on at p3. No epic screenshots, the fight didn't last long. None of Baal's minion groups gave us too much trouble. Lister's pack was pulled out 1-2 at a time. Baal was also taken on at p3. He cloned himself, but that was just delaying the inevitable. As seems obligatory, he dropped nothing useful.

[​IMG]

Finally, we can use Insight. Horrible damage roll, but at least it's in an exceptional base, and there will be plenty of opportunity to hunt for etheral replacements. Spear-spamming was much more satisfying in the Cow Level with the help of the meditation aura. It's damage is starting to get much more decent as well (at 660 average damage now), so things are looking up.

The_Weathergirl

The first to finish Act IV, and the last to finish Act V, The_Weathergirl was the greediest blue pot-drinker of the group. She was also the easiest one to do the playthroughs with, thanks to Blizzard, Static Field, and Teleport. Taking on Izual on p8? No problem, spam static til he's slivered. The Hellforge dropped another Perfect Amethyst, but it would take a long time before a polearm dropped that we could cube socket.

It got 2 sockets anyhow. :mad:

Nothing in the Chaos Sanctuary could stand the chilling temperatures of her Blizzards, and she quickly took down Infector, De Seis, and Vizier. Again, thanks to Static Field, The_Weathergirl's mercenary was the only one of the three to survive the entire Diablo fight.

[​IMG]

The second Prime Evil fell and left nothing useful. Blizzard continued to reign supreme even in the already cold climate of the north. Lightning became very useful for taking out the demon imps. Before reaching Nihlathak, a nice rare wand dropped that Mr_Bone will gladly be using until he finds better. He especially enjoys the extra mana it provides!

The Halls of Anguish dropped a halfway decent orb. It's not even that great, but the extra armor points and extra life will be useful. The_Weathergirl still kept the wand she was using (20% FCR, 40 mana) until making Destroyer since she desperately needed the mana more. Nihlathak dropped something she would love to use, but can't. Conversely, Anya gave her something she could use, but didn't want. Par for the course.

Continuing on, she still managed to find a few unique items even without being able to use the Chance Guards. This amulet will hopefully continue this trend going forward.

Continuing on, The_Weathergirl slaughtered p3 Ancients and wiped the floor with Baal's minions. Baal himself quickly followed and gave nothing useful, but the team's 2nd exceptional unique. It was accidentally sold instead of being put in the team stash, but I doubt there will be any prize claiming anyway.

[​IMG]

Cow Level was completed with no exciting drops. Insight actually still didn't help her mana issues all that much due to her small mana pool (sub 200 after switching to the rare orb). I could probably through a few levels' worth of points in energy (like I decided to do for Mr_Bone), but I don't really have the spare points to do so. After making Destroyer, I used her respec to get max Blizzard and Nova. I plan on giving her a 3 pDiamond Tower Shield and I'd like her to at least get the listed block rate with it, so I'll just have to keep using lots of mana pots until she gets more mana from gear or levels.

I think from this point forward I'll limit my updates to one character. These long update posts are grueling!

Team Subheroes (Vildecor) - 90 pts
    The_Weathergirl - (Sorc: Cold/Light - 10) - lvl 48 - Act I NM - 30pts
    Stick_Tosser
    - (Ama: Jav/Pass - 10) - lvl 48 - Act I NM - 30pts
    Mr_Bone
    - (Necro: P&B/Curse - 10) - lvl 48 - Act I NM - 30pts

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    PhineasB, zemaj, Pb_pal and 1 other person like this.
  6. Pb_pal

Pb_pal Diabloii.Net Member

Awesome job on the triple Destroyers!

7. Vildecor

As the slowest runner of the team, Mr_Bone got to start things out in NM. Running at p7, his kill speed actually isn't that bad. Bone Spirit got maxxed and points are now going into Bone Prison (which got zero use). I found my first exceptional unique in Jail level 1. In the third level of the jail, I found Rockfleece, which I gave to Alhizeer. Combined with the 6% LL/57 life/2 MDR circlet, he was much, much safer.

Mr_Bone053.jpg

Alhizeer even survived the Andariel fight. That is, until I spent to much time looking at her junky drops and he succumbed to lingering poison.

Halfway through Act II, I spent about 1M gold trying to gamble some upgrades for his rare gear. No luck, at least not for him. Found a couple of +1 skill rare circlets for the other two characters that I'll show off in their updates. I did manage to snag a plain +2 P&B amulet, replacing a res all ammy I no longer needed now that his unraveller head has 2 perfect diamonds in it.

We ran across our first 75% magic resistant monsters, the zombies in Lost City. They will be a pain if we get to Hell difficulty, along with all the greater mummies (who thankfully had only 50% magic resistance in NM). Speaking of unravellers, the tombs of Tal Rasha saw plenty of corpse explosion -- but only to prevent the raising of burning dead. I had one close call in one of the false tombs against a boss pack when I was a bit too close to the action and didn't realize my bone armor had faded.

Mr_Bone057.jpg

Duriel was no problem at all. Alhizeer's health bar stayed green the entire fight except after one Charge. His drop looked exciting, but the ring was just another Manald Heal of course. Mr_Bone is now relaxing in Lut Gholein, waiting for the other two subheroes to catch up.

I think I'll focus on finishing the team up before continuing with my Spearzon in the Overburdened Tourney and my Exhibition Mode Druid. Perhaps I can finish nightmare before the MFO starts.

Team Subheroes (Vildecor) - 102 pts
    The_Weathergirl - (Sorc: Cold/Light - 10) - lvl 48 - Act I NM - 30pts
    Stick_Tosser
    Mr_Bone
    - (Necro: P&B/Curse - 10) - lvl 60 - Act II NM - 42pts

Pb_pal, PhineasB and Luhkoh like this.
  8. Vildecor

The_Weathergirl was next in line to tackle Nightmare difficulty. She got to start out with some juicy upgrades thanks to the drops/gambling done on Mr_Bone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also shown in these is the Tower Shield with 3 perfect diamonds.

The new orb was definitely much appreciated. Her mana problems completely disappeared when combined with Insight. The playthrough for her went blazingly fast and I'll just give a few highlights.

[​IMG]

Hazade wasn't as lucky as Mr_Bone's mercenary and did not survive the fight with Andariel. Her drops did not include any upgrades. The Vipermagi had the worst roll at 20 resist all. I can't use it. My merc doesn't want it. It qualifies as junk in my book.

I decided to play it safe in the 2nd level of the Claw Viper Temple, taking on Fangskin's pack from the safety of the altar itself.

[​IMG]

Duriel took a while to kill with Blizzard. Maybe because I was a dolt and forgot to drop the players setting down from 7.

[​IMG]

He finally fell and dropped more junk to sell, including a Dwarf Star ring.

The last stretch of Act II saw a couple of nice upgrades. These boots are very yummy, though I will miss the 20% FRW on the ones I had. It's a bit on the big side, but I will likely keep a place in my inventory for this useful charm.

Other finds along the way: The Iron Jang Bong, Rite of Passage, Lum, Undead Crown, Steeldriver, Tancred's Weird, Cathan's Rule, Ripsaw, and Wormskull.

Currently, Stick_Tosser is closing in on Andariel and will probably go all the way to Diablo in the next update.

Team Subheroes (Vildecor) - 114 pts
    The_Weathergirl - (Sorc: Cold/Light - 10) - lvl 60 - Act II NM - 42pts
    Stick_Tosser
    Mr_Bone
    - (Necro: P&B/Curse - 10) - lvl 60 - Act II NM - 42pts