Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The Strafezone and Peace-RW

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Aldarad, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Aldarad

Aldarad IncGamers Member

The Strafezone and Peace-RW

So I made a Peace-armor for my strafezone. Nice skill bonus and a 2%chance casting a 15 lvl valk. Nice.

It saved me alot of skill-points not spending much on a Valk of my own AND the recast in the middle of a group was mostly beneficial.

However Now at lvl 81 I am starting to get a big pile of points to spare (I only maxed strafe) and I start to wonder: Perhaps maxing Valk would be nice

2 problem.

1) If I use my own Valk the armor losses half it usefullnes. I am not a rich guy and I dont have another +skill armor. Should I keep the Peace or replace it with my Smoke? Twitchtroe? My mf-armor?

2) If I keep Peace it will recast Valk every now and then... Actually thats a minor issue...or is it?

3) And finaly: If I give the Peace to a merc could I get 2 valks? :)

2. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

1) Treachery is a phenominal Bowazon armor that's reasonably affordable (no runes higher than Lem). When the Fade triggers, it'll give you 60% Resist All and 15% DR. When the Venom triggers, it'll add 315 damage per hit. Even if neither triggers, it still adds 45% IAS, which is great for hitting some strafe or normal attack breakpoints.

2) It's a major issue, if you have a maxed Valk. The Peace will recast your Valk at slvl 15. Since Valks get War Pikes at slvl 17, they'll do a TON more damage after slvl 17 than they will before. If you have a 20 point Valk, and Peace replaces it with a 15 point Valk, you just lost a lot of damage output. Besides, what's the point of having a slvl20+ Valk if Peace is just going to keep killing it off?

3) Nope. Whenever a Merc summons a minion, it causes the game to crash, so rather than fixing it, Blizzard just made it so Mercs can't summon minions anymore. If you give your merc Peace, it'll be a waste of an armor, since he/she can't benefit from the +skills, and he/she can't benefit from the Valk.

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

'Lionheart' is also a very nice affordable armor.

Have you maxed Penetrate yet? Points in Pierce, Critical Strike, D/A/E? A more detailed skill setup would be helpful.

You may have enough spare points to max Freezing Arrow and Cold Arrow (synergy) to help freeze monsters in place and take out phys immunes.

4. WrongdayJ

WrongdayJ IncGamers Member

Keep the Peace. . .

The other armors are nice, no doubt.

But if you keep the Peace armor, and you have a ton of points,
    why not max Decoy? :idea:

The Lv. 15 Valk will get more life because of the synergy with Decoy.

Decoy and strafe work really well together, too. Especially if your merc, valk, and decoy are all between you and the pack of monsters you're shooting at.

Hope this helps. . .

5. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky IncGamers Member

proc's (chance to casts) arent effected by synergies. o_O my suggestion-

treachery. no if-ands-or-butts about it.

6. hyaccent

hyaccent IncGamers Member

i also suggest treachery its awesome

7. BildBenny

BildBenny IncGamers Member

Since when? I remember reading several threads about using a Stormlash as a WW-Druid and maxing Tornado's synergies, just to give an example, some time ago.

8. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

Yes they are. So are charged skills. I am absolutely, positively, 100% certain about this. I've even built entire builds around this very mechanic (most notably a Meleemancer who maxed Bone Prison and Bone Wall to synergize the ctc Bone Spirit on "Oath" runewords).

9. Aldarad

Aldarad IncGamers Member

Wow, if this true it opens up alot of new options (and not only for my amazone). I am sorry for having doubts but the idea seems so new for me.

Anyway, thanks for all advice. I am afraid I chose to raise Amazone slvl 20, and still keeping the Peace-armor (at least until I can fix some of the ones suggested.) I simply have to recast everynow and then.

Oh and I will start yet another thread about the %-cast and synergies at the noob-forum. It opens up SOOOO many tweaks and twinks :)