Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Sunday Thread :)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Bull(R), Mar 28, 2004.

1. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

The Sunday Thread :)

Well its almost sunday here, but I believe it is sunday on forum time.

I was just doing some NM meph runs, pretty much cause theyre fast and give good exp while I'm trying to get my sorc up some levels.

So there I was, using 6mf (meaning this was like a total luck drop.. my lucky charm) and BAM:

Herald of Zakarum (Gilded Shield)
    Defense: 505
    Chance to Block: 72%
    Durability: 30 of 50
    (Paladin Only)
    Required Strength: 89
    Required Level: 42
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 59
    Fingerprint: 0x2879394e
    +20 to Strength
    +20 to Vitality
    +199% Enhanced Defense
    +30% Increased Chance of Blocking
    All Resistances +50
    +2 to Paladin Skill Levels
    30% Faster Block Rate

AND on top of this being a nice shield for someone new to SP like myself, its 1% from perfect (the exact same as the one I found on BNet for my hammerdin there). That means I MUST build a hammerdin now :lol:

2. Online

Online IncGamers Member

I am almost to begin greek gods tournament , because it soon will be 12 am (local time). So i dropped all other activities few mins ago, except lurking here and waiting , ohh and i found herald of zakarum too a hour ago :thumbsup:

3. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

Hmm... Does NM meph have a better chance to drop this than Hell Meph? I need to get back to school and check ATMA :) .

4. Milamber

Milamber Banned

Saturday night-Sunday morning-Sunday afternoon have all melded into one. Mostly playing MP.

Steelstorm

At the start of last night's journey she was level 23...now she is level 43 and venturing into NM. There was quite a host of Forumites gaming together last night, and to be honest Acts 3, 4 and 5 went by in a blink. The Ancient had no sooner spawned then they where dead, as where Baal's minions. Baal himself fell within 45 seconds. After this she simply levelled up for a while - and tries to decide whether to use a Witchwild or Goldstrike Arch (any suggestions?)

Lailoken

Started yet another character who is now level 11 and about to finish A1 normal. He will be my hammerdin so Tempest needs to Hurry up and get to Hell Meph to find him a HoZ!

Good night all.

5. Online

Online IncGamers Member

Somewhy , when people say goodbye , it's very funny for me . Maybe that's because it's 11.30 am here. Anyway i decided to do some mfing and found ist rune :thumbsup:

6. stickyfingers

stickyfingers IncGamers Member

hey "online" what god and character build are you entering into the gods tournament ??

7. Online

Online IncGamers Member

Orion . He will be using two elemental damaging auras where needed , and both will be developed almost 1 on 1. And zeal. That's because i hate fightning with Multiple immune monsters for 2 mins each.

Edit : oh forgot ,, he's a paladin :)

8. Alien

Alien IncGamers Member

Well its 11:30 p.m. Saturday here, but I guess thats close enough for Sunday..

Anyways, today i got my sorc a little more through Act II, only on the second quest as of now..

Today I got together with some friends and we played guitar almost all day and also rode our bikes, as its unseasonably warm here, so we made the best of it...

Well, since the night is still young, I think I'm gonna go play my Sorc some more...

9. Derrick1001

Strictly speaking Oriion isn't a full God. He's the son of Poseidon and a mortal.

10. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

I've spent the last hour or so trying to kill the ancients. Ugh. I hate them. I can't even kill them when they aren't FE.

11. Online

Online IncGamers Member

Sorry i don't understand this mythology thing , but isn't son of a god a god ?
    And i haven't found a word mentioning that Orion is mortal . Probably this is because my english skills are so poor...

12. Derrick1001

The son or daughter of two gods will be a god themselves. The son or daughter of a God and a mortal (ie, a regular person) will be a demi-god, which means they get some kind of groovy power or are otherwise abnormal, but they aren't immortal.

For example, while Heracles was alive he had the gift of god-like strength, but could die (and did). Upon his death, the gods resurrected him and granted him immortality, making him a full God.

That's the gist of it anyway.

Have fun with your character :) .

13. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

as i just posted in the skillz tourney thread, i am stupid, and have reformatted my computer without saving my D2 chars before hand, and i now have to start from friggin' scratch :grrr: :rant: anyone wanna help out the cause with some bowazon stuff? well, off to begin SarinA the bowazon of some sort!

oh and zibelthiurdos the FoH palidin for the gods tourney

14. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

:wave:

One more day playing my spearbarb...If I am fast (or play a lot), I can kill nm Baal today, at least I will get him to act 5. But I have to find a Um rune before he starts hell difficulty. I will socket it to his Arreat's Face to get him resists, they all should be about maxed at hell. I will run hell Countess to get that, yesterday I rolled my sorc a near perfect Countess map, runs are very fast. Of course nm Hellforge could drop that rune too but...yeah, I don't believe that will happen :lol:

Oh well, so much to do...better to start right now!

15. TraxisX

TraxisX IncGamers Member

I got my Hammerdin to Act 5 NM. A great build, but IMO, too powerful to be any fun. Really not my style. Oh well, I need SOMETHING to run the Pits, because it is WAAY to tedious for my Sorc on anything other than /players 1. I have also been formulating plans and collecting equipment for the Conc and Throw Barbs I am going to start. I also leveled my IK Barb a little bit, (to 84).

16. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

Have a look at my trade list, number 80 in the Trade Thread. Pick a few items, and they're yours. Just don't be greedy. I've got lots of low-level stuff that will help you get started, so just let me know what you need, and if I have it, it's yours.

17. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

Not really just about Sunday only, but well...

Friday I started my Meteorb Sorc and she is doing just fine :). Yesterday tho, something annoying happened: I was walking around in the Dry Hills (A2, normal) and had seen almost everything of it already, except the Halls of the Dead. So I was walking to the last unexplored region of that part of the dessert, started to get in a little riff-raff with a boss-pack, when I heard DOING (kinda like the sound when you exit Windows and the programme asks you if you want to save your changes) and my screen froze for about two minutes, after which the game just went down. Because it was already quite late, I didn't start up again. Today I discovered that the wheel-thing on my mouse doesn't work anymore and that the DOING might have been it's farewell to me... Anyway, I started D2 again and to my surprise, I still had the way point of the Dry Hills, but the whole region was unexplored again :scratch: .
    Not really exciting, I know, I just thought it was kinda weird and was wondering if anyone else ever experienced something similar...

Enjoy your day/night!

-Sidhe-

18. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

Sidhe

I had a similar problem. The game froze shortly after I cleared one direction of the Arcane Santuary. This was in normal difficulty. When I restarted the game, the map was gone but I still had the items I had found. But, when I cleared the same direction again, the monsters were extremely hard. It was as if they had spawned at NM level. Once I had cleared the area, the monsters in the other 3 direction were normal again. It was very curious. Did you notice any increase in monster difficulty when this occured to you?

19. Sidhe

Sidhe IncGamers Member

@ Darkwell

Yes, in fact I did! It was like I set the game to 8+ players or something. Only in the Dry Hills tho, once I was in the Halls of the Dead the monsters were just fine.

20. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

How curious. It must be a glitch. I was actually glad it happened. When I cleared the area the second time, I got 4 uniques. That's not common for one direction in the Arcane Sactuary, not for me anyway. That's when I got my WarTravelers. Maybe we stumbled on a new way to MF. Let me know if you find out what caused it and I'll do the same.