The Survivor Tourney Thread

azn_apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member
@Illiana: I would say give up the topaz or the Azure GC. This is a tough one, since none of the items are that good. Anyway, this one depends on how much Cattleya likes MF, so I'll leave the decision up to her.

@Gaz: Welcome to the tourney. You can join, since we just had someone drop and there are still many people in Act 1.

@BWask: I can tell you are new to SP tourneys, so you prolly didn't know about the "No Save and Exit" rule before, so I'll let your char continue. But since you know about the rule now, you have to abide by it, same as everybody else. In other words, don't do it again. Don't feel bad, this tourney was meant to be tough. Anyway, good luck playing your sorc.

@Everyone: For future reference, NO SAVE AND EXIT TO GET OUT OF NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCES!

azn_apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member
Hiedran said:
Can you curse a shield and force use of the Act III morons for 2h wielders?
Nah...they get to choose their own merc. If it's not an Act 3 merc, then they cannot curse a shield onto that merc, since there would be nowhere to put it.

EDIT: Another thing. When you curse a hat, chest armor, or shield that either the loser or his merc can wear, you must specify which one of them is to wear it.

BWask

Diabloii.Net Member
Hiedran said:
Act III morons
Ha ha ha.
Alright, then I will continue, now knowing I cannot save & exit. This is going to be tough :D. I'll see if I can finish Andariel when I get home from work, hopefully be done around 5:30 or so (if I don't die). If I can survive until I get blizzard, or even glacial spike, I will feel much safer... until then:

* ColdShoulder - Blizz/GS/ES
* Barracks, about to skip
* smith quest ;)
* Using bow + frost nova,
* for now. Very slow going :)

BWask

Diabloii.Net Member
EDIT: accidental repost
This computer handles the advertisements horribly for some reason. Firefox freezes for a good 5 seconds while they load. Plays havoc when I'm switching between this forum and other sites that actually pertain to what I am working on. (Or have up just to hide that I'm on this forum :D)

Starving_Poet

Diabloii.Net Member
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sob-atual - Mojomancer - 1 Handed - Lut Gholein
Act 1 Cold Rogue Merc

Sob finally worked his way through the end of act 1. Very low level for my build, but I'm not confidant that I won. Hehe. I have some drops which might be useful for Simeon ;)

azn_apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member
Act 1 Norm Challenge -

Starving_Poet (Mojomancer) vs. simeonb (LightningPally)

Winner: simeonb
Loser: Starving_Poet

simeonb, I've taken a look at the items Starving_Poet has and you may choose from these 3 (since I'm not sure what skills you use).

Jewel of Envy
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 10
Fingerprint: 0x37869e70
+20 poison damage over 2 seconds

Topaz

Ocher Small Charm
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 10
Item Level: 4
Fingerprint: 0x4147697b
Lightning Resist +7%

simeonb

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll take the Ocher sc thanks.

SP: The following will be on its way to you once I have an email addy.

Amulet of Craftmanship
Item Level: 5
Fingerprint: 0xba9bfbd
+1 to Maximum Damage

Not too bad, I know - but I didn't find anything nasty.

Simeon

Starving_Poet

Diabloii.Net Member
@Simeon - charm on its way!

For future reference: starvingpoet at comcast dot net

Sob-atual - Mojomancer - 1 Handed - Lut Gholein
Act 1 Cold Rogue Merc

Cursed Slots:
Amulet

Davemetalhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Umm, *hides face in embarassment*

Stryker's dead ....

I only made it as far as the Jail, level 2 - got surrounded by a pack of those fellas with the big head who spew lightning bolts, the leader of which cursed me with a Amplified Damage, and before I knew it I had the dreaded "Your deeds will be remembered" screen. I'd only gotten to level 13 ...

So, can I restart with a new character, or do you want me to donate the best 2 items I have (which really are not very good at all ...)

I knew I was lousy at Hardcore ...

BWask

Diabloii.Net Member
Doh!

Well that's the end for me (already!) :)
1 vit point per level combined with me wandering around jail level 1 without killing anything at lvl 8 = surrounded and dead =]

I guess I'm waiting for the next tourney to come along :D

Good luck all!

-Brandon

EDIT: Now that I look up, Dave met the same fate as me :D
Do we still donate even if we're dead? You make yourself alive again via atma or something? I would join again, but I think I am a little too busy for this tournament right now as it is, which could be why I rushed too far at such a low level. Maybe once school starts up again I'll have a little more free time.

Bull(R)

Diabloii.Net Member
BWask said:
Well that's the end for me (already!) :)
1 vit point per level combined with me wandering around jail level 1 without killing anything at lvl 8 = surrounded and dead =]

I guess I'm waiting for the next tourney to come along :D

Good luck all!

-Brandon
Sorry to hear of your deaths. I recieved my cursed ring, so I'm starting Act2. And level 13, whoa.. I wasn't close to 13 when I killed andy and lost the challenge :(

Good luck to everyone else.

