Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

the speed/invisible "bug"

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Sip, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Sip

Sip Banned

the speed/invisible "bug"

On two different occasions i encountered two different people trying to get me to give them items for them to reveal a "bug". The first guy apparently wanted to teach me how to make myself invisible if i payed him. He actually became invisble right before my eyes. He dissapeared and reapeared completely (off my map and screen) and came back to the spot where you start when you join a game.

The next guy had a speed "bug". he wanted me to give him something good to teach me how to do the speed "bug". He took me out to the blood moor and proceeded to cast tons of hammers. Shoot tons of arrows from a bow he bought from charsi, and run really fast. I told him im not giving away items for that and he left.

Anyone else encounter this? If these thing are real...then damn. I think they are just optical illusions (like when you double cast or lag). The second guy said "all you need is maphack". Ugh..whatever :yawn:

2. Mad Merlin

Mad Merlin IncGamers Member

Just offer them an unidentified Tal's Ammy for their troubles.

3. Flyte

Flyte IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure that you CAN become invisible by using Cloak of Shadows and having tons of -light radius items.

...But going off your map and screen without the "darkness" appearing just sounds weird.

4. SonOfRah

SonOfRah IncGamers Member

Sip.

This guy used an old trick I use when hunting. It basically allows you to hide from them and take a wp without anyone realising that you were able to.

All he did was speak to Wariv and went straight to act2. Because he was next to the stash and not a wp, he could speak to wariv without anyone noticing (ie moving). In order to re-apear, just speake to wariv again and return to act1.

Find him again, and enter a game with a char that you can go to act2 with. Before you do however, make sure you join with your character starting in act2 (this way it pre-loads the graphics). Have him show you the trick again with the interest in buying, and as soon as he dissapears speak to wariv and go to act2. I will easily bet my account that he is next to wariv in act2.

You need to be fast however, because as soon as he see's you are in act2 with him he will return to act1, and if your computer is slow at loading the acts you will not see him.

5. Sip

Sip Banned

Haha, thats definately what he did.

6. BtK-radth

BtK-radth IncGamers Member

odd are the "running really fast" was just skipped frames catching up

7. Sip

Sip Banned

It wasnt just that dude. He was casting 3x the amount of hammers i was. When he normal attacked with the bow, it looked like strafe. He also casted holy shield like he had 500 fcr. I highly doubt its real though. Probably just some visual bug like when you double cast a meteor, but it doesnt do any damage.

8. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Heh control b.net latency to do your bidding, that would rock. Speed up yourself but make others lag to hell, reminds me of the matrix.

9. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

If you should happen to see him again, get him to go toss the hammers at baal or something and see if his life drops each hit.

10. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

I have witnessed this speed thing a number of times in dueling games.

My lvl 12 pally fought a lvl 18 double swing barb who kept fading in and out of visibility. I just assumed he was attacking insanely fast from double swing but somehow I didn't really believe it was possible to get that fast...

11. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

cleglaw thats a different bug all together happens with my thrower all the time. Basically if ur wpns are glitched and you use double throw or swing u dissapear while doing so. Which unfortunately is a dead giveaway that ur a thrower when u dissapear :(.

12. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

i dont know about this, just an idea, but maybe he was using a bow with "fires magical arrows" and WAS using strafe, do they come out looking like guided arrows/magic arrows if your bow fires them and you strafe? Never tried it myself, just a thought.

-Matt

13. kardinaal

kardinaal IncGamers Member

It was a paladin I believe. Can they get strafe? I'm not totally up to par with the possibilities with cross-character skills yet...

14. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Ahhh yes, my bad, it was a paladin, i didnt read carefully enough :)