Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The story of Jacob of Skelltingdon

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Lady bug, May 13, 2008.

1. Lady bug

Lady bug IncGamers Member

-Father how could you leave our family air loom, all that our proud and noble family have ever fought for and nourished to your sister’s son, my cousin Thomas? The boy is a dull wit, he has no education, no connections, his father were a common soldier, with no noble ancestors, and his only pleasure is drinking and entertaining himself with questionable women.

-Son what ever young Thomas faults are, he is my closest male relative. He is still in the direct line of the Skelltingdons. And his father was a great general, not a common soldier, although he admittedly was not of noble breed.

-But father, I am your son. Why do you discharge me from inheritance?

-YOU ARE NO LONGER MY SON. I have put you through education. I have trusted in your own judgment. How do you return this trust? By learning to raise the dead, by disturbing the peace of the grave, by selling your soul to the evil forces, that are already massing up close to our lands. I say, I want nothing to do with you. Had you just died in birth along with your mother, bless her poor soul you would have broken her hart.

-Father I swear this on my mothers grave: I have not sold my soul to evil. The great evil that rises can only be conquered by knowing the enemy. I do not disturb the final peace of righteous people. I only make the servants of the evil who are attacking me, repay for their actions, by letting them serve me. I am willing to prove myself to you, by fighting evil, and I will meet Diablo or Baal them self if it comes to that, but I will prove that I am not their slave. I will be true to my calling. On this venture I will not use the weapons of iron I were taught to use as your son, my wand and bow will be enough. I will go alone, only taking the help that are willingly given me. I will leave money, things, title and name. Henceforth I will be Jack Skellington, the necromancer. Goodbye Father.

And with that he left his fathers castle, leaving the old grey-haired man looking thoughtful behind. After a long and tiresome journey he arrived at a camp of rouges. They asked him for help, as their homelands had been swarmed with evil. His mission had finally begun.

This is my first atempt on a necromancer. He is going to be a fichymancer, untwinked, keeping the act 1 mercenay and SC.

2. Jaago

Jaago IncGamers Member

Re: The story of Jacob of Skelltingdon

Nice read. :smiley:

Good luck on your journey as a Necromancer, they're a very nice class. I guess you already know a lot of this, but can't help to reiterate everything: Duriel and Diablo in normal might be your hardest battles in the whole game, so pe well prepared. Point in summon resist is essential against Diablo, while decrepify halps against both (though you might have to work to get it before Duriel). Clay Golem is a great one-point wonder against those two, too.

I liked Nightmare Before Christmas, too. :wink:

3. Head Jumper

Head Jumper IncGamers Member

*spoiler alert* Is he Jack or Jacob? :hide:
    IMO, Jack sounds more :cool:

Good luck on your fishy!

4. sumulsh

sumulsh Banned

Good luck with your fichymancer, er... fishymancer =P

5. Cius

Cius IncGamers Member

Just make sure to play the whole of Act 2 on players 8 and get well up into the 20's before taking Duriel and you should be fine. A 24 desert gaurd tanks Duriel just fine. I see you prefer act 1 mercs. In that case just make sure to have a decent skelli army that are strong enough. I'd think about a might merc though as it helps your skelli's to have an aura.

6. TheBhoy

TheBhoy IncGamers Member

Decrep is an absolute must. I have moved an untwined one to lvl60 in NM and duriel and diablo are a royal pain even with it. You will almost certainly need to ditch the rogue tho. a BA merc in best in normail and a might one after IMO.

GL

7. Lady bug

Lady bug IncGamers Member

Thanks for the advices. Ive never played necro before, so I'll be stumbling a bit :grin:

Usually I prefer act 2 mecenarys for the auras, but he can only take help that are willingly given him, so hiring isent an option. But the story goes on.

The diary of Jack Skellington (the former Jacob of Skelltingdon) part 1
    Day 1
    When I came to the Rouges Camp, I was asked by their high priestess Akara, to clear a den of evil. It was a hard fight, but I prevailed. After that, Kashya who commands the rouges in battle, have asked me to kill one of their sisters' tortured spirits called Blood Raven, who haunts their sacred burial ground. In the cause for greater good, I can not see how I may deny it.

On my way to the sacred burial grounds, I found a cave. I decided to explore it, and there I met the terrible wrench Cold Crow and her minions. They all used bows and they slew my minions one by one. Even my sturdy clay golem had to succumb to their terrible force. They killed my skeletons faster than I could slay them, so I could not get fresh minions when the old ones were slain. But stubbornly I cursed her minions and slew them one by one. For the final battle against Cold Crow herself I had 2 skeletons and a clay golem, and we managed to corner her, so she could not run away from us, as she had already done many times. Cornered and thus trapped, there was no question that the she would fall, and that her demonic spirit would be put out of existence.

I have now succeeded in slaying Blood Raven. She fought hard, and raised an army of dead to help her, they swarmed everywhere, but I conquered with my 3 skeletons and a clay golem. As a reward Kashya have permitted that one of the rouges, who has taken interest in my cause assist me in my battle. Basanti is a skilled rouge, who handles her bow very well, and her help is most welcome.

Now the high priestess Akara has asked me to find a magical portal that will take me to Tristram. Our hope is that there will still be time to free the legendary sage Cain from the forces of evil, who have destroyed the city and imprisoned him there.

Day 2
    I have found the Scroll of Inifuss. The place where I found it was guarded by a huge beast named Treehead Woodfist, but I cursed him and he fell by the hands of my minions. The scroll will tell me how to activate the magical portal that will take me to Tristram. I must confess that I do not look forward to se what await me in that legendary, and now destroyed and evil possessed city.

Tristram was a devastating sight. The houses were burning or smoking ruins and the place were swarmed with demons and undead. It was like a forecourt of Hell. I found the dead body of a small crippled boy. He had had a wooden leg, it had fallen of, and I took it and I will keep it safe as a grim reminder of what can happen if evil should succeed. I managed to find Cain. He was trapped in one of the small cages they leave murderers in so they can starve to death. I freed him, but before I could follow him back to the rouges camp, I met the legendary smith Grisvold. The enemy had raised him after his death, and forced him to serve them, denying his soul the peace of the grave. We slew him, and I can only hope that it will set his tormented spirit free.

Back in the camp, Deckard Cain could tell a grim story, which ended up with the most terrible news. Diablo have somehow escaped his death in the labyrinths under Tristram. It seems that he has taken possession of the hero that slew him, and that he disguised as the dark wanderer, that the rouges too have seen, are heading east. Deckard Cain have now given me a grim task, I must follow the dark wanderer and fight Diablo when I find him. Pray that he will not take my body and soul too.