Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

The State of "Godlies"

Discussion in 'Classic' started by h0nkeythecracker, May 16, 2005.

1. h0nkeythecracker

h0nkeythecracker IncGamers Member

The State of "Godlies"

To make a long story short, I haven't played D2C since 1.09 and was wondering if "godlies" are still around. If these items are considered taboo, then sorry, but I would like to be updated on the current D2C community. Also, for clarification, I played on US West.

2. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

yes there are still "godlies" around but we arn't suppused to discuss them.

3. SwampBox

SwampBox IncGamers Member

Why not? I just found a mad godly Pally Grim Shield its amazing :thumbsup:

4. h0nkeythecracker

@ Murrogh: Thank you for your concise answer and I figured that "godlies" were kind of a touchy subject, hence the apology in the original post.

@ SwampBox: Basically, the "godlies" that I'm talking about are duped to hell from prior patches. Before LoD came to be, many good mods could spawn together on rares and the Diablo II players before us were able to find many good items which were then duped. Each realm has their own set of "godlies," but if I remember correctly, East has the best. From the few threads that I've read, most of you play Ladder, so this thread has no bearing on your D2 experience. True "godlies" only exist on Non-Ladder. If you would like a link to view any of these items, just P/M me.

Before I'm burned at the stake, when I was playing, "godlies" were really the only way to have a chance in higher level dualing. Patch 1.09 was notoriously known for dropping very bad rares, therefore no legit rares were available for use. Of course there were exceptions (about 4-5 that I saw in my whole D2C career), but these were insanely expensive and not worth the trouble.

5. SwampBox

SwampBox IncGamers Member

Ohh those godlies... yes I remember that bow that every zon had called "Hailstone Havoc" damn that gothic bow was friggen sick... 100-200somthin dmg, +2 zon skills, IAS, lightning resist, and even was socketed with a Pskull on most bows...
    Another less common godly bow was the "Rune Dart" Runebow w/ 2+ skills, mad IAS, i think 140 dmg (pretty good for a runebow), and socketed again, of course.

Sucks I never got one though. :mad:

6. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Before this thread gets out of hand, these "godlies" or duped items as they are may and most likely are around. They can be discussed here...within reason.

Discussion of how to dupe, where to get dupes of linking to sites that have them is strictly prohibited, and will earn a ban...no questions asked.

Aside from discussion, duped items may not be traded on the trade forums.

Each trade forum has a "do not trade list" and a "known dupes list" anything on those lists and all pre 1.09 items are not tradeable here, this applies to Classic trades as well.

7. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

Near godlies are available if u play enough. My ladder barb has 2 rings with dual leech and one has dual resists, the other? triple nice resists... And getting an ornate plate with 880 def + high life and dual resists and maybe another nice stat isnt impossible. Getting bows with 150 damage and some ias and barb weapons with 200-300 damage are easy, if u play enough. Thats the point. U play, u earn.

Oh yeah, and last week i got a +154% ed bh with +2 barb on it, no ias tho or +min/max, grrrr....

But it is true, that the failure of The Company to address the dupes issue has ruined pvp in old realm. And it has made it unfair when doing runs, that they have all godly gear. I like it when they dump on my legits and then die like 2x in the run, while my chance of dying is like 1 out of 200 runs. Shows u how ignorant most dupe users are.

How to spot a duped godly then? If its a pair of boots or belt with +13-14 str & dex, and fhr, and dual res, and cold damage, then that is almost certainly a dupe. Weapons on old realms with near max damage, including a high +min/max and 30-40% ias AND +2 skills are almost certainly dupes.

8. h0nkeythecracker

@ Fearlessone: Actually, I found that "godlies" made dualing more skill-intense. If you don't know how to play the character, then you would lose, since everyone was basically on the same playing level. Although I can see the positive-side of having different items for a more unique experience, it bothers me if I know someone beat me only because of the items they wear and not because of a higher playing ability. And yes, with the new patch, many good items can spawn, but close to none can compare to some of the items that came out of 1.06.

9. Tridge

Tridge IncGamers Member

i've seen really nice stuff on ladder east (200 ed 6 max etc. gscythe, for instance), and i found a decent legit splint mail on west nl (10 fhr 14 str 34 life 23 fr 26 lr *iirc those are the specific stats*), so its not altogether impossible to find nice items, but i doubt we'll ever see anything close to the hv's vb's ss's gg's etc etc. from back in the day. sssh dexxrhc's ornate from ladder 1 east hccl (sora name: triidge) was obnoxious. i think he gave it to din named Moron when he went to west. 888 orn 3x/3x life/mana fr fhr -30 req iirc.

10. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

You know, Blizzard said that in the patch info for 1.10, something about better mods, better chance of getting a higher ilvl or such, but I'm not sure if that was applied to classic. It seems as if most of the patch changes that could be applied to classic were applied. But I played tons in 1.09 and saw 1000's of rare drops, and it just doesnt seem as if 1.10 drops are better. About 3 weeks into this patch I found a near godly exec sword, 232 damage with some ias and mana leech. I remember when showing it around, some ppl said: "Oh, well better stuff will drop now, not that I've found any yet, but expect to...". Well, I've gotten better rings now cuz dual leech is back, and oddly finally am finding good martels and a nice bh (no wonder my latest barb uses them!). I've found some great belts, but not as many good armors or boots or bows like I used to...So I'm very skeptical.

As for duped items leveling the playing field: someone who has found great items deserves to beat or draw with someone who has developed skill. Now if they bought them on ebay, or ran mf bots, thats different.

11. Perium

Perium IncGamers Member

Yeah, the changes don't apply to classic. They were talking about how now on xpac cruel can be on rares. And so a weapon could be cruel and kings, and thus have 400% ed. Would be pretty nice on a weapon.

12. Immortality

Immortality Banned

13. BSU

BSU IncGamers Member

Can +120% gold find ammulets and stuff still drop in classic, and if so, whare would you sugjest hunting for them?

14. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

15. magnet

magnet IncGamers Member

max goldfind on ammys (and belts,boots) is 80%, with rings going up 40%.

16. magnet

magnet IncGamers Member

and on the topic of godlies, i think it's important to remember that "godly" is a completely relative idea, and when one compares the best items ladder has to offer to what else is available, on ladder--there is much that stands head and shoulders above the rest--and while the ladder season continues has no direct competition from the old glory drops of the past. 'relative godliness' i guess you call it, though that hardly does some of these beauties justice.

i don't play much nonladder, because of the dupes, the polluted economy, and the general attitude of alot the people that populate it. so im not completely versed in all the old rares, duped and otherwise, floating around...
    but i own a couple of din ammys on ladder that from what i can gather hold up rather nicely when compared to their nonladder counterparts..

one is:

+2 paladin skills
    10fcr
    20 cold resist
    27 light resist
    20 fire resist
    20 poison resist

--if im not mistaken this is a pretty close facsimile of the popular duped din ammy on west nl, blood gorget. the dupe being pretty rare, and a desireable item according to those i've talked to...

my ammy has slightly lower light res , and is missing a +40-some odd mana mod, other than that they are twins. mine is legit, though-- which to me makes it much more desireable....
    Mana is nice, but dupes feel like somehow cheapish and dirty to me...the appeal of the rare based items system provided by classic d2 has alot to with how each item is unique unto itself, and everyone has to solve their gear solutions in a way that will have its own flavor. i love it so much better than the overpowered runewords of expansion, though much more...um..quaint..

the other ammy i got is:

+2 paladin skills
    10fcr
    8 energy
    50 life
    18 cold res
    18 light res
    46 fire res
    18 poison res

and is a superior amulet to the duped blood gorget, no matter how you look at it. its the best ammy ive seen on ladder during the past two seasons, and is what i would call "godly". even compared to the old ammys, its nice...yea?

although- 20% fcr used to be available on ammys and scepters, yea? this may affect its standing...

anyone here familiar with nonladder west that could tell me their opinion of how these two ammys stack up to whats available in NL? what kind of value will they carry when they join NL? my knowledge is based only on a handful of brief conversations, made in passing, with people whose input may or may not have been sound...

[EDIT]: sorry to post twice in a row here, tried to add the second bit onto the first as an edit, but the time expired before i could complete..

17. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

All dupes are "dirty". All dupers are cheaters. If you don't play the game the way it was meant to played, you aren't getting the most out of the game. If you do, it is a challenge and you end up playing for a long time.

18. weep

weep IncGamers Member

hmm someone brought up duped bows on scnl west.. the best being beast stinger if anyone remembers that one, i think it is extinct by now.. very few people had them in .09 even.

uhh i'm not sure about all dupes being "dirty"... it's part of the game. I haven't put a lot of thought into the subject, my goal is always to use the very best possible items.. dupes/legits whatever. Players like fearless are at a severe handicap despite what they may say... the fastest players in pvm/pvp are those who use the best items.

In my opinion the game will be solid if blizz is either 100% laissez faire about dupes/duping or very strict. I think we are somewhere in the middle, nowhere near either polar extreme.