HolyHand
Smiteadin.. level ??
Act2 Defiance Merc (currently dead)
Far Oasis
Cursed Items - +1 Max damage ring.

Going to work now though.. Need money.

SuperSavage

Diabloii.Net Member
@davemetalhead if you are trapped by Pitspawn fouldog, I dont care who you are, your dead. :( He is the strongest boss you will face in Act I, probably. Sucks you lost your character so early.

@azn_apocalypse email going out in a couple minutes.

As for my update, I am the first person to complete Act 2. I killed Andariel another 2 times for the max of 3. I finally found my first set and unique items in Act 2. Duriel dropped me cleglaws long sword and I also found the unique Trident in the Rocky Waste. I'm gonna kill duriel 2 more times as well after I wait until someone beats me in the first Act 2 challenge. Act 2 was easy, with no NDE's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ToXiC
Act III Kurast Docks
Javazon
Main: Javelin/Shield
Act 2 Defensive Merc
Cursed Slots:
Ring x1 (+2 mana)
(soon to be something new)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

azn_apocalypse

Diabloii.Net Member
Davemetalhead said:
Umm, *hides face in embarassment*

Stryker's dead ....

I only made it as far as the Jail, level 2 - got surrounded by a pack of those fellas with the big head who spew lightning bolts, the leader of which cursed me with a Amplified Damage, and before I knew it I had the dreaded "Your deeds will be remembered" screen. I'd only gotten to level 13 ...

So, can I restart with a new character, or do you want me to donate the best 2 items I have (which really are not very good at all ...)

I knew I was lousy at Hardcore ...
Sounds like Pittspawn Fouldog strikes again. I died to him once too (in NM difficulty), in the S/U tourney.

Anyway, RIP to Stryker and ColdShoulder. You guys don't have to contribute any items, seeing as how your levels were very low. And I'm afraid that I have to stick to a strict "no-restart" policy. Seeing as how multiple ppl have died, if I let one person restart, then I'd have to let everybody restart. It wouldn't be fair to the ppl who made it to Act 2.

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
It's certainly not a good idea to play a HC character after my volleyball training. When I am exhausted and tired. And because I have trainings every day this week, my progress will be rather slow. I've played her little bit tonight. Get a several NDE when sleepy - running into wrong direction etc. When I was standing at the door to countess, I realized my life was going down pretty quickly. I woke up at the last moment and walked away from fire :) I thought it was a decoration! Probably because I spent a lot of time running her with my frenzy baba on Hell for runes. After that I rather teleported to town and quit. So The countess have to be killed yet.

Davemetalhead

Diabloii.Net Member
azn_apocalypse said:
Sounds like Pittspawn Fouldog strikes again. I died to him once too (in NM difficulty), in the S/U tourney.

Anyway, RIP to Stryker and ColdShoulder. You guys don't have to contribute any items, seeing as how your levels were very low. And I'm afraid that I have to stick to a strict "no-restart" policy. Seeing as how multiple ppl have died, if I let one person restart, then I'd have to let everybody restart. It wouldn't be fair to the ppl who made it to Act 2.
Heh,fair enough ... do I get a booby prize for being the first to die ?!? <G>

Good luck to the rest of ya

Cattleya

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm sorry to hear about Stryker and ColdShoulder. The monastery was a scary place. I used up all but one of my rejuv potions there.

@Illiana: I think I'll go with the Azure G.C. Without a shield, Clyde is hurting for resists.

-Cat

erimatbrad

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks to a bow and arrow against Andy, and my all-powerful vine of poisony doom, I've killed Andy at a level much much lower than normal, AND discovered that I couldn't complete the Malus quest due to being too low leveled. :)

Over half of my levels are due to the vine killing things, so I'm concerned about being too high leveled, but we'll see what happens....

Typhus
Level ?
Next Area: Act 2

Gaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Right, so Moron the Concentrate Barbarian started yesterday. Managed to get to the Outer Cloister. Only NDE was against the Smith when I cast the Town Portal and then couldn't click on it. Not a fun experience. Going to come back and inflict some pain on him at a much later date.

I have managed to get to the outer Cloister waypoint at a level that I normaly get to the Cold Plains Waypoint, so I am quite proud of myself, Unfortunately I have had to start killing stuff and my chance to hit sucks, but I can deal with that slowly.

So, Moron the Concentrate Barbarian
Level - ????
Weapons 1 handed and shield/2 handed on switch
Last Waypoint - Outer Cloister.

simeonb

Diabloii.Net Member
Sorry for the losses guys.

@BWask: For future reference: when a HC character dies the items he/she was wearing, the items the merc was wearing and anything in the in-game stash should NOT be removed from the character. Anything that was in an ATMA stash is re-usable and could be used for prizes or twinking.

@S_P: You have mail.

Marcus (Lightning Paladin) - Act II Normal - 1-handed w shield - Act I Merc
Challenge Results:
Act I Normal - Won against Starving_Poet
Cursed item slots: None
Last WP: Lut Gholein