Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Tempest Flurry Build (Heavy Attack Speed)video

Discussion in 'Monk' started by Genocides, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Genocides

Genocides IncGamers Member

So you may have seen my video posted on the monk forums or reddit it's currently working on the latest PTR if Blizzard keeps Spirit Guards as bracers and not switch them to a belt.

The build consists of 5 different sets of gear and then spirit guards as the only non-set piece.

Istvan's Paired Blades 6AS each time you spend stacking 5 times
    Focus and Resolve (Bastion's of Will) 50% multiplicative buff when generating and 50% multiplicative when spending
    PTR 2.2 v3 Inna's 2 pc double the effects of mantras and mystic ally.
    PTR 2.2 v3 Raiment of Storms 2 pc increases generator damage by 300% and increases generator AS by 15%
    4 pc Sunwuko's

Legendary Gems:
    Pain Enhancers, Simplicity's Strength, and
    Gogok/Bane of the Trapped/Mirinae/Defensive gem (pick one)

Skills:
    Crippling Wave(Rising Tide) +2.5 spirit for each enemy hit
    Dashing Strike (Radiance) Attack Speed
    Tempest Rush(Flurry)+150% damage for each stack added to explosion damage when channel ends
    Mantra of Salvation(Perseverance)
    Sweeping Wind (Inner Storm) Spirit Regen
    Mystic Ally Fire Ally

Passives:
    Mythic Rhythm
    Harmony
    Alacrity
    Seize the Initiative/Determination/Momentum/Guardian Spirit

Stack:
    Resource Cost Reduction
    Attack Speed
    CDR where you want
    Tempest Rush Damage
    Crippling Wave (optional)

So it builds spirit fast from gen, adds BoW gen buff, uses TR builds 5 stacks of Istvan's quick, adds BoW spend buff, drops a TR Flurry bomb, rinse repeat. It's fun timing everything (still trying to master it)

http://diablonut.incgamers.com/skil...lX0UrMjA5NjI4KzE1NjQ5Mis0MDQxNjgrMzE1MjcxKzE=

LukDeRiff likes this.
  2. LukDeRiff

LukDeRiff IncGamers Member

The build looks sweet! How much have you long have you been testing it ? Have you taken it into higher GRs ?

The iteration you have shown seems very squishy but the dmg is very respectable. Some things you might want to try out:

Use a different ally, Fire seems to be pretty good but I could see Air or Enduring Ally working as well.
    Use Mantra of Salvation - Salvation. Elictrified is the bane or all high as builds. It is dodgeable though so the dodge from the Agility rune can be a huge survivabilty boost.
    Sweeping Wind is not that great for spirit generation, Blinding Light - Infused with Light might be a great option since you are generating most of your spirit through generators.
    How much have you played around with different generators ? Crippling Wave seems decent but I am wondering if that is truly the best option.

Anyways, I love the build and would like to see your progress if you keep testing and experimenting!

3. Genocides

Yeah the dodge rune might be worthwhile haven't tried it yet. I've tried several generators, but Rising Tide works really well because of how many mobs it hits each adding 2.5 spirit and not to mention the defensive components of crippling wave (mob attack speed etc.) and the generator damage itself.

The better solution is likely to just use a defensive legendary gem instead of Bane of the Trapped. I can't use Blinding Light when I'm not stacking CDR and one of the whole points of my build is to not stack CDR.

Inner Storm is consistent regen when you need it to be.

4. Genocides

Hate to double post, but here's another video of it using Flying Dragon and taking advantage of the teleport and 3rd hit freeze from Fist of Thunder - Wind Blast oh and MoS- Agility.

Perendi would have died in close to a minute had it not been for the last minute hulk smash that hit me.

Edit: Oops just noticed the edit button. How long has that been around?