The Squiddd!!

RoidRage

Diabloii.Net Member
The Squiddd!!

Hi again everybody, I'm always reading a lot of post (valuable info btw) and people are always mentioning(sp?) the squid. I did a search on it and I don't know what you are talking about :(

I think somebody told me it's a hacker always trying to screw up the forums...

what is it/he/she ?

Cormallon

Diabloii.Net Member
That's a really good question. If we'd know who / what it is our lives would be far more easier.

The squid is a mysterious being eating posts or causing other kinds of troubles in the forum. It is much like the famous Snark, or a Yeti (in RL, not in D2 ;) ). Nobody has seen him yet, but we all experience the results of his presence. 'His' might me wrong though, 'it' or 'she' is also possible.

Others may add to this description, but this is what I found out since I'm around here.

isengart

Diabloii.Net Member
looking on the results of the squid's attacks:
eternal loading time of the forum
missing posts
other errors

obviously the squid must be a forgotten rubber band around one of the network wires. - so anybody in carge go and check them all! :D

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
You dare mention it's name!

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!

THE END IS COMING! WE'RE ALL DEAD!

DEAD I SAY! DEA--*is swallowed by squid*

The aztecs used to sacrifice warriors to the squid, to appease it, but now there doesnt seem to be a very long waiting line for self sacrifice, so we just have to keep an eye out.
1 of the few weapons found to hurt the squid is the godly spork - half fork, half spoon. Soon spork production will be high enough to issue 1 to every forumite incase of an ambush.

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
AlterEgo said:
Ah, another +1 thread. :) Let's see if we can keep spam to a minimum, ok? ;)
Never!

Well, ok. But really AE, you should just be happy to see me in here again since I've stopped playing.

tenaka

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
The aztecs used to sacrifice warriors to the squid, to appease it, but now there doesnt seem to be a very long waiting line for self sacrifice, so we just have to keep an eye out.
1 of the few weapons found to hurt the squid is the godly spork - half fork, half spoon. Soon spork production will be high enough to issue 1 to every forumite incase of an ambush.

Pfft. The spork is an inferior product of the past. All hail the invention of:

The Knifoon!

It has twice the syllables therefore it invariably has twice the squid repelling power.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
The only person who could ever hold back the Squid was Spearthrower. Now that he's no longer around the forums have never been the same.

Don't bother with fake weapons or repellents. It eats people alive whatever you do. See Serdash as a perfect example for that.

Living in your own dimension has its advantages at times.

RoidRage

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks a lot all for your fast answer :D
It explains why the forums is sometimes extrafast and other time really slow :eek:

By the way, Alter Ego, Sorry For The spam but why was it lol ?

Nautilus

Diabloii.Net Member
I prefer to dual wield my sporks instead of going over and spending time in the knew knifoon training guilds. Those hacks don't know what theyr'e doing.

Besides, everyone knows that anti Sq*id techniques are placebo anyway. The only thing that works is running the forums in pairs. That way I don't have to run faster than the squid--I just have to run faster than the other guy.

water_moon

Diabloii.Net Member
it's in a sticky people!! it's 4.0 for those you incabable of clicking a link:
AlterEgo said:
- The Giant Squid

This rather large cephalopod is regarded as a force to be feared. It prowls the SPF, waiting its next victim. It is an equal opportunity and will readily devour anything in its relative proximity, and does not discriminate between D2 players who hack/cheat and those that don’t. While it has been quite docile as of late, it can be very spontaneous and will attack at will, and it will destroy your D2.net account and your little private messages too.

Should the Squid be sighted outside of its lair, one should notify AlterEgo who will come armed with Thy Holy Hand Gernade of Thread Locking and contain the ravaging beast. Should the problem be too large for Thy Holy Hand Gernade of Thread Locking to contain, AE will exercise Thy Holy Finger of Banning.

Consider this an advance warning.
I think this piece also supports my theory that apperances of the nasty little bugger can also incite flame/spam wars and that even when we think it's gone it can still cause chaos. Or is it chaos? You decide.