Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The stupidity of public duel games...

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Barl, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Barl

Barl Diabloii.Net Member

The stupidity of public duel games...

So, I bring my new bvb barb (lvl 12, not high enough for twitch or sback, but I figured i'd give it a try) into a pub duel game. I get nked a few times and leave. Done. I can handle that. But then these morons get upset (all about lvl 40 to 65) so i bring my hdin - now lvl 56. I didnt bring any high lvls 'cause I figure thats kinda cheap.
    After I kill them all a few times, they get pissed and bring their high lvl ww barbs. They kill me once and think that killing a 56 hdn with a 80-something barb is 50 1337.
    I bring up the fact that they had to THREE VS ONE me with a barb and two necros, chars 30 lvls above me, to kill me is sad, and they call me a noob.

That happens daily in duel games. Any other stories like this?

2. Tridge

Tridge Diabloii.Net Member

bG kids decided to challenge my 41 bar to a duel on hes lvl 40-something sora (kid was complaining about w/e in an nm cow run. told him to "cry").
    i was like "moor. now." then he proceeds to bring in his 80+ scythe bar and his buddys 80+ exe bar to pk me with. oh well. :uhhuh:

3. stanzaman

stanzaman Diabloii.Net Member

That sounds like what passes for a dueling game nowadays. Well, actually it's been like that for a long time.

4. ethos

ethos Diabloii.Net Member

Well, just hone your skills and items, and never nk them. If they do team up, just ask your freinds to help out. Often it helps to have other l33t people in the game who just laugh at the NK'ers. Either way, dont take anything people say very seriously and dont get hung up about it either. If they NK you, then dont die :D

5. Fearlessone

Fearlessone Diabloii.Net Member

A big % of ppl playing just HATE to be bettered. That's why there's duping, buying dupes, hacking, and even using programs for dueling. If they cant kill U with any of their players..."Waughhh! here come some of my friends". What is most amusing is when they bring their brand spanking new pk'er into some game, for example, a lvl 80 orb or blizzard sorc, and race around killing everyone, then they run into a char that easily whips them: like my poisnova necro* Well, they JUST CANT STAND THAT! and come back with a hammerdin. Then they find out what corpse explosion can do, and JUST CANT STAND THAT! and come back with a ww barb. Then they finally win, and do the "NOOB!" stuff, yadayadayada....

*typically, I race to town and put on hawkmail, I would just luv to have room in my stash for a 3 psapphired shield, but put on an extra cold res ring, cold res helm, and sig boots, then load up one column of my pots with THAWing pots. With some bo, no blizzard sorc pk'er can kill this necro. And with the lower res curse I give the pk'er, she is easy meat for an orb sorc in our party. Dueling is another story.