Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The thread of fine arts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by olimikrig, Apr 16, 2005.

1. olimikrig

olimikrig IncGamers Member

2. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

Those are excellent man! I'm a graphic designer, so most of my work isn't "fine art." I used to draw and paint all the time when I was younger, but I haven't done it in years. I sketch to get ideas on paper, but nothing worthy of showing. I posted these two pics in my last PotW thread, but they fit here and since I don't think you've seen them I'll post them again. They're two of the drawings I did for my RISD application.

Bike
    Hand

You can see thumbnails of some of my graphics work on my website.

3. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

Green monster

I am so bloody jealous of you two. Out of my entire family, I am the only one without any appreciable graphical talent (or patience). I can compose music like no one else in my family, but I am still envious of those that can draw as well as either of you.

Very impressive art, both of you!

4. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

very impressive indeed, this is amazing work you have done there, really beutyfull pictures, is it your job or just a hobby?, ive always wanted to be able to draw, but no one in my family is especially talented, when i say that i mean no one in my family know how to draw:teeth:

5. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

That Aragorn face really looks like taken right from the movie. Very nice job. (the other pics were great as well!)

Im not really a painter, but at least i have drawn my own avatar :thumbsup:

6. olimikrig

As for me, I'm only 18 years old and doing my education, so the answer: It's a hobby... When I'm finished with the gymnasium (about the same as high school), I'm assigning for a school here in Denmark called the workshop, to become Graphical designer...

Ev_ I think your great with forms, and the lighting on the bike as marvelous!

Have to wait 'till tomorrow before getting those sketches I promised, didn't get near a scanner today :/

Keep 'em coming!!!

EDIT: Oh, and by the way EV_, there seems to be a problem with the link to your HP, I'm being re-directed to an error site...

7. Burning Time

Burning Time IncGamers Member

Nice drawings, i wish i could draw tried a few times but its just not gonna happen, so instead i stick to making music, fulfils my creative needs.

Impressive art work tho keep it up.

8. Tor

Tor IncGamers Member

i draw random stuff in paint

gj

9. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

Are you getting this page, or something else? Works for me. Anyone else having a problem?

If that page I just linked to is the page you're getting, it means you don't have v7.0 of the Flash Player installed. There's a link on that page to go get it.

10. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Ev, your site is working fine for me. And olimikrig, those are some fantastic pictures! I liked 'em a lot!

11. Raistlin Majere

Raistlin Majere IncGamers Member

If only my scanner worked....

No wonder I could not handle higher math, my talents are on the opposite side of the spectrum.:eek:

Nice pictures man, got any more?

12. olimikrig

13. KiL

KiL IncGamers Member

Those are some excellent drawings on the site, and I know the effort you must have gone through to create them. I am just wondering though, have you been using actual drawing pencils with really soft and hard graphite like HB to 6H?

The only reason I am asking is because in the photos of the pictures the contrast is not that harsh, meaning it is difficult to decern the lightest lights and darkest darks and is composed of too much subtle grayscale.

I am not saying these things to be a snob or anything like that, its just I used to draw the same way, and then my teachers yelled at me enough and now my portraits are so much more powerful, and it really wasnt that much more effort, just adjusting to "seeing" instead of "looking".

Again, just trying to help and it could all be just a bi-product of the flash of a camera. I especially like the Gandalf rendition, trully awesome.

I don't really know how to post ay of my own stuff, and I would like to so we could be on equal ground so you could tear me a new one if you are at all offended.

14. olimikrig

Never will I be offended by criticism.. Two reasons: #1 I knew that I could expect some when I first posted these, #2 Criticism only helps me get better.

Yes I use drawing pencils, but usually soft ones... Only uses 2-3H for sketching up, then the softer ones when making the shading. I might tend to make too much grayscaling, the reason as to why this might be, is that I use my tortillion too extensively... I do this, however, to try and get a more smooth glide from shadow to light...

If you have access to a scanner, then use this site to upload pictures with. You can make a profile 4 